PDA

View Full Version : Hudson Oneal

smooth32
08-09-2018, 12:12 PM
Just watched an interview, what a nice level headed young man. I've heard grumblings on him moving out of his late model and into something else. I've heard sprints, trucks and even asphalt. It would be a loss for dirt late model racing for sure.

Madcat
08-09-2018, 12:35 PM
He races sprints, mainly non-winged already. Ran in St Louis last year and did real well I believe. Or Chili Bowl. I hope he doesn't leave for pavement...... Still surprised Bobbie hasn't actually but think he got a reality check these last 2 years, not in a bad way, just to keep growing.

ptown
08-09-2018, 01:28 PM
He races sprints, mainly non-winged already. Ran in St Louis last year and did real well I believe. Or Chili Bowl. I hope he doesn't leave for pavement...... Still surprised Bobbie hasn't actually but think he got a reality check these last 2 years, not in a bad way, just to keep growing.

Pierce has no class and burnt sponsorship bridges with ignorant t-shirts. Hudson has more class in his little toe than that whole pierce clan put together plus Hudson has the NASCAR connection through is father, I predict he will be on pavement in the near future.

ride height
08-09-2018, 01:34 PM
Hudson has got game for sure. We were on the Bobby train UNTIL my wife and I saw the first “Effing Bobby Pierce “ shirts. We were done with him before our brains even fully processed what we were reading.

ride height
08-09-2018, 01:39 PM
What most sports, racing people never grasp....likeability sells more than anything. Sign a hat or a picture for a kid and he will worship you til he’s 80 yrs old. Be nice to people and give a $hit that they pay your bills when they wait in line to buy a ticket. It’s not brain surgery.

dirtcrazy4u
08-09-2018, 02:03 PM
What connection ? Because his dad drives for CBR ? Clint Boyer has no interest, to my knowledge, in Xfinity or the truck series. As much as I do like the kid, he still needs to get some wins under his belt for more people to take notice. What does nascrap have to offer ? Guys with dirt in there blood can make a good living on tour with the right sponsors.

MI Dirt Fan
08-09-2018, 02:10 PM
No but Bowyer does drive for Stewart/Haas. You ever hear of the term "I know a guy that knows another guy who knows this one guy"

ImCryn2
08-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Pierce has no class and burnt sponsorship bridges with ignorant t-shirts. Hudson has more class in his little toe than that whole pierce clan put together plus Hudson has the NASCAR connection through is father, I predict he will be on pavement in the near future.

1) it's sad that you have to bring Pierce into every conversation.

2) what sponsors has Pierce lost cuz honestly I haven't noticed any missing. Tbh I think his sponsor list continues to grow.

now can we talk about Hudson? the guy the thread is about?

ptown
08-09-2018, 02:39 PM
1) it's sad that you have to bring Pierce into every conversation.

2) what sponsors has Pierce lost cuz honestly I haven't noticed any missing. Tbh I think his sponsor list continues to grow.

now can we talk about Hudson? the guy the thread is about?

If you take time to look you will see I quoted a person that brought peerse in the conversation and thanks for caring. You must be a peerse fan cause your user name is perfect for that bunch.

TackyTracker
08-09-2018, 02:46 PM
thought I read when they came out with surgery decision that he'd be back with Lucas in 19.. Whether or not he stays after next year I guess we'll see.. Hope he sticks around for sure

ImCryn2
08-09-2018, 02:52 PM
If you take time to look you will see I quoted a person that brought peerse in the conversation and thanks for caring. You must be a peerse fan cause your user name is perfect for that bunch.

lol!!!
I'm not a huge Pierce fan, but I'm not going to fall for the nonsense on this board about him either. You say he lost sponsors yet you have not said who he lost. I'm curious as to who you think dropped him over a tshirt. Let me know who it was so I can verify your story with them.

BTW, I created my username in 2009 to fit in with the circus on here. Anything else you need answered?

MI Dirt Fan
08-09-2018, 02:52 PM

Gonna have to agree with ptown on this one. That was madcat that mentioned Pierce

ImCryn2
08-09-2018, 02:55 PM
Gonna have to agree with ptown on this one. That was madcat that mentioned Pierce

Yes, the other guy brought up Pierce, my bad. So then he took the opportunity to jump at and be negative about something or someone. Must live a pretty sad life really. .

MI Dirt Fan
08-09-2018, 02:56 PM
No only the part where madcat mentioned Pierce's name first.

ImCryn2
08-09-2018, 02:59 PM
No only the part where madcat mentioned Pierce's name first.

I edited my post. Again, my bad on that part.

Cardirt0
08-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Them Shirts were not one of the smart things they did . and i can tell you it did hurt them with some of the people that have money. Hope bobby has learned not to do that once more. When i worked for Pepsi on some of there Clubs They would black ball people for less.

TS FAN
08-09-2018, 04:45 PM
I happy for Hudson. Good kid, and I also like his dad.

smooth32
08-09-2018, 06:14 PM
1) it's sad that you have to bring Pierce into every conversation.2) what sponsors has Pierce lost cuz honestly I haven't noticed any missing. Tbh I think his sponsor list continues to grow.now can we talk about Hudson? the guy the thread is about?Thank you! You took the words out of my mouth word for word.

kidrock
08-09-2018, 06:26 PM
What connection ? Because his dad drives for CBR ? Clint Boyer has no interest, to my knowledge, in Xfinity or the truck series. As much as I do like the kid, he still needs to get some wins under his belt for more people to take notice. What does nascrap have to offer ? Guys with dirt in there blood can make a good living on tour with the right sponsors.

The connection that Clint Boyer has can only help him. Not that Clint wants to field a Truck or xfinity car but, the people that Clint knows from Sponsors, owners could help Hudson.

What does Nascar have to offer a whole lot more money

Illtsate32
08-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Ya well I met a few people that said they didnt like or dislike Bobby but when he came out with the shirts they immediately became fans...lol how do you like those apples. Once again they didnt hurt his fanbase in the least bit, most likely helped it.. and he didnt blow anything he was in a subpar truck and still did great with it. You dont get a quality ride in nascar unless you got a rich family, a huge sponsor, or trd pushes you through, Logan Seavey will be next up...

Illtsate32
08-09-2018, 06:43 PM
And Hudson is the "real deal" good little driver I am a pretty big fan...see how easy that is haters you can still like another guy and give credit when it is due...

rickybrown1952
08-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Hudson O'Neal is one of the best drivers to come along in a long time he will get top 10 or better this yr. He will win the championship in the next 3 yrs

chupp n bloomer fan
08-09-2018, 07:45 PM
Ya well I met a few people that said they didnt like or dislike Bobby but when he came out with the shirts they immediately became fans...lol how do you like those apples. Once again they didnt hurt his fanbase in the least bit, most likely helped it.. and he didnt blow anything he was in a subpar truck and still did great with it. You dont get a quality ride in nascar unless you got a rich family, a huge sponsor, or trd pushes you through, Logan Seavey will be next up...I’ve looked past the shirts, is what it is, was a poor choice. Personally, if I gained fans with those shirts, they aren’t the kinda fans I want.

And Hudson is really good, him and Bobby both. I think he stays with late models, him and Bobby will duke it out for years.

kazual
08-10-2018, 11:30 AM
Kid exudes class in his interviews. If his right foot can match the savvy of his head then the sky is the limit in whatever direction he decides to go. Know if I was a parent that sprints and midgets wouldn’t be my first choice just based on safety alone.

dirtcrazy4u
08-10-2018, 07:10 PM
WOW. Trully, if the thread says Hudson O'Neal how the Sam h*ll do some of you ALWAYS have to bring up either Bloomer or Pierce. It really gets old. Or, some start with the stupid comments that have nothing to do with anything. In the press release by ??? It stated he will be back on the lucas tour in 2019.

TerryM
08-10-2018, 11:49 PM
No driver got louder cheers from the crowd at Florence tonight than Hudson O’Neal. Great kid and serious talent.

BigDaddy84
08-11-2018, 12:59 AM
Talked to him and his dad tonight Hud is a nice kid with great potential.

Zonks32x
08-11-2018, 06:54 AM
https://racingnews.co/2018/08/01/hudson-oneal-sidelined-due-to-shoulder-injury/

Here's a link from a story on Aug 1st where Hudson is directly quoted saying he will run Lucas in '19.

MI Dirt Fan
08-15-2018, 02:31 PM
Lucas tweeted about and hour ago the surgery was complete and Hudson was recovering well.

waaac77
08-15-2018, 02:41 PM
I was never one that thought I needed a Bobby (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ing pierce shirt but I saw a guy wearing one this summer and thought it would be cool to get one. I was drunk at the time I thought that though.