PDA

View Full Version : Crowl and Eckert done after 2018 per DoD

Tireguy17
08-22-2018, 02:53 PM
I think this will be the end of Rick's WoO touring days. I cannot see anyone else funding his operation.

MI Dirt Fan
08-22-2018, 03:00 PM
Not surprising. Between Eckert and Clanton this year I dunno who's running the worst.

mccreadiefan39
08-22-2018, 04:57 PM
I feel like he was better when he was in a Longhorn and now that he switched to the Rocket XR1 they have been searching for speed.

MI Dirt Fan
08-22-2018, 05:03 PM
Must be that #5000 Rocket doesn't have the magic.

Tireguy17
08-22-2018, 06:09 PM
He was doing better in the Longhorn but that was before the XR1 chassis really took off.

dirtMAN007
08-22-2018, 06:38 PM
I think this will be the end of Rick's WoO touring days. I cannot see anyone else funding his operation.

you mean he won't spend his own money to race.....................................at least he has a career to fall back on .................................... you want cheese on that sub ?

MI Dirt Fan
08-22-2018, 06:50 PM
He could clean up running regional stuff. I mean his only two wins this season were off the WoO tour close to home.

Cheddar cheese please.

P.S

Extra mayo also 😉😉😉

Zonks32x
08-22-2018, 09:54 PM
He won't be the only one that won't return to WoO full-time after this season. One of the top guys will not be back in '19 either.

Agree, he could clean house in regional events close to home. Maybe run some summer nats stuff.

Josh Bayko
08-22-2018, 10:08 PM
He won't be the only one that won't return to WoO full-time after this season. One of the top guys will not be back in '19 either.

Agree, he could clean house in regional events close to home. Maybe run some summer nats stuff.

There is a ton of specials in PA every year. He could run for good to great money basically every weekend and never leave the state, and that doesn’t even take the other stuff that’s in MD and DE that wouldn’t be far for him either.

Zonks32x
08-22-2018, 10:22 PM
Makes one wonder why some of these guys run a national tour when they could win same amount or more $$ staying closer to home.

Actually be $ ahead b/c of the reduced travel cost.

racincowboy02
08-22-2018, 10:48 PM
Who is the top guy that won't be back on the woo tour in 19

MI Dirt Fan
08-22-2018, 10:48 PM
Either Marlar or Madden would be my guess

nuff said
08-22-2018, 10:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if neither of them returned.

#FALSuperman
08-23-2018, 12:41 AM
WOO in general is really getting thin on the full-time touring front. Only 10 currently.

Jking24
08-23-2018, 05:40 AM
Makes one wonder why some of these guys run a national tour when they could win same amount or more $$ staying closer to home.Actually be $ ahead b/c of the reduced travel cost.Their are a lot of perks or reasons to run a tour vs race regionally show up money and pit passes for one. It doesn't take but a few rough nights or sub par finishes racing locally before the budget wears thin. The average regional show pays less than 500 to start. With their tow money and other incentives i believe the average outlaw guy makes close to 2000 a night regardless of where or if he finishes the race. Their is also alot more product help when you run a series. And believe me when i say I'm not trying to make it sound like one is easier than the other becuase without that help i speak of we wouldn't have 2 competitive series with 8-10+ guys dragging their stuff all over the country for us to watch

racincowboy02
08-23-2018, 05:46 AM
Do you think they could jump to the Lucas series next year or just done with the national touring aspect all together

dirtcrazy4u
08-23-2018, 05:51 AM
J king and bayko. I agree with both of you. Eckert could run around Pa, Md, De. and do very well for himself. But, j king hit it also. He will be giving up his pit passes and tow money. Question is will he want to do that ? Look at chubzilla! He basically said the hell with it and I don't think he has run as many local shows as many thought he would. And yes, I may be wrong on that because you just don't hear his name mentioned.

MI Dirt Fan
08-23-2018, 05:56 AM
"all over the country" that's an exaggeration. Maybe the sprint guys but NOT the LM guys.

Josh Bayko
08-23-2018, 06:00 AM
J king and bayko. I agree with both of you. Eckert could run around Pa, Md, De. and do very well for himself. But, j king hit it also. He will be giving up his pit passes and tow money. Question is will he want to do that ? Look at chubzilla! He basically said the hell with it and I don't think he has run as many local shows as many thought he would. And yes, I may be wrong on that because you just don't hear his name mentioned.

Chub hasn’t run a whole lot but nobody in PA has. Rain has been a real PIA this year up here.

weatherman85
08-23-2018, 08:59 AM
Eckert just hasn't ever been the same since the Raye Vest ride. Glad to see that he's been able to stick with it but sucks to see his success slowly drop over the last decade. Was always one of my favs to watch and root for. Loved the orange 24 look and Rick was a super nice approachable guy. Remember talking to him for over an hour in the pits one time at the first ever World Finals at Charlotte Dirt Track. Hope he's able to find success again. The Dork from York will always be one of my favorites.

B_K
08-23-2018, 10:40 AM
Realistic chance 1/2 the top ten aren't back next year.

Josh Bayko
08-23-2018, 10:51 AM
Realistic chance 1/2 the top ten aren't back next year.

There will be guys that fill the void, there always is.

Tireguy17
08-23-2018, 11:19 AM
There is a better chance of Lucas drivers crossing over to fill open WoO spots than having regional teams step up and run a touring series in my opinion. But with that being said, the WoO schedule is inferior to the Lucas schedule, they have more big shows and more TV exposure than WoO does.

The WoO will be in trouble if they lose 4-5 drivers this off-season.

B_K
08-23-2018, 01:05 PM
There will be guys that fill the void, there always is.

No doubt about it. My comment was just about the current top 10.

Pennsboro23
08-23-2018, 01:28 PM
You'll see a couple lucas guys cross over next year. I believe Owens was real close to running WoO this year but ended up back with Lucas.

MI Dirt Fan
08-23-2018, 01:31 PM
You'll see a couple lucas guys cross over next year. I believe Owens was real close to running WoO this year but ended up back with Lucas.
And maybe Bloomquist this past year also....

HoosierDirtFan
08-23-2018, 01:46 PM
And maybe Bloomquist this past year also....

Heck they almost had Erb too. I remember talking to him after the dream and said I gave it some serious thought but Lucas has been great to me and the rest of the series driver. Plus the sponsors like the exposer they get.