PDA

View Full Version : In other news

MI Dirt Fan
08-25-2018, 11:12 PM
Culp wins the MSCCS race at the Mag.

Chilton wins the SAS at Smokey Mountain.

MI Dirt Fan
08-25-2018, 11:18 PM
Clanton wins the Ultimate race at Senoia.

One Man Gang
08-25-2018, 11:18 PM
Who won at Lake Cumberland anybody know ?

MI Dirt Fan
08-25-2018, 11:20 PM
Haven't seen anything yet.

slmcrewchief99
08-25-2018, 11:31 PM
Culp wins the Comp Cam's series race at the Mag.

Chilton wins the SAS at Smokey Mountain.

CompCams didn't race this weekend. It was the State Series. Thanks for the info though.

MI Dirt Fan
08-25-2018, 11:33 PM
CompCams didn't race this weekend. It was the State Series. Thanks for the info though.

Fixed it!!! I was wondering where a couple Comp cam guys were. lol

MI Dirt Fan
08-26-2018, 12:09 AM

Jason Jameson

One Man Gang
08-26-2018, 12:38 AM
Thank you Sir

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-26-2018, 02:24 AM
Madden wins couch tater trophy!

JabberJaws83
08-26-2018, 08:38 AM

Or maybe the family trophy?

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-26-2018, 09:06 AM
None of the above races count. Nor do the drivers.

Barbecueboy
08-26-2018, 09:08 AM
Maddens event win pays much better............congrats Chris.

Josh Bayko
08-26-2018, 12:18 PM
Chris is probably making sure his equipment is on point for Eldora, and I can’t blame him for that.

Kwd1253
08-26-2018, 12:46 PM

I thought was sold all his equipment and wasnot going race no more? He pulling a Moyer Jr?

HoosierDirtFan
08-26-2018, 01:53 PM
I thought was sold all his equipment and wasnot going race no more? He pulling a Moyer Jr?

He has a pick-up truck with an open trailer and he kept a car. Seen a picture he posted on Facebook. Trailer is for sale or has already sold. Just going off of what I've see on Facebook.

Zonks32x
08-26-2018, 02:28 PM
I get fans want to see "all" the big names every weekend, and I can appreciate that. Paying customer wants a good value.

That said, it kills me when a guy like Madden this weekend or T-Mac on USA Nationals weekend, get absolutely shredded for staying home and spending a weekend with family, or fishing, drinking beer on the couch, or whatever else they decided to do instead of race.

These guys spend most of their weekends on the road, living out of a toter home, putting it on the line to entertain us in a very dangerous profession.

In return, a few @$$hats think a guy taking "A" weekend off is justification to insult these guys and then question their competitive drive, and toughness. Seriously!?!?

All I can say is Good for Madden!! I hope this weekend with family and friends exceeded all expectations. There will always be another pit gate to pull thru and check to cash as long as he wants to keep racing...but quality time with loved ones...you can't put a price tag on that.

Illtsate32
08-26-2018, 02:33 PM
Racing for a living this being the higest paying race of the year....idk wouldnt of been the race a chose to stay home for but thats just me...

Kwd1253
08-26-2018, 03:14 PM
I get fans want to see "all" the big names every weekend, and I can appreciate that. Paying customer wants a good value.

That said, it kills me when a guy like Madden this weekend or T-Mac on USA Nationals weekend, get absolutely shredded for staying home and spending a weekend with family, or fishing, drinking beer on the couch, or whatever else they decided to do instead of race.

These guys spend most of their weekends on the road, living out of a toter home, putting it on the line to entertain us in a very dangerous profession.

In return, a few @$$hats think a guy taking "A" weekend off is justification to insult these guys and then question their competitive drive, and toughness. Seriously!?!?

All I can say is Good for Madden!! I hope this weekend with family and friends exceeded all expectations. There will always be another pit gate to pull thru and check to cash as long as he wants to keep racing...but quality time with loved ones...you can't put a price tag on that.

I don’t need big name drivers. I like seen local and small out town/state drivers show up for a 5k-10k, than big names show up try win it.

Think most not shredding tmac not showing up, most are giving long horn (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) because he got box trailer with one car for big money event. That when you need to make sure he has two cars, extra parts, full crew specially for 200k win event. Maybe there way more to the story why the Labonte not giving him more help.

TS FAN
08-26-2018, 03:25 PM

As was reported Jameson won. However there was also a big rumble on the front stretch. Not sure who won that.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-26-2018, 04:39 PM
Very spot on man.

Props to Madden, he chose family over racing. I’d never put a guy down for that. I know Chris likes to spend time with his family. I may not like him, but I respect that.

Illtsate32
08-26-2018, 04:48 PM
Who knows if he was with his family he could of been out with his side chick for all we know..js was anybody there at the house with em?? Lol jokes guys jokes but for real guys nobody knows exactly why he did anything stop jumping to conclusions....

chupp n bloomer fan
08-26-2018, 04:51 PM
Who knows if he was with his family he could of been out with his side chick for all we know..js was anybody there at the house with em?? Lol jokes guys jokes but for real stop jumping to conclusions...Chris never traveled before because of his family, he tries to balance it as much as possible.

kidrock
08-26-2018, 04:55 PM

I agree 100%, racing wasn't has important as family was for him. I can respect that!!

One Man Gang
08-26-2018, 05:02 PM
Can someone post the video of the royal rumble at Lake Cumberland ?

chupp n bloomer fan
08-26-2018, 05:35 PM
Can someone post the video of the royal rumble at Lake Cumberland ?On DoD, dunno if anyone else has it. Flippin hillbillies acting like animals over a simple racing incident. And by no means do I like Owenby, but it was just a racing deal. He got slid, went under, someone went below him, and they met outta 4. And they crashed, and guy who went low I believe got butthurt.

Illtsate32
08-26-2018, 06:38 PM
Never seen Owenby race, but everytime I hear brawl or fight, his name is in it...

TackyTracker
08-26-2018, 08:25 PM
glad to see Birky back at the track.. Essex must have mentioned 5x that when Birky is there it's just much better.. As far as Madden taking the w/e off I can't say I blame him either.. Kids grow up way to quick and just 1 w/e off isn't really enough so we should be glad it's just 1 week not for good

MI Dirt Fan
08-26-2018, 08:47 PM
Maybe but other than the World in 2 weeks, WoO is off for a month. Pretty much all I said in another post it was kinda odd the WoO point leader isn't going to be at the highest paying race in long time. Just sayin'

kazual
08-27-2018, 04:57 AM
Lot of hero worship with short track racing fans, some feel “entitled” to see this or that driver at an event. Hard to know what goes on in driver’s or team owner’s lives that determines their schedule or activities.

Mud Packer
08-27-2018, 09:36 AM
Did anyone think that maybe this past weekend was a special occasion or event for a family member that Madden wanted to attend. If you take off the weekend of the largest paying race of the season, I'm sure it was a special time he decided to spend with his family. It doesn't always have to be about racing. And he really doesn't need anyone on 4m's permission to do so.

Mindwalker
08-27-2018, 01:05 PM

Making you boy look silly.... Lmfao!

RayCook53fan
08-27-2018, 01:52 PM
On DoD, dunno if anyone else has it. Flippin hillbillies acting like animals over a simple racing incident. And by no means do I like Owenby, but it was just a racing deal. He got slid, went under, someone went below him, and they met outta 4. And they crashed, and guy who went low I believe got butthurt.

Dude jumping on the hood of Owenby's car is the dad of one of the top DLM drivers in the country too... his other 2 sons were involved in the incident. Seemed pretty unnecessary to me. I'm not an Owenby fan in the least, but it was just a racing deal.

Clayton_Wetter
08-27-2018, 02:47 PM
Who knows if he was with his family he could of been out with his side chick for all we know..js was anybody there at the house with em?? Lol jokes guys jokes but for real guys nobody knows exactly why he did anything stop jumping to conclusions....

The gullibles always believe what a drivers says... Like, the track was great tonight, just because they finished first It's automatic. hahahahaa

Clayton_Wetter
08-27-2018, 02:49 PM
Did anyone think that maybe this past weekend was a special occasion or event for a family member that Madden wanted to attend. If you take off the weekend of the largest paying race of the season, I'm sure it was a special time he decided to spend with his family. It doesn't always have to be about racing. And he really doesn't need anyone on 4m's permission to do so.

No we didn't and next time they better call us for permission!!!

chupp n bloomer fan
08-27-2018, 04:53 PM
Dude jumping on the hood of Owenby's car is the dad of one of the top DLM drivers in the country too... his other 2 sons were involved in the incident. Seemed pretty unnecessary to me. I'm not an Owenby fan in the least, but it was just a racing deal.I know who you mean, he got very lucky he didn’t get an attitude adjustment. It was purely a racing deal, and I’m with you, not an Owenby fan.

MI Dirt Fan
08-27-2018, 06:43 PM
Was he the one that McDowell got into it with?

RayCook53fan
08-28-2018, 06:56 AM
Was he the one that McDowell got into it with?

No, that was Michael Page... who coincidentally had a run in with John Owenby at Boyd's earlier this year.