PDA

View Full Version : Second Dirt Million????

thexfactor0210
08-26-2018, 01:53 PM
Any announcements made on a second dirt million for next year? How was the crowd on Friday and Saturday???

Dlmfan123
08-26-2018, 02:20 PM
Standing room only saturday

drunkinashortbus
08-26-2018, 02:32 PM
Crowd was good. My only problem was the camping they didn't do a good job parking people. People were marking off bigger spots then what they paid for in Lot A. Reminded me of old Eldora before they went reserve camping. That was my only complaint of the weekend besides that the racing was a lot better then it has been in the past.

thexfactor0210
08-26-2018, 03:28 PM
Wow standing room only? And all the suited were sold out and saw lot of people sitting hillside. That is good to hear

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-26-2018, 04:14 PM
The racing was only a stone throw away!

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-26-2018, 04:36 PM
The racing was only a stone throw away!

I see what you did there...

#FALSuperman
08-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Walked the track after races Saturday night. That thing was loaded with rocks all over the surface. Don't think I will be back, unless they really improve on some things.

MI Dirt Fan
08-26-2018, 09:14 PM
When did the promotion/ticker for this year's event start?

HoosierDirtFan
08-26-2018, 09:20 PM
When did the promotion/ticker for this year's event start?

The money ticker started back around late February / March. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe was something like 26 weeks ago.

3 wide
08-26-2018, 09:23 PM
I would say it will keep going as long as you keep sending money in for the purse.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-27-2018, 04:00 AM
I would say it will keep going as long as you keep sending money in for the purse.Just like every other race ever ran in the history of races.

kazual
08-27-2018, 05:04 AM
Been baffled by people’s reactions to the accumulated purse idea from the get go. It was posted in black and white, everyone knew the program in advance. Promoter has brought two of the freshest ideas to dirt racing in a long time. My mind he deserves an attaboy for creativity and thinking outside the box. Did he learn from this first event and will seek to improve going forward? Have to think he did unless he is a one trick pony.

Mason87
08-27-2018, 05:56 AM
Exactly, I'm sure all the tracks around the country depend on the fans to pay the majority of the purse, all these people bashing this guy from trying something new are idiots crying about the name the payout and whatever else you can drag out to put him and the event down. Does he need to improve it yes he does but what doesn't need to be fixed after the first try?

bullring
08-27-2018, 06:02 AM
I predict there will be several "Million" races next season. All the keyboard promoters will be stepping up and buying or leasing their favorite tracks all over the country and running their own events. Might even be able to start a new series of these event called the Million Series.

GEAR_HEAD
08-27-2018, 06:09 AM
I would say it will keep going as long as you keep sending money in for the purse.

Could say that the same for the World 100. If fans stopped paying the purse for it that race would end as well.

Mason87
08-27-2018, 06:55 AM
Didn't you know? Tony pays all that out of his pocket just because he's such a nice guy.

dirtracer12m
08-27-2018, 08:30 AM
I've seen lots of people upset about him calling the race the Dirt Million. If it was a true realistic possibility then I could see the angle of wanting to call the race that and wouldn't really have an issue with it. But now that the race has come and gone and we know the final ticker amount of $405,000 and we also know the stands were full on Saturday... it's obvious this race was never going to be a million dollar purse from the very beginning.

I don't care if every fan there bought a bunch of the trinkets they were selling and bought up all the side panels off the cars, checkered flag, helmet and everything else. The race already had a sponsor that moved the ticker 50k in the beginning so I dont see much more coming from that side of it. If the stands are already full theres not much a chance of raising much more money via tickets. What else is there? Did he think people were just going to donate the rest?

Dont get me wrong the idea is unique and I'm glad someone is trying to new things but there is no way around the fact the race name was pure deception. There is no freaking way another $600,000 gets pumped into that purse.

intel8
08-27-2018, 09:56 AM
It was a great weekend for our group. The feature on Sat. was crazy. I don't understand all the bashing of this event.

GEAR_HEAD
08-27-2018, 10:12 AM
I've seen lots of people upset about him calling the race the Dirt Million. If it was a true realistic possibility then I could see the angle of wanting to call the race that and wouldn't really have an issue with it. But now that the race has come and gone and we know the final ticker amount of $405,000 and we also know the stands were full on Saturday... it's obvious this race was never going to be a million dollar purse from the very beginning.

I don't care if every fan there bought a bunch of the trinkets they were selling and bought up all the side panels off the cars, checkered flag, helmet and everything else. The race already had a sponsor that moved the ticker 50k in the beginning so I dont see much more coming from that side of it. If the stands are already full theres not much a chance of raising much more money via tickets. What else is there? Did he think people were just going to donate the rest?

Dont get me wrong the idea is unique and I'm glad someone is trying to new things but there is no way around the fact the race name was pure deception. There is no freaking way another $600,000 gets pumped into that purse.

How can you come to that conclusion after year 1? The more exposure the race gets the more sponsors that will jump on board. Just because it didn't hit 1 mil this year why do you think he should he should stop trying?

Tireguy17
08-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Unless they get the surface fixed (remove the rocks, roughness and abrasiveness), it will prevent the event from growing. Yes the drivers who made the feature got at least $4 grand, but I'm willing to bet the extra $1,500-2,000 they got over normal start money went right back into the cars to replace damage from the weekend. And those who didn't make the show probably lost a good amount of money if they had moderate damage.

The format is not my cup of tea but to each their own.

brsteg
08-27-2018, 10:35 AM
I think the first year will be the biggest it will ever be, because interest is at an all time high for something new. Barring sponsorship, it will only get smaller IMO.
It needs a new name that's honest. Calling it the Million was just an attention grab and it worked great. But it's an insult to the 2 real Million races Earl ran IMO. At the end of the day this was on the .4Million race, and there was not a very realistic path to the full Million as it seems now.
I'm ok with a crowd funded race, but it needs a new name, an honest name, a respectful name.

tb1545
08-27-2018, 11:10 AM
"It needs a new name that's honest. Calling it the Million was just an attention grab and it worked great. But it's an insult to the 2 real Million races Earl ran IMO."

Did earl run 2 million dollar races? ive only ever heard of the one Donnie Moran won. Not nitpicking, just curious if there was another one.

Pennsboro23
08-27-2018, 11:13 AM
"It needs a new name that's honest. Calling it the Million was just an attention grab and it worked great. But it's an insult to the 2 real Million races Earl ran IMO."

Did earl run 2 million dollar races? ive only ever heard of the one Donnie Moran won. Not nitpicking, just curious if there was another one.

Mopar million.....

NY DIRT
08-27-2018, 11:22 AM
Hey, it was a first timer. Packed grandstands,great field of drivers, race was exciting,to say the least nobody knew who was going to win until the last lap. It can only go downhill from here.

Remember the first dirt race for the late models when they put the dirt down at Bristol. They had a nice crowd, many of the best dirt drivers in the country were there. Promoter made money. It was a success.

Then they tried it again, Less then half the people then the first year. Promoter lost money. It was a failure. Never tried it again.

Bottom line, the promoter named it the dirt million. Great marketing tool. It worked. Do not have this event again.

Get that dirt surface with the rocks out of there. Bring in some quality clay. Continue running Late model and sprint specials next season and then the following season, come up with another HUGE
LATE MODEL EVENT. give it a special name. Market it well. and the people will come again...

Oh by the way, I am available if you want to hire me for my thoughts and ideas...

tb1545
08-27-2018, 11:23 AM
I must live under a bridge or noone ever talks about it since it was non wing sprints. That was one of the best payout setups IMO too.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-27-2018, 11:48 AM
Issue hard hats w next tickets!

chathamracefan
08-27-2018, 11:56 AM
I would echo tb1545. Mopar Million for USAC sprints was best purse setup. $200k to win, $125k for 2nd & $100k for 3rd iirc. I believe it was $10k to make the feature.

That was my first weekend ever at Eldora. Have been to several late model shows & a Kings Royal since. Don't know if I have seen anything better than that weekend. It was incredible.

goofyville
08-27-2018, 12:04 PM
Wasn't there so can not comment on the race at all, but what if Earl would of quit after the first world or the first dream, just asking.

Mindwalker
08-27-2018, 12:23 PM
Issue hard hats w next tickets!

With your condition, the protective head gear you have to wear will be sufficient. Hahahahahaaaaa

Clayton_Wetter
08-27-2018, 12:34 PM
Walked the track after races Saturday night. That thing was loaded with rocks all over the surface. Don't think I will be back, unless they really improve on some things.

Just take a catchers mitt and a face shield. Just kidding. I went to a track where I got hit in the mouth with a rock, felt like it could have broken some teeth but it didn't, then the very next time we went to that track a golf ball sized rock hit me on the knee and it was sore for a year over that. Another guy got hit in the mouth and got cut clear through the lip. And yet another kid got hit in the forehead and the blood poured. Required an ambulance trip for them both.

When you have to worry about getting hurt or killed it takes the fun out of it.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-27-2018, 01:05 PM
With your condition, the protective head gear you have to wear will be sufficient. Hahahahahaaaaa

With your head they shatter and bouce off!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-27-2018, 01:06 PM
Just take a catchers mitt and a face shield. Just kidding. I went to a track where I got in the mouth with a rock, felt like it could have broken some teeth but it didn't, then the very next time we went to that track a golf ball sized rock hit be on the knee and it was sore for a year over that. Another guy got hit in the mouth and got cut clear through the lip. And yet another kid got hit in the forehead and the blood poured. Required an ambulance trip for him.

When you have to worry about getting hurt or killed it takes the fun out of it.

Thats uncalled for right there.

Clayton_Wetter
08-27-2018, 01:09 PM
Thats uncalled for right there.

Almost sounds like a battleground???? :):)

Clayton_Wetter
08-27-2018, 01:12 PM
Any announcements made on a second dirt million for next year? How was the crowd on Friday and Saturday???

What do you mean "second dirt million"????

thexfactor0210
08-27-2018, 01:19 PM
I mean will he have the race again next year.

Clayton_Wetter
08-27-2018, 01:20 PM
I mean will he have the race again next year.

I know, just kidding. :)

Mindwalker
08-27-2018, 01:22 PM
Almost sounds like a battleground???? :):)

R u asking him how it feels for him here in 4m? Hahahahahaaaaa

Mindwalker
08-27-2018, 01:24 PM

They didn't pay the winner the first mill. 😀

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-27-2018, 01:24 PM
I can take all the 4m stone throwing

Mindwalker
08-27-2018, 01:26 PM
I can take all the 4m stone throwing

Like a midget toss... Hahahahahaaaaa

Mindwalker
08-27-2018, 01:27 PM
Mental midget. 😁Lmao!!!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Midget bowling .... get it right!

bigq11
08-27-2018, 02:05 PM
If I remember correctly, Earl let the teams vote for either a million to win or spread the money through the field. Easy to see how the teams voted.

Zonks32x
08-27-2018, 04:29 PM
I don't believe we'll hear anything about a second attempt at this event until the promoter counts up all the shekels from this first go 'round and sees how many were left over for himself.

If he made a nice haul for himself, then I think you'll hear more about version 2.0.

My personal opinion:
1) Switch the name to the Payday 100.
2) Guarantee a minimum amount to win...say $75k
3) Guarantee a minimum amount to start...say $4k
4) Do the whole donation/provisional thing again and add to the winner's share if the threshold to do so is met.
5) Rest of the payout is locked in.
6) Make it 3 provisionals and give Lucas 1 if it's one of their events again.
7) Add a fan-vote provisional. Everyone who bought a ticket to attend the race and everyone who bought the pay per view gets one vote. Could be done on-line with limited hassle.
The driver who didn't qualify for the A-main w/the most fan votes (by paying customers) gets in. That driver tags the field starting 25th.

Payout:
$75k, $40k, $20k, $18k, $17k, $16k, $15k, $14k, $13k, $12k, $11k, $10.5k, $10k, $9.5k, $9k, $8.5k, $8k, $7.5k, $7k, $6.5k, $6k, $5.5k, $5k, $4.5k, $4k

Total $352.5k
*Winner's share can increase based off fan donations, just like this year.

You want another wrinkle, add $2500 (making the total purse $355k) $500 bonus to the driver leading the race on lap 10, 30, 50, 70, & 90.

Another idea would be to institute lap sponsors (Minimum $100)
For example...Pierce fans love them some 32...so the Bobby Pierce fan club could put up $100 and the leader of lap 32 earns that donation. JD fans can take lap 49. Bloomer fans can take two laps... 0 and give the $ to the pole-sitter and of course lap 18. There will be at least a dozen rockets in the field, so Mark Richards could personally sponsor 12 laps including lap 1. Canadian fans you have lap 7.
Twenty seconds in and we got 1/6th of the laps covered.

Get DoD and Arizona Sports Shirts involved again...and have at it.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-27-2018, 04:50 PM
Didn't you know? Tony pays all that out of his pocket just because he's such a nice guy.Yep. All out of his pocket. Lol

Talk about a race that could pay a million, with a nice purse, it’s The World 100.

Josh Bayko
08-27-2018, 06:12 PM
Sure, Tony could pat a million for winning the World. Thing is, that race could pay 20k and get the same cars. It's the one big race where the purse does not matter, like, at all.

Mindwalker
08-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Midget bowling .... get it right!

You being the first pin, right? Hahahahahaaaaa

#FALSuperman
08-27-2018, 06:44 PM
I don't believe we'll hear anything about a second attempt at this event until the promoter counts up all the shekels from this first go 'round and sees how many were left over for himself.

If he made a nice haul for himself, then I think you'll hear more about version 2.0.

My personal opinion:
3) Guarantee a minimum amount to start...say $4k
4) Do the whole donation/provisional thing again and add to the winner's share if the threshold to do so is met.
5) Rest of the payout is locked in.
6) Make it 3 provisionals and give Lucas 1 if it's one of their events again.
7) Add a fan-vote provisional. Everyone who bought a ticket to attend the race and everyone who bought the pay per view gets one vote. Could be done on-line with limited hassle.
The driver who didn't qualify for the A-main w/the most fan votes (by paying customers) gets in. That driver tags the field starting 25th.

Payout:
$75k, $40k, $20k, $18k, $17k, $16k, $15k, $14k, $13k, $12k, $11k, $10.5k, $10k, $9.5k, $9k, $8.5k, $8k, $7.5k, $7k, $6.5k, $6k, $5.5k, $5k, $4.5k, $4k

Total $352.5k
*Winner's share can increase based off fan donations, just like this year.

You want another wrinkle, add $2500 (making the total purse $355k) $500 bonus to the driver leading the race on lap 10, 30, 50, 70, & 90.

Another idea would be to institute lap sponsors (Minimum $100)
For example...Pierce fans love them some 32...so the Bobby Pierce fan club could put up $100 and the leader of lap 32 earns that donation. JD fans can take lap 49. Bloomer fans can take two laps... 0 and give the $ to the pole-sitter and of course lap 18. There will be at least a dozen rockets in the field, so Mark Richards could personally sponsor 12 laps including lap 1. Canadian fans you have lap 7.
Twenty seconds in and we got 1/6th of the laps covered.

Get DoD and Arizona Sports Shirts involved again...and have at it.

Actually, there's some logic to some of these ideas. Not bad. I could support an event similar to this layout, just at a different venue.

GEAR_HEAD
08-27-2018, 07:04 PM
Actually, there's some logic to some of these ideas. Not bad. I could support an event similar to this layout, just at a different venue.

Where will you find a better venue?

#FALSuperman
08-27-2018, 07:23 PM

You said that with a striaght face? Mansfield is not on most peoples top venues. If I'm wrong, I surr haven't seen it or heard it within the racing community.
The surface of the track alone makes it a bad venue. The food was average at best. I think the track isn't wide enough, like the grandstands. Shouldn't have to bring a helmet to a race. Many tracks have better prices as well when it comes to drinks, and food. I wasn't even impressed with the setup of merchandise trailers. Maybe I expected too much out of a race called the "Dirt Million"?

Stefan2k4
08-27-2018, 07:24 PM
Well, Look on the bright side, if they have it again next year they should have plenty of event sponsors lined up already. Who? Trial injury lawyers! I can see the backstretch lined with billboards that read something along these lines.

Hit by a rock? Don't scream. Call Akiem!

" a rock leave you with a lump on the head? Dial all 9's and get a lump in your wallet instead!"

"I got hit by a rock at the racetrack and wound up with a bigger payday than EPJ! Call Shyster law firm today and see what your rock is worth!"

GEAR_HEAD
08-27-2018, 07:26 PM
You said that with a striaght face? Mansfield is not on most peoples top venues. If I'm wrong, I surr haven't seen it or heard it within the racing community.
The surface of the track alone makes it a bad venue. The food was average at best. I think the track isn't wide enough, like the grandstands. Shouldn't have to bring a helmet to a race. Many tracks have better prices as well when it comes to drinks, and food. I wasn't even impressed with the setup of merchandise trailers. Maybe I expected too much out of a race called the "Dirt Million"?

The track isn't even 2 years old yet. It's already been stated that the inside wall is being removed and new clay is being brought in from down south. But you're just going to write it off even though they have identified the issues and are trying to fix them? It doesn't make any sense to me why you people want all of the tracks to fail. And if you judge tracks based on the food and how they park the merch trailers then your priorities are all mixed up.

late model chaser
08-27-2018, 07:27 PM
The venue is perfect. They just need to tweak a few things.

Mams
08-27-2018, 07:30 PM
Someone who works at the track said Cody lost $25k on the earlier sprint race & that if he loses anything on this race he’s done with Mansfield & Milliron can scrap the aluminum grandstands & sell the property.

#FALSuperman
08-27-2018, 07:37 PM
The venue is perfect. They just need to tweak a few things.

You're being kind. It will take more than some tweaking. I was 100% on board with this race, too.

Barbecueboy
08-27-2018, 08:01 PM
Well, Look on the bright side, if they have it again next year they should have plenty of event sponsors lined up already. Who? Trial injury lawyers! I can see the backstretch lined with billboards that read something along these lines.

You must live in the southeast......I see all those same commercials,lol.

If the track is that bad with rocks, I can't see them not fixing it.........for selfish reasons and the great racing aspect of it I'd like to see them run it or something like it at .Screven...Wythe.....or 311
Cody and his team will get it figured out, guy is good for the sport.

#FALSuperman
08-27-2018, 08:25 PM
The track isn't even 2 years old yet. It's already been stated that the inside wall is being removed and new clay is being brought in from down south. But you're just going to write it off even though they have identified the issues and are trying to fix them? It doesn't make any sense to me why you people want all of the tracks to fail. And if you judge tracks based on the food and how they park the merch trailers then your priorities are all mixed up.

Listen, I want this track to succeed. I went to the race in support, not to expect disappointment. There are 6 or 7 big race events I go to per year. This just happens to be the first one I felt let down. It's my opinion. You are free to disagree.
As far as priorities go, I don't mind a facility having bland food, or above average drink/food prices. However, if this is the case, you need to have a top notch facility (track surface, and prep guys included).
A poor track causes other things, like food/drinks/merch trailers and such to stand out more.

Josh Bayko
08-27-2018, 08:32 PM

VMS and Charlotte come to mind. All the bells and whistles and none of the rocks.

Barbecueboy
08-27-2018, 08:40 PM
Listen, I want this track to succeed. I went to the race in support, not to expect disappointment. There are 6 or 7 big race events I go to per year. This just happens to be the first one I felt let down. It's my opinion. You are free to disagree.
As far as priorities go, I don't mind a facility having bland food, or above average drink/food prices. However, if this is the case, you need to have a top notch facility (track surface, and prep guys included).
A poor track causes other things, like food/drinks/merch trailers and such to stand out more.

Agreed.......good racing can make a lot of things overlook able.

I hope they figure it out, happy for the EPJ win and thanks to Cody for being innovative and bringing new ideas to a sport that needs new ideas.

JK4745
08-27-2018, 08:40 PM
I attended this race as well and I thought the track Saturday night was pretty darn good. Food prices there weren't any higher than other tracks in Ohio with the exception of Eldora. I hope he continues to have big races at Mansfield. The facility is second to none and the location is ideal. As for the rocks he's addressing that and it is better than it was for the Lucas race in July. Not sure why so many people are against Cody and Mansfield. I for one am greatful that he is coming up with new ways to promote and putting on bigger paying events. I attended the sprint car world championship, Lucas Oil in July, the Dirt Million and plan on attending the Shawshank 100.

Barbecueboy
08-27-2018, 08:44 PM
Shawshank 100......what is that?

non driving fool
08-27-2018, 08:54 PM
I think its great that cody in coming up with new ideas instead of seeing tracks close. I went to lucas last year and two lucas shows this year. Fact is that dirt is junk and the rocks will get somebody hurt. Now somebody is saying it going to get changed--where is that info? If they get some good clay I'd love to go back but until then I dont think so! And everybody had the same opinion after the races sat night--I really hope he steps up!

HoosierDirtFan
08-27-2018, 08:54 PM
Shawshank 100......what is that?

A 100 lap Modified race

ZERO25
08-27-2018, 09:15 PM
I attended this race as well and I thought the track Saturday night was pretty darn good. Food prices there weren't any higher than other tracks in Ohio with the exception of Eldora. I hope he continues to have big races at Mansfield. The facility is second to none and the location is ideal. As for the rocks he's addressing that and it is better than it was for the Lucas race in July. Not sure why so many people are against Cody and Mansfield. I for one am greatful that he is coming up with new ways to promote and putting on bigger paying events. I attended the sprint car world championship, Lucas Oil in July, the Dirt Million and plan on attending the Shawshank 100.

Agree....kudos to Cody and crew, job well done first time around!

On a side note......if Bloomer had 10 more laps, then........:)

kazual
08-27-2018, 09:16 PM
Guy has faced down the naysayers more then once. Not sure how it plays out but I wouldn’t bet against him.

#FALSuperman
08-27-2018, 11:15 PM
I hope Cody makes this successful. As of now, I don't see it as a success. Not when every heat race, and b-main was subpar. The 100 lapper was entertaining. Let's not forget the glass shattering on an entire section Friday, and the rocks flying through the crowds and leaving welts and cuts on people, especially Saturday night when the flagman got knocked out. 2 red flags this weekend for things that were off-track.
Last time I checked, we paid for the entire event, not just the A-main. 80% of the event was rump roast.
Speaking of which, did anyone pay for the VIP Club? I'm interested to hear how their experience was with the perks for the extra $99.

MI Dirt Fan
08-27-2018, 11:23 PM
Who goes to a race track to eat???

zyoung25
08-27-2018, 11:27 PM
I will probably go if they do have another one. Hopefully they can get the rocks under control before next year rolls around. No doubt the race was a success, regardless of what anyone wants to say. The drivers all seemed to be happy, and the fans got to see a good race.

I'll just just get out my mx gear to keep the rocks off of me if not 😁

Mindwalker
08-28-2018, 12:02 AM

Fat Girls!!!

#FALSuperman
08-28-2018, 12:49 AM

All the food i seen being consumed, perhaps all the drunks?? I got bored by the racing Friday night, so I tried some food. That wasn't the best idea.
Lesson learned...I will be skipping next year (if they have the event) and wait to see if improvements are made.

Mod Runner
08-28-2018, 01:11 AM
I am expecting to go next year. I like the big paying races. As far as the rocks , I am sure the promoter will pay some kids or someone else to pick up rocks from the track before the racing starts next year. Whenever I walk across a dirt track and see rocks , I pick them up and remove them from the track.

#FALSuperman
08-28-2018, 04:16 AM
I am expecting to go next year. I like the big paying races. As far as the rocks , I am sure the promoter will pay some kids or someone else to pick up rocks from the track before the racing starts next year. Whenever I walk across a dirt track and see rocks , I pick them up and remove them from the track.

Did you see all the injuries in the stands over the weekend? I've been to my fair share of tracks and I've never seen a big paying race ever underperform on the safety aspect of things as much as Mansfield. I couldn't even give you a close second because it's that bad.
I met quite a few good people at this race and every single one of us were excited for the weekend. Almost every single one of us also agreed we wouldn't be coming back until they address some serious issues.

dirtcrazy4u
08-28-2018, 05:14 AM
What big race started out as a crown jewel as everyone likes to call them today ? None that I know of. If the place was packed as people say, I think he'll try round 2 of the same idea. If the fans don't show come next year, well then a choice will be made. Pennsboro started as a place to have a regional late model race. What did that turnout to be ? Bigger than life. Eldora will always draw, I think because some feel, ok many feel, it's still earl's speed palace.

The ROCKS. He better get that figured out or nobody is going to show up. There's no easy fix there.

golddirt
08-28-2018, 05:32 AM
Were the rocks shipped in from Kentucky lake motor Speedway

3 wide
08-28-2018, 06:09 AM
The rocks is what happens when you don't know what your doing he gets the gundakers to do that 55mph speed plant in St. Louis did they not see the rocks when they put the dirt on the track common sense.

WildBill32
08-28-2018, 11:19 AM
I was there Wednesday night though the whole weekend camping. If anybody did not like the racing they had on Saturday night. Then, You need to find a differnt sport to watch! I had a great time all weekend. And the racing was great also. I sure hope they have it again...

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-28-2018, 11:27 AM
When someone goes about making a dirt track, the dirt should be the most important aspect. Even more important than if there is pavement under it or not.

Mason87
08-28-2018, 12:05 PM
Were rocks a problem the first 2 races there? If so that should have been taken care of by the time the big race was ran

ride height
08-28-2018, 12:10 PM
“MegaBucks”. Would be a better option. Not tied to a specific amount.

Tireguy17
08-28-2018, 12:16 PM
Were rocks a problem the first 2 races there? If so that should have been taken care of by the time the big race was ran

Yes there were rock issues for the July Lucas race, there was a thread about it on here.

GEAR_HEAD
08-28-2018, 12:35 PM

You can't resurface a track in a month, it has to be done in the offseason.

MI Dirt Fan
08-28-2018, 12:38 PM
Usually in the fall so it can sit all winter and early spring is how I see other tracks doing it. I've seen some will add some new clay down in areas once during the season.

Mason87
08-28-2018, 12:41 PM
Nah really, but I'm sure they could have gotten a lot of the rocks up just by walking the track.

MI Dirt Fan
08-28-2018, 12:44 PM
Nah really, but I'm sure they could have gotten a lot of the rocks up just by walking the track.

I agree with that. Especially after Friday nights events. I'm sure some people would've volunteered. I would've if I was there. Or at least burn a couple old mattresses and drag the metal spring part behind a tractor. That's how the neighbors smooth out there drive way. lol

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-28-2018, 12:45 PM

There were rock issues last year. I saw plenty on the surface. I know of a wheel broken by one, during the parade lap, of a race last year.

Mason87
08-28-2018, 12:51 PM
If it goes back that far it should have definitely been dealt with.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2018, 01:01 PM
Rocks in racing surface is poor promoting. There could be a lawsuit if someone were to get hit in the temple and die.

Mindwalker
08-28-2018, 01:06 PM
Rocks in racing surface is poor promoting. There could be a lawsuit if someone were to get hit in the temple and die.

No 5768. clueless post by the jumper. Hahahahahahaha

NY DIRT
08-28-2018, 01:52 PM

I went to the WOO late model event at Ramsonville speedway in NY. I do not know if the WRG leased the speedway for this or if the speedway just ran it on their own.

But I do no on the back of my reserved ticket which was a WRG ticket it basically said that auto racing was a dangerous sport and that neither the promoter or the track owner was to be held responsible for ANYTHING that would happen to any individual on the property of the speedway.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-28-2018, 01:53 PM
I went to the WOO late model event at Ramsonville speedway in NY. I do not know if the WRG leased the speedway for this or if the speedway just ran it on their own.

But I do no on the back of my reserved ticket which was a WRG ticket it basically said that auto racing was a dangerous sport and that neither the promoter or the track owner was to be held responsible for ANYTHING that would happen to any individual on the property of the speedway.

Doesn't mean it will hold up in court.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2018, 02:51 PM

Could be. I never paid attention to fine print on ticket when I purchase them. Good thought

Bubstr
08-28-2018, 03:22 PM
You can not give up any rights by purchasing a ticket. You can't even sign those rights away. Mr Goliath is looking for his ticket stub right now. Well his dependents are.

Clayton_Wetter
08-28-2018, 04:14 PM

Apparently too many of these flapjaws!!!! hahahahahahaaa

MI Dirt Fan
08-28-2018, 04:17 PM

Most have that posted at the front gate, back gate, pit gate etc.

Clayton_Wetter
08-28-2018, 04:19 PM
It maybe could be said that rocks decided most of the outcome of this race???

i-pod
08-28-2018, 05:41 PM
I made the trip down for both nights. I had a good time but I don’t think I would go back until the rock problem is figured out. Kinda reminded of Butler speedway here in Michigan with all the rocks and ruts in the track.

late model chaser
08-28-2018, 07:42 PM
I don't think the rocks were in the dirt when it was placed but was carried in by the water trucks, pick up trucks, graders, etc. with there muddy tires from the access roads around the track. Simple, easy, fix.

non driving fool
08-29-2018, 09:30 AM
I would hope you're just stirring the pot, nobody could be that stupid could they?

brsteg
08-29-2018, 10:31 AM

My personal opinion:

It needs a new name; but this race actually always guaranteed at least $100K to win from day 1.

late model chaser
08-29-2018, 07:14 PM
They could call it "The Quarter Million" and guarantee a $250,000 purse.

GEAR_HEAD
08-29-2018, 07:35 PM
They could call it "The Quarter Million" and guarantee a $250,000 purse.

It's only a name. Who cares about the name? Is the DTWC really an official World Championship? No, rarely does anybody from overseas participate. Is the Hillbilly 100 a race for Hillbilles? Not really. Do they pick cotton during the Cotton Pickin 100? Not at all. The name isn't relevant.

MI Dirt Fan
08-29-2018, 08:10 PM
It's only a name. Who cares about the name? Is the DTWC really an official World Championship? No, rarely does anybody from overseas participate. Is the Hillbilly 100 a race for Hillbilles? Not really. Do they pick cotton during the Cotton Pickin 100? Not at all. The name isn't relevant.
Exactly. You have the "World 100" then "Dirt track world championship" then a week or two later you have the "World Finals". Which one is it now. Sheesh.

late model chaser
08-30-2018, 05:56 AM
I guess they can just call it "The Feature" then. That will really draw in a crowd!!

Illtsate32
08-30-2018, 06:28 AM

Exactly. You have the "World 100" then "Dirt track world championship" then a week or two later you have the "World Finals". Which one is it now. Sheesh.

Good points guys...

non driving fool
08-30-2018, 09:42 AM
The track isn't even 2 years old yet. It's already been stated that the inside wall is being removed and new clay is being brought in from down south. But you're just going to write it off even though they have identified the issues and are trying to fix them? It doesn't make any sense to me why you people want all of the tracks to fail. And if you judge tracks based on the food and how they park the merch trailers then your priorities are all mixed up. Gear head where did you get info on the wall and new clay? Is this fact or just another round of somebodys B S ?

GEAR_HEAD
08-30-2018, 10:12 AM
Gear head where did you get info on the wall and new clay? Is this fact or just another round of somebodys B S ?

We'll find out in the offseason.

non driving fool
08-31-2018, 07:03 PM
Just as I thought--another round of worthless BS by somebody trying to act important!

chupp n bloomer fan
08-31-2018, 07:14 PM
I don't think the rocks were in the dirt when it was placed but was carried in by the water trucks, pick up trucks, graders, etc. with there muddy tires from the access roads around the track. Simple, easy, fix.Yes, yes it was. They used regular dirt that was on the grounds. You can tell by watching, it’s not good clay. And rocks carried in by the vehicles you mentioned would have been 57’s and smaller. Size of a quarter and smaller. The rocks jacking these people up I suspect we’re bigger, especially the ones breaking glass and injuring people.

Not a simple, easy fix. You could try using rock hounds and disc and a machine to pick up rocks like they use on dams, plus people, and you might get somewhere. Or start over with better clay, not dirt.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-31-2018, 07:34 PM
They need to just start over w new surface.

intel8
08-31-2018, 07:42 PM
If they used the clay from camping lot A, that seems like good stuff, after the rain on Sat. morning we had clay stuck to everything! Hope they get things worked out.

Madcat
08-31-2018, 08:38 PM
The dirt is the old prep dirt from what was going to be a drag strip. The previous owner was putting in a drag strip and facilities that were going to host the Biggest drag events in the country. Then the EPA found a “stream” and shut it down. Guy lost everything. Cody and his crew used that prep dirt from the drag strip for the track. It was never sifted nor worked in with clay.

There’s talk in the off season of clay being brought in or the dirt sifted. I heard someone was contracted to sift the dirt but after he didn’t get paid when he fixed the well pumps out there he told whoever stuffed him to pound sand. Not saying it was Cody since he only leases the track, but somehow that happened.

Milliron owns the track, the give less than no Fs about racing in regards to keeping it open. They just saw a way to make money on something already setup. They would/will bulldoze and scrap the place within a week of Cody isn’t able to buy it or chooses not to because of all the crybabies and haters.

Remember Eral owner the original Mansfield dirt track and this is almost a sort of passage to keep open. Like the group trying to revive Pennsboro. We have go support these guys or we’ll just keep losing tracks.

intel8
08-31-2018, 09:38 PM
That place be upward of 20 million, with all the structire and land. $$$$$$$$$