PDA

View Full Version : Marlar article on DOD / Driver Salary

thexfactor0210
08-28-2018, 09:13 AM
Interesting read on DOD about Marlar switching chassis and what races they decide to run. He stated in the article he makes 30 percent of whatever the car makes. Thought that was interesting and wonder if that is around what each of the touring guys who drive for an owner make. I am sure it varies slightly with better funded or underfunded teams.

Trax53
08-28-2018, 02:54 PM
I would like to think that is on par with most all big name drivers are getting nowadays... anywhere from 30-50%

rexel3
08-28-2018, 07:55 PM
So what is the new chassis.?

chupp n bloomer fan
08-28-2018, 08:20 PM
So what is the new chassis.?Longhorn. Delk wanted more than one fresh chassis, and Rocket couldn’t get him another one quick enough.

MI Dirt Fan
08-28-2018, 08:57 PM
Well yeah. Not when Rocket1 is chasing him in points. Be a different story if Rocket1 was second and Marlar was 100+ back in third. Seems like they should be getting an ICON since that is what they're chasing.

Seems odd that Longhorn can get then a new car faster than rocket but can barely field their own.

Josh Bayko
08-28-2018, 09:24 PM
Well yeah. Not when Rocket1 is chasing him in points. Be a different story if Rocket1 was second and Marlar was 100+ back in third. Seems like they should be getting an ICON since that is what they're chasing.

Seems odd that Longhorn can get then a new car faster than rocket but can barely field their own.

Two things:

Everybody has to wait for a new Rocket, doesn’t matter who you are. The wait fluctuates, but it’s usually around three months. When you sell as many cars as they do, plus updates and repairs, it’s really hard to keep up.

The Longhorn isn’t new, and he didn’t get it from Longhorn. He got it from
Weaver. It was one of Bronson’s cars from Florida that Randy bought back, and Randy ran it too.

MI Dirt Fan
08-28-2018, 09:30 PM
See this is why I don't pay for DoD when I can get more accurate in-depth info on here. lol

I'd laugh my @ss off in Marlar won the WoO tour with the cars Bronson had.

ZERO25
08-28-2018, 10:20 PM
See this is why I don't pay for DoD when I can get more accurate in-depth info on here. lol

If so, Mikey better put up security cameras!

Instead of Killer Kyle, it will be Kwikfinger Kyle! :)

TackyTracker
08-29-2018, 01:48 AM
no it's more that Marlar needs top rides and should have them he's earned it..

I still think Sheppard wins title but I know point races are getting down there..

Bronson should waste his or someone else $$$ on something else besides racing because he's mid pack at best so if Marlar is running those cars and wins it then Bronson should just pack it in

chupp n bloomer fan
08-29-2018, 03:58 AM

I'd laugh my @ss off in Marlar won the WoO tour with the cars Bronson had.I should have specified, it was in the article. They traded an older XR1 to Randy for the Longhorn, that wasn’t used a lot. I wouldn’t doubt it. I thought Kyle was coming around, but I was sadly mistaken.

Josh Bayko
08-29-2018, 07:01 AM

He's still planning on running a Rocket with the WoO.