PDA

View Full Version : Eldora Tips

Kromulous
08-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Anything you guys would have to say about Eldora for a 1st timer? or care to share / tips etc?

Bob Hubbard
08-30-2018, 01:59 PM
Bring some really good eye protection ...... A lawn chair is nice to have also if you dont have reserved seats ....

billetbirdcage
08-30-2018, 03:00 PM
Anything you guys would have to say about Eldora for a 1st timer? or care to share / tips etc?

Racing or spectating?

Kromulous
08-30-2018, 03:37 PM
Racing, my Brother wants to run it, kind of bucket list kinda thing.

I have been watching these cars since i was 16, 48 now, and never been to the World 100 LOL.

So kind of both really.

billetbirdcage
08-30-2018, 03:42 PM

I have been watching these cars since i was 16, 48 now, and never been to the World 100 LOL.

So kind of both really.

Pay attention to on gas and off gas for entry adjustments, since a lot of times your on the gas more on entry then your used to, it's ass backwards on entry adjustments sometimes.

Good luck

PS: when in doubt gas it, lol.

7uptruckracer
08-31-2018, 07:02 AM
Keep the RF Rail out of the race track!

So kind of both really.

Kromulous
09-03-2018, 03:40 PM
Yeah been working to get the travel against the bump so the chassis has no chance of bottoming out.

Any suggestions on gearing? I was thinking starting with a 5:49, but thats just a guess, educated albeit but... 450 9 Degree.

hucktyson
09-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Gear depends on how fast the track is , if it’s a 15.30 track then a 5.49 is too much 16.30 it should be perfect. Compressing your bump stop to where the rate shoots to the moon has the same practical effect as bottoming the chassis

hucktyson
09-03-2018, 04:12 PM
Unless you race on big fast half miles every week with a treacherous cushion a few ft from the wall and your used to running wide open through holes that force the car to leave the track 3 ft from the wall and never flinching a 15.30 is unlikely. Eldora changes VERY quickly

Krooser
09-03-2018, 08:19 PM
Good luck Kromulous...

Kromulous
09-03-2018, 10:51 PM
Ok on the 5:49 and lower, gives me a range to start with so that's good. It his 1st ride around Eldora, so i doubt there will be Cowboy antics.

The bump stop is like a last resort, were on a stack, and even tinkering with a spring rubber in the stack, lower spring. Its fun with the spring smasher, seeing what you can come up with.

hipower17
09-04-2018, 05:37 AM
this will be interesting what number is your car?

Bob Hubbard
09-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Yea ... me too .... I been following this too

Kromulous
09-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Jason Whitaker w13, Swartz car. My brother drives, and i do the wrenching. Stop by and say Hi if your in the Pits there. I am the Large Bald American (LBA for short) thats always working on something LOL.

billetbirdcage
09-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Good luck Krom, hopefully the dirt gods won't hate you that day.

You related to bizkit? LBAS is what he says but nobody agree's (large bald and sexy)

Kromulous
09-04-2018, 03:11 PM
LOL not related, but he has to be a cool cat, If he is a LBA(S) LOL.

I should make some LBA shirts !! LOL.

Kromulous
09-08-2018, 08:04 AM
We ran, he did ok, i never could get the car lose enough with all the rain Thursday night the track was super fast. Had a push on entry if he even thought about lifting. It would rotate if he carried a ton of speed, sometimes.

Ended up breaking a water pump in qualifying, hit a big hole and it broke. I think it shoved the fan thru the shroud at impact, and broke. Now i am a little worried about the engine, how long it ran without a pump etc, he finished the lap after it broke in 1 & 2.

We're going back thou, he liked the track said it was blast to hammer down thru the turns. Now i gotta figure out how to get it loosened up enough up there so it will turn on the gas !

TheJet-09
09-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Thanks for posting how it went. Good luck when you make it back...

7uptruckracer
09-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Would be a good time to get travels and do smasher work, Sounds like he was entering on the gas on turn in so thats going to be where you have to vary your adjustments those are way different then off gas entry,

We ran, he did ok, i never could get the car lose enough with all the rain Thursday night the track was super fast. Had a push on entry if he even thought about lifting. It would rotate if he carried a ton of speed, sometimes.

Ended up breaking a water pump in qualifying, hit a big hole and it broke. I think it shoved the fan thru the shroud at impact, and broke. Now i am a little worried about the engine, how long it ran without a pump etc, he finished the lap after it broke in 1 & 2.

We're going back thou, he liked the track said it was blast to hammer down thru the turns. Now i gotta figure out how to get it loosened up enough up there so it will turn on the gas !

billetbirdcage
09-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Hopefully you had fun and didn't hurt the engine. We sometimes forget racing is supposed to be fun with all the drama and expense of this sport.

Kromulous
09-10-2018, 08:56 PM
Oh yeah, a lot of fun to be had at Eldora. The track is interesting all the speed is turning LOL. I think he could of run a 16.3 to 16.4 or so without the big hole hit. Otherwise i gotta get the car looser, back to the scales etc.

I tell ya what, its hard to feature how fast them guys are. He could probably turn a 16 flat to 16.2 on that track if i had the car free enough but that would be .8 to 1 second slower than TQ, hard to figure out how they go that fast LOL.

Oh well, we do what we can and keep it fun.

Matt49
09-11-2018, 05:38 AM
Oh yeah, a lot of fun to be had at Eldora. The track is interesting all the speed is turning LOL. I think he could of run a 16.3 to 16.4 or so without the big hole hit. Otherwise i gotta get the car looser, back to the scales etc.

I tell ya what, its hard to feature how fast them guys are. He could probably turn a 16 flat to 16.2 on that track if i had the car free enough but that would be .8 to 1 second slower than TQ, hard to figure out how they go that fast LOL.

Oh well, we do what we can and keep it fun.

Lay the spoiler down...no kidding

Kromulous
09-11-2018, 08:24 AM
Hmm, never thought about that, will give it whirl on Friday night at least.

Kromulous
10-14-2018, 10:13 AM
Well with a lot of help from a 4m member we hit 16.286 in the 1st show Saturday at Eldora. Once i got the whole package on the car in the second show in hot laps we went a 15.843 and i was really happy with that. We made some big improvements. The car really responded well.

One thing about Eldora, you really need to have stuff prepared. A lot of different tires ready and sized. You just dont have a lot of time to make the changes you need to when you have to run the Bs. So next year, more prep.

I had the spoiler laid back when the track was fast, big help with speed.

Big thanks to all for the Tips ! Eldora is a lot of Fun, but a lot of work too !! LOL