PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

george w
08-31-2018, 11:15 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like there's been more flat tires this year then years past, not necessarily whoever's leading just guys running in the top ten thruout a race? I know the surface has alot to do with it an I get that but, just seems like it's way more common anymore, even in features with 50 laps or less. Just thinking to myself an wanted your alls opinions?

over4T
09-01-2018, 09:04 AM
We've noticed that too on the Super Stock circuits we run on the left coast. Tracks we've run for years with track prep and surfaces that seem the same as before and lots more tires for us and our competition giving it up before they should. Not old, not under inflated, no contact, even lost new ones a couple of times during hot laps. Wish we weren't mandated to be on Hoosiers at 90% of the joints and could see if American Racers have the same problem.

JimBo
09-10-2018, 10:18 PM
Hoosier tires are very unreliable.

Clayton_Wetter
09-11-2018, 02:24 PM
And with no consequences it appears.

formercrewguy
09-11-2018, 05:20 PM
They use Chinese artificial rubber.

Chris Thomason
09-11-2018, 05:25 PM
Maybe they could get some tips from Trojan?

Highside Hustler25
09-11-2018, 06:11 PM
It would amaze you at what some of the right rears look like after a 100 lap race. A lot of chunks are literally gone. I can see how they don't hold up. Has a lot to do with how they cut on them prior to the race.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-11-2018, 06:45 PM
U the new kid on block?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Yeah, a big bad as s who can whoop your as s! Hahahahaha

Just a heads up

Theres a big 4m bully on here that u prolly might want to stay clear of. You will know what im talking about.
Just a freindly reminder to the new members.
Welcome aboard mate!

Clayton_Wetter
09-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Just a heads up

Theres a big 4m bully on here that u prolly might want to stay clear of. You will know what im talking about.
Just a freindly reminder to the new members.
Welcome aboard mate!

A bully??? Now that's not cool!!!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-11-2018, 08:03 PM
A bully??? Now that's not cool!!!!

Theres different kinds.

Theres a stir the pot bully
Ruffle ur feathers bully
Poc bully
Good bully

Clayton_Wetter
09-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Maybe I'll become a good bully!!!! hahahahaha

Barbecueboy
09-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Hoosier tires are very unreliable.

Sorta Like there benchmarks?

Bubstr
09-12-2018, 10:17 PM
Does anyone think those Kevlar side walls would help that they outlawed?

Krooser
09-13-2018, 10:30 AM

They need more than just the tips....

Tek2747
09-13-2018, 10:50 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like there's been more flat tires this year then years past, not necessarily whoever's leading just guys running in the top ten thruout a race? I know the surface has alot to do with it an I get that but, just seems like it's way more common anymore, even in features with 50 laps or less. Just thinking to myself an wanted your alls opinions? One thing I've wondered about is that fact that the cars now run more horsepower than they did in years past. To my eye it looks like that has brought a lot more wheel spin and tire wear. So with that said has Hoosier kept up the durability to match the increase in power? I have no idea. The results sure don't seem to suggest so and they don't seem very inclined to address it at the moment.

george w
09-13-2018, 11:42 AM
One thing I've wondered about is that fact that the cars now run more horsepower than they did in years past. To my eye it looks like that has brought a lot more wheel spin and tire wear. So with that said has Hoosier kept up the durability to match the increase in power? I have no idea. The results sure don't seem to suggest so and they don't seem very inclined to address it at the moment.

Appreciate the response, kinda tend to agree with you an haven't put much thought into the added horsepower/cars more hooked up then they ever been.

rdcllk
09-13-2018, 12:15 PM
Just a thought. Maybe there just building up a lot more heat in tires. Making them easier to puncture.

Clayton_Wetter
09-13-2018, 02:09 PM

I hope not. I only found the base ring one time. Had a sick feeling afterwards! hahhahaahaa