PDA

View Full Version : Wow lucas you really showed your favortism

bleedsbluer2
08-31-2018, 11:36 PM
You race 15 laps in a drizzle and under a caution davenport has a tire go down and you right then and there throw the checkers to make it official so he would keep 4th place and all them points wow and the track was fine they tell vrates to stage and raced as soon as carriers interview was finished just wow

nuff said
08-31-2018, 11:49 PM
Have you forgotten the ''Rumley Rule'' and what went on during that saga ? I don't think Davenport would be considered a Lucas favorite. But then again I'm not butt hurt over what Bloomquist did to himself tonight.

Centeroff
08-31-2018, 11:55 PM
You keep kicking a dog and one day you will get bit. They need to stick to their guns because I’m already hearing they may not score tonight a points race and imo that would be BS. He knew the rules and still tested the waters. So much for his 2018 New Years resolution lol.

MI Dirt Fan
08-31-2018, 11:55 PM
You race 15 laps in a drizzle and under a caution davenport has a tire go down and you right then and there throw the checkers to make it official so he would keep 4th place and all them points wow and the track was fine they tell vrates to stage and raced as soon as carriers interview was finished just wow
Not the first time this season they gifted him under the same scenario. Then they let him change cars like 3 times.

bleedsbluer2
09-01-2018, 12:02 AM
This isnt about bloomquist being late and not making the show thats his fault there was no reason to cheat the fans out of 20 more laps to protect davenports point lead it even screwed richards he was more likely a 1st 2nd place car tonight lucas shouldnt even race at this dump anyway its a boring facility and outdated

MI Dirt Fan
09-01-2018, 12:04 AM
Last year Ponderosa pulled the plug on it due to financial reasons I believe. Not sure why Lucas would even reschedule them.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Bloomy wasnt even in race tonight so its not like he woyld have gained a bunch more points had they finished race and jd and carrier jr had to change flat. Its bs to call race like that and then have next race come out and run. I guess they called the race so carrier jr could win.

bleedsbluer2
09-01-2018, 12:40 AM
You make no sence they just gave davenport 105 points to add to his point lead if they raced it out instead of throwing checkered flag at lap 30 davenport would had to get another tire go to rear which would had been 18th at the time with 20 laps to go

racingfool32
09-01-2018, 12:52 AM
Good call Lucas Oil..................

Zonks32x
09-01-2018, 01:16 AM
Wait a minute...you mean to tell me a high profile driver on a National tour caught a break from the series they race in tonight????

Unheard of and unprecedented. This is a groundbreaking development.

Scott Bloomquist, Moyer, Richards, EPJ, Shane Clanton, Eckert, B-Shepp, Madden, T-Mac, etc., have NEVER been given a break before.

Mams
09-01-2018, 07:12 AM
Lucas called the race because the drivers gave thumbs down to continuing.

nuff said
09-01-2018, 07:20 AM
I'm sure Lucas called the race when the did to make sure a non series driver could win the race,they like that. smh Definitely questionable though if the next race was ran.

ImCryn2
09-01-2018, 07:35 AM
This isnt about bloomquist being late and not making the show thats his fault there was no reason to cheat the fans out of 20 more laps to protect davenports point lead it even screwed richards he was more likely a 1st 2nd place car tonight lucas shouldnt even race at this dump anyway its a boring facility and outdated

Nice cover!! It IS about Bloomquist! Had he been in the race this thread wouldn't even exist!!!! wow

SFrancisFan15
09-01-2018, 07:41 AM

Bingo. Just how things played out.

babybird1972
09-01-2018, 07:49 AM

It would be interesting to know which ones gave the thumbs down. It left a lot of fans scratching their hands and thinking WTF. Especially when the crates pulled out onto the track while doing after the race interviews.

ImCryn2
09-01-2018, 08:16 AM
Not the first time this season they gifted him under the same scenario. Then they let him change cars like 3 times.

Still sore about that? Has anyone ever asked Lucas officials for an explanation on that incident?
Do you honestly think ALL the drivers that gave the thumbs down last night were on board to give JD a gift too?

Thedoctor
09-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Don’t there haulers only hold 2 cars or can they get a third in there. Did he borrow a car from someone else that night or how’d he go through 3? Just wondering

kidrock
09-01-2018, 09:34 AM
Centeroff I agree with everything you said in post number #3

huskerdirt
09-01-2018, 09:41 AM
Wasn’t there a race not to long ago where JD pitted for a flat and then the race was called?

It seems some on here have amnesia.

MI Dirt Fan
09-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Still sore about that? Has anyone ever asked Lucas officials for an explanation on that incident?
Do you honestly think ALL the drivers that gave the thumbs down last night were on board to give JD a gift too?

No not really. Just pointing out another instance

MI Dirt Fan
09-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Huskerdirt I'm thinking it was the Ralph Latham show at Florence Hudson O'Neal won the rain shortened race

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-01-2018, 12:46 PM
They only had 2 cars. They thought the motor went bad so they went to back up. Then i think back up messed up and the looked at 1st car and relised it wasnt motor it was something else. Plus I think it had to do w something like it broke in hot laps. Someone correct me besides "BLINDSTALKER" if im wrong

Kwd1253
09-01-2018, 12:49 PM
It would be interesting to know which ones gave the thumbs down. It left a lot of fans scratching their hands and thinking WTF. Especially when the crates pulled out onto the track while doing after the race interviews.

Difference between unsanctioned vs sanctioned. If that 10k lucas race was unsanctioned like the crates. Bet your ass they went full length, don't matter if only 4-5 cars crossed the checkered.

Kwd1253
09-01-2018, 12:50 PM
They only had 2 cars. They thought the motor went bad so they went to back up. Then i think back up messed up and the looked at 1st car and relised it wasnt motor it was something else. Plus I think it had to do w something like it broke in hot laps. Someone correct me besides "BLINDSTALKER" if im wrong
Correct that what happened

kazual
09-01-2018, 01:11 PM
Short memories indeed.

MI Dirt Fan
09-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Actually they said it was a transmission issue. But hey what do I know...

Mindwalker
09-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Correct that what happened

That I've invaded his thoughts? Thats obvious. 😁

Mindwalker
09-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Short memories indeed.

Its just they get confused between reality and fantasy. Lol

chupp n bloomer fan
09-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Nice cover!! It IS about Bloomquist! Had he been in the race this thread wouldn't even exist!!!! wowDid you read his first post? Bloomer screwed himself, that’s all. If the drivers gave a thumbs down, then that’s that. Now, if they continued racing, dunno if anyone can confirm they did, sounds as though they did, that’s BS. But I’d still let the drivers decide in the end. And a non Lucas guy won, so wasn’t really favoritism. Did it help JD, a lot, but I don’t think he played into the decision really at all. Though I could be wrong.

ImCryn2
09-01-2018, 02:42 PM
If you're going to try and tell me that these same exact folks complaining today would have been complaining if Scott had been in the race and won under the same circumstances? Not a chance that they would have been. There would have been complaining, just not from the same folks. That was my point. Whether you want to admit it or not you know it's true.

TS FAN
09-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Bloom missed the race. Drivers voted to not continue. Eddie Won. Congrats to Eddie

kidrock
09-01-2018, 02:57 PM
Bloom missed the race. Drivers voted to not continue. Eddie Won. Congrats to Eddie

Short and truthful.......................................... .....

bleedsbluer2
09-02-2018, 09:28 AM
Info from infield about thumbs up thumbs down davenports crew guy got official saying track was to greesy slick top 5 drivers carrier thumbs down pearson,richards thumbs up davenport thumbs down,hawkins thumbs up think hawkins had fastest car at the time of course the leader would give thumbs down

racingfool32
09-02-2018, 10:42 AM
Info from infield about thumbs up thumbs down davenports crew guy got official saying track was to greesy slick top 5 drivers carrier thumbs down pearson,richards thumbs up davenport thumbs down,hawkins thumbs up think hawkins had fastest car at the time of course the leader would give thumbs down

Good call Lucas Oil.....

Dlmfan123
09-02-2018, 10:48 AM
The doctor they started in the primary car then switched to the back up then they went back to the primary car

Mindwalker
09-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Lucas is showing favoritism to jd even tho Bloomer will wind up with that spoiler! They screwed him on Friday and before that let jd use whatever they had on the hauler to keep that spoiler on jd's car! How else is it that an averge joe like jd is in the point lead? Lol, its pretty obvious. 😏

Stefan2k4
09-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Favoritism? I don't know. But a bad call? Definitely! Let's not forget last week at Mansfield we had rocks showering the grandstands. A suite window was busted and the race even had to be stopped when the Flagman was knocked unconscios! But the race must go on and continue it did. Where was this great concern for safety then? Does the safety of the fans not matter? Yet this week a slight mist falls and the show must be halted? Then to add insult to injury they bring out the crate late models and run their feature? If the track was too slick to race on, how do you justify that? I know it was probably the local track promoter who made the call to run the crates, but this shows there was little or no communication between the lucas officials and the local officials. How do you decide to end one feature because of weather and safety concerns, then proceed to complete another.

Bloomquist has nothing to do with this. He wasn't even in the show and would have lost a ton of points regardless. However, this is still a terrible call and very unprofessional on the part of Lucas. The fans are the ones who should be upset here. They got cheated out of a race without a valid excuse.

As for the drivers making a choice, how does that matter? What if the drivers at the World 100 next week, decided "He 100 laps at this place is too tough on our cars, tires, and engines. We only want to run 20 laps instead, because it'll cost us less wear and tear and save us a few bucks." And they decided this right before the feature. Would that be justification to shorten the show? What about all those fans who paid to be the World 100, not the World 20? Would they not be getting short changed? Sure the driver and teams are important and their opinion is worth something, but so are the fans. Maybe part of the reason dirt racing is declining is because way too many people have forgotten that!

TerryM
09-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Wow. Take a valium or three.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-02-2018, 01:51 PM
If you're going to try and tell me that these same exact folks complaining today would have been complaining if Scott had been in the race and won under the same circumstances? Not a chance that they would have been. There would have been complaining, just not from the same folks. That was my point. Whether you want to admit it or not you know it's true.Of course you’re right on some. Just as it would be the same for JD, or anyone else. Some cannot separate their favoritism.

But if they really turned around and brought the crates out and they raced, then it was a BS call. But I was not there, Ponderosa doesn’t interest me, so I cannot say for sure. But to run a feature after it was “unsafe”, well, I’ll leave it at that.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-02-2018, 02:01 PM
☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️post of the day!

kazual
09-02-2018, 04:10 PM
If drivers were given a say in whether to continue or not then I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s the outcome of building cars that are way too delicate to race except under dry slick, tip toe conditions. And too expensive to take a chance. Take the start money or wherever you were running at the time and move on. And if ole Scott came up on the short end of the decision I firmly believe there isn’t a driver in the series that would have one iota of sympathy for him.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-02-2018, 04:20 PM
Sadly you are correct about the cars, and it’s getting to where they cannot run in anything but pretty slick conditions.

And of course there’s no sympathy for someone who shoots themselves in the foot. It probably disgust them even more knowing how good he is, the equipment he has, and how he just continues to implode.