PDA

View Full Version : Overton / Davenport

Jackdawg
09-03-2018, 05:31 PM
Last year Davenport split with Barry Wright early in the year. Teamed up with G.R. and went and raced regionally. They had some good success and went racing nationally. They won the Hillbilly and went on to win the World. Overton’s story is just like it. He split with Weaver and teamed up with Billy Franklin. They went and ran regionally. Had some great success. They now have won the Hillbilly. It would be INSANE if Overton won the World. Could it be the same story?

Dlmfan123
09-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Wouldn’t be surprised that dude can wheel that’s forsure. He’s been close at the big e before

zooker25
09-03-2018, 06:10 PM
I remember this year at the Dream, Overton had some bad luck in the qualifiers and sat out Saturdays Dream and ended up losing his ride with Weaver. He would spend the night with his friends in the stands having a couple of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)tails. Now he comes into the World as one of the favorites!

Pennsboro23
09-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Overton is a wheel man. Every car he’s in, he’s good. Weaver should be kicking himself.

Kwd1253
09-03-2018, 08:45 PM
Think split saved friendship, don't think they have hard feelings towards each other. Everyone thought them to was going sweep the world. Lot pressure can make team fall part with bad luck. Good see Brandon running good with a new team deal.

wreck
09-03-2018, 10:37 PM
From what I've seen I think Overton is going to be one of the best from this new crop of drivers at extra-distance races. He seems to be good at knowing what to do to be in contention at the end.

nlhenry55
09-04-2018, 04:47 PM
I have watched Brandon race for several years at local tracks and i always said he would make it in supers if someone gave him a chance. There was something about him, he had the ability to win races in any division and you could tell he wasnt just another weekend warrior having fun on Saturday night. The future is bright for him and i wish only the best for him

NDRA1
09-04-2018, 08:01 PM
And don't forget, Overton was running 2nd in the World last year with 10 laps left.