PDA

View Full Version : Darrell Lanigan believes team is headed in the right direction

Returning to Dirt
09-03-2018, 08:11 PM
https://insidedirtracing.com/darrell-lanigan-believes-team-is-headed-in-the-right-direction/

Lanigan believes his team has turned a corner but it still has more to go.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-03-2018, 08:26 PM
Yea...... out the door!

Hoosier_Dirt
09-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Must be building a new "piece" 😄

Josh Bayko
09-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Lanigan went from the penthouse to the outhouse when he went with CBR. The only corner he should turn is the one that heads back to his own shop and stuff.

Zonks32x
09-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Backwards??

slmcrewchief99
09-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Lanigan went from the penthouse to the outhouse when he went with CBR. The only corner he should turn is the one that heads back to his own shop and stuff.

Just out of curiosity Josh. What do you think he will do different at his shop vs CBR? If CBR gives him every available resource then what difference does the shop make?

plunks7
09-03-2018, 09:33 PM
They must have given him his walking papers!!!!

Pennsboro23
09-03-2018, 09:44 PM
Just out of curiosity Josh. What do you think he will do different at his shop vs CBR? If CBR gives him every available resource then what difference does the shop make?

The CBR car that Lanigan drives has never been real good. Shouldn’t that say something? They have all the funding/resources and the car has never been what it should be. Lanigans resume on his own speaks for itself.

slmcrewchief99
09-03-2018, 09:57 PM
Penn that still don't answer the question. That is Lanigan's chassis. He isn't driving a Rocket or a Longhorn. He is in his own chassis brand. Again, what difference does it make where his shop is and where the car gets serviced at? Don't blame it on the Chassis brand. EPJ has been doing well this year.

Josh Bayko
09-03-2018, 09:58 PM

He was one of the very best in the country when he called his own shots. He goes to a team where that isn’t the case and it all went downhill quickly.

slmcrewchief99
09-03-2018, 10:19 PM
I don't believe that either Josh, sorry. Tell me how you think Clint is holding him and Oneal back? Why would he not let either of his teams do whatever it takes to win. CBR is no different than any other team in the country. He has 2 of the best drivers and crews in the country. Why would he put a pair of million dollar teams together to hold a driver or crew guys back to make it fail?

MI Dirt Fan
09-03-2018, 10:55 PM
Hmm. It's not hard to tell the difference between Lanigan's success before CBR and with CBR.

Seems like awhile back someone here posted about there being some "heat" lately between Lanigan and the crew members about setting up and working on the cars and that they don't really have a whole lot of experience working on them.

Not sure what's true and what's not just what someone else said. Also not sure if it's the same way with O'Neal or not.

NormP
09-04-2018, 04:59 AM
I don't believe that either Josh, sorry. Tell me how you think Clint is holding him and Oneal back? Why would he not let either of his teams do whatever it takes to win. CBR is no different than any other team in the country. He has 2 of the best drivers and crews in the country. Why would he put a pair of million dollar teams together to hold a driver or crew guys back to make it fail?

Other than O'Neal winning the Lucas points a few years ago, what driver has had the same success at CBR that he has had before or after he left CBR? The only common denominator in drivers who drive for this team and don't win like they used to is CBR.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-04-2018, 05:43 AM
Penn that still don't answer the question. That is Lanigan's chassis. He isn't driving a Rocket or a Longhorn. He is in his own chassis brand. Again, what difference does it make where his shop is and where the car gets serviced at? Don't blame it on the Chassis brand. EPJ has been doing well this year.

No one is blaming the car type. But, going to CBR seems to not work out. There is something wrong with that team.

Hoosier_Dirt
09-04-2018, 05:56 AM
I was told it's the crew. They have their way they are setting it up no matter what. Again, just what I was told.
When Lanigan drove for himself, he did have a good crew, and he was calling the shots. Nobody, and I mean nobody Jas done much with a CBR team, other than Oneal 1 season.

hucktyson
09-04-2018, 06:00 AM
With Darrel building his own cars it’s very hard to believe that he doesn’t get to make set up decisions ....

Jackdawg
09-04-2018, 06:14 AM
Your not going to have success when you show up and drive. When your not at the shop everyday making sure stuff is getting done. Making sure all he little things are getting done. When Lanigan ran his own team I’m sure he was there everyday checking on everything and putting in a lot of work. Now he drives for someone else and he just shows up and drives. He doesn’t spend his own money and things are evidentially different when it’s not your money. It’s the “lazy” way of racing. Have fun battling for 12th place every night.

zyoung25
09-04-2018, 06:15 AM
He makes his own calls. I'm not sure where some of you guys get this inside info at. Brian and Richie have been with Darrell ever since he went to that team, and Richie worked for Darrell before he got in that car. I'm sure they have their differences just like anyone else would, but Darrell has the final say. I've seen it first hand.

I think his biggest problem is, he is his own worst enemy. Racing at the level he's racing at, once you get in a hole, it's impossible to get back out and on top again. He never really hangs on to the same car for a very long period of time, and anybody with half a brain knows it takes a awhile to shake the bugs out of a new car. But when someone is willing to hand you money for the car, it's hard to turn down.

hucktyson
09-04-2018, 06:21 AM
People on here just make $hit up and repeat it enough until it becomes “ the truth “ . Being as smart as Darrel actually makes it harder because you are thinking of 10,000,000 things and the 10,000 possible ways of fixing any of those things instead of saying tight or loose and letting someone else handle it

Josh Bayko
09-04-2018, 07:17 AM

I don’t think Clint is actively trying to torpedo drivers, that wound be insane. He gives them some of the very best equipment there is, and both crews have the bodies and know how to win, but they don’t with any consistency. I just think there’s something missing on that team, and Clint isn’t sure how to fix it.

slmcrewchief99
09-04-2018, 08:37 AM
Think about what you are saying Jackdawg. B-Shep drives for Rocket. Richards drives for Best. EPJ drives for Stuckey. JD drives for Landers. What you are saying is nowhere near correct.

Josh I am right in line with what Zac and Huck both are saying. Darrell is his own problem right now. He is struggling for answers and putting a new car together ever other weekend isn't the answer. Trying to over analyze everything way too much. It's easy to get off in left field and you know that Josh because you have been under 1 of these cars many times. Trying to get back to the plate is really hard.

There are a lot of people on here that act like its a death sentence to drive for CBR. I just don't get it. I know a quite a few drivers that would love to drive for CBR.

Pennsboro23
09-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Think about what you are saying Jackdawg. B-Shep drives for Rocket. Richards drives for Best. EPJ drives for Stuckey. JD drives for Landers. What you are saying is nowhere near correct.

Josh I am right in line with what Zac and Huck both are saying. Darrell is his own problem right now. He is struggling for answers and putting a new car together ever other weekend isn't the answer. Trying to over analyze everything way too much. It's easy to get off in left field and you know that Josh because you have been under 1 of these cars many times. Trying to get back to the plate is really hard.

There are a lot of people on here that act like its a death sentence to drive for CBR. I just don't get it. I know a quite a few drivers that would love to drive for CBR.

There's really no argument here, the results speak for themself. It's not just been Lanigan in that ride. Francis underperformed, JD underperformed, Lanigan is underperforming. You're correct in saying a lot of drivers would like to drive for CBR, because a driver could just show up and race and not field his own equipment, that's the only attractive quality they have going for them. CBR looks good on paper, but their results have never been flashy.

MI Dirt Fan
09-04-2018, 09:17 AM
There's really no argument here, the results speak for themself. It's not just been Lanigan in that ride. Francis underperformed, JD underperformed, Lanigan is underperforming. You're correct in saying a lot of drivers would like to drive for CBR, because a driver could just show up and race and not field his own equipment, that's the only attractive quality they have going for them. CBR looks good on paper, but their results have never been flashy.

100% agree.

TS FAN
09-04-2018, 10:41 AM
CBR racing seems to need an overhaul. I am wondering if changes will be made this off season. I don't mean the drivers. Something is seriously wrong and apparently has been. As was said, looks good on paper. But?????

dirty-white-boy
09-04-2018, 12:27 PM
https://insidedirtracing.com/darrell-lanigan-believes-team-is-headed-in-the-right-direction/

Lanigan believes his team has turned a corner but it still has more to go.

Who is this Danielle Lanigan people keep talking about?

NormP
09-04-2018, 05:39 PM

But do you know quite a few drivers who won consistently before they got to CBR, who have then seen their winning become way more inconsistent (or almost completely non-existent) once they got to the team? Because that list gets one or two names added to it every time CBR switches drivers.

People can talk about what a great, well-funded team it is and blame the drivers, but facts carry much more weight than opinion.

Hoosier_Dirt
09-04-2018, 07:22 PM
Maybe Clint should stop giving them paychecks and make em earn part of what the car does. Maybe they aren't as hungry for a win as they once was? I know Oneal used to bend up some sheet metal to get a win, heck he's one of the cleanest racers out there now.

kazual
09-04-2018, 07:35 PM
Bingo Hoosier Dirt

chupp n bloomer fan
09-04-2018, 08:20 PM
Maybe Clint should stop giving them paychecks and make em earn part of what the car does. Maybe they aren't as hungry for a win as they once was? I know Oneal used to bend up some sheet metal to get a win, heck he's one of the cleanest racers out there now.Definitely true.

Swampy121
09-04-2018, 08:47 PM
Maybe Clint should stop giving them paychecks and make em earn part of what the car does. Maybe they aren't as hungry for a win as they once was? I know Oneal used to bend up some sheet metal to get a win, heck he's one of the cleanest racers out there now.

One of the cleanest drivers out there? That's a bit of a stretch lol. He has calmed down a little tho

Kromulous
09-05-2018, 08:11 AM
Scrap the Club 29's and get a XR1 in the house would be the a better direction, hell even a Longhorn.

Josh Bayko
09-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Scrap the Club 29's and get a XR1 in the house would be the a better direction, hell even a Longhorn.

I don't think it's the cars that are the problem. There are other Club cars and Black Diamonds that are running well (EPJ, Hudson O'Neal before the surgery).

dirtcrazy4u
09-05-2018, 08:57 AM
Anyone ever think the others guys are just better ?

MI Dirt Fan
09-05-2018, 10:49 AM
Is Rocket really running well on the national scene? Richards isn't and Bshepp is kinda hit and miss this year. They really haven't hit a streak yet and dates are running out to. Asking for a friend...

Dlmfan123
09-05-2018, 10:57 AM
Top 6 at the hillbilly were all rockets.

TackyTracker
09-05-2018, 10:58 AM
never really been a lanigan fan but he has some big wins in his career.. EPJ was really struggling before coming over to Stuckey and I think Lanigan needs something similar and maybe he can turn it around

MI Dirt Fan
09-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Top 6 at the hillbilly were all rockets.

I know that but from an overall perspective not just singling out of events.

Dlmfan123
09-05-2018, 11:11 AM
I don’t think there has been anybody that has been “outstanding” this year to say that 1 chassis was more dominant than another

MI Dirt Fan
09-05-2018, 11:14 AM
Has Marlar been the best Rocket?

Josh Bayko
09-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Is Rocket really running well on the national scene? Richards isn't and Bshepp is kinda hit and miss this year. They really haven't hit a streak yet and dates are running out to. Asking for a friend...

Sheppard has won more national touring events than anybody by a bunch of races. I’d say they’re doing just fine.

Pennsboro23
09-05-2018, 12:12 PM
There’s nothing wrong with rocket. Bshepp and Marlar are having good years. Josh is having a down year but is still second in points. Moran is running good. Nobody in any chassis is having an outstanding year where they’re just dominating.

MI Dirt Fan
09-05-2018, 12:22 PM
It's not by that much with Davenport's wins.

Josh Bayko
09-05-2018, 12:25 PM
It's not by that much with Davenport's wins.

Davenport has 10 Lucas wins.

Sheppard has 11 WoO and 4 Lucas.

I'd say 5 races could be classified as a bunch.

MI Dirt Fan
09-05-2018, 12:39 PM
I still can't believe the only two wins for Richards are the first two events of the season.

Josh Bayko
09-05-2018, 01:31 PM
I still can't believe the only two wins for Richards are the first two events of the season.

Being house car #2 isn't as good as being house car #1.

MI Dirt Fan
09-05-2018, 01:32 PM
Correctomundo

Josh Bayko
09-05-2018, 01:40 PM
Im able to accept the fact that hc1 has the better wheelman...

I wouldn't go that far. I'd call them about even. Richards and Sheppard have very similar results in Rocket1.