PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Weiss

joshroth14
09-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Looks like a short weekend for him. Thought he was going to have a real shot at it.

TMaCiLLiNi39
09-06-2018, 05:58 PM
Looks like a short weekend for him. Thought he was going to have a real shot at it.

He must have got caught with something super bad or something super sketchy safety wise for them not to fix it and instead just say screw it and withdraw.... wow

Scott Boesel
09-06-2018, 06:00 PM
To bad he can't drive Scott's backup car

MI Dirt Fan
09-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Look in Thursdays notebook on DoD

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-06-2018, 06:09 PM
Look in Thursdays notebook on DoD

I can't find what u are talking about??

chupp n bloomer fan
09-06-2018, 06:13 PM
I can't find what u are talking about??Me neither. What did he supposedly do?

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-06-2018, 06:14 PM
Me neither. What did he supposedly do?

Hearing he failed tech and chose to leave.

davis2902
09-06-2018, 06:14 PM
Was in a reply to Kyle Bronson on Twitter that car had roll cage issues

chupp n bloomer fan
09-06-2018, 06:20 PM
Hearing he failed tech and chose to leave.So if I’ve been running a car all year, how do I now supposedly have an unsafe or whatever car?

zyoung25
09-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Rollcage tubing diameter is the word here.

Chris Thomason
09-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Isn't there some particular rules about driver side intrusion plates at Eldora? Maybe that...

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-06-2018, 06:31 PM
CnB, Lack of tech at prior events.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Isn't there some particular rules about driver side intrusion plates at Eldora? Maybe that...

That's an easy fix. Funny Weiss would have a different cage than other SB cars.

TheJet-09
09-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Maybe a return of the aircraft tubing? That'd be funny...

Josh Bayko
09-06-2018, 06:45 PM
Eldora's big races are pretty much the only races that tech basically everything, and everybody knows it. How do you not either A: have your stuff in order, or B: Have a completely legal from top to bottom backup in the box ready to go if they catch on to your trickery?

MI Dirt Fan
09-06-2018, 06:48 PM
How do you not either A: have your stuff in order, or B: Have a completely legal from top to bottom backup in the box ready to go if they catch on to your trickery?
Good thing Tmac passed...

Josh Bayko
09-06-2018, 06:49 PM
Good thing Tmac passed...

I'm sure they made sure they were legal.

sceneplenty2no
09-06-2018, 06:51 PM
Why would his mentor not inform his grasshopper that the Car Ricky’s dad bought would not be legal at Eldora speedway? Talk about a failure to communicate. ( Ricky to Scott ( sir can we please buy a couple of legal new cars from you?? Just a shame. Now let’s check the 17 Mc Donald roll cage diameter. Too bad Bronson appears to be an unhappy past customer. Maybe he saw something on the “short” side?!

Checkeredflag1015
09-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Imagine that he is learning from one of the best.

Clayton_Wetter
09-06-2018, 06:58 PM
Remember the old NASCAR trick where they built a car that was under scale size. HMMMMM

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-06-2018, 06:59 PM
^^^i can't see any of the SB cars being legal. Something stinks.

MI Dirt Fan
09-06-2018, 07:03 PM
Well they all went through tech and Weiss got caught. You know drivers are always pushing the limits and grey areas trying to find a little extra. Same thing with tires.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-06-2018, 07:11 PM
Well they all went through tech and Weiss got caught. You know drivers are always pushing the limits and grey areas trying to find a little extra. Same thing with tires.

Drivers don't build roll cages.

MI Dirt Fan
09-06-2018, 07:24 PM
So your saying the drivers have no idea what they're getting when they have a car built?

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-06-2018, 07:26 PM
So your saying the drivers have no idea what they're getting when they have a car built? I call bull$hit to the third degree.

Roll cage tubing? No. They expect it to be right. That's all. And they sure don't modify it. Different tubing in the cage would effect the car. So that is why I would expect them all to be the same.

You are not going to order an xr1 and tell Mark Richards how to build your cage.

Josh Bayko
09-06-2018, 07:32 PM
^^^i can't see any of the SB cars being legal. Something stinks.

And I can’t see McDowell knowingly driving an illegal car.

Maybe Weiss was a sacrificial lamb for Bloomer to see if he could get away with it on a future trip. If that’s the case, I’d have talked to Richards/Longhorn/Stuckey before I left the track if I was him.

RapidRuss
09-06-2018, 07:35 PM
It says the car is a '16 with updates and he ran it at The Dream earlier and nothing was said.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-06-2018, 07:39 PM
It says the car is a '16 with updates and he ran it at The Dream earlier and nothing was said.

That isn't something they normally tech.

Iceman71
09-06-2018, 07:42 PM
They made everyone pull left door off and checked door bar diameter and intrusion plate composition weiss car was 13/8 not 1 1/2 can't fix at track

chupp n bloomer fan
09-06-2018, 07:49 PM
Lol. Bronson was just butt hurt that he didn’t end up with Scott’s car. Kinda the type not used to the word no. Hey Uncle, these XR1’s aren’t very good, ok Kyle, we will get ya some Weaver Longhorns. Hey Uncle, these Weaver Longhorns are icky, ok Kyle, we’ll get ya some SB cars. As a bonus, Scott is hurt, you can get his personal car. Never mind, magically healed, you can have a brand new SB car. But I don’t want that one, I want Scott’s. His is faster. Now Kyle, don’t ya think just maybe Scott might be a little better than you. No, I’m great, these Affliction shirts make me super fast. Ok Kyle, sell them, put some high schooler butt hurt message on Facebook, done.

How about some new XR1’s again Kyle, ok Uncle.

Scene plenty two know, Kyle I wouldn’t trust with anything, whatsoever.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-06-2018, 07:50 PM
They made everyone pull left door off and checked door bar diameter and intrusion plate composition weiss car was 13/8 not 1 1/2 can't fix at trackDang, that’s tough. He didn’t have a back up?

NormP
09-06-2018, 07:50 PM
It's 2018, who's still wearing those douchebag Affliction tee shirts??

chupp n bloomer fan
09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
It's 2018, who's still wearing those douchebag Affliction tee shirts??Lol. ^^^^^

Guaranteed

MI Dirt Fan
09-06-2018, 07:55 PM
All Bronson did was retweet the news. Nothing was said that I saw. If that's really him using the Twitter account. They have retweeted a bunch of stuff.

MI Dirt Fan
09-06-2018, 07:56 PM
Well the t-shirt must be working since he's been seen with someone. lol

over4T
09-06-2018, 07:58 PM
Absolutely no excuse for scrimping on tubing sizes. Might as well use electrical conduit in the doors if you're going that small. I still get squeamish with 1 1/2" tubing instead of the old standard of 1 34" .095. Someone's going to get hurt or worse running that crap. Safety first...always.

RapidRuss
09-06-2018, 07:59 PM
CnB, his backup is the Wissota car. Spec motor with different engine set back. Said it would take a long time to swap it all over.

Josh Bayko
09-06-2018, 08:09 PM
It's 2018, who's still wearing those douchebag Affliction tee shirts??

Meatheads that think they can fight because they watch UFC, and Jerry Lawler.

K1ngCat
09-06-2018, 08:29 PM
Probably just figured out,they are no good unless your cheating some how,ha

Illtsate32
09-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Absolutely no excuse for scrimping on tubing sizes. Might as well use electrical conduit in the doors if you're going that small. I still get squeamish with 1 1/2" tubing instead of the old standard of 1 34" .095. Someone's going to get hurt or worse running that crap. Safety first...always.

Meatheads that think they can fight because they watch UFC, and Jerry Lawler.

Agreed there are places to skimp, and door bars and Halo is not the area..

Lol whenever I see one of those shirts I automatically think of you as a jersey shore d bag or someone compensating for a little pe*ker lol...

chupp n bloomer fan
09-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Probably just figured out,they are no good unless your cheating some how,haOh yes, cheating on door bars, totally a huge speed advantage. Must be the new device, fancy shocks.

K1ngCat
09-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Oh yes, cheating on door bars, totally a huge speed advantage. Must be the new device, fancy shocks.

just weak link chassis at work,that's all,lol

mcarter815
09-06-2018, 09:04 PM
Roll cage tubing? No. They expect it to be right. That's all. And they sure don't modify it. Different tubing in the cage would effect the car. So that is why I would expect them all to be the same.

You are not going to order an xr1 and tell Mark Richards how to build your cage.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/auto-racing/imcas-roll-cage-rule-hits-the-spotlight-20170601

I don’t see why it would be any different in late models than in mods. GRT and Big Daddy modifieds were caught with undersized roll cage tubing last year. The customer requested it, so that os what GRT built.

joshroth14
09-06-2018, 09:33 PM
If Mark Richards and Bronson worried more about their cars instead of Scotts they might have a major win at Eldora. Probably not though, the house car seems to always run midpack at Eldora.

MADCAPRACING22
09-06-2018, 10:25 PM
He was my pick to win. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).

Kwd1253
09-06-2018, 10:27 PM
Oh yes, cheating on door bars, totally a huge speed advantage. Must be the new device, fancy shocks.

It's Scott Bloomquist slide of hand trick. Scott has wiess aka bloomquist protege on it too.

Scott- hey ricky, got a idea for world 100, if are willing to help.

Ricky- yeah, your my hero of course.

Scott- well we going make tubing smaller on your car, so they find it. Then they will look at the same place on my car. They will be so busy look at that, they won't find out what I really done to my car. You OK with that?

Ricky- ???? Im Lost, what about my chance win the world 100.

Scott- you're young, you going win it in the future. Plus I'll teach you every trick in my book.

Ricky- ok I trust you. You really are the best ever Scott.

Scott- I know, I'm the goat!

Lol 😂😂😂

MI Dirt Fan
09-06-2018, 10:29 PM
It's Scott Bloomquist slide of hand trick. Scott has wiess aka bloomquist protege on it too.

Scott- well we going make tubing smaller on your car, so they find it. Then they will look at the same place on my car. They will be so busy look at that, they won't find out what I really done to my car. You OK with that?

Scott- you're young, you going win it in the future. Plus I'll teach you every trick in my book.

Lol 

You've got too much time on your hands lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-06-2018, 10:45 PM

Lol 

Good call!

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-07-2018, 01:08 AM
Mcarter,

You compared big time late models to GRT and modifieds?

chupp n bloomer fan
09-07-2018, 03:52 AM
just weak link chassis at work,that's all,lolYeah I seen that, guess it was a stronger link than Moyer and everyone else in his prelim and heat. Lmao

Glad to see you guys coming outta the woodwork though. Chassis runs well, it’s all Randy Sweet and the McDowell’s, stuff ain’t right, it’s all Bloomers fault. Gotta love it.

No_Weak_Links
09-07-2018, 06:39 AM
I read that the car was legal in 2015/2016 when it was built. Just wondering if this is correct? Right or wrong it is still shady by Bronson/Richards to jig the car. And just shows you how much pull Richards had to talk tech into making every team remove driver door to be inspected. Makes you wonder who's calling the shots.

Josh Bayko
09-07-2018, 07:04 AM
I read that the car was legal in 2015/2016 when it was built. Just wondering if this is correct? Right or wrong it is still shady by Bronson/Richards to jig the car. And just shows you how much pull Richards had to talk tech into making every team remove driver door to be inspected. Makes you wonder who's calling the shots.

You people come up with the most retarded conspiracy theories.

No_Weak_Links
09-07-2018, 07:07 AM
You people come up with the most retarded conspiracy theories.

What I posted is directly from the Weiss team, so you can go somewhere else with your conspiracy junk.

ThebigE
09-07-2018, 07:13 AM
Hilarious, I've always thought the same. What a spoiled brat.

ThebigE
09-07-2018, 07:15 AM
Looks like Chris Ferguson's SB car was ok.

Josh Bayko
09-07-2018, 07:17 AM
What I posted is directly from the Weiss team, so you can go somewhere else with your conspiracy junk.

They check the door bars and intrusion plates because a guy was killed at Eldora because his door bars collapsed in on him. There’s no grand scheme by Mark Richards to screw Ricky Weiss. If Richards did half the stuff you idiots claim, he’d be out of business or in jail.

No_Weak_Links
09-07-2018, 07:30 AM
Josh Bayko.....the scheme was to get Scott thrown out, not Weiss......I may be wrong on this, I don't know for fact because I've been out of traveling for years....but I have NEVER seen driver's doors having to be removed for tech at Eldora or anywhere, but I will find out shortly. Just because you don't know what's going on, or disagree with what someone says, doesn't make them an idiot or conspiracy theorist. If I post something on here it's fact, or a really good source says it's fact. If i don't know i will tell you, or tell you its my opinion.

manwplan
09-07-2018, 07:37 AM
Bayko, if you are referring to Unger, it was my understanding he was killed because he had a crappy seat and his head hit the wall because it wasn't contained. Nothing to do with the door bars.

ride height
09-07-2018, 07:39 AM

Lol 

Good one. I just shot hot coffee up through my nose laughing. Ouch. Why is it funny? Because I wouldn’t doubt this for real one bit when it comes to that bunch. I’m not dogging them here, I think they possibly just are that smart.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Bayko,

The intrusion plate rule was added after Ungers death. But honestly, they didn't receive more than a cursory glance in tech. That is why Weiss passed in June. Officials were tipped to look this weekend.

Josh Bayko
09-07-2018, 09:16 AM
Bayko,

The intrusion plate rule was added after Ungers death. But honestly, they didn't receive more than a cursory glance in tech. That is why Weiss passed in June. Officials were tipped to look this weekend.

It's possible they were tipped off, but literally everything odd that ever happens in late model racing is Mark Richards' fault somehow, and nobody else is guilty of anything ever. On the WoO tour, maybe. Outside of it? Not so much.

Josh Bayko
09-07-2018, 09:24 AM
It's possible they were tipped off, but literally everything odd that ever happens in late model racing is Mark Richards' fault somehow, and nobody else is guilty of anything ever. On the WoO tour, maybe. Outside of it? Not so much.

On another note, building a car with door bars that small is a tragedy waiting to happen. Shame on Scott and/or Sweet for even buiilding a car like that.

oldasdirt
09-07-2018, 09:33 AM
So, where does he go from here? Will he be illegal for additional upcoming events? Was this same stipulation in place for the North/South and he actually won with illegal car. Now the whole industry is aware of the situation. I noticed in the article on DOD after the North/South victory that he says, "They know who we are when we pull in the pits". They normally pit next Bloomer and his car attracts a lot of attention. Turns out the onlookers were not paying attention to the right car :)

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-07-2018, 09:35 AM

Woo WRG are the same entity. I was figuring the blame went to 40b though.

Illtsate32
09-07-2018, 09:37 AM
What I find hard to believe is somebody on here said a company built a thin walled cage for a customer on request, dont these guys have any ethical standards when it comes to their products...

Josh Bayko
09-07-2018, 09:39 AM
Woo WRG are the same entity. I was figuring the blame went to 40b though.

That they are, but I don't see Mark being petty enough to try to screw Scott and McDowell, there is respect among all parties there.

Bronson, though, clearly has an axe to grind after posting that literally anybody could jig his Bloomer car if they wanted.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-07-2018, 09:41 AM
That they are, but I don't see Mark being petty enough to try to screw Scott and McDowell, there is respect among all parties there.

Bronson, though, clearly has an axe to grind after posting that literally anybody could jig his Bloomer car if they wanted.

A guy who would go full linebacker in the hot pit at Ocala would do a lot to win.

Josh Bayko
09-07-2018, 09:44 AM
A guy who would go full linebacker in the hot pit at Ocala would do a lot to win.

He's also a guy that has/had a Bloomer car of that age.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-07-2018, 09:46 AM
He's also a guy that has/had a Bloomer car of that age.

I meant Mark. Lol

tb1545
09-07-2018, 09:47 AM
I dont even think it was legal in 2016, but if you can spot the difference between 1 3/8" and 1 1/2" especially in the doors where its hard to see when youre not directly looking for it that would be impressive.
I would be more curious for them to check the thickness of the metal in the cages in all the cars. If guys got busted in IMCA land and the customers told the builders what thickeness to use, dont you think it probably goes on in the late model world too?

Here is from the 2014 MLRA rulebook:
3. A minimum of three (3) bars must be used on the left side of the car. Each bar must be a
minimum of one and one-half inch (1½”) in diameter with a minimum thickness of ninety-five
thousands inch (.095”).

mcarter815
09-07-2018, 09:47 AM
Mcarter,

You compared big time late models to GRT and modifieds?

Have you seen what a new modified goes for? The biggest difference between modifieds and late models now is the cost of the motors.

joshroth14
09-07-2018, 09:50 AM
The car was legal in 2016 when it was built. The rules obviously have changed since then. Thats why the newer Bloomquist cars didnt have any issues. Richards and Stewart/WRG are all close friends so they went after Scotts cars. Not hard to believe that, but in their defense rules are rules. Im not sure I would try and piss Scott off after he (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near lapped the field at the DREAM but its what they wanted to do. Good luck!

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-07-2018, 10:00 AM
Have you seen what a new modified goes for? The biggest difference between modifieds and late models now is the cost of the motors.
I am aware of roller costs. Pretty sure a new lightning is nowhere near an xr1, not that it has any relevance.

tb1545
09-07-2018, 10:04 AM
This is 2014 ump rules with the EXACT wording of the 2018 ump rules. there is now a driver intrusion panel part, but makes no mention of door tubing size other than this rule. So if it is illegal now, it was in 2016 as well.

http://www.dirtcarump.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/2014-DIRTcar-Late-Model-Rules.pdf

15.9 Roll Cage
A.) All cars must have a roll cage fabricated from a minimum of 1-1/2” outside diameter with .065”-inch thick
seamless magnetic steel tubing.
B.) The side roll bars and/or door bars must extend into the door panels.
C.) A minimum of thee (3) bars must be utilized on the left side of the car in the door area.
D.) Any of the bars that are utilized for the top portion of the roll cage, including, but not limited to the front and
rear hoops, the top hoop and the uprights, must extend a minimum of 1”-inch above the driver’s helmet.
E.) All new frames and/or roll cages built on or after January 1st, 2006 an additional vertical side brace is required
on the left side in vertical alignment with the steering wheel.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-07-2018, 10:16 AM
Correct. Always illegal.

No_Weak_Links
09-07-2018, 10:29 AM
I meant Mark. Lol

Exactly......no way Bronson has the kind of pull to make WRG officials make every team at Eldora remove drivers door and measure door bars.

over4T
09-07-2018, 10:37 AM
" 1-1/2" outside diameter with .065" tubing? That's like welding a cage made of coat hangers. Owners and drivers are stupid to trust that stuff with someone's life and car builders are just putting not providing a safe containment. I've seen too many crushed cages and injured drivers in all the years I've been involved in this sport and don't wish to see more.

MI Dirt Fan
09-07-2018, 10:45 AM
I am aware of roller costs. Pretty sure a new lightning is nowhere near an xr1, not that it has any relevance.

Guy compares a lightening to a xr1. That's like comparing 98' to 18'. lol Smh.

You do a stand up routine on the side too?

tb1545
09-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Yea, Id say the .065 thick rule is a bit unsafe/ outdated. Seems like a rule that was made to include cars and not piss someone off instead of worrying about the safety of the cars.

MI Dirt Fan
09-07-2018, 12:26 PM
Weiss just tweeted they'll be at the Weitz Memorial show at River Cities this weekend. He did still use the hashtag #teamzero like he has always done.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Guy compares a lightening to a xr1. That's like comparing 98' to 18'. lol Smh.

You do a stand up routine on the side too?

Guy compared mods to late models. I compared a quality mod to a quality late. In fact, a low production quality mod. Carry on! You are the one who looks lost to me.

ladyslipper
09-07-2018, 01:08 PM
He gets booted from Eldora for being illegal and now over to Grand Forks, ND to cheat with his Wissota car. This dude has been cheating on tires and cars for years and he finally got caught. That win at the North/South 100 should be taken from him. Too bad the tech people (Steve Francis) are so lousy with Lucas Oil and didn't catch him. Maybe this will open their eyes....it took a WRG techman to find the illegal chassis and rightfully boot Weiss from the program!!

JCSullivan00
09-07-2018, 01:21 PM
Can any of you engineers tell me if a car built to spec with 1.5" tubing at .065 thickness would be safer or less safe than this car if it had 1 3/8" tubing with .095 thickness?

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Can any of you engineers tell me if a car built to spec with 1.5" tubing at .065 thickness would be safer or less safe than this car if it had 1 3/8" tubing with .095 thickness?

Does it have .095?

Tireguy17
09-07-2018, 03:06 PM
He gets booted from Eldora for being illegal and now over to Grand Forks, ND to cheat with his Wissota car. This dude has been cheating on tires and cars for years and he finally got caught. That win at the North/South 100 should be taken from him. Too bad the tech people (Steve Francis) are so lousy with Lucas Oil and didn't catch him. Maybe this will open their eyes....it took a WRG techman to find the illegal chassis and rightfully boot Weiss from the program!!

1. His Wissota car is newer, so I assume the chassis is legal.
2. The same chassis passed the WRG tech men at the Dream that you are praising this weekend.
3. Im willing to bet at least 1/2 of racers in the US could not tell you what tube diameter and thickness the main cage of their chassis is made from. Its not a detail most concern themselves with.

Clayton_Wetter
09-07-2018, 03:33 PM

:):)

Lol 

How would you like a little time out in the corner????
https://i.imgflip.com/eajik.jpg

JCSullivan00
09-07-2018, 04:30 PM
Does it have .095?

I honestly don't know. I was theorizing. My brother is a materials engineer, but he hasn't answered me yet.

NormP
09-07-2018, 05:10 PM
Too bad the tech people (Steve Francis) are so lousy with Lucas Oil and didn't catch him. Maybe this will open their eyes....it took a WRG techman to find the illegal chassis and rightfully boot Weiss from the program!!

Ah yes I see you subscribe to the "guilty till proven innocent" school of thought.

Did Steve Francis/Lucas Oil do the tech inspection on his car for the Dream in June? We are all looking forward to your answer, you world renowned brain surgeon.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-07-2018, 05:39 PM
He gets booted from Eldora for being illegal and now over to Grand Forks, ND to cheat with his Wissota car. This dude has been cheating on tires and cars for years and he finally got caught. That win at the North/South 100 should be taken from him. Too bad the tech people (Steve Francis) are so lousy with Lucas Oil and didn't catch him. Maybe this will open their eyes....it took a WRG techman to find the illegal chassis and rightfully boot Weiss from the program!!Passed tech with Lucas at the N/S, maybe you should take over for Francis, since you know more. Passes Wissota tech, take that over too. And the same car passed the NASA inspection at the Dream.

Kwd1253
09-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Too bad the tech people (Steve Francis) are so lousy with Lucas Oil and didn't catch him. Maybe this will open their eyes

OR Steve been around so long that he knows what cheating, over stepping the rules and pushing thing to far.

Please tell us what advantage having 1 3/8 tubing vs 1 1/2 tubing? Other than safety aspect of it. Because 1 1/2 with minimal of .065 is not that much better. .065 is just a hair .0025 over 1/16. Hell 1 3/8 with .125 or .1875 thickness would be lot better.

Now question for anyone that knows if eldora tech does UT check on every roll cage that goes through tech.

Kwd1253
09-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Too bad the tech people (Steve Francis) are so lousy with Lucas Oil and didn't catch him. Maybe this will open their eyes

OR Steve been around so long that he knows what cheating, over stepping the rules and pushing thing to far.

Please tell us what advantage having 1 3/8 tubing vs 1 1/2 tubing? Other than safety aspect of it. Because 1 1/2 with minimal of .065 is not that much better. .065 is just a hair .0025 over 1/16. Hell 1 3/8 with .125 or .1875 thickness would be lot better.

Now question for anyone that knows if eldora tech does UT check on every roll cage that goes through tech.

edavis71
09-07-2018, 06:38 PM

Been watching these supers for 34 years. someone clarify what the hell makes the big difference to the point where someone gets booted???

edavis71
09-07-2018, 06:40 PM
Just a hair off here and a hair off there, and I wont mention what kind of hair!!!

Kwd1253
09-07-2018, 06:45 PM
It really don't bother me that he got booted lol. That trap was for bloomer but it fell on ricky plate.

george w
09-07-2018, 06:46 PM
Wouldn't the chassis itself flex more? With that being said ain't there other ways to accomplish this? Just throwing darts here? Mabe it's just something that was over looked, mabe it was something they wanted to try out? Doubt we'll ever really know the truth?

Kwd1253
09-07-2018, 06:52 PM
Wouldn't the chassis itself flex more? With that being said ain't there other ways to accomplish this? Just throwing darts here? Mabe it's just something that was over looked, mabe it was something they wanted to try out?

Possible flex more if thickness is same or less than .065. If greater than that it wouldn't flex any more than what rule calls for. Would be nice to know what the thickness was on his door cage.

b1eagle
09-07-2018, 07:32 PM
I have been on this site as long as it has been here,but of all the stupid things I have seen this takes the cake.

hucktyson
09-07-2018, 07:39 PM
The dude seriously checked every pipe he could reach on my car lol Even though I told him I don’t go fast enough to crash lol

bleedblue55
09-07-2018, 07:39 PM
Just a thought but with the rainout could/should Weiss be able to present a car for tech when the Dream resumes? I'd guess all returning cars will go thru tech again. Does his DQ remain in force till the event is concluded?

Clayton_Wetter
09-07-2018, 07:43 PM
He should be able to attend in October for sure.

Bubstr
09-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Wrong thread.

Illtsate32
09-07-2018, 10:25 PM
Just a thought but with the rainout could/should Weiss be able to present a car for tech when the Dream resumes? I'd guess all returning cars will go thru tech again. Does his DQ remain in force till the event is concluded?

I think he chose to leave im sure he could return with a car that would pass tech I assume...

Kwd1253
09-07-2018, 11:21 PM
He ll they let Bloomer come back for years after years of trickery, why wouldn't they Ricky? 

Because Bloomquist slicker he knows how get away with it. Talking about a vet vs a rookie in dlm lol. He just get busted time to time on fummy tars

brsteg
09-08-2018, 01:21 AM
CnB, his backup is the Wissota car. Spec motor with different engine set back. Said it would take a long time to swap it all over.

Then why the he!! did they even bring it?

RapidRuss
09-08-2018, 03:57 AM
Well I would think it could be used as a parts car if the primary got damage.

Highside Hustler25
09-08-2018, 04:38 AM
So now the blame goes on Richards?lmfao

Bayko is spot on. The retarded conspiracy theory's some folks dream up are totally laughable.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-08-2018, 05:17 AM
So now the blame goes on Richards?lmfao

Bayko is spot on. The retarded conspiracy theory's some folks dream up are totally laughable.

For some reason, they did something in tech that had never been done before. Even after a death. And there is that guy who had a Bloomer car of similar vintage who is leasing it out to jig. If Bronson had not owned a Bloomer car, Weiss is legal. I guarantee it.

Highside Hustler25
09-08-2018, 05:47 AM
For some reason, they did something in tech that had never been done before. Even after a death. And there is that guy who had a Bloomer car of similar vintage who is leasing it out to jig. If Bronson had not owned a Bloomer car, Weiss is legal. I guarantee it.

Yeah, I seen the social media post.
So then I assume you know FOR SURE that Bronson's bloomer car was put on a jig? You actually witnessed it? Seen it with yer own eyes?

Well, I read it on the internet, so it HAS to be true. Man, I love this neighborhood.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-08-2018, 05:55 AM
Yeah, I seen the social media post.
So then I assume you know FOR SURE that Bronson's bloomer car was put on a jig? You actually witnessed it? Seen it with yer own eyes?

Well, I read it on the internet, so it HAS to be true. Man, I love this neighborhood.

I said nothing about Mark jigging a car. That has nothing to do with Weiss being caught.

ImCryn2
09-08-2018, 06:59 AM
So Ricky says this is the same car deemed legal earlier in the year so it's true? We really do not know that it was and even if so, it's no excuse to let it slide once it's seen.

Drivers are well aware of roll cage tubing sizes and yes even 1/8" is noticeable.

I find it amazing the things fans are willing to dismiss as 'no big deal' when it comes to a driver they like. Would you feel the same if Ricky got seriously injured or killed and this was found to be a factor? I think everyone then would be saying "he shouldn't have been allowed to race". What's next? Should we also allow 1 door bar?

Kromulous
09-08-2018, 08:31 AM
I do know when we went thru the tech line he had a big wrench, i believe it was like a 1 1/2 and he was checking all the bars thru the Drivers door area and the halo area.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2018, 08:59 AM
So Ricky says this is the same car deemed legal earlier in the year so it's true? We really do not know that it was and even if so, it's no excuse to let it slide once it's seen.

Drivers are well aware of roll cage tubing sizes and yes even 1/8" is noticeable.

I find it amazing the things fans are willing to dismiss as 'no big deal' when it comes to a driver they like. Would you feel the same if Ricky got seriously injured or killed and this was found to be a factor? I think everyone then would be saying "he shouldn't have been allowed to race". What's next? Should we also allow 1 door bar?No cage, none whatsoever.

If he wasn’t legal, he wasn’t. Just wish they’d get on the bodies they have let get outta control. I’m sure others had JD’s monstrosity, but that’s the pic I seen, freakin nuts. More tracks need to get on the Eldora bandwagon. I think what MR was alluding too was a little birdie told Eldora about the plate/bar.

ImCryn2
09-08-2018, 09:57 AM
I agree that others need to get on board, but as we see on this site, some people want rules enforced until it becomes an unfortunate deal like this, then the officials are picking on certain drivers (or whatever the excuse might be) and the tracks/ sanctioning body takes a beating for it. If we want the rules to be strictly enforced we all have to understand that it may bite our favorite drivers every once in a while.

Mark may very well have brought this to the officials attention, but the problem wasn't Mark being a rat. The problem is a racecar they deemed not up to the rules. I'm sure Mark has had people snitch him out over the years also.

zyoung25
09-08-2018, 10:08 AM
I just can't wait for the world in October. It seems like the world and dream always brings some sort of drama. Anyone want to guess what happens then? Will the 4m meet and greet be a royal rumble and make the dirt on dirt page?

Kwd1253
09-08-2018, 10:19 AM
I do know when we went thru the tech line he had a big wrench, i believe it was like a 1 1/2 and he was checking all the bars thru the Drivers door area and the halo area.

??? Wrench.. lol I guess a $20 Micrometer wouldn’t do the job lol

ImCryn2
09-08-2018, 10:22 AM
I'm guessing the wrench makes it easier to reach some places.

ImCryn2
09-08-2018, 10:36 AM

The jig really has nothing to do with this even if it's true, it could have been seen with the naked eye and even easier when putting a new body on. Are Bronson/ Richards responsible for Weiss getting caught? They very well could be, but only because tech is so lame these days. Man, 15 years ago this wouldn't have made it thru opening night at a weekly show.

hucktyson
09-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Bull$hit , the 1.375 roll cage would absolutely make it through local show tech all they check is seat belt dates

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-08-2018, 10:48 AM
The jig really has nothing to do with this even if it's true, it could have been seen with the naked eye and even easier when putting a new body on. Are Bronson/ Richards responsible for Weiss getting caught? They very well could be, but only because tech is so lame these days. Man, 15 years ago this wouldn't have made it thru opening night at a weekly show.

I already stated it had nothing to do with jigging a car. I did not even say a car was jigged.

Caught at a local show? You have to be joking.

ImCryn2
09-08-2018, 10:50 AM
I already stated it had nothing to do with jigging a car. I did not even say a car was jigged.

Caught at a local show? You have to be joking.

t would have been 15 years ago when they used to tech the cars thoroughly.

ImCryn2
09-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Bull$hit , the 1.375 roll cage would absolutely make it through local show tech all they check is seat belt dates

IDK where you race, but around here 15 years ago (as I stated) the opening night was very thorough and this would not have passed. They even actually checked brakes back then also. Guess they didn't where you're at.

hucktyson
09-08-2018, 11:15 AM
I’ve been in the pits since 88 watching tech anytime they tech I and Have never seen them testing roll bats with a 1 1/2” wrench in my entire life anywhere except eldora on Thursday

ImCryn2
09-08-2018, 11:33 AM
Wow. Without giving my age away they used to do extensive tech around here from at least 1980 until about 2000. Mostly on opening night, but everyone got it their first time racing at the track, even if it was the last race of the season. Lots of guys not allowed to race because of wrong diameter tubing, material (some tried to use black pipe which wasn't allowed) or poor welds.

I've never seen a wrench used, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work as well as anything.

MI Dirt Fan
09-08-2018, 11:37 AM
My local track years ago would check everyone's roll cage once at the beginning of the year and then a couple times throughout the year. Didn't matter was racing class it was. I've also seen it at a few other places I visited less frequently.

ImCryn2
09-08-2018, 11:42 AM
My local track years ago would check everyone's roll cage once at the beginning of the year and then a couple times throughout the year. Didn't matter was racing class it was. I've also seen it at a few other places I visited less frequently.

Apparently it wasn't as common as I thought it was. Hucks been around awhile and he thought I was full of it. lol

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2018, 12:04 PM
I agree that others need to get on board, but as we see on this site, some people want rules enforced until it becomes an unfortunate deal like this, then the officials are picking on certain drivers (or whatever the excuse might be) and the tracks/ sanctioning body takes a beating for it. If we want the rules to be strictly enforced we all have to understand that it may bite our favorite drivers every once in a while.

Mark may very well have brought this to the officials attention, but the problem wasn't Mark being a rat. The problem is a racecar they deemed not up to the rules. I'm sure Mark has had people snitch him out over the years also.Oh I don’t think Mark did it, I’d pick Kyle over Mark any day. But then again, I don’t think anyone snitched. I think they are going to start randomly getting people for stuff. Just wait till they pull out the NASCRAP template. And it’s the World 100 with maybe 5 cars.

MI Dirt Fan
09-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Being a safety thing I would assume it might all trickle down to maybe an insurance thing as well. Maybe not. I dunno.

I've seen cages collapse whether they were legal or not so......

MI Dirt Fan
09-08-2018, 12:06 PM
CnB

I don't think JD would have passed any template. lol

Illtsate32
09-08-2018, 12:24 PM
My question is do you guys think Ricky was aware of the small tubing? Did Bloomquist warn him about this possibility? And it could of been random but im sure somebody put a bug in the officials ear...heck it could of been anybody, Bronson may have let the cat out the bag but dont mean it was him who snitched. Either way that shouldnt be on the track in the name of safety...the way the sweet chassis run at Eldora Weiss would of been a favorite I think could be a $51,000 woopsie...

Andrews42FAN
09-08-2018, 12:28 PM

I mostly just read on here - but you are a dip(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).

RW57
09-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Forget the flex theory Bloomers cars don't flex its one of there trademarks.

JabberJaws83
09-08-2018, 02:04 PM
CnB

I don't think JD would have passed any template. lol

I’m a Davenport fan, but that is waning. That car is everything that is sending this sport in the wrong direction

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2018, 02:11 PM
My question is do you guys think Ricky was aware of the small tubing? Did Bloomquist warn him about this possibility? And it could of been random but im sure somebody put a bug in the officials ear...heck it could of been anybody, Bronson may have let the cat out the bag but dont mean it was him who snitched. Either way that shouldnt be on the track in the name of safety...the way the sweet chassis run at Eldora Weiss would of been a favorite I think could be a $51,000 woopsie...I’d say he had no idea. And if it was outta Sweet’s shop before it got to Scott, maybe he didn’t know either. It was a stupid oversight either way.

Illtsate32
09-08-2018, 02:11 PM
I resinate the same thoughts, everything is exaggerated on the car from the rf looking like a training wheel sticking out so far to the rr quarter and deck wracked over to get air on the spoiler I guess, the template for that car would be like if you took it and crumbled it up like a piece of paper, would and could not pass any kind of body rules...

bleedblue55
09-08-2018, 02:12 PM
I mostly just read on here - but you are a dip(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).

Andrews42FAN, like the name. Todd was one of my all time faves

lazyifoto
09-08-2018, 02:16 PM
I am so glad the big topic this weekend was doorbar thicknesses ......I thought it would be about peeing in a cup or being on pain meds.....

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-08-2018, 02:21 PM
Jabber, How do you say that? It was headed astray before Davenport even got in the 6.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-08-2018, 02:27 PM
My question is do you guys think Ricky was aware of the small tubing? Did Bloomquist warn him about this possibility? And it could of been random but im sure somebody put a bug in the officials ear...heck it could of been anybody, Bronson may have let the cat out the bag but dont mean it was him who snitched. Either way that shouldnt be on the track in the name of safety...the way the sweet chassis run at Eldora Weiss would of been a favorite I think could be a $51,000 woopsie...

I doubt he thought it would be an issue, or he would have been prepared. Did he realize it, who knows? This was the car Weiss got from Landers. Apparently, newer cars were built to spec.

JabberJaws83
09-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Jabber, How do you say that? It was headed astray before Davenport even got in the 6.

I’m not saying it wasn’t, but they’ve put their foot on the gas sending it there.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-08-2018, 02:31 PM
They are just seeing how far they can take the lack of rules enforcement. They have a big expectation to fill.

JabberJaws83
09-08-2018, 02:36 PM
They are just seeing how far they can take the lack of rules enforcement. They have a big expectation to fill.

For sure, it’s not their fault but it’s a monkey see monkey do sport. Until the reset button gets hit on the rules, it’s never going to end.

Krooser
09-08-2018, 05:13 PM
The tech at Hales Corners required a small hole drilled into the main cage upright to measure the tubing thickness...

over4T
09-08-2018, 08:28 PM
That hole in the cage was/is still common out here too but I've never seen it checked.

zeroracing
09-08-2018, 09:23 PM
I am a stickler, nobody is drilling a hole on any tube on the car. Not to mention unless you had a hole on every bar your checking it makes no sense. They make non distructive testing methods, we have to spend $2,000 on seats and $1,500 on fuel cells, oh and $700 on fire bottles I think it’s well within reason for the track to fork up the money to pay for or hire out thickness testing if they so desire.

over4T
09-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Weiss won the John Seitz Memorial show Saturday night up in WISSOTA land. Same car? I dunno.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-09-2018, 11:56 AM
Weiss won the John Seitz Memorial show Saturday night up in WISSOTA land. Same car? I dunno.

His wissota car is the newer car.

HoosierDirtFan
09-09-2018, 02:28 PM
RICKY WEISS ISSUE - WORLD 100 CAR.
FROM A CREW GUY
http://i65.tinypic.com/29lfi8z.jpg

Kwd1253
09-09-2018, 05:51 PM
RICKY WEISS ISSUE - WORLD 100 CAR.
FROM A CREW GUY
http://i65.tinypic.com/29lfi8z.jpg

This thread be deleted next too. Can’t say anything bad about team house rocket owner.

ZERO25
09-09-2018, 05:52 PM
The dude seriously checked every pipe he could reach on my car lol Even though I told him I don’t go fast enough to........

outrun Brian Gray! :)

Kwd1253
09-09-2018, 05:54 PM
Shady all I got to say. Atleast K.rumley has pride not jig up someone chassis to beat them or find away get them dq not be able to race.

Kwd1253
09-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Wouldn’t surprise me if he jigged up randy car give mark info on that one too.

ZERO25
09-09-2018, 06:03 PM
So let me guess.......SB cars have this huge advantage or are less safe, because of the 1/8" smaller door bars? You don't even know the wall thickness of said door bars!

Some of yall need to get off the computer and turn a few wrenches on a dlm! smh

Josh Bayko
09-09-2018, 06:08 PM
So let me guess.......SB cars have this huge advantage or are less safe, because of the 1/8" smaller door bars? You don't even know the wall thickness of said door bars!

It doesn’t matter if they’re weaker or stronger, they’re not legal. And it’s hilarious that everybody is taking this dude’s words as the gospel when he has no proof to back any of it up. This Facebook post is from the day it happened, and HDF is posting it now like it’s some startling relevation.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-09-2018, 06:11 PM

Almost certainly slightly less safe. But, you are correct it is something that doesn't matter. It is getting dq'd on a technicality.

ZERO25
09-09-2018, 06:24 PM
Almost certainly slightly less safe. But, you are correct it is something that doesn't matter. It is getting dq'd on a technicality.

BINGO.....it sounds like they were on a witch hunt and burnt the wrong one!

Kwd1253
09-09-2018, 07:22 PM
BINGO.....it sounds like they were on a witch hunt and burnt the wrong one!

That the rumors I heard, tony and wrg was waiting on Bloomquist to get him on something. But look like got someone else. It does make since, who had that chassis before Bronson?

Josh Bayko
09-09-2018, 07:55 PM
That the rumors I heard, tony and wrg was waiting on Bloomquist to get him on something. But look like got someone else. It does make since, who had that chassis before Bronson?

Lance Landers.

Illtsate32
09-09-2018, 08:06 PM
Question for my fabricators, when you "jig" a car does tubing size matter? Could you jig someones car exact but use a different size?...

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-09-2018, 08:15 PM
Question for my fabricators, when you "jig" a car does tubing size matter? Could you jig someones car exact but use a different size?...

Jigging refers to locating the suspension mounting points in space and other critical locations. The car won't act the same if you copy it, but use different size tubing in critical locations. Door bars not really being one of those. You don't need a jig to know the size of door bars. Just a measurement device.

Illtsate32
09-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Jigging refers to locating the suspension mounting points in space and other critical locations. The car won't act the same if you copy it, but use different size tubing in critical locations. Door bars not really being one of those. You don't need a jig to know the size of door bars. Just a measurement device.

I think I follow so when you build a chassis jig it wont so much help you copy a car bend for bend how ever a jig will allow you to put all the mounts and such in the exact same place on a car every time?

grt74
09-09-2018, 08:25 PM

you can jig any car, if you dont know what to put on it and what measurements its all at, its still a crap shoot, tubing sizes do matter but like masters has said it depends on where you putting it, also the kind of metal that is used is a factor, it wouldn't surprise me for a titanium chassis to be out there, think about the cost there, with bumpers and all the add ons, now you can really put the weight where you want it, it can be done, put a little metal flake in the paint and the magnet will stick too

Illtsate32
09-09-2018, 08:35 PM
I remember in the 80s Petroff had a car with chrome moly tubing that Dennis Sellers and Kevin Gundaker ran, I remember Dennis telling me it wasnt fair the guys didnt have a chance...

Krooser
09-09-2018, 08:39 PM
I thought they found one bar undersize on the main hoop behind the seat....likely the angle bar behind the driver...

play4kps
09-09-2018, 09:01 PM
Geez, I cant believe anybody here is justifying breaking the rules or blaming people.