PDA

View Full Version : Rocket city at Knoxville

NY DIRT
09-16-2018, 11:53 AM
Owens wins, Richards third

Shepard and Pierce fastest and most dominant cars before their late race problems

side note--Longhorn cars look awful. House car (McCreadie) junk, racing for 18th at time of wreck.
Davenport, struggles to finish 11th...

MI Dirt Fan
09-16-2018, 12:00 PM
Davenport, struggles to finish 11th...

Amazing how they are leading the points. That's only about 3 spots or so under thier average I think.

BadlandsBandit12
09-16-2018, 04:49 PM
Racket? I wasn't impressed with them. If Bloomquist wasn't running on 7 cylinders he would have won and there would ahve only been 1 car in the top 3.

Zonks32x
09-16-2018, 05:04 PM
Racket? I wasn't impressed with them. If Bloomquist wasn't running on 7 cylinders he would have won and there would ahve only been 1 car in the top 3.

Would've won based on what? A hunch? A feeling? A warm tingling down your leg?

100 lap races on dirt...nothing is a given.

MI Dirt Fan
09-16-2018, 05:09 PM
I thought Bloomquist broke Friday night. Did he again on Saturday?

Kwd1253
09-16-2018, 05:10 PM
What do you aspect with 35-40 rockets at the event. They had 17 rockets in the 100 lappers. 3 longhorns, 1 MB, 1 Bloomquist, 2 capital, 1 victory, 7 BD/29.

So when Bloomquist, JD, Madden, Tmac, Billy, Clanton, O'Neals win it shows how good them chassis are when they bet field of 15 or better of rockets. Or does it mean rocket are (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) when another chassis beats them when they out number very chassis builders?

cjsracing
09-16-2018, 05:45 PM
I thought Bloomquist broke Friday night. Did he again on Saturday?

Yes. A similar thing as Friday night. Valve train issue (#6 cylinder to be exact, I was standing behind his engine guy in the pits watching him look at it). Cody was on the phone with Durham, then came over and took a pic of the problem and texted it to Durham.

MI Dirt Fan
09-16-2018, 05:48 PM
Yes. A similar thing as Friday night. Valve train issue (#6 cylinder to be exact, I was standing behind his engine guy in the pits watching him look at it). Cody was on the phone with Durham, then came over and took a pic of the problem and texted it to Durham.
Thanks for clarifying.

MI Dirt Fan
09-16-2018, 06:59 PM
Moyer Jr. Has his other Longhorn for sale now. 10 races on it.

Bubstr
09-16-2018, 07:22 PM
Well, if the brands, other than Rocket, was as good at building, selling and supporting their product, they might have 17 cars in the A Main.

Snake X3
09-16-2018, 07:53 PM
I think the whole chassis advantage is really over blown. The best drivers/crews is what matters the most. The chassis are all very even. The engines are pretty even. The guys that set their cars up the best and drive the best will always find a way to the front.

And I agree with Bubstr. There has to be a reason why so many people run Rockets and it's not because they are dominant because they aren't. The other chassis brands win their fair share of races, not just on the national tours, but all over the country. Whatever the reason, Rocket sells the most cars. You can't hold that against them when they win.

MI Dirt Fan
09-16-2018, 07:55 PM
Is Rockets turn around time fairly quick?

Dlmfan123
09-16-2018, 08:45 PM
Is Rockets turn around time fairly quick?Around 3 months

george w
09-17-2018, 01:17 AM
Them boys smashin those springs In the hauler an dynoing the shocks rarely ever go unmentioned in victory lane .... just an observation though....

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-17-2018, 04:51 AM
Around 3 months

Are you sure that is still true?

Jking24
09-17-2018, 05:53 AM
Are you sure that is still true?For a new car without any extenuating circumstances such as you run the woo or lucas and just totaled a car yes that's about right 8-12 weeks. But where they stand above the rest is you knock a front clip off Saturday show up at rocket Monday morning when the doors open and your back on the road a little after lunch with your repaired car. The service and support from that whole company is unparalleled

Jking24
09-17-2018, 05:56 AM
And rocket has enough dealers who continually get cars then get right back in the list that when some does need a car in a hurry they can usually make a few phone calls and make that happen.

Dlmfan123
09-17-2018, 06:16 AM
Marlar said they went with the longhorn because they couldn’t get there hands on another rocket quick enough

t3r3e3
09-17-2018, 08:05 AM
Marlar already has 1 or 2 Rockets; they’re strictly for WoO events. The way I understood it is Delk snagged the Longhorn because they couldn’t get a 2nd or 3rd Rocket in time to chase some non WoO big money.

And, FWIW, Marlar runs good in everything. Was Top 3 in a Swartz at the Butterball with a shoestring effort until the battery went bad. I figure if Marlar campaigned one of Rayburn’s new cars he’d run great regionally and decent nationally. This whole discussion boils down to guys who can setup the car better than the guys who can spend their way into the discussion. Just so happens Marlar is now with an owner who spends, and was as well with Bryson.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-17-2018, 08:26 AM
^^Marlar is one of the best. I agree on that. But just how destitute is a team with multiple cars and Delk on the side of the car?

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-17-2018, 08:30 AM
Marlar said they went with the longhorn because they couldn’t get there hands on another rocket quick enough

That's what was said in an interview...

hucktyson
09-17-2018, 08:54 AM
How soon everyone forgets that Bobby put Up many similar performances in his pierce car also ....

kazual
09-17-2018, 09:13 AM
True Huck. But at this point am beginning to wonder just how tough the Pierce car really was, their finishing record with it was more consistent. Seems like holding up to Bobby’s lead foot is not easy.

hucktyson
09-17-2018, 09:16 AM
The stuff failing at DB is lack of maintence and attention to detail . Bolts didn’t fall off when bob was responsible for his sons life ... There’s a reason EPJ is back to
Being a major threat every week .... EPJ didn’t just all of the sudden learn how to drive again

hucktyson
09-17-2018, 09:18 AM
If Bobby’s car was good at Knoxville he wouldn’t have had to hammer the cushion soo hard to make it go lol

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Stuckey is the real deal.

Kwd1253
09-17-2018, 09:43 AM
I thought that was Bobby driving style 80% of the time hammer down, aggressive, bang the cushion. Other 20% ride the hub or middle when there no cushion, McDowell and Bloomquist line. Nope I’m not dissing him on his driving style.

ZERO25
09-17-2018, 11:11 AM
Stuckey is the real deal.

Bingo......theres a reason why his drivers win races and championships!

fastford
09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Them boys smashin those springs In the hauler an dynoing the shocks rarely ever go unmentioned in victory lane .... just an observation though....

yep , and for every one talking about aero and engines being the demise of late models , IMO , here is the real problem...........

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-17-2018, 11:27 AM
yep , and for every one talking about aero and engines being the demise of late models , IMO , here is the real problem...........

Don't think you can do much to address that part and "dumb it down."

Illtsate32
09-17-2018, 12:09 PM
Huck did you see how Owens rocket handled compared to Bobbys? That's what I was saying in another post I know some is prob setup preference but Bobbys car was not handling good...anybody else driving that car wouldnt of even sniffed the top 5 Sat night...

Josh Bayko
09-17-2018, 12:28 PM
Rockets have always been fast at Knoxville.

hucktyson
09-17-2018, 03:18 PM
32 yes I watched along with everyone else who watched with all eyes on Bobby , the car was bouncing all
Over the place with no side bite or drive off unless he was balls deep in the cushion and every bump made the front end take off. Anyone else in that car would have rode around in 22nd. Raw talent brought that car to the front and refusing to lose

Bubstr
09-17-2018, 04:28 PM
Bobby seems to like a loose car for sure, but don't sell him short. He can run the bottom and center. That kid has to have the fastest hands, you ever seen. When he gets some experience on most of these tech tracks, watch out.

Illtsate32
09-17-2018, 05:12 PM
Honestly from what I seen he was better on the bottom on the restarts the few times he did pick up spots he restarted on bottom...

Thedoctor
09-17-2018, 05:50 PM
EPJs success after leaving DB this season has to make one wonder if some of these teams ( Bowyer, DB ) hold some drivers back, Money can’t be the issue.

hucktyson
09-17-2018, 06:07 PM
Early on he was making passes low and middle but the middle got stupid slick after a while. He can absolutely run any line on the track and some that aren’t. His reactions are fuc&ing insane to run like he did at magnolia lap after lap after lap ... other guys don’t try it because they know they’ll wreck. He’s the best pure talent in DLM racing. Bloomquist is still the better driver because of his car knowledge and ability to run the less dangerous groove soo effectively. Bloomquist won’t be racing forever and I see Bobby taking over the number one spot when bloomer is done

mcarter815
09-17-2018, 08:10 PM
He was driving like an idiot bouncing off the cushion like that. He’s lucky he didn’t break anything. Notice the veteran drivers weren’t doing that.

Highside Hustler25
09-17-2018, 08:13 PM
...nor were they passing anyone either.

mcarter815
09-17-2018, 08:18 PM
Richards passed his way to third without banging off the cushion.

Dlmfan123
09-17-2018, 08:28 PM
...nor were they passing anyone either.There’s no way your serious rn

Bubstr
09-17-2018, 09:40 PM
Knoxville track gets prepared and not touched again all night. This lends it's self to a higher than normal berm. This berm don't like banging and it's soft above it. Sooner or later it will hang back. The cushion likes a car to get on smooth and off smooth, if you use it. Especially turn two. Turn 2 is where speed is made, even if no one sees said speed till 3 and 4.

Bobby has been there less than a handful of times and didn't make the A main one of those. I don't remember his dad running there, so he has a limited notebook. Something he should have learned, this time, is don't bang the cushion in turn 2. By the time Bobby gets 14 of these behind him, like most of the top guys, he will have it figured out.

If it was easy, everyone in the stands would be racing.

spiderma4
09-18-2018, 12:15 AM
Amen spot on! hucks got it right

Clayton_Wetter
09-18-2018, 03:06 PM
Knoxville track gets prepared and not touched again all night. This lends it's self to a higher than normal berm. This berm don't like banging and it's soft above it. Sooner or later it will hang back. The cushion likes a car to get on smooth and off smooth, if you use it. Especially turn two. Turn 2 is where speed is made, even if no one sees said speed till 3 and 4.

Bobby has been there less than a handful of times and didn't make the A main one of those. I don't remember his dad running there, so he has a limited notebook. Something he should have learned, this time, is don't bang the cushion in turn 2. By the time Bobby gets 14 of these behind him, like most of the top guys, he will have it figured out.

If it was easy, everyone in the stands would be racing.

Now he just needs to read your info and it's all over from now on.. :)

Clayton_Wetter
09-18-2018, 03:08 PM
Moyer Jr. Has his other Longhorn for sale now. 10 races on it.

Maybe a bum steer.... hahahaa

Clayton_Wetter
09-18-2018, 03:14 PM
Huck did you see how Owens rocket handled compared to Bobbys? That's what I was saying in another post I know some is prob setup preference but Bobbys car was not handling good...anybody else driving that car wouldnt of even sniffed the top 5 Sat night...

Let me get my hip boots on!!!!