PDA

View Full Version : First time going to World finals!

cc421t
09-25-2018, 03:01 AM
Plan on making my first trip the world finals this year! Looks like only tickets available are in the first 10 rows are these good seats?? Is there decent grandstands to watch from in the pits?? Thanks in Advanced for the help

zyoung25
09-25-2018, 03:22 AM
There really isn't a bad seat in the house. I've stood or sit just about every where. My favorite place to sit or stand, would be under the signs in 1&2. You will catch some dirt, but you get a pretty cool view of the cars coming at you, and going away from you. Some bring chairs and sit under the signs. Most of the time the small section of pit bleachers are plum full. So I always just found a random place to stand and watch, then made my way to watch the mains from the grandstand. I haven't been to better lit race track yet. So that helps a bunch with being able to see. The only downfall is the food and drink are expensive, there are ways around that though. They could have changed a few things since I've been in 2015. Hope ya have fun!

CarolinaDirt
09-25-2018, 06:06 AM
Plan on making my first trip the world finals this year! Looks like only tickets available are in the first 10 rows are these good seats?? Is there decent grandstands to watch from in the pits?? Thanks in Advanced for the help

Yes these are great seats we set 2 rows behind the flag stand last year . The downside to that is because you are so close to the track you get sandblasted if the track dries out like Friday of last year . We chose to set higher up this year . My advice if we get extremely dry track conditions is to bring some goggles or safety glasses with you . If you don't it will be difficult to see .

There really isn't a bad seat in that place and it's a great facility .

bleedblue55
09-25-2018, 07:03 AM
The lower 10-12 rows do not have backs, where as the rest of the seating is the same bleacher type with a back rail. Friend of mine always waits and grabs a ticket off someone selling extras at the track. Probably be someone advertise their extras on here in the coming weeks. Just something to consider. Food is on the steep side but they allow carry in of beverages and food. They inspect every bag and cooler when you enter so be ready. It's a great experience with the weather being the only possible negative. TAKE WARM CLOTHES just in case.

upaginit in North GA
09-26-2018, 10:30 AM
Bring glasses for the dust and extra $$ for concessions.

Clayton_Wetter
09-26-2018, 01:17 PM
There really isn't a bad seat in the house. I've stood or sit just about every where. My favorite place to sit or stand, would be under the signs in 1&2. You will catch some dirt, but you get a pretty cool view of the cars coming at you, and going away from you. Some bring chairs and sit under the signs. Most of the time the small section of pit bleachers are plum full. So I always just found a random place to stand and watch, then made my way to watch the mains from the grandstand. I haven't been to better lit race track yet. So that helps a bunch with being able to see. The only downfall is the food and drink are expensive, there are ways around that though. They could have changed a few things since I've been in 2015. Hope ya have fun!

Just wondering, have you tried every seat "in the house" to verify that???? :)

nc mudcat
09-26-2018, 02:05 PM
The first year, I bought tickets at the top, and regretted it every time I went to the bathroom or concession stand. Now I sit at the bottom and it is fine. I do like the backs on the seats, so if you can grab one of those it will be better.

Dlmfan123
09-26-2018, 03:36 PM
Lot of room for chairs on the exit of turn 2 with a pit pass