PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Erb Sweeps World of Outlaws Weekend at Atomic

Ben Shelton
10-02-2018, 09:26 AM
For Immediate Release
October 2, 2018

Tyler Erb Sweeps World of Outlaws Weekend at Atomic
Gumbo Nationals at Greenville Up Next

New Waverly, Texas (10/02/18) – Entering the weekend’s World of Outlaws (WoO) Craftsman Late Model Series doubleheader at Ohio’s Atomic Speedway Tyler Erb had never won an event with the tour. By the time the weekend was over the driver of the New Point Lighting and Design Inc. #91 Roberts Bee Company/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model was a two-time series victor.

“Our car’s been good all year,” Erb said. “I used to make a lot of bonehead moves and I still do. I about gave it away. (Marlar) could have drove by me right there coming out of four (on Saturday night). I just can’t thank everyone that helps me enough. It takes a lot of money to go up and down the road. It’s been a different year for me. … I haven’t been home in four and a half months, and I’m about to relocate. It’s been hectic, but this is just an unbelievable feeling, and I want to thank everyone who supports me and my program.”

On Friday night Tyler Erb followed the World of Outlaws (WoO) Craftsman Late Model Series to Atomic Speedway (Alma, Ohio) for the opening round of the two-day Outlaw Invasion. In a field of 35 cars, Tyler came one spot short of a transfer position in his heat with a fifth-place finish. Starting on the pole of his B-Main, Erb scored a 10-lap consolation victory positioning him 15th on the starting grid for the opening night feature.

Wheeling his way into a podium spot by lap-30, Tyler began tracking down race-leader Devin Moran in the final 10 circuits. Slipping past Moran on lap-35, Erb held the top spot for the ensuing six laps to capture his first-career WoO victory and seventh triumph of the season. Topping Moran, Brandon Sheppard, Mike Marlar, and Chris Ferguson at the line, Tyler Erb claimed an $8,000 paycheck for his inaugural series triumph.

On Saturday evening Tyler was back for more. He notched a third-place finish in his heat race, which locked him into the 13th-starting position for the finale. Overtaking Mike Marlar for the lead in the final corner on the last lap, Tyler Erb captured his second-straight WoO win in dramatic fashion to pick up the $10,000 payday. Marlar, Brandon Sheppard, Devin Moran, and Chase Junghans completed the Top-5 finishers.

Tyler sits eighth in the latest WoO Craftsman Late Model Series standings. For more results from these events, please visit www.WoOLMS.com .

This weekend – October 5-6 – Tyler will get a break from WoO competition as he heads to Mississippi for the 12th annual Gumbo Nationals at Greenville Speedway (Greenville, Mississippi). A new format is in place for the event this season with a $4,000-to-win program on Friday night and an $8,000-to-win slate on Saturday night. Tyler picked up a $10,000 win in the Mississippi State Championship Challenge Series (MSCCS) sanctioned event in 2016.

For more information on the weekend, please visit www.GreenvilleSpeedway.net .

Tyler Erb and Erb Racing would like to thank their sponsors including New Point Lighting and Design Inc., Roberts Bee Company, Keyser Manufacturing, Day Motorsports, Clements Racing Engines, QA1, Integra Racing Shocks, Champion Oil, JD’s Body Works, Tye Twarog Racing, KBC Graphics, Dirt Defender, Franklin Enterprises, Hoosier Tire South, Toste Construction, ASI Racewear, Dominator Race Products, Performance Race Engineering, Landrum Springs, Fragola Performance Systems, Powermaster Performance Starters & Alternators, Superior Bearing Supply, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Erb Racing, please visit www.TylerErb.com .