PDA

View Full Version : Jake Knowles Crowned King of the Crates at NAS

Ben Shelton
10-02-2018, 10:22 AM
For Immediate Release
October 2, 2018

Jake Knowles Crowned King of the Crates at NAS
Durrence Layne Series at Smoky Mountain Speedway Up Next

Rome, Georgia (10/02/18) – Jake Knowles overcame a slick track and a talented field of competitors to bag the $5,000 Durrence Layne Dirt Late Model Series win on Sunday afternoon at North Alabama Speedway.

Jake’s seventh victory of the season came behind the wheel of his Knowles Race Parts & Bodies #66 Josh Roberts Trucking/ Longhorn Late Model.

“Ever since Cory (Hedgec ock) and I ran first and second the last time we raced, I’ve been thinking about this race, and it seemed like we raced all over the place the first part of the race,” Knowles said. “I want to thank Cory for racing me clean, and I also want to thank all of these fans for coming out to watch us on a hot day. It was slick coming off turn two and we both ended up going off there, and the last time he did it, I was able to sneak by and hold on for the win.”

With Mother Nature shifting the event back a day, Jake Knowles was one of 32 Durrence Layne Chevrolet Series entries registered at North Alabama Speedway (Tuscumbia, Alabama) on Saturday night for the preliminary festivities for the second annual King of the Crates 60.

After laying down the second fastest time in his qualifying group behind Justin McRee, Knowles captured a 10-lap heat race victory, which positioned him third on the starting gird for the A-Main on Sunday.

Knowles bided his time during the early stages of the big finale as he raced in a podium spot. Using a late-race restart to his advantage, Jake overtook Cory Hedgec ock for the lead on lap-42 and paced the field for the remaining 18 circuits to capture his seventh win of the season and a $5,000 payday.

Hedgec ock, Eric Hickerson, Ashton Winger, and Seth McCormack completed the Top-5 finishers in the 60-lap affair.

Jake is currently third in the Durrence Layne Chevrolet Series point standings. For full results from this event, please visit www.DurrenceLayneRacing.com .

Knowles will be looking to make up even more in the Durrence Layne Series standings this Saturday night, when the tour thunders into Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee) for a $5,000-to-win event.

Jake Knowles would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Knowles Race Parts & Bodies, Josh Roberts Trucking, Buster Goss Body Shop, Martins Wrecker Service, Curbow Logging, Coosa Heating & Cooling, JW Motorsports, Cruise with the Champions, Shorty’s Shock Service, Hoosier Racing Tire by Pup, Knowles Trucking, Keyser Manufacturing, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Joe’s Transmission, Carolina Racing Supply, Big A’s Custom Graphics, AG Calf Ranch, Renegade Racing Fuels, Mitchell Jenkins Photography, Dynojet, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jake Knowles please visit www.JakeKnowles66.net .