PDA

View Full Version : House car success???

ZERO25
10-17-2018, 07:26 PM
Why is it that the Longhorn house car is not the top performing/consistent car in the stable, ever?

All the others house cars enjoy much more success!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-17-2018, 07:47 PM
Really? who just won the world!

ZERO25
10-17-2018, 07:48 PM

Only you would bring up one race!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-17-2018, 07:49 PM
Only you would bring up one race!

You said "ever"

dirtcrazy4u
10-17-2018, 08:23 PM
Zero, beside rocket 1, what other house car has as much sponsorship as they do ? What has club 29 done ? Lanigan and O'Neal as drivers in there stable. Bloomquist/sweet are and have always been in a league of there own. Bwrc, picks and chooses. Mastersbuilt wants to be great again, we'll I'm sure that they can find a quality driver.

ZERO25
10-17-2018, 08:35 PM
Zero, beside rocket 1, what other house car has as much sponsorship as they do ? What has club 29 done ? Lanigan and O'Neal as drivers in there stable. Bloomquist/sweet are and have always been in a league of there own. Bwrc, picks and chooses. Mastersbuilt wants to be great again, we'll I'm sure that they can find a quality driver.

Don't understand why CBR struggles when Epj in his BD is usually better week in and out!

All the house cars are usually the fastest and most consistent, but not Longhorn. I know Labonte is a cheapskate but you would think their house car would be better!

huskerdirt
10-17-2018, 08:45 PM
Don't understand why CBR struggles when Epj in his BD is usually better week in and out!

All the house cars are usually the fastest and most consistent, but not Longhorn. I know Labonte is a cheapskate but you would think their house car would be better!

What does EPJ have to do with CBRs lack of success.

House cars come and go as far as who is on top. Rocket has always been good except for that brief stint when Eckert was driving. BWRC has struggled the last five years until this year. The Longhorn house car (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near won the Lucas title last year. I’m sure most have forgot about that.

Barbecueboy
10-17-2018, 08:54 PM

stuckey.....

ZERO25
10-17-2018, 09:26 PM
stuckey.....

Whats he got to do with the Disco cars? :)

Kwd1253
10-17-2018, 09:27 PM

One a club 29 and the other DB
Why was hudson have better year in club 29 than Don and Lanigan before his shoulder sugary?

Barbecueboy
10-17-2018, 09:46 PM
Whats he got to do with the Disco cars? :)

Nothing , I was answering the question on why EPJ seemed to be succeeding more as of late than the cbr guys.

Wasn't Stuckey helping Lanigan go fast also a while back?

Seems like there is a common denominator.

Swampy121
10-17-2018, 09:47 PM
One a club 29 and the other DB
Why was hudson have better year in club 29 than Don and Lanigan before his shoulder sugary?

I thought Hudson was in a BD, not a Club 29?

slmcrewchief99
10-17-2018, 10:51 PM
A Club29 is a Black Diamond. They are jigged and built at Stuckey's shop. JS

Illtsate32
10-17-2018, 11:01 PM
2 real house cars Rocket1 and EPJ. With all the insight, data, resourses, sponsors, and $ Rocket1 has they are a disappointment performance wise. Probly why a driver change is in the future, EPJ would be leading the points in woo if he ran it this year...

zyoung25
10-17-2018, 11:05 PM

I thought we all done went over this 3 or 4 years ago? I guess some people to forget they're the same chassis, just depends on who you buy them through.

Chad Simpson had such a good year in one, brother Chris went and bought one. I'll be curious to see how Lanigan does back on his own next year.

MI Dirt Fan
10-17-2018, 11:12 PM
I thought we all done went over this 3 or 4 years ago? I guess some people to forget they're the same chassis, just depends on who you buy them through.

Chad Simpson had such a good year in one, brother Chris went and bought one. I'll be curious to see how Lanigan does back on his own next year.

And Moyer Jr.....

TackyTracker
10-18-2018, 12:04 AM
15,16,17 Bobby had good years in the House car

Kwd1253
10-18-2018, 12:05 AM

Come on now your being nice.. Garrett, BD is the real Stuckey chassis design put together by his team. For club 29, Stuckey shop sends black Diamond roller to Darrell. Darrel finish it off with his F’ery twist on it. Well Garrett didn’t say it like that but pretty much what I got from it lol.

Kwd1253
10-18-2018, 12:15 AM
I thought Hudson was in a BD, not a Club 29?

It spouse to be club 29 maybe it’s a originally BD with club 29 stickers on it to make Lanigan feel good about his cars.

Jking24
10-18-2018, 06:18 AM
2 real house cars Rocket1 and EPJ. With all the insight, data, resourses, sponsors, and $ Rocket1 has they are a disappointment performance wise. Probly why a driver change is in the future, EPJ would be leading the points in woo if he ran it this year...How are they a disappointment they have 17 wins this year and are right in the thick of one of the best points battles either series has ever seen. They are up against two other power house teams with no lack in funding. They have actually been far more consistent than the other two. If you take away 2 nights where they had mechanical failures they would be leading the points by a healthy margin. Not to bash either one but bloomquist and Davenport and cbr have all proved that it takes more than unlimited funding to be dominate their is alot of luck involved.epj has been very consistent this year but he has also had alot of breaks go his way. If not for a caution or two he wouldn't of come close to winning the million but things worked out. And if he would be leading the woo why isn't he leading the lucas points. Or for that matter even in the top 3 ?

Josh Bayko
10-18-2018, 07:35 AM
2 real house cars Rocket1 and EPJ. With all the insight, data, resourses, sponsors, and $ Rocket1 has they are a disappointment performance wise. Probly why a driver change is in the future, EPJ would be leading the points in woo if he ran it this year...

LOL. a Disappointment? With the WoO and Lucas wins, all 17 of them, Sheppard has won over 300K. The only people to make more were EPJ and Bloomer, and that's because of the Million and Dream.

ThebigE
10-18-2018, 07:46 AM
Rusty Schlenk has 21 wins this year in the Rayburn house car. :rolleyes:

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2018, 07:52 AM
Rocket1 also won the WoO's biggest event and a preliminary night.

Pennsboro23
10-18-2018, 07:58 AM
Lol, there is nothing wrong with Rocket1

zyoung25
10-18-2018, 08:26 AM
Im betting that 99% of the drivers in the nation would like to have the disappointing season that the rocket house has had.

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2018, 08:56 AM
Im betting that 99% of the drivers in the nation would like to have the disappointing season that the rocket house has had.

More like 99.999999999999999999%

Some non drivers also...

Kwd1253
10-18-2018, 09:34 AM

Why you think Brandon having a bad year? Because he not leading points? people underestimated madden and marlar.

Doubt mark change drivers lol. Rocket 1 has the most wins between both national tours. They are only 40 points out from championship. All it takes is for marlar and madden have one really really bad night at the finals. Only way mark wouldn’t have shepp as driver if him and josh decided to switch seats or shepp decided drive his family car.

Could epj be leading woo points, maybe and maybe not. Epj made really good turn around this year from the pass couple season. Epj and Stuckey made a good team pairing with a good solid program. Hope they have another good year next season.

hucktyson
10-18-2018, 10:20 AM
Yeah the rocket house car is such a failure .... it’s been the most consistently winning car in the country for a decade and half minus the year Eckert drove

Bigdirtfan
10-18-2018, 10:38 AM
Rusty Schlenk has 21 wins this year in the Rayburn house car. :rolleyes:Ya he sure does. Just like he stated in dirt on dirt article, he kicks everyone butts in the $3000-$5000 races.

Illtsate32
10-18-2018, 11:47 AM
I hold rocket one to a different standard, I don't compare them to what any other team would do in terms of sucess. I hope that simplifies it for you...

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2018, 12:21 PM
I like the comment before you edited it. It was more ridiculously hysterical than this one.

ThebigE
10-18-2018, 01:20 PM
Ya he sure does. Just like he stated in dirt on dirt article, he kicks everyone butts in the $3000-$5000 races.

$3000 - $5000. More like $1200 - $4000

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2018, 01:29 PM
What's the standard you hold them at? They have 12 tour wins in WoO and 5 Lucas Oil wins. Thats pretty close to their average for wins a year. Only Davenport and Bloomquist have more in Lucas and Rocket1 only runs select events.

I don't think their "disappointing" season is going to prevent them from selling cars.

Zonks32x
10-18-2018, 01:43 PM
Smells liks sour grapes to me....
The rationale behind posting Rocket1 is having a "disappointing" season is because a number of us believe that BShepp is a better driver than Pierce and we don't share the belief that Rocket1 would win more races with Pierce behind the wheel.

As far as WoO points are concerned...two mechanical failures (and that's racing) are why Rocket1 currently sits in 3rd.

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2018, 02:02 PM
The rationale behind posting Rocket1 is having a "disappointing" season is because a number of us believe that BShepp is a better driver than Pierce and we don't share the belief that Rocket1 would win more races with Pierce behind the wheel.

As far as WoO points are concerned...two mechanical failures (and that's racing) are why Rocket1 currently sits in 3rd.
Exactly 100%. He is even stated saying Rocket1 would win every crown jewel with Pierce as the driver.

ZERO25
10-18-2018, 02:05 PM

....and straight from the horses mouth, they are identical! JS :)

Highside Hustler25
10-18-2018, 02:46 PM
Ya he sure does. Just like he stated in dirt on dirt article, he kicks everyone butts in the $3000-$5000 races.

That's a bad problem to have:)

As far as Shepp in the Rocket 1, Mark has stated he is more than happy with his current driver. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

CageFaraday
10-18-2018, 03:39 PM
LOL. a Disappointment? With the WoO and Lucas wins, all 17 of them, Sheppard has won over 300K. The only people to make more were EPJ and Bloomer, and that's because of the Million and Dream.

Rocket1 also won the WoO's biggest event and a preliminary night.

Lol, there is nothing wrong with Rocket1

I think his point was, with the breadth and depth of resources Rocket1 has they should be nearly untouchable and miles ahead instead of what, 40 markers. Instead 2 smaller teams with probably 1/4 the funding and resources are chomping at their heels. Heck one of them works a day job and races for fun. Its the same argument some make when they point out Rocket has 80% of the cars in a given race and then somebody else walks the dog on them. Strictly from a probability standpoint that shouldn't happen very often, not with those odds.

NormP
10-18-2018, 04:39 PM
I bet Rusty Schlenk isn't too worried about the opinions that some of you jealous types have about his numerous $3K-$5K wins.

Clayton_Wetter
10-18-2018, 04:49 PM

The world is not for sale!!!!

CageFaraday
10-18-2018, 04:53 PM
I bet Rusty Schlenk isn't too worried about the opinions that some of you jealous types have about his numerous $3K-$5K wins.

Personally I'm thrilled to see Rusty & Cj have the successes they are having with the resources they have. Too many these days think racing is a phallus measuring endeavor, that the whole point is to always go to the biggest race and have a showdown. Frankly that is idiotic if you know in advance your over matched for whatever reason and your goal is to turn a profit. It takes big resources to be competitive at the big shows and before you mention TMac as evidence to the contrary, get real. TMac has been on the road with mucho resources for years, he may now have less funding but he still has the knowledge and experience to make less money work. Congrats to Rusty, CJ and TMac for reminding us you can do a lot with a little if your smart about it.

PRCKartRacer9
10-18-2018, 05:03 PM
I'm pretty sure Rusty has raced more this year than most of us on here. Jealous much? People want to complain about local racing dying and complain about guys that race locally at the same time. Congrats to Rusty again on the championship. He's doing what most of us only dream of doing. I know id give my left nut just to hot lap a super late.

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2018, 05:17 PM
All three have had a misfortune or two to the point where it's a 3 team race for the championship. Similar to last year in the Lucas series.

Seems as though Davenport and LL have been a bigger disappointment than Rocket1. They may even have more resources than Rocket1 as well. Only real reason why they basically ran away with the championship was Bloomer and his typical shenanigans and Richards not running well most of the time. EPJ probably would have been a bigger vhallenger had he been in his second or third year with stuckey.

Kwd1253
10-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Personally I'm thrilled to see Rusty & Cj have the successes they are having with the resources they have. Too many these days think racing is a phallus measuring endeavor, that the whole point is to always go to the biggest race and have a showdown. Frankly that is idiotic if you know in advance your over matched for whatever reason and your goal is to turn a profit. It takes big resources to be competitive at the big shows and before you mention TMac as evidence to the contrary, get real. TMac has been on the road with mucho resources for years, he may now have less funding but he still has the knowledge and experience to make less money work. Congrats to Rusty, CJ and TMac for reminding us you can do a lot with a little if your smart about it.

?? Wasn't rusty planning running woo tour this pace season but pulled off not do to money. More do with him not being really competitive during speed weeks. Not hating, sounds like he made a better choice to fall off tour make money else where.

Illtsate32
10-18-2018, 05:49 PM
I think his point was, with the breadth and depth of resources Rocket1 has they should be nearly untouchable and miles ahead instead of what, 40 markers. Instead 2 smaller teams with probably 1/4 the funding and resources are chomping at their heels. Heck one of them works a day job and races for fun. Its the same argument some make when they point out Rocket has 80% of the cars in a given race and then somebody else walks the dog on them. Strictly from a probability standpoint that shouldn't happen very often, not with those odds.

You get it Cage exactly... and these guys know that too...

K1ngCat
10-18-2018, 05:51 PM
All three have had a misfortune or two to the point where it's a 3 team race for the championship. Similar to last year in the Lucas series.

Seems as though Davenport and LL have been a bigger disappointment than Rocket1. They may even have more resources than Rocket1 as well. Only real reason why they basically ran away with the championship was Bloomer and his typical shenanigans and Richards not running well most of the time. EPJ probably would have been a bigger vhallenger had he been in his second or third year with stuckey.

House car success???.............Davenport isn't the house car,why keep down playing what the 49 did,they came to race like everyone else,they just out raced those guys,they won more races and killed them in the points.
Seems pretty dang good to me,a new driver,a new chassis,and a tittle.

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2018, 05:54 PM
Who said anything about Davenport being a house car? Just because you have resources doesn't make you a house car.

Illtsate32
10-18-2018, 05:55 PM

Exactly 100%. He is even stated saying Rocket1 would win every crown jewel with Pierce as the driver.

The 6 degrees of Bobby Pierce strikes another thread...anything and everything in the universe is linked back to him smh...df he would Bobby would win 30 races a season in that car...

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2018, 05:58 PM
30? Lmao. You do stand up comedy to? If not you could make alot of money.

K1ngCat
10-18-2018, 05:59 PM
Who said anything about Davenport being a house car? Just because you have resources doesn't make you a house car.

Thread tittle, House car success???

NormP
10-18-2018, 06:00 PM
?? Wasn't rusty planning running woo tour this pace season but pulled off not do to money. More do with him not being really competitive during speed weeks. Not hating, sounds like he made a better choice to fall off tour make money else where.

According to the article it was exactly because of money. His car owner basically said "we can probably do it this year, but if we do, there's a good chance we won't be able to afford to race at all next year."

I'm glad to see him win. I hope the momentum builds and he keeps doing it in a Rayburn. And despite what the naysayers want you to believe, he didn't just go to his local track and win the weekly races. He traveled quite a bit after dropping off the tour.

K1ngCat
10-18-2018, 06:12 PM
The 6 degrees of Bobby Pierce strikes another thread...anything and everything in the universe is linked back to him smh...df he would Bobby would win 30 races a season in that car...

jealousy is such an ugly thing,your boy steals bloomers thunder,his fans can't stand it,same reason they started in on Davenport in 2015.

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2018, 06:15 PM
Yea because he's won all the races Bloomquist has. Lmao. You guys should just have a comedy duo.

Highside Hustler25
10-18-2018, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty sure Rusty has raced more this year than most of us on here. Jealous much? People want to complain about local racing dying and complain about guys that race locally at the same time. Congrats to Rusty again on the championship. He's doing what most of us only dream of doing. I know id give my left nut just to hot lap a super late.

Save your testicles friend:DTheir are driving schools out there that don't cost a left nut.

Clayton_Wetter
10-18-2018, 06:20 PM
jealousy is such an ugly thing,your boy steals bloomers thunder,his fans can't stand it,same reason they started in on Davenport in 2015.

No, ridiculousness is the ugly thing. And it's front and center!!!!

K1ngCat
10-18-2018, 06:48 PM
No, ridiculousness is the ugly thing. And it's front and center!!!!

You know it's true,lol,I bet you guys was steaming hot at the 2016 North South when Pierce banked off of him,it was a beautiful thing,lol

Clayton_Wetter
10-18-2018, 06:49 PM
You know it's true,lol,I bet you guys was steaming hot at the 2016 North South when Pierce banked off of him,it was a beautiful thing,lol

Nope wasn't there. Was it a clean pass? Or a greedy pass?

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2018, 06:52 PM
No not really. Bloomquist has won it twice already. Next...

Jking24
10-18-2018, 06:54 PM
You get it Cage exactly... and these guys know that too...You guys crack me up. Marlar may have a "day job" but his car owner has thrown more money than any other team on the tour at buying this championship. And chris madden has never been underfunded or for that matter less funded than anyone else.

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2018, 06:57 PM
Crown jewel cup. Lmao. That's just an extra gimmick

Illtsate32
10-18-2018, 07:01 PM

My guy shows up when the moneys on the line, Bobby leading points 10 grand to the points champ..but cause hes leading its a gimmick..lol ur such a simp...

K1ngCat
10-18-2018, 07:01 PM
Nope wasn't there. Was it a clean pass? Or a greedy pass?

It was a crowd pleaser,ha

Illtsate32
10-18-2018, 07:05 PM

If Bloomer was leading would it still be a gimmick simpy???

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2018, 07:10 PM
Yep. Never even bothered to look at them. Championship points are all that matter.

Kwd1253
10-18-2018, 07:20 PM
It's cool lucas doing that but how you going crown cup if the biggest crown of all crown jewel not even in it that World 100! I don't care if dirt million goes up to 650k next year it still not the world 100.

Clayton_Wetter
10-18-2018, 07:49 PM
It was a crowd pleaser,ha

Kinda like Fidel Castro was a crowd pleaser????

K1ngCat
10-18-2018, 08:13 PM
Kinda like Fidel Castro was a crowd pleaser????

smh,no no no,not like castro at all

Zonks32x
10-18-2018, 08:17 PM
My guy shows up when the moneys on the line

So the other 55 races he entered paid $0 to the winner!?!?

Like I've said before, I applaud how you support your boy, and never waver.

That said, you own the thickest pair of rose-colored glasses in the world.

Clayton_Wetter
10-18-2018, 09:01 PM
http://mlmhelp.com/wp-content/uploads/mlmhelp.com-work.gif
Illtaste:)

ThebigE
10-19-2018, 06:44 AM

The kind of money his team owner has put into that team to run $1200-$3000 shows is stupidy. They start off on the WoO tour, then pull off pretty much before it even started. I would of figured they would run some big regional races this year. To each is own I guess, just don't see how you can make ends meet. As long as your car owner doesn't mind losing money you are good to go.

ThebigE
10-19-2018, 06:47 AM
According to the article it was exactly because of money. His car owner basically said "we can probably do it this year, but if we do, there's a good chance we won't be able to afford to race at all next year."

I'm glad to see him win. I hope the momentum builds and he keeps doing it in a Rayburn. And despite what the naysayers want you to believe, he didn't just go to his local track and win the weekly races. He traveled quite a bit after dropping off the tour.

Where did he travel to? Illinois to run $1200 UMP shows and hit a few Ethanol shows in Michigan?

CageFaraday
10-19-2018, 07:15 AM
You guys crack me up. Marlar may have a "day job" but his car owner has thrown more money than any other team on the tour at buying this championship. And chris madden has never been underfunded or for that matter less funded than anyone else.

Please state your sources on these teams finances and what they've spent...

hucktyson
10-19-2018, 07:39 AM
Marlar and delk have both made it clear they buy anything they need but it seems to be there are plenty of well funded teams ... and Marlar is leading the points not them

Kwd1253
10-19-2018, 07:41 AM

Well see they had the money but afraid they go bankrupt running it afterwards lol. Some people pick up more sponsors running national tour and some don’t, big risk step on the national tour. They probably made best choice they could. it be good see CJ car on national tour tho, need get one them Swartz on it too.

hucktyson
10-19-2018, 07:50 AM
Does someone really think the cj1 would be a serious threat on a national of someone offered to pay their bill at Cornett , Hoosier and Sunoco ?? They are a very good regional team I just don’t see them as a national caliber team

Kwd1253
10-19-2018, 08:08 AM
Don’t know about being serious threat. But with right driver, crew it could be. Look at the madden and bw combination. Didn’t think they would come out swinging like they did. Just shows if you have the right people together anything is possible.

fastford
10-19-2018, 10:48 AM
thats kinda what i was thinking Kwd , put ole bloomer in that cj chassis and i would bet he would be winning races....

Barbecueboy
10-19-2018, 11:21 AM
My guy shows up when the moneys on the line, Bobby leading points 10 grand to the points champ..but cause hes leading its a gimmick..lol ur such a simp...

Poor Bobby Dangerfield.......can't get no respect.

ZERO25
10-19-2018, 11:33 AM
Poor Bobby Dangerfield.......can't get no respect.

Post of the year!!!

I like the kid, but his fans.......not so much!!! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-19-2018, 12:30 PM
Post of the year!!!

I like the kid, but his fans.......not so much!!! :)

The feelings probally mutual🤔🤔

Mod110s
10-19-2018, 01:01 PM
It would literally turn into same as he’s running now. A BLOOMQUIST chassis. Wouldn’t even be a “C.J.” chassis anymore lol
thats kinda what i was thinking Kwd , put ole bloomer in that cj chassis and i would bet he would be winning races....

hucktyson
10-19-2018, 02:14 PM
It’s funny when people say this , the guy does set ups on a surface plate and has all of the pulldown rig data , the current chassis is the very best thing him
And Randy sweet can come Up with and the finest motor Durham can build with penskes very best shocks , the best wheelman to ever sit in one and the best at adjusting a car and with all of that he still wins way less than 50% of his races. But you claim he can take a random car that’s not known for being cutting edge technology and he’s going to win at will in it ?? Come on now