PDA

View Full Version : Another car owner calls it quits....

JabberJaws83
11-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Duane Chamberlain’s owner Bill Dues is retiring. Another driver looking for a ride for 2019.....

CIRF
11-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Sorry to hear that. I sure hope Duane gets another good ride. His nickname is one of the best I've ever heard!

Staying with the subject at hand, I was talking to some folks at the open house at Joe's Garage in Towanda, Illinois yesterday and several folks in attendance said there are 2 relatively prominent teams that race on a weekly basis at Fairbury, Illinois who will be selling their stuff. Don't know if they're going to continue to race or not but either way it ain't good. Fairbury has the best weekly super late model car count in the state, hell, maybe in the entire Midwest, and these developments do not bode well for that to continue to be the case.

hucktyson
11-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Wow right after getting rid of their old rig for a nicer liftgate model

Pennsboro23
11-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Losing quite a few teams this coming year.

Krooser
11-05-2018, 07:23 PM
You can only put up with bleeding money for so long... lots of places to cut costs and save the sport but no one who makes the rules really seems to care. One exception is IMCA and it pains me to say that but they have a decent set of LM rules.

klemmabyna
11-05-2018, 07:29 PM
regional tours to get stronger?

zyoung25
11-05-2018, 07:32 PM
I dont think Bill problem was money, he's getting up there in age. I talk with Kenny, one of Duanes crew guys whenever I see him. He had talked about selling out 2 years ago, then Duane had the health issues and he parked everything for awhile, and let Jake Hawkins drive the car at the eldora shows until Chamberlain got cleared to drive again. Every body always jumps on the wagon that some of these cars owners are quitting because of money, that's not the case here. He could've sold out when Duane started having head and neck problems, and didn't.

And before anyone goes off the Facebook post, this is what i was told in person 2 years ago. But we know the word of mouth doesn't mean anything on here. I'm sure money had a little bit to do with it, but it wasn't the main reason.

huskerdirt
11-05-2018, 07:43 PM
You can only put up with bleeding money for so long... lots of places to cut costs and save the sport but no one who makes the rules really seems to care. One exception is IMCA and it pains me to say that but they have a decent set of LM rules.

IMCA rules are terrible for late models. I’m looking forward to seeing what rules package they adopt for next year.

Krooser
11-05-2018, 08:42 PM
They now run D55's on 14" wheels .. and a spec head much like wissota. What's the problem?

huskerdirt
11-05-2018, 09:05 PM
They now run D55's on 14" wheels .. and a spec head much like wissota. What's the problem?

Nothing wrong with the wheel/tire rule now. Problem is that it’s about 5-6 years too late. The spec head is IMCA stamped, that’s another problem. You have to run that head. That’s one of the many factors why the class has been reduced to just the eastern half of Iowa.

I’d say in the very near future you’d see SLMR, Wissota, and IMCA under very similar rules packages.

Krooser
11-05-2018, 10:15 PM
I'd like to see those heads be able to be used by all three of those sanctions you mentioned but the mfg. kickbacks must be too lucrative.

I'm no fan of Brett Root although I got along fine with his Mom when I was an IMCA promoter. All this IMCA stamped/approved parts are just pure BS imho.

These open motor rules and $4000 shock packages are killing our sport.

play4kps
11-06-2018, 07:49 AM
There goes another Eldora regular! Now they will get 11 cars for the ALMS races. But dont worry all the big races are packed, but grass roots racing is dying! Carbon copy of Nascrap!