PDA

View Full Version : Kankakee speedway!!!

Dirtfan130
11-06-2018, 09:59 PM
I drove out by the speedway and all the fencing in turns 3 and 4 were torn down and looks like they are moving the wall in more towards the infield and took some banking out in turns 1 and 2....i was at a wedding at the fairground anyone know what's goin on?? Hope they are making track smaller....i hope so we will start coming there on Fri with are modified

TheJet-09
11-07-2018, 12:37 PM
I don't have a ton of laps there, but it never struck me as driving as big as it looks. The bottom was pretty good those times for me. I'd be surprised if it was to change the size.

WildBill32
11-07-2018, 01:36 PM
I hope they are not making the track smaller. Ugh... If anything I hope they are putting MORE banking in turns 3 & 4... And leave turns 1 & 2 alone. Imo... I hope they know what they are doing... I'm not liking the sounds of it. That's my 2-cents... On this...

reid boys
11-07-2018, 01:44 PM
I heard they are moving 3&4 in slightly and putting the entrance and exit back to that side. I have ton of respect for the track work guy there, I don't think the track would be open if it wasn't for him and his family. I don't think this is the right thing to do, In my opinion should have done the track prep better. The size of the track didnt seem to be a problem for the oConnors or Sheri.

intel8
11-07-2018, 02:09 PM
The banking in 3/4 is what makes K3 so unique! They slingshot down the backstretch up onto that banking, very cool to watch. If 1/2 were banked like that they would really have something. Saw great races there when O'Connors had it, hope they don't ruin it.

Clayton_Wetter
11-08-2018, 12:26 PM
I hope they are not making the track smaller. Ugh... If anything I hope they are putting MORE banking in turns 3 & 4... And leave turns 1 & 2 alone. Imo... I hope they know what they are doing... I'm not liking the sounds of it. That's my 2-cents... On this...

I agree!!...

IL LM Fan
11-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Interesting that they haven't had weekly Supers for a few years, and I think Summernats is the only Supers show all year, yet they are still running weekly and have money to mess with the configuration.