PDA

View Full Version : G.R. Smith Wraps Up 2018; Set to Return to Driver's Seat in 2019

Ben Shelton
11-07-2018, 03:21 PM
For Immediate Release
November 7, 2018

G.R. Smith Wraps Up 2018 Season
Set to Return to Driver’s Seat on a Full-Time Basis in 2019

Cornelius, North Carolina (11/07/18) – G.R. Smith has wrapped up his 2018 racing campaign. During the course of the season Smith contested a limited schedule in his Victory Circle Auto Sales #22 M&W Transport/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Cornett Racing Engine Super Late Model.

In nine starts he recorded a single victory, which came on March 17 at Southern Raceway (Milton, Florida) with the Southern All Stars (SAS) Dirt Racing Series. He also claimed four Top-10 finishes, with his most recent finish a sixth-place effort in a special event at North Carolina’s Fayetteville Motor Speedway in a ride prepared by Dustin Mitchell.

With the 2018 season now complete, G.R. has already turned his focus to the 2019 campaign, which will see him returning to the driver’s seat on a full-time basis.

“It was definitely a year of changes within my organization,” Smith said. “We started the year with the intention of running the full World of Outlaws tour with Brian Shirley, but the chemistry just wasn’t there, so we amicably agreed to part ways. I was real busy with my company for much of the year. As a result, I only got to run a few races. Now that I’ve got everything lined out with where it needs to be, I’m ready to go full bore racing again next year.

After experimenting with the car owner role, Smith is eager to return to the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit in 2019.

“Next year, I’m going to be returning to the driver’s seat on a full-time basis. I’ll be running various national-level events, and when not doing that I’ll focus on some of our regional races,” Smith commented. “I’m looking forward to refocusing as a driver. I still have a lot left in the tank, and I feel that we can contend for wins on both the regional and national level. The car owner role just isn’t for me, so that chapter is definitely closed.

“As a final note I want to express my total gratitude for my sponsors. M&W Transport and just everyone who helps me – thank you! We’ve got some good friends, who support my program, but I’m hoping with me back in the driver’s seat fulltime next year that we can add some more sponsors to our program. Hopefully we are all taking a lot of victory lane photos together next year.”

G.R. Smith Racing will begin adding dates for 2019 to their website at www.GRSmithRacing.com as schedules are released.

For anyone, who might be interested in supporting the team for the 2019 campaign, please contact G.R. Smith at victorycircleautoinc@yahoo.com or 704-662-4287.

G.R. Smith Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include M&W Transport, Cheap Cars, Victory Circle Auto Sales, Victory Circle Auto Mall, Behrent’s Performance Warehouse, FK Rod Ends, DirtWrap, Cornett Racing Engines, Fluidyne Powersports, Rocket Chassis, Dynamic Drivelines, Winters Racing, Peterson Fluid Systems, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on the team, please visit www.GRSmithRacing.com .