PDA

View Full Version : Pierce stub

stevo175
11-15-2018, 05:37 PM
Was wondering if pierce mod were built with a turned stub. How do you tell?

goodolboy01
11-18-2018, 04:33 PM
Pretty sure pierce cars were built with a turned stub... more than the other builders if my memory serves me correct. Should be able to find more info in a forum search

DrDuctTape
11-21-2018, 08:00 AM
Yes they are. After setting all the rear bar lengths along with all the other measurements to the pierce book,, I wondered how much trail the RR had. So I strung the rear to the engine plate and also the lower ball joints. Was very surprised at how much the RR was trailing. I called and they told me to just go by the bar lengths and don't worry about stringing the rear to anything. They said yes the stubs are turned and I will go crazy trying to match the book numbers while also trying to string the car at the same time.

ZERO25
11-21-2018, 03:40 PM
Yes they are. After setting all the rear bar lengths along with all the other measurements to the pierce book,, I wondered how much trail the RR had. So I strung the rear to the engine plate and also the lower ball joints. Was very surprised at how much the RR was trailing. I called and they told me to just go by the bar lengths and don't worry about stringing the rear to anything. They said yes the stubs are turned and I will go crazy trying to match the book numbers while also trying to string the car at the same time.

Im like you, I always strung my cars as well. At least if you get in a bad wreck, you can re-string it and see where you're at!

Racer111
11-02-2019, 04:18 PM
pierce are turned