PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brothers launch new online home. Stormy Scott set to tackle 2019 LOLMDS slate.

HoosierDirtFan
11-16-2018, 09:16 AM
Scott brothers launch new online home. Stormy Scott set to tackle 2019 LOLMDS slate.

http://www.stlracing.com/2018/11/16/scott-brothers-racing-launches-new-cyber--home-stormy-scott-set-to-tackle-2019-lolmds-slate

Pennsboro23
11-16-2018, 09:21 AM
Stormy will be interesting on the lucas tour.

waaac77
11-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Didn’t he start out on the Lucas tour a couple years ago and drop off early? Hope they learned a lot and are ready next year for the full tour! Great to see a former USMTS stud run with these boys

GEAR_HEAD
11-16-2018, 10:26 AM
That'll be fun to watch next year. They're both pretty badass, they should be a force if they plan on working together next year.

Squirrel#3s
11-16-2018, 11:42 AM
His brother is taking the year off so he says. I’d like to see how long he stays away cause he’s too good to sit on the sidelines.

GEAR_HEAD
11-16-2018, 05:04 PM
I was thinking maybe Johnny will be turning wrenches for Stormy. The press release doesn't really elaborate though. Maybe Johnny is taking a year off so they can combine resources to run Lucas.

Illtsate32
11-16-2018, 06:55 PM
Uh oh, a debate about whos the 4m Paul Revere lol...

huskerdirt
11-16-2018, 07:21 PM
WOW, I posted this over two weeks ago & was told I was crazy. I also said that Johnny was taking the year off from racing to Crew Chief for Stormy.

Most have amnesia on here. You’ll get used to it.

Tireguy17
11-16-2018, 08:59 PM
WOW, I posted this over two weeks ago & was told I was crazy. I also said that Johnny was taking the year off from racing to Crew Chief for Stormy.

Didn’t take a rocket scientist to know that Bloomer running the mod for them a few weeks back was probably going to result in Stormy going back to SLMs in a S-B race car. But good job anyways 👍🏻

kazual
11-17-2018, 08:47 AM
interesting, shows Mullen Engines as a marketing partner. Johnny is coming off of a career year in mods, if he is to be crew chief then you have to admire the brother’s dedication to each other and an overall bigger plan. Wonder if they talked to Jason Hughes, he won ROY as recall a few years back and immediately abandoned LOLMS? One thing Scotts have going for them is travel and long periods on the road don’t seem to bother them. Good luck to them.

formercrewguy
11-17-2018, 08:52 AM
waaac77

Didn’t he start out on the Lucas tour a couple years ago and drop off early? Hope they learned a lot and are ready next year for the full tour! Great to see a former USMTS stud run with these boys

Are you confusing Gustin in the Widow Wax car?

chupp n bloomer fan
11-17-2018, 09:06 AM
Stormy was in a Widow Wax car for a little bit a couple years ago. #2 I wanna say. Was racing with a guy outta Oklahoma, not Hughes. Cannot remember his name.

wfofan
11-17-2018, 09:45 AM
Stormy will drop off again...
Sincerely,
Paul Reverse

TackyTracker
11-17-2018, 10:25 AM
yeah probably but maybe things will be different this time

TUTY
11-17-2018, 12:46 PM
That's a big hit to USMTS. Many of the upper Midwest races had trouble getting 24 cars before and now 2 that always were there are gone. It will be interesting at the very least.

huskerdirt
11-17-2018, 03:00 PM
Stormy was never on Lucas tour to begin with when he was with Bryan Rowland. He ran speedweeks and a few MLRA races. Then the late model deal went away. Payne drove the car at the Show Me and by July. Stormy left the team completely. Owens left at the end of that year and Rameriz/Weder started a team. Then Rowland put Hughes in the car(same car Stormy ran) and got RoY. After that Rowland was pretty much done, other than some cameo appearance by him or Hunter Marriott in the usmts mod.

Crossbones
11-17-2018, 04:15 PM
Stormy was never on Lucas tour to begin with when he was with Bryan Rowland. He ran speedweeks and a few MLRA races. Then the late model deal went away. Payne drove the car at the Show Me and by July. Stormy left the team completely. Owens left at the end of that year and Rameriz/Weder started a team. Then Rowland put Hughes in the car(same car Stormy ran) and got RoY. After that Rowland was pretty much done, other than some cameo appearance by him or Hunter Marriott in the usmts mod.

I don't think he ever entered the Lucas Series for RoY either. I do remember Stormy Scott nearly winning a WoO late model race at Volusia Speedway about 5/6 years ago and never hearing from him again in a late model.

kidrock
11-17-2018, 04:53 PM
Good luck to the Scott Brothers!!

chupp n bloomer fan
11-17-2018, 07:38 PM
Stormy was never on Lucas tour to begin with when he was with Bryan Rowland. He ran speedweeks and a few MLRA races. Then the late model deal went away. Payne drove the car at the Show Me and by July. Stormy left the team completely. Owens left at the end of that year and Rameriz/Weder started a team. Then Rowland put Hughes in the car(same car Stormy ran) and got RoY. After that Rowland was pretty much done, other than some cameo appearance by him or Hunter Marriott in the usmts mod.Tommy Weder is who I was thinking of. Thanks for the info Husker.