PDA

View Full Version : Novel approach to a new class... run 'em all together!

Krooser
11-16-2018, 03:50 PM
Greg McKarns is the son of legendary ARTGO promoters John and Sue Mckarns. He owns Madison International Speedway in Oregon, WI.

Once the haunt of guys like Trickle, Reffner, Martin, Bach, Sauter and others, the track has been thru some rough times, a couple or three different owners in the last thirty years, and declining car counts.

It's also where I got my start in the promoting biz.

Like so many tracks, crowds aren't as good as in the past, Driver participation is down. Weekly show's are a struggle. But Greg's bloodline won't let him throw in the towel. He's going to fix the problem.

Here's how...

Greg is going to try to consolidate some fledgling classes that are suffering from poor car counts at area paved tracks in WI and northern IL. The solution? Run 'em all together.

Read on and think about how this might solve car count problems at your local track.

https://misracing.com/new-division-for-madison-in-2019/?fbclid=IwAR2FEiMQAEhhPABu4ES8-xFC7ipu0DgabxL1boVvz3-OYf_Cbv0ETWWeSzg

TheJet-09
11-16-2018, 08:42 PM
I like the $300 to win, $100 to start. Not necessarily for the pure amounts, but that start money isn't too awfully far off from some of our LM stuff at certain tracks. And based on the % compared to the winners share, I'd say they are looking to keep everyone satisfied and not just cater to the front runners (which could probably get out of hand in a "broader" class like that).

I wish them nothing but the best. Oh, and I think Ron Breese jr. and a kid named Matt Kenseth were quite the duo up that way, once upon a time as well!

Krooser
11-16-2018, 10:29 PM
Kenseth's Dad was the promoter there for a few years IIRC. I was there back in '83 and '84... and when it was known as Impact Speedway it was dirt!