PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Redd!ck

Shiny Side Up 18
11-17-2018, 05:00 PM
2018 NASCAR Xfinity Series Champion.

kidrock
11-17-2018, 05:06 PM
Didn't he win the Truck championship as well?

MI Dirt Fan
11-17-2018, 05:10 PM
Sure did burn the tires off it. lol

brsteg
11-17-2018, 05:37 PM
Didn't he win the Truck championship as well?
No

Sure did burn the tires off it. lol

Burnt them off before the burnout.. lol blew pretty easily.

highgroove
11-17-2018, 05:58 PM
The california kid

ZERO25
11-17-2018, 06:02 PM
Somebody immediately notify CIRF!

A dlm guy excelled in another form of racing! lol

kidrock
11-17-2018, 06:15 PM
No

Burnt them off before the burnout.. lol blew pretty easily.

Ok thanks brsteg

chupp n bloomer fan
11-17-2018, 07:35 PM

A dlm guy excelled in another form of racing! lolLol. Them aren’t late models though, they are generic modern day late models. From 1988ish on.

TerryM
11-17-2018, 10:26 PM
Awesome. I interviewed him when he was 14. Or maybe 15. He was my son's age at the time. So cool. Congrats, young man.

hoosier race fan
11-17-2018, 11:02 PM

A dlm guy excelled in another form of racing! lol
Wait for it...

LOL LOL LOLOLOL!!!!!

Tyler Redd ick > C Bell

Note: I am a big fan of C Bell and think he is a future cup champion. I just like to rib a certain open wheel fan.

WisWildManFan
11-18-2018, 11:01 AM
This has to be fake news lol

WisWildManFan
11-18-2018, 11:04 AM
I actually think the 2019 cup package of 550 horse on most tracks will hinder dirt guys, reminds me of what motogp did and how it threw off Nicky Hayden's ability to handle more hp better from his dirt background.

Highside Hustler25
11-18-2018, 07:18 PM
Congrats Redd1ck. Maybe this can get him a cup ride.

Shiny Side Up 18
11-18-2018, 08:37 PM
Congrats Redd1ck. Maybe this can get him a cup ride.He's moving to the Richard Childress Racing #21 next year in Xfinity.

Krooser
11-18-2018, 09:10 PM
Honestly... I had never heard of him before today.

TMaCiLLiNi39
11-18-2018, 10:28 PM
He's moving to the Richard Childress Racing #21 next year in Xfinity.

I’m about 80% sure he will be in the 2....

bullring
11-19-2018, 08:48 AM
That "generic" comment always makes me laugh. Sprints and midgets are still running the same basic design they ran in the 60's.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-19-2018, 01:08 PM
And I should have clarified I’m joking. That’s the year Bloomer first won at Eldora. So that is when we start the generic late model term.

champion24
11-19-2018, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=hoosier race fan

Tyler Redd ick > C Bell

Note: I am a big fan of C Bell and think he is a future cup champion. I just like to rib a certain open wheel fan.[/QUOTE]

Bell is great, but Red may make it to Cup first!! It just takes the right check!! (With the right Zeros and commas in the right spots!!) Easier at RCR than many places! And probably with something different than a "bowtie" on the front of the cars somewhat soon!!

CageFaraday
11-19-2018, 10:52 PM
2018 NASCAR Xfinity Series Champion.

How dare you Mr Redd!ck, you've never driven a "push n' flip farm implement" you therefore are NOT qualified to win at the higher levels of motorsport. It is strictly forbidden to advance thru generic dirt late model, we do not allow this. In the name of Stacey Abbrams I refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of your achievement and Hollywood will soon be boycotting you in the future. I curse the very tires you road to the track on, I curse your hotdog with chilli n' cheese from the concession stand and finally I curse your generic driving career. Ptthhh, I spit on your shoes as I turn and show you my back in disrespect.

Jking24
11-20-2018, 06:23 AM
How dare you Mr Redd!ck, you've never driven a "push n' flip farm implement" you therefore are NOT qualified to win at the higher levels of motorsport. It is strictly forbidden to advance thru generic dirt late model, we do not allow this. In the name of Stacey Abbrams I refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of your achievement and Hollywood will soon be boycotting you in the future. I curse the very tires you road to the track on, I curse your hotdog with chilli n' cheese from the concession stand and finally I curse your generic driving career. Ptthhh, I spit on your shoes as I turn and show you my back in disrespect.Actually yeah he drove those aswell

dirty-white-boy
11-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Congrats Redd1ck. Maybe this can get him a cup ride.

Im sure his grandpa's money will make sure that happens regardless..... another winner of the genetic lottery!

I wont say this often but Bobby P could run circles around that kid!

TMaCiLLiNi39
11-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Im sure his grandpa's money will make sure that happens regardless..... another winner of the genetic lottery!

I wont say this often but Bobby P could run circles around that kid!

Bobby Pierce also had a hall of fame father and crew cheif... also Bobby has been in a late model of Kid Mod since forever... Tyler came to late models and instantly ran against the best of the best week after week... so while the stats don’t show it, it’s impressive to say the least...

You can gripe all you want white-boy... but Bobby will never be anything on asphalt... he was terrible... and to persecute Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) for having money is just terrible... no matter what a person races, somewhere someone is paying for it...

MI Dirt Fan
11-20-2018, 02:24 PM
Money can't buy talent.

lw82
11-20-2018, 02:25 PM
Well said TMaCiLLiNi39. Tyler only drove LModels for 5 years and all against the best of WOO and Lucas. His dad was the main crew men and had to learn it all on his own. It was not unlimited budget in late models. There was $ but it was Dad and Tyler doing all work on car. If he stayed in it would have been as good as pierce or better all day long. The plan was NASCAR all along. Yes the money has got him the chance in quality rides but unlike many in the situation Tyler can drive. Just remember Tyler showed first time at Eldora won a heat race and start on front row in dream. Always ran fast but couldn't never get to end cause of reliability issues. Pierce is good but don't diss Tyler. Put them in equal stuff on any Track anywhere on dirt and they be racin side by side all day long

Jking24
11-20-2018, 06:05 PM
Well said TMaCiLLiNi39. Tyler only drove LModels for 5 years and all against the best of WOO and Lucas. His dad was the main crew men and had to learn it all on his own. It was not unlimited budget in late models. There was $ but it was Dad and Tyler doing all work on car. If he stayed in it would have been as good as pierce or better all day long. The plan was NASCAR all along. Yes the money has got him the chance in quality rides but unlike many in the situation Tyler can drive. Just remember Tyler showed first time at Eldora won a heat race and start on front row in dream. Always ran fast but couldn't never get to end cause of reliability issues. Pierce is good but don't diss Tyler. Put them in equal stuff on any Track anywhere on dirt and they be racin side by side all day longI agree Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) has always displayed talent. So what if he has money behind him all the money in the world can't buy you a lucas oil victory or a summer nationals victory. It's just not that easy. Your talking about two of the toughest tours they're are and the hell for win was in a car that had been sitting untouched for nearly 2 years. That says alot about tyler and bloomquist racecars

dirty-white-boy
11-21-2018, 11:54 AM
Bobby was in JUNK on assfault!! Put him in a JR's car and lets see what happens.

TMaCiLLiNi39
11-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Bobby ran a Jr Motorsports 88 at Hickory a few times.... never was competitive.... if that’s Junk, then you are an idiot...

Tyler raced a 5 year old Ken Schrader K&N car at Rockingham... first time ever on asphalt... was simply going to make laps and get a feel for it... he won the race....

TerryM
11-21-2018, 01:41 PM
Is there any video of Bobby in the Jr car at Hickory, or of Tyler in an old Schrader car at the Rock? I trust Ya, Ern. I'd just like to see some of it.

TMaCiLLiNi39
11-21-2018, 01:55 PM
Is there any video of Bobby in the Jr car at Hickory, or of Tyler in an old Schrader car at the Rock? I trust Ya, Ern. I'd just like to see some of it.

https://youtu.be/1XunLuk_SqU

TMaCiLLiNi39
11-21-2018, 02:05 PM
http://www.bobbypierceracing.com/2015-news/second-at-hickory-in-fourth-asphalt-start

Found this.... 2nd is ok.... but that car is 100% premium as far as an asphalt late model goes

MI Dirt Fan
11-21-2018, 02:20 PM
The article posted on WoO today he hinted at the possibility of getting back in a dirt car soon.

http://www.woolms.com/news/latest-news/2555-nascar-s-future-comes-from-dirt

Zonks32x
11-21-2018, 02:23 PM
Bobby was in JUNK on assfault!! Put him in a JR's car and lets see what happens.

Bobby was in a quality ride at the Slinger Nationals the year he ran the event, set up by a track champion with tens of 1000's of laps around the joint and Bobby couldn't find his azz with both hands.

Not a knock on Bobby, just shows it's not as easy as many would like to believe.

CIRF
11-22-2018, 10:04 AM
Tyler got where he is by winning on the dirt. He won often and won the big shows in a half dozen different types of race cars. Bringing money to NASCAR had nothing to do with him getting the opportunity. He got there because of his extraordinary talent on dirt, especially driving dirt late models. His late model stats far exceed far exceed the open wheel stats of Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Ryan Newman, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell and a few others I'm forgetting. He deserved a talent based opportunity over any of those guys with his incredible late model career. No money involved.

It's Thanksgiving morning and I'm in an enlightened mood, thus I've been shown the light! LOLOL!

I really tried to type this with a straight face but it was impossible.

Ya'll have a good one. Don't eat too much turkey, it'll make you wanna' take a nap.

kidrock
11-22-2018, 10:27 AM
Well said TMaCiLLiNi39. Tyler only drove LModels for 5 years and all against the best of WOO and Lucas. His dad was the main crew men and had to learn it all on his own. It was not unlimited budget in late models. There was $ but it was Dad and Tyler doing all work on car. If he stayed in it would have been as good as pierce or better all day long. The plan was NASCAR all along. Yes the money has got him the chance in quality rides but unlike many in the situation Tyler can drive. Just remember Tyler showed first time at Eldora won a heat race and start on front row in dream. Always ran fast but couldn't never get to end cause of reliability issues. Pierce is good but don't diss Tyler. Put them in equal stuff on any Track anywhere on dirt and they be racin side by side all day long

lw82 good post. I agree with everything you said here in your post.

kidrock
11-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Some drivers are just not good on asphalt and the same could be said some asphalt guys are not good on dirt but, there are a few that is good on both so, far Tyler looks to be one of those driver good on both.

WisWildManFan
11-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Tyler got where he is by winning on the dirt. He won often and won the big shows in a half dozen different types of race cars. Bringing money to NASCAR had nothing to do with him getting the opportunity. He got there because of his extraordinary talent on dirt, especially driving dirt late models. His late model stats far exceed far exceed the open wheel stats of Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Ryan Newman, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell and a few others I'm forgetting. He deserved a talent based opportunity over any of those guys with his incredible late model career. No money involved.It's Thanksgiving morning and I'm in an enlightened mood, thus I've been shown the light! LOLOL!I really tried to type this with a straight face but it was impossible.Ya'll have a good one. Don't eat too much turkey, it'll make you wanna' take a nap.Must of forgot about rico abreu... You're off his bandwagon now that he sucked in a truck. Money got them both to nascar but one stayed around. Too bad they have a weight limit at real races cough chili bowl cough

CageFaraday
11-22-2018, 03:54 PM
Actually yeah he drove those aswell

Really? You couldn't let me have my moment of generic outrage... Curse your chili dog as well. Dang It! Nobody rides a farm implement like Larson, NOBODY! Y'all can all kiss my chilli dog. Have a Happy Generic Thanksgiving.

bullring
11-22-2018, 06:21 PM
As we went around the table today saying what we were thankful for, I said "I'm thankful Open Wheel Arrogant finally found the sprint car forum on 4m." I guess I need a recall.