PDA

View Full Version : Pennsboro

dirtdobber45
11-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Came acrossed this thought Id share... https://youtu.be/QD1b6l2blQM

Krooser
11-18-2018, 09:08 PM
Cool video...

$50,000 would get the track fixed. Need culverts to replace that turn one bridge. One good show and you could get that terrace seating fixed up enough to make it usable. Screw grandstands... go retro with lawn chairs. Temporary lighting would work for a few shows... I used at my last track until our new system was installed.

The problem as I see it, and I'm certainly no expert on the ownership and funding at Pennsboro, is getting a fair board or club to all act in unison for the best interests of racing is near impossible. It takes a guy with vision and $$$ to get things done.

I was fortunate to work for two brothers at Capital in WI who pumped over $100K into a track that was run down and failing. They brought it back from the dead. And it's still running today.

I hope to be able to see one more show at Pennsboro before I assume room temperature...

Barbecueboy
11-18-2018, 09:23 PM
That was great.....

chupp n bloomer fan
11-19-2018, 01:12 PM
Cool video...

$50,000 would get the track fixed. Need culverts to replace that turn one bridge. One good show and you could get that terrace seating fixed up enough to make it usable. Screw grandstands... go retro with lawn chairs. Temporary lighting would work for a few shows... I used at my last track until our new system was installed.

The problem as I see it, and I'm certainly no expert on the ownership and funding at Pennsboro, is getting a fair board or club to all act in unison for the best interests of racing is near impossible. It takes a guy with vision and $$$ to get things done.

I was fortunate to work for two brothers at Capital in WI who pumped over $100K into a track that was run down and failing. They brought it back from the dead. And it's still running today.

I hope to be able to see one more show at Pennsboro before I assume room temperature...$50k would be a start, but I’d say to get some insurance coverage and to not have the same issue come up again, I’d bet somewhere in the $150-$250k range.

Pennsboro23
11-19-2018, 06:10 PM
Cool video...

I hope to be able to see one more show at Pennsboro before I assume room temperature...

50K wouldn’t touch it

Late_Model_Mark
11-19-2018, 06:21 PM
That was fantastic, thank you for that.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

Barbecueboy
11-19-2018, 06:27 PM
There's a guy and his staff that run a race on an old indoor football field that could pull it off IMO.

Only reason they even know of the word can't is because of the first three letters in it.

Krooser
11-20-2018, 06:27 AM
Well if you go into it paying retail prices you won't but with some negotiating with race friendly contractors and folks willing to donate their time and equipment ut can be done.

I know of one group if racers that took an old, narrow 1/2 mile horse track and built a 1/3 mile out if it for a whole lot less.

I spent $8k if my own money on that same joint for two weeks worth of dirt work including fill, grading and a some equipment rental. It CAN be done...

Little UPIR Speedway up in the UP of Michigan just did a major clay repave and Rick Ness from TV's Gold Rush did the dirt work gratis from what I've been told... I think the community would pull together with the right leadership.

That storm that took out the track did huge damage all along the east coast... Closed I-40 in Western NC for a month as I recall.

TerryM
11-20-2018, 02:25 PM
In my opinion, we need to concentrate more on supporting and improving the many good tracks we still have, instead of trying to resurrect embarrassing old dumps from the past.

Pennsboro23
11-20-2018, 03:08 PM
In my opinion, we need to concentrate more on supporting and improving the many good tracks we still have, instead of trying to resurrect embarrassing old dumps from the past.

You be quiet