PDA

View Full Version : Cla Knight Races to Pair of Top-10 Finishes

Ben Shelton
11-21-2018, 10:15 AM
For Immediate Release
November 21, 2018

Cla Knight Races to Pair of Top-10 Finishes
Lavonia Speedway Up Next

North Augusta, South Carolina (11/21/18) – Cla Knight enjoyed a solid week of racing competition in his Augusta Aquatics #42 E-Z-GO Golf Carts/ Penske Shocks/ Maxxis Kart Racing/ Town & Country Packing Longhorn Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

“This year has been a steep learning curve for sure,” Knight said. “The jump from Crate Late Models to Super Late Models is definitely not an easy one, but I feel like we’ve made some big gains this year. This weekend’s runs were further proof of that. Friday was a little disappointing because I would’ve liked to have capitalized on my starting spot in the feature, but again we learned a lot from the experience.

“I just want to thank my team and everyone who helps me. We’ve got a race or two left this year, and we are going to focus on Top-5 finishes. Hopefully with what we’ve learned this year, we can hit the ground running in 2019.”

On Friday evening Cla Knight traveled to Screven Motor Speedway (Sylvania, Georgia) for the Ultimate Southeast Series-sanctioned, Georgia State Outlaw Championship. In a field of 20 cars, Knight laid down the second-fastest time in qualifying, positioning him second on the starting grid for the opening night feature. Hanging onto a Top-10 finish, Cla posted a ninth-place outing in the 50-lap affair.

After not racing on Saturday night, Knight traveled to Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, South Carolina) on Sunday afternoon, where he was competing in a field of 26 Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series entries in the annual Blue-Gray 100. After laying down the eighth-fastest time in his qualifying group, Knight scored a fourth-place finish in his heat race, positioning him 11th on the starting grid for the $10,000-to-win finale. Breaking into the Top-5, Cla Knight improved seven spots to finish fourth behind Brandon Overton, Chris Ferguson, and Mike Maresca.

Complete results from these events can be found at www.UltimateSupers.com and www.CarolinaClash.com.

This Friday night the team plans to trek to Lavonia Speedway (Lavonia, Georgia) for a $3,500 Super Late Model. For more information on the event, please visit www.LavoniaSpeedway.net .

Cla Knight would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Augusta Aquatics, M&W Transport, Town & Country Packing, Koury Racing Engines, E-Z-GO Golf Carts, KAR House Racing Radiators, Maxxis Kart Racing, Behrents Performance Warehouse, Penske Racing Shocks, Brian’s Kustom Paint, Longhorn Chassis, All Star Graphix, FK Rod Ends, Maxima Racing Oil, Renegade Race Fuel, Schoenfeld Headers, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Cla Knight Racing, please visit www.ClaKnight.com as well the team’s social media channels at http://www.facebook.com/ClaKnightRacing and http://twitter.com/ClaKnightRacing .