PDA

View Full Version : Richards to CBR#14

jensenracing18
11-27-2018, 09:35 AM
its official per Dirt On Dirt

fastford
11-27-2018, 09:41 AM
i wander if there might be some asphalt in josh,s future.........

MI Dirt Fan
11-27-2018, 09:47 AM
Even though most knew Lanigan probably wasn't going to be back I wonder nothing official was said that he wasn't coming back before they announced Richards was getting in the ride

bleedblue55
11-27-2018, 09:54 AM
Didn't mention O'Neal. Are they team mates now. Just curious

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-27-2018, 09:54 AM
CBR to xr1 now?

MI Dirt Fan
11-27-2018, 09:56 AM
Didn't mention O'Neal. Are they team mates now. Just curious

Same here. Clears the air on the speculation between CBR and DB argument though.

bleedblue55
11-27-2018, 10:00 AM
CBR to xr1 now?

Per the article I'd say yes.

Josh Bayko
11-27-2018, 10:18 AM
i wander if there might be some asphalt in josh,s future.........

He already tried all that. It didn't go particularly well.

MI Dirt Fan
11-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Doesn't mean it couldn't a second time.

Pennsboro23
11-27-2018, 10:21 AM
Josh isn’t going anywhere and yes he’ll be in XR1s.

Madcat
11-27-2018, 10:35 AM
Good. Glad to see Josh line up another big ride.

bleedblue55
11-27-2018, 11:06 AM
With the downturn in mining his main sponsorship from Joy went bye bye which also meant the Kyle Busch truck ride went away. He pretty much drove field filler rent a rides after that. I'm not saying he'd have made it but the financials doomed him from developing. Lots of things have to fall into place to take that step and be relevant like Larson, Redd ick, or Friesen.

Josh Bayko
11-27-2018, 11:09 AM
With the downturn in mining his main sponsorship from Joy went bye bye which also meant the Kyle Busch truck ride went away. He pretty much drove field filler rent a rides after that. I'm not saying he'd have made it but the financials doomed him from developing. Lots of things have to fall into place to take that step and be relevant like Larson, Redd ick, or Friesen.

Friesen is only there because he's got millions backing him.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-27-2018, 11:14 AM
Friesen is only there because he's got millions backing him.It’s why Richards failed. His sponsorship he brought to the table backed out. You know anyway, but if you aren’t bringing connections to NASCAR, you aren’t going to make it. And the ride has to be at least middle of the road, not that 39 car I think it was, in order to get noticed and be able to stay.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-27-2018, 11:16 AM
I’d say from that write up, CBR is switching to Rocket’s period.

MI Dirt Fan
11-27-2018, 11:26 AM
Rocket2 of course

MI Dirt Fan
11-27-2018, 11:43 AM
I saw a reply by someone on Twitter that said this is going to be the ride he finally breaks through at Eldora with.

Illtsate32
11-27-2018, 12:19 PM
Has he ever sat in anything but?

nc mudcat
11-27-2018, 12:24 PM
Friesen is only there because he's got millions backing him.

And perhaps that he is an excellent racer. IMO.

nc mudcat
11-27-2018, 12:24 PM
I think this takes care of the Rocket question.

https://speedsport.com/dirt-late-models/lucas-late-models/josh-richards-joins-clint-bowyer-racing/

dirty-white-boy
11-27-2018, 12:29 PM
Racers baffle me. This is from the press release.

Over the past two seasons with Richards behind the wheel, the St. Marys, Ohio based team amassed 15 wins, including two $100,000-to-win Dirt Track World Championships at Portsmouth (Ohio) Raceway Park and the Diamond Nationals at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Missouri. The duo also earned 59 Top-5 finishes and 82 Top-10 finishes.

They left off winning the Lucas Oil points series in their first season together.

So how does a change like this take place? What drives it because it is certainly NOT common sense.

Josh Bayko
11-27-2018, 12:38 PM
And perhaps that he is an excellent racer. IMO.

He’s very talented, but he’s too old to get a spot on talent alone.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-27-2018, 12:57 PM

Over the past two seasons with Richards behind the wheel, the St. Marys, Ohio based team amassed 15 wins, including two $100,000-to-win Dirt Track World Championships at Portsmouth (Ohio) Raceway Park and the Diamond Nationals at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Missouri. The duo also earned 59 Top-5 finishes and 82 Top-10 finishes.

They left off winning the Lucas Oil points series in their first season together.

So how does a change like this take place? What drives it because it is certainly NOT common sense.

Hmm. I read something yesterday that included first and second in points.

This could be driven by chance to do something different.
Could be personality issues.
Could be more $.
Could be many things.

Being a pro is this business doesn't give you a chance to pad a 401k or even have much earned income for future Social Security calculations. You better get what you can, while you can.

Of course you will say he is a Richards... But the most powerful buggy whip business from 1875 isn't alive today. Nor is Sears.

Josh Bayko
11-27-2018, 01:37 PM

Josh dd what he thinks will be best for Josh. I tend to think it'll work out.

goincircles
11-27-2018, 01:42 PM
Too be honest Jish is too old in owners eyes way too many experienced young kids that have done pavement for 3 or 4 years

Josh Bayko
11-27-2018, 02:26 PM
Too be honest Jish is too old in owners eyes way too many experienced young kids that have done pavement for 3 or 4 years

I’m not gonna dispute that.

Hoosier_Dirt
11-27-2018, 02:54 PM
Other top late model drivers that have driven for Bowyer seem to go downhill. Hopefully not the same for Josh.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-27-2018, 03:29 PM
Has he ever sat in anything but?I don’t think so. Possibly a MBH MasterSbilt, but I don’t think so.

kazual
11-27-2018, 03:36 PM
The Richards and Bowyer combo is interesting. The race team has mostly not hit performance expectations in the past, if they don’t do it with Josh and tech support from Rocket makes one wonder what could be left to fix in future years?

MI Dirt Fan
11-27-2018, 03:40 PM
Do you think that's possibly why they might downsize to one team?

Just The Tip
11-27-2018, 04:46 PM
Is the Bowyer car a show and drive type of seat? If I remember right, wasn't part of the attraction of BPM for josh being located in ohio for his wife's side of the family? It would make since if all he has to do is fly in and out for race weekends and he doesn't have to relocate.

I know it's none of my business, just thinking out loud. Should be a good combo in my opinion.

dirtcrazy4u
11-27-2018, 07:46 PM
So if CBR went to rocket with Josh ? Where does this leave Don and Hudson ? Is Don still part of CBR and will he be sitting in a rocket ? Same for Hudson chassis wise ? I will say it . I think Don and Hudson may have break out yrs and that these guys along with Josh and Owens may rack up multiple wins for rocket.

Hoosier_Dirt
11-27-2018, 07:51 PM
Hudson does not drive for CBR. He drives for Todd Burns SSI team out of Indiana. Hudson will be in a Longhorn chassis for 2019.

Krooser
11-27-2018, 10:14 PM
Keith Richards?

dirtcrazy4u
11-28-2018, 05:31 AM
Hoosier, yes I understand he is not part of cbr. Why ? I don't know. But with peak as his sponsor, I was just wondering. Going back to boyer, he has to see the talent this kid has, Lanigan for whatever reason just never got to were Hudson was. If not for the shoulder injury he may have been really good last year. I guess with Josh on board with Rocket we may now see if it's not the drivers. Crew chiefs are the same. Will be interesting.

Kromulous
11-28-2018, 09:22 AM
Interesting that the article does not mention the 2nd car, or Don Oneal at all. Seems as if CBR is only interested in fielding one car next year. I wonder if another press release is coming revealing just that? or has there already been one?

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-28-2018, 09:30 AM
Interesting that the article does not mention the 2nd car, or Don Oneal at all. Seems as if CBR is only interested in fielding one car next year. I wonder if another press release is coming revealing just that? or has there already been one?

I think if there is no change, there is nothing to mention.

Josh Bayko
11-28-2018, 09:44 AM
Hoosier, yes I understand he is not part of cbr. Why ? I don't know. But with peak as his sponsor, I was just wondering. Going back to boyer, he has to see the talent this kid has, Lanigan for whatever reason just never got to were Hudson was. If not for the shoulder injury he may have been really good last year. I guess with Josh on board with Rocket we may now see if it's not the drivers. Crew chiefs are the same. Will be interesting.

One of the very best setup men on a Rocket is Josh Richards. If the crew chief is smart, he’ll let Josh make most of the calls.

TackyTracker
11-28-2018, 10:22 AM
I think at some point Clint is tired of hearing his dirt team is inferior and racers go there to die.. Josh is a contender and Bowyer got the right driver so we'll see

MI Dirt Fan
11-28-2018, 10:53 AM
I think at some point Clint is tired of hearing his dirt team is inferior and racers go there to die.. Josh is a contender and Bowyer got the right driver so we'll see
Where does he hear that from? You think he has time to read here?

Pennsboro23
11-28-2018, 11:15 AM

IDK if Clint does but there are a lot of big name people in the industry who read this board. It would actually surprise you, I think one well known guy has a screen name and posts often.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-28-2018, 11:20 AM

You'd be surprised the folks that do have time for 4m.

MI Dirt Fan
11-28-2018, 11:42 AM
No I really wouldn't be surprised. I only asked about Bowyer. Not everyone else and their brothers.

Pennsboro23
11-28-2018, 11:46 AM
No I really wouldn't be surprised. I only asked about Bowyer. Not everyone else and their brothers.

So then who's to say Clint doesn't look at it? Lol that was the point..

MI Dirt Fan
11-28-2018, 11:56 AM
Hi Clint Bowyer!!!

Illtsate32
11-28-2018, 12:07 PM
DF ur killing me lol...To everyone who thinks Josh is gna be the savior, do you think Darrell forgot how to drive? I myself dont think so, We will see what Josh is made of thats for sure...

chupp n bloomer fan
11-28-2018, 12:55 PM
DF ur killing me lol...To everyone who thinks Josh is gna be the savior, do you think Darrell forgot how to drive? I myself dont think so, We will see what Josh is made of thats for sure...No. I think Darrell’s cars were out to lunch. Josh is better than Darrell to me, but Bowyer has a pretty sketchy track record on getting results. Like a year with O’Neal, and one with Francis. Other than that not so hot.

Kromulous
11-28-2018, 02:07 PM
What would be any different? Richards in a Rocket (no change) all you need is adequate power, CBR has that in spades and you will get about the same results with Richards. Only thing different is a Crew Chief.

Now Don ONeal if staying with CBR will be the interesting part, will he run a Rocket chassis? I would think Don O in a Rocket would be a fast combo, he is aging but he can still wheel em for sure, even with the "young guns" LOL.

Club 29 Chassis were whats holding up both Drivers in 2018 with CBR, whether they want to realize that or not. That broke down RF deal has been done for years now. Bloomquist or the Rockets dont run anything close to it, Nose down sure...

dirtcrazy4u
11-28-2018, 02:10 PM
Bayko, I agree totally. I think josh is without question a seat of the pants driver and can determine what changes need to be made. When that xr-1 was being developed his input was invaluable.

Kwd1253
11-28-2018, 02:22 PM
What would be any different? Richards in a Rocket (no change) all you need is adequate power, CBR has that in spades and you will get about the same results with Richards. Only thing different is a Crew Chief.

Now Don ONeal if staying with CBR will be the interesting part, will he run a Rocket chassis? I would think Don O in a Rocket would be a fast combo, he is aging but he can still wheel em for sure, even with the "young guns" LOL.

Club 29 Chassis were whats holding up both Drivers in 2018 with CBR, whether they want to realize that or not. That broke down RF deal has been done for years now. Bloomquist or the Rockets dont run anything close to it, Nose down sure...

Don’t see how BD/club 29 chassis was holding them up when Hudson and epj did well in them this pass season.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-28-2018, 02:57 PM
There isn't a modern car out there that cant get it done if you give it what it wants.

MI Dirt Fan
11-28-2018, 03:20 PM
I think Lanigan is better off in his own stuff with his own guys, one team, calling the shots

kidrock
11-28-2018, 04:40 PM
I think Lanigan is better off in his own stuff with his own guys, one team, calling the shots

It sure work in the past so, you might be right.

NormP
11-30-2018, 08:44 PM

That team has run several different chassis and never had the success of other teams that were similar in resources and driver talent.

And Club 29 won quite a few races last year with other teams.

dirtcrazy4u
12-01-2018, 06:07 AM
Will see who will be calling the shots on set up this year. If Josh can't get the crew chief on his side of setting the car up. It will be interesting to see what happens.

CageFaraday
12-01-2018, 09:42 AM
IDK if Clint does but there are a lot of big name people in the industry who read this board. It would actually surprise you, I think one well known guy has a screen name and posts often.

Thanks for blowing my cover...

boxcar
12-02-2018, 05:59 PM
Thanks for blowing my cover...

Josh has tons of talent but my question is are they switching to durhams ? At BPM he whined until they got one. He just don't like the chevy's. Also Josh will take care of all the shock stuff and know one will have any idea what he is doing !

bleedblue55
12-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Josh has tons of talent but my question is are they switching to durhams ? At BPM he whined until they got one. He just don't like the chevy's. Also Josh will take care of all the shock stuff and know one will have any idea what he is doing !
Josh ran Cornett Lightnings (Chevy) when he started driving the Rocket house car and had them for awhile until they switched to Durhams.