PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Speedway (IA) MLRA race on May 2nd 2019

93Nelson
11-27-2018, 07:50 PM
First time we get to see a touring late model series at Stuart in the modern era. Stuart is a fun high banked 1/4. Hope for a good turn out!

MLRA 3k to win on Thursday, May 2nd!

jbinlincoln
11-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Did I hear correctly that Stuart Speedway is running weekly LM's in 2019?

cjsracing
11-29-2018, 08:07 PM

That would be awesome, but I doubt it is true. They do have the MLRA and a tentative SLMR race.

Best track in Iowa after Knoxville!!

Krooser
11-29-2018, 08:48 PM
Used to see a young lady who lived in Stuart... the track was closed back then but I would have kept dating her if they were racing every week..

93Nelson
11-29-2018, 10:14 PM

I doubt it. It is under new ownership and they previous guy tried it for a few years before and I didn't work out. Better having Special's. There is 1-2 late model races scheduled so far.

Mod Runner
11-30-2018, 03:41 AM
DLM on that track should make for a good show. I have heard a lot of good things about the track. I need to put the MLRA race on my list for 2019.

cjsracing
11-30-2018, 09:33 AM
I doubt it. It is under new ownership and they previous guy tried it for a few years before and I didn't work out. Better having Special's. There is 1-2 late model races scheduled so far.

Disagree. It worked out great when they did it before, it wasn't a every week thing more like a couple times a month, but the old owner was to lazy to keep it around.

93Nelson
11-30-2018, 07:12 PM
Disagree. It worked out great when they did it before, it wasn't a every week thing more like a couple times a month, but the old owner was to lazy to keep it around.

He did it that smartest way he could and at least he tried. I bet it made no sense to have them there. Plus there was cooney drama of coarse.

over4T
11-30-2018, 09:56 PM
Stuart is a neat little track but I don't see it as a LM joint but for an occasional show. More a Mod and Hobby type of place.

Bforwarned
12-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Just glad someone in West central Iowa is having a Super Lates Show. ACS has pretty much all but scrapped their LM program and shows. Hampel probably rolled over in his grave when they cancelled the weekly's other than a couple SLMRA shows this year.

huskerdirt
12-01-2018, 08:40 PM
Just glad someone in West central Iowa is having a Super Lates Show. ACS has pretty much all but scrapped their LM program and shows. Hampel probably rolled over in his grave when they cancelled the weekly's other than a couple SLMRA shows this year.

Very true. I think Corning only had like 5 “weekly” late model shows as to not conflict with SLMR. From what I heard the crowd has been less than favorable.

Speaking of Stuart they have a tentative date with SLMR on June 4th