PDA

View Full Version : cv products

riddle28
12-10-2018, 12:30 PM
anybody know whats up with them? usually have a big booth at pri and nothing this year but a small xcelydyne one

dirty-white-boy
12-10-2018, 12:35 PM
Maybe they realized that PRI is hyped up more than the Dirt Million thats really not even close to a million on dirt and stayed home? :)

Doesn't Brian Vickers family own that?

sobe92
12-10-2018, 12:53 PM
anybody know whats up with them? usually have a big booth at pri and nothing this year but a small xcelydyne one

SRI has purchased a chunk of that business I believe.

Trax53
12-10-2018, 03:23 PM
SRI bought them out pretty much. I'm not real sure what is going on with the huge state of the art warehouse in Thomasville. I know Xceldyne is still wide open, and Kevin Rumley took me a tour a few years ago.

EvelB7
12-11-2018, 05:44 PM
I believe CV is busy building Honda airplane parts, and SRI did purchase part of their business a couple of years ago.

EvelB7
12-11-2018, 06:55 PM
Realize that most Cup teams make their own pieces these days (the small teams are tied in with the bigger teams who supply them their stuff). A lot of change in the sport (most are diversifying into other industries); even in the dirt world pieces are becoming more 'chassis builder' specialized. CNC machines are more affordable and becoming very user friendly, less suppliers and more 'home grown' parts.