PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone think of this dude?

dirty-white-boy
12-15-2018, 09:43 AM
https://www.facebook.com/DirtTrackSOM/videos/729301790773510/

nc mudcat
12-15-2018, 10:39 AM
Weird dude for sure, but right on the money!

jog49
12-15-2018, 11:14 AM
I'm afraid NASCAR has succeeded in killing interest in ALL racing at this point in time …. and beyond the point of no return. The future of most any sport depends on fresh faces constantly moving in over time and these younger generations of today don't seem the least bit interested in what was interesting to us as we were growing up.

mskdorf
12-15-2018, 11:37 AM
I thought that was spot on. Very well thought out but presented in a way that non fans wouldn’t take serious. Had a ton of good points. Needs to be mandatory for all promoters to view.

chopter
12-15-2018, 12:58 PM
nascar should go back the last 10 yrs and look at all the changes they have made and fire whomever proposed those changes. the fans havent changed the sport has.

lazyifoto
12-16-2018, 12:48 PM
I don't blame nascar for killing racing. I blame the internet for killing racing. If you liked racing you went to the races . As internet technology has progressed people have quit going because they can sit at home and watch a live feed from somebody that is at the races. I am guilty of watching some myself. NASCAR hasn't helped racing but it is not nearly s damaging as the internet..In the earlier days of chat alot of tracks did away with track chat because it was more damaging than good,it drove people away and caused little sh!t to become bigger sh!t.......The internet has killed racing....

kazual
12-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Don’t think it has killed NASCAR but it has changed it like many other parts of our society. In the heyday TV ratings as well as gate attendance were at all time highs. The product on the track, I.E. the racing, just isn’t that entertaining at present. Add we are not in love with high performance automobiles like in the past and most of today’s youth are not “gear heads” like a lot of us were in NASCAR’s prime. The part where you are correct is the internet offers entertainment alternatives to racing. And 2008-2010 had a severe economic impact on a lot of NASCAR’s fan base and on a lot of corporate sponsorships. I don’t know how it gets turned around quite frankly.

play4kps
12-17-2018, 11:21 AM
The biggest thing that killed dirt track racing is the big touring series with their big time sponsors promoting their expensive stuff given to the top drivers at no charge! The average weekly guy has given up on trying to be competitive any longer. We no longer see the best racers in the country anymore. We see the best funded. Call me negative if you chose, that is the sad state of dirt racing. Series points for provisionals at crown jewels, are you serious, Earl would be rolling over in his grave. Earn it or load up like everyone else!

Mod Runner
12-18-2018, 02:03 AM
There are many reasons why there are not as many fans going to races today. People have far too many demands on their time to find time for going to races. Race organizations tried to increase competition by prohibiting modern day engines with overhead cams and hemi-heads from racing. Todays potential new fans find very little interest in watching the old pushrod engines still used in oval track racing.

Tireguy17
12-18-2018, 07:10 AM
The thing Nascar and dirt track (mainly late models) racing do have in common is that engineering and aerodynamics have hurt the on track product. All Nascar has tried to do since the COT is to disturb the air enough to improve passing. The 2019 aero package, based on the 2018 All Star race setup, is their latest effort. Then listen to alot of DoD post-race interviews, and you can't listen to many where someone says "getting out front in clean air was key to winning" or "If I got too close to the car in front of me, I lost the front end steering."

There are alot of things that have played into racing's issues, but engineering and advances in technology do not help.

TS FAN
12-18-2018, 07:30 AM
Nascar needs for the young guns to start winning. AS for the on going changes to make it better? I don't blame them for trying. Far to much time talking about its championship points which has a lot to do with luck at the right time rather than a championship season, but it is what it is. I still watch every race and enjoy it.

Clayton_Wetter
12-19-2018, 05:52 PM
Nascar needs for the young guns to start winning. AS for the on going changes to make it better? I don't blame them for trying. Far to much time talking about its championship points which has a lot to do with luck at the right time rather than a championship season, but it is what it is. I still watch every race and enjoy it.

Maybe NASCAR needs to water the track..... Jus kiddin

slideiton
12-19-2018, 06:24 PM
The dude is a solid duche. The crazy connections he makes to NASCAR and dirt racing in general mean that I pretty much block him from any of the groups I see his videos in.

Krooser
12-20-2018, 02:17 AM
SOME good ideas but he's inaccurate about a ton of things in that video. All mouth no brains.

hucktyson
12-20-2018, 03:36 AM
The dude is either on crack or heroic doses of PVC glue .... rambling incoherent moron

Barbecueboy
12-20-2018, 06:58 AM
Maybe NASCAR needs to water the track..... Jus kiddin

NASCAR needs to run races on tracks they have to water.......

waaac77
12-20-2018, 07:51 AM
Would love to see some videos of regular 4m posters and how they’d look/act. Some people can’t even type complete sentences. One guy puts a capital letter for every word in each paragraph!

NormP
12-20-2018, 09:21 AM
I may be wrong but I think the forum software does that automatically because some of these inbreds are so stupid they type everything in capital letters and it's a way to reduce the effect of an entire paragraph being capitalized.

tb1545
12-20-2018, 12:36 PM
If you meet the guy in person, you can tell a lot of the videos are for reaction. Also its very hard to tell in the videos when hes serious and when hes being sarcastic. He has a lot of opinions and ideas some very good and some not so good, but 95% of the videos is to get views. People dont watch a video thats vanilla and monotone. His videos generate reactions both good and bad, and in the land of being a podcast/ streamer personality, a reaction is a view no matter if its good or bad. and views are what generates revenue for him.
As well as racing he also does political videos. But if you hear about the guys life story its actually pretty interesting.

dirty-white-boy
12-21-2018, 12:27 PM
How or where do I get to hear his life story?