PDA

View Full Version : Herman Burton passes

RPetro95
12-16-2018, 09:39 AM
Herman Burton from Columbus, Indiana passed away Friday at the age of 77. He was a former racer himself along with being a successful car owner and crew chief for various drivers.

My Dad raced for him several years then after Herman quit owning cars he helped Dad on the red 0 car that we had.

Herman also had brothers Harold and Troy that were heavily involved in racing and Harold has a grandson Broc that is still active in racing mods today.Obviously that makes Herman an Uncle to Gary who raced mods and late models and had a successful career.

Heavy ties to dirt track racing in this family. As Herman had not been involved in racing in recent years he was always keeping track of what was happening.

Herman was one of a kind and I'm very saddened in his passing. I ask you to please keep all of his close friends and family in your thoughts and prayers in days to come.

Thank You, Randy Petro#95

Highwayman
12-16-2018, 10:25 AM
Thoughts and prayers to Herman's family.

wino32
12-21-2018, 08:59 AM
Herman Burton from Columbus, Indiana passed away Friday at the age of 77. He was a former racer himself along with being a successful car owner and crew chief for various drivers.

My Dad raced for him several years then after Herman quit owning cars he helped Dad on the red 0 car that we had.

Herman also had brothers Harold and Troy that were heavily involved in racing and Harold has a grandson Broc that is still active in racing mods today.Obviously that makes Herman an Uncle to Gary who raced mods and late models and had a successful career.

Heavy ties to dirt track racing in this family. As Herman had not been involved in racing in recent years he was always keeping track of what was happening.

Herman was one of a kind and I'm very saddened in his passing. I ask you to please keep all of his close friends and family in your thoughts and prayers in days to come.

Thank You, Randy Petro#95

sorry for your loss----prayers to family and friends