PDA

View Full Version : Marlar/Delk Rocket car

MI Dirt Fan
12-16-2018, 10:56 AM
I see where Marlars WoO championship Rocket car was bought and shipped to Australia. Still has the original body.

http://www.motorplex.com.au/who-will-win/

TBSprintFan
12-16-2018, 10:50 PM
I wonder what it costs to ship these cars over there?

One Man Gang
12-16-2018, 11:05 PM
Wombat siht crazy amount probably

manwplan
12-17-2018, 07:30 AM
And the dude is slow. Started on the pole and got lapped by Stubber in the race I watched. Just goes to show you that the car isn't magic. Also shows you how weak the competition is over there. Stubber is a 15th place car at best over here on the Summer nationals . Over there he looks like Bloomquist.

MI Dirt Fan
12-17-2018, 08:50 AM
Well it's obviously shipped on a boat. Jeep Vanwormer had a few cars bought and shipped down there yrs ago but never heard how much it cost.

slideiton
12-17-2018, 10:47 AM
Well it's obviously shipped on a boat. Jeep Vanwormer had a few cars bought and shipped down there yrs ago but never heard how much it cost.

A quick google machine search says in today's money, your looking at about 2500 USD to ship to Australia.

MI Dirt Fan
12-17-2018, 10:54 AM
That's not too bad. I'm sure rocket has something setup with a shipper since they ship stuff fairly often I would think.

President Clinton
12-17-2018, 11:03 AM
Steve Francis use to ship cars over there for some guys I believe?

Josh Bayko
12-17-2018, 11:35 AM
All of the late models over there are American chassis. I’d imagine they probably have some kind of deal going on where they stuff as much stuff as they can in each container and somehow split costs among the guys that need stuff shipped.

MI Dirt Fan
12-17-2018, 11:47 AM
I think Bloomquist has a few cars over there. Didn't Vosenberg or something buy one this year. Raced it a time or two.

One Man Gang
12-17-2018, 12:26 PM
A quick google machine search says in today's money, your looking at about 2500 USD to ship to Australia.
I figured it would be a lot more than that

Krooser
12-17-2018, 07:16 PM
I have sold a few Triumph roadsters to Europe over the years and I paid about $700.00 to ship a 20' container.

When I was into traditional hot rodding I sold a ton of stuff to the Aussies and Kiwi's and they would park a container in Charlotte at a hot rod friendly shop and fill it to the brim with parts. One container I saw had five Model A Ford's disassembled and stashed among other parts... pretty creative blokes.

zyoung25
12-17-2018, 11:55 PM
A friend of mine bought a 87 Buick GNX from California and had it shipped to his house in Mississippi, and it cost him about 900 bucks through some guy with a climate controlled enclosed trailer and dually. I'm sure if you go through reliable or something like that it would cost ya big. I didn't feel like 900 was too shabby for that distance.

I always figured it would be outrageous to ship something big. Surprisingly, it's not.

TBSprintFan
12-18-2018, 01:59 AM

That's not too bad at all. Talked to a guy in Knoxville at the Nationals from Australia a few years ago and he said he was buying a new truck in the U.S. on his trip and havingit shipped back home and after shipping he still expected to save over $15000 .

chupp n bloomer fan
12-18-2018, 03:42 AM
A friend of mine bought a 87 Buick GNX from California and had it shipped to his house in Mississippi, and it cost him about 900 bucks through some guy with a climate controlled enclosed trailer and dually. I'm sure if you go through reliable or something like that it would cost ya big. I didn't feel like 900 was too shabby for that distance.

I always figured it would be outrageous to ship something big. Surprisingly, it's not.Them were bad a** cars. My old neighbor growing up, a girl, had one from brand new, in mint condition.

Highwayman
12-18-2018, 10:07 AM
Them were bad a** cars. My old neighbor growing up, a girl, had one from brand new, in mint condition.

I had a friend with one too(GNX), wicked fast for the time and dead sexy. They have videos of Hellcats on youtube dusting off stock GNX's now, but they are like half the HP so c'mon, what they expect and NO traction control on GNX, is was all on you(the way it should be).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dNxHkveTVY

Sorry for hijacking, but I loved the Grand Nationals.

JCSullivan00
12-18-2018, 12:30 PM
I had a friend with one too(GNX), wicked fast for the time and dead sexy. They have videos of Hellcats on youtube dusting off stock GNX's now, but they are like half the HP so c'mon, what they expect and NO traction control on GNX, is was all on you(the way it should be).

Sorry for hijacking, but I loved the Grand Nationals.

A stock GNX made 276 horsepower, and a stock Hellcat makes 707hp. Not even sure why they would race those cars head to head. It's no contest.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-18-2018, 04:11 PM

Sorry for hijacking, but I loved the Grand Nationals.That’s just a dumb race. 30+ years technology difference and as 00 said, the hp difference is ridiculous. Let someone with a say 600 hp GNX race a Hellcat and I think it’d beat them. Then there’s the Dodge Demon. Ouch

chupp n bloomer fan
12-18-2018, 04:12 PM
Last hijack, I really wanna in a few years get a Dodge Charger SRT 392.

JCSullivan00
12-18-2018, 04:21 PM
Last hijack, I really wanna in a few years get a Dodge Charger SRT 392.

The SRTs are fun and all, but man, you're giving up 250 horsepower to a Hellcat. lol.

I'd eat those SRTs up all day in my CTS-V, and do it in luxury. I sold it before I got in trouble with it.

Josh Bayko
12-18-2018, 04:26 PM
The SRTs are fun and all, but man, you're giving up 250 horsepower to a Hellcat. lol.

I'd eat those SRTs up all day in my CTS-V, and do it in luxury. I sold it before I got in trouble with it.

My dream street rod is an 86’ Cutlass Ciera Cruiser with wood grain in the sides with the driveline out of a CTS-V. Sleeper of the century.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-18-2018, 07:27 PM

I'd eat those SRTs up all day in my CTS-V, and do it in luxury. I sold it before I got in trouble with it.The SRT 392 isn’t the Scat Pack one. Fancier, adjustable suspension, interior, etc. They are around $45-$50k new, Hellcats are I think $75k. I’d buy used. Just be picky.

If you had a 2016 one or newer for sure man. They are going to quit making them in 19’. Don’t get me wrong, I like the V, and the discontinued SS, but just like the look of the Charger, but the V or SS I’d entertain too.

zyoung25
12-19-2018, 12:38 AM
The hellcat charger is a bad piece for a stock car. It's on my bucket list of cars to own before I croak.

Jim11h
12-19-2018, 02:11 AM
Y'all crack me up. Wish had pics of buddies collection (retirement fund). He's got a sema winning truck, several solid rides and then a street legal drag car that "detuned" pushing 2300hp. Yea he's got some bada*s stuff! Cool thing is he literally owns a model T to a hellcat for his wife, just saying. Y'all ever think we're putting our retirement money in wrong spot (401k)?

JCSullivan00
12-19-2018, 11:31 AM
Josh Bayko, any reason for a Cutlass Ciera? That just doesn't scream cool to me. Everyone has that one quirky car they like for some odd reason.

I can't decide if I want to get back in the off-roading game, or buy a square body c-10 and put a turbo ls motor in it. It's gotten so cheap to get a 5.3 motor out of a truck and toss an ebay turbo on it, that it isn't even fair.

Mantis
12-19-2018, 12:16 PM

Recently the wife was wanting something more refined than the Wrangler so we checked out the ATS series......and of course I chose the ATS-V coupe. Wow, very impressed with the performance....probably out drives my heavily modded Nissan Z.

Kinda sucks it's the wife's daily but at least I can now play around modding the Jeep.

OP - sorry for the major thread jack.

devil6
12-20-2018, 05:59 AM

yr looking at $7500 USD for a 20 foot container or around $8500 USD for a 40 footer from US to Australia. you can get 2 cars and a heap of gear in a 20 footer if you pack it smart