PDA

View Full Version : 2019 world of outlaw rookies

zyoung25
12-17-2018, 06:12 PM
#WoOCraftLMS News: 2019 Rookie of the Year candidates revealed! Six new drivers will join us on tour next year - Ricky Weiss Racing, G.R. Smith Motorsports, Cade Dillard Racing, Blake Spencer, Chuck Hummer and Kyle Hardy!

Read: http://woolms.com/news/latest-news/2563-2019-rookie-of-the-year-roster-looking-strong

I swiped this from the outlaw Facebook page a few mins ago. Thoughts?

Jim11h
12-17-2018, 06:17 PM
Really Chuck Hummer?? His last foray in DLM ended messy, can't imagine this one going any better. He's a 19th place car locally

thexfactor0210
12-17-2018, 06:19 PM
What do you mean it ended messy

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-17-2018, 06:19 PM
It will be interesting to see how long G R smith last

Illtsate32
12-17-2018, 06:28 PM
If Weiss gets off to a strong start he will win the title...

huskerdirt
12-17-2018, 06:36 PM

GR wont even make it out of volusia.

SHOE32
12-17-2018, 06:48 PM
Gonna be between cade dillard and ricky weiss all year.

Josh Bayko
12-17-2018, 06:50 PM

Him winning the title would be extraordinarily unlikely. Will he win a few races? Sure. Will he be consistent enough at all the tracks he’s never seen to beat Sheppard, Madden or Clanton? Nope.

Jking24
12-17-2018, 07:07 PM
I would hope he means the rookie title

Pennsboro23
12-17-2018, 07:14 PM

No. He’s never been on a National tour, he’s going to be competing against Rocket1, and Madden every weekend. He will finished 5-6th. with 3-4 wins.

Dirtking2512
12-17-2018, 07:35 PM
If everything goes good for Weiss he should win ROY hands down and take home third place in the point standing behind Madden and Shepherd

Pennsboro23
12-17-2018, 07:48 PM
If everything goes good for Weiss he should win ROY hands down and take home third place in the point standing behind Madden and Shepherd

People are severely under estimating how hard first year on tour is especially against veterans like Shepp, Madden, Clanton, and possibly Lanigan and Overton.

Illtsate32
12-17-2018, 07:49 PM
I didnt think he could sustain consistency last year after Arizona but I was proved wrong. If Bloomer keeps him fresh cars and setups I like his chances. Funding to do the whole grind is what concerns me more than anything...

Illtsate32
12-17-2018, 07:52 PM
People are severely under estimating how hard first year on tour is especially against veterans like Shepp, Madden, Clanton, and possibly Lanigan and Overton.

I can get behind that, but last year I kept saying oh they're going here or there they prob wont run that good, and he would run great..the on track results im not worried about. The grind of the tour however I think will be a lot for anybody not used to it. But like I said if he can get out of Florida in good shape I like his chances with Bloomer in his corner...

MI Dirt Fan
12-17-2018, 07:59 PM
I figured Weiss would join WoO like I said a couple times. Still makes me wonder though if Bloomquist does run WoO this year. He's still able to hit most if not all of the big Lucas events.

MI Dirt Fan
12-17-2018, 08:00 PM

What's the over/under???

Of the 6 I only see 2 still left on tour at the end.

thexfactor0210
12-17-2018, 08:11 PM
I see no way GR Smith or Kyle Hardy finish the tour...

flagone
12-17-2018, 08:11 PM
Pretty surprised to see everyone is counting Hardy out of the running.

Illtsate32
12-17-2018, 08:16 PM
I dont have any game film on Hardy to have an opinion of him lol...

Barbecueboy
12-17-2018, 08:20 PM
I'll take the over on gr smith making it past volusia.....

ZERO25
12-17-2018, 08:37 PM
My money is on Blakey boy! :)

No_Weak_Links
12-17-2018, 08:39 PM
Is GR Smith driving the car?

MI Dirt Fan
12-17-2018, 09:11 PM
Says in the article Hummer has two new CT 525's crate engines he's going to run full time. Then he says he ran the whole summer Nationals finished 10th. Same body and parts on the car all year. He finished worse than other guys that didn't even run the entire event.

“I’m hoping to prove, just like I did on the Summer Nationals tour, that you can go out there with a $15,000 racecar and a $12,000 motor and be competitive against the team that has an unlimited budget and a $90,000 racecar,” Hummer said.

I don't think he makes it passed Speedweeks. If he eveen let alone makes it to FL.

MI Dirt Fan
12-17-2018, 09:12 PM

That's what the article says. And I read it twice to be sure. lol

Josh Bayko
12-17-2018, 09:43 PM
Pretty surprised to see everyone is counting Hardy out of the running.

He’s come a long way in pretty short amount of time, but I think running the WoO might humble him a bit, but he’ll be a better driver because of it.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-17-2018, 10:45 PM
GR wont even make it out of volusia.

Just wanted to give him a lil xtra time

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-17-2018, 10:51 PM
What's the over/under???

Your prolly right on that figure. Might b the DAILY DOUBLE

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-17-2018, 10:52 PM

Good question

Thanks mi d fan saw ur post after posting this

racincowboy02
12-17-2018, 11:30 PM
Ok so htis Hummer guy says he is going to run the full tour with a CT525 crate motor. How is that going to work out for him I mean every crate motor i have seen that has tried to compete with the open motor guys just runs way slower and isn't competitive surely to goodness hes not going to run a full tour and finish dead last and be able to run an entire tour

zyoung25
12-17-2018, 11:39 PM
I think it'll be between Dillard and Weiss. Dillard really hasn't traveled that much in te late model until this year. He's done the USMTS stuff before, so he's no dummy when it comes to travel and stiff competition. I think Weiss will take it in the end because of his experience with these type of cars and who he has behind him. Hardy is good too, but I dont think he is as good as Weiss and Dillard. I dont see the rest making much noise at all. That Hummer guy is going to get a rude awakening going to Volusia with a crate engine.

Best of luck to all though.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-18-2018, 03:47 AM
Weiss, Hardy, and Dillard definitely can make it. Weiss obviously with the edge if he performs as he was last year. Yes I know he was cheating at the NS ha ha.

The guy with crates, man, at Clarksville, Macon, etc ok, a heavier bigger track, I dunno, I just see you being severely under powered.

GR is GR. And Blake is Blake.

Highside Hustler25
12-18-2018, 05:00 AM
Really Chuck Hummer?? His last foray in DLM ended messy, can't imagine this one going any better. He's a 19th place car locally

This is hysterical. I mean, he couldn't get out of his own way on the Hell Tour last year. He now wants to run WoO? Would be like Mike Hamerlee jumpin on the Lucas Tour.
And with a crate engine? ROFLMAO.

bullring
12-18-2018, 06:33 AM
Any photos of the Hummer car? I don’t even remember hearing the name on the Summernationals last year

MI Dirt Fan
12-18-2018, 06:55 AM
The way I interpreted it. He made it sound like the WoO tour is nothing compared to the Summer Nationals. I'm not saying the Summer Nationals is second rate.

manwplan
12-18-2018, 07:36 AM
The point made of only 2 making the whole year, most likely decided by Memorial Day isn't a knock on anyone. It is actually common sense and reality. If you aren't the top 2 rookies by May most likely you aren't in the top 10 in points. At that point you are dragging all over for nothing. It makes financial sense at that point to drop out.

Josh Bayko
12-18-2018, 07:40 AM
The point made of only 2 making the whole year, most likely decided by Memorial Day isn't a knock on anyone. It is actually common sense and reality. If you aren't the top 2 rookies by May most likely you aren't in the top 10 in points. At that point you are dragging all over for nothing. It makes financial sense at that point to drop out.

Yes and no. As long as you're still making every show, you get tow money. Somebody like Hummer could actually probably turn a modest profit on tow money alone.

waaac77
12-18-2018, 10:20 AM
Does woo pay tow money to you if you’ve been to every show? Thought it was the top 12 in points or something. Maybe that was from the dirty dozen days? Can’t imagine start and park teams actually making money in late models, maybe on the sprint series.

MI Dirt Fan
12-18-2018, 10:32 AM
Lucas pays top 12. Not sure about WoO

No_Weak_Links
12-18-2018, 11:42 AM
That's what the article says. And I read it twice to be sure. lol

He would be better off to put Casey Roberts in it than drive it himself.

manwplan
12-18-2018, 11:51 AM
Yes and no. As long as you're still making every show, you get tow money. Somebody like Hummer could actually probably turn a modest profit on tow money alone.

WoO gives show up money to the top 10 in points. If you aren't in the top 10 you aren't getting anything other than what you earned that night. So Chuck Hummer unless he miraculously gets in the top 10 in points will be earning $100 unless there is a short field. And only the top 10 in points get a point check. Unless this has all changed recently.

MI Dirt Fan
12-18-2018, 12:20 PM
WoO dates added to the schedule.

http://www.weissracing7.com/events.html

Dlmfan123
12-18-2018, 12:21 PM
Last year everybody running the tour going into Volusia got at least 300 show up money and pit passes

dirty-white-boy
12-18-2018, 12:22 PM
What's the over/under???

I will take the under for $50 Alex

Josh Bayko
12-18-2018, 12:55 PM
WoO gives show up money to the top 10 in points. If you aren't in the top 10 you aren't getting anything other than what you earned that night. So Chuck Hummer unless he miraculously gets in the top 10 in points will be earning $100 unless there is a short field. And only the top 10 in points get a point check. Unless this has all changed recently.

They changed tow money from top 10 to everybody who shows up at every show when craftsman signed on.

Drop Shock
12-18-2018, 03:52 PM
I’m not saying Ricky Weiss is Mike Marlar but I think he’ll end up top 3 in points and have a chance at the title. He’s definitely no stranger to racing a lot of racies and traveling up and down the road.

MI Dirt Fan
12-18-2018, 03:55 PM
From July 6th up to the USA Nationals is basically in his back yard. I dunno top 3. Maybe top 5.

PushinTheLimit
12-19-2018, 12:37 PM
Is the 525 even legal to run WoO or Lucas? I thought they weren't cause of the coil pack deal.

dirty-white-boy
12-19-2018, 12:37 PM
Bshepp is his only real competition. Clanton is nobody, 29 may win a few just because Bshepp and Weiss will have off nights. Madden maybe, i still say it was a dumb move to not do things the Wright Way.

Pennsboro23
12-19-2018, 12:59 PM
Bshepp is his only real competition. Clanton is nobody, 29 may win a few just because Bshepp and Weiss will have off nights. Madden maybe, i still say it was a dumb move to not do things the Wright Way.

25 has won the WoO title and knows what it takes to get it done. Everybody forgets the year before his WoO title, he was bad like he was this year. With him and Madden together, they'll win some races. Weiss has more competition than just Sheppy.

MI Dirt Fan
12-19-2018, 01:27 PM
Is the 525 even legal to run WoO or Lucas? I thought they weren't cause of the coil pack deal.

I looked in the 2018 WoO rules under section 15.0 and found this. There was no mention of the word crate anywhere.

F. Only a single distributor and magneto will be permitted. Coil pack and/or engines that have individual ignition systems,
electronic or mechanical for each cylinder will not be permitted.

Jim11h
12-19-2018, 01:49 PM
There's a conversion kit

kazual
12-19-2018, 03:06 PM
Seems there is lots of high expectations for Weiss. First time around for many tracks and running against this level of competition night in and night out, we shall see.

dirty-white-boy
12-20-2018, 11:50 AM
25 has won the WoO title and knows what it takes to get it done. Everybody forgets the year before his WoO title, he was bad like he was this year. With him and Madden together, they'll win some races. Weiss has more competition than just Sheppy.

25 can't hang, his glory days are over. sorry

waaac77
12-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Clanton will be back to form next year, sorry

Weiss will be fun to watch. Winning Lucas or WoO is always a tall task for anyone even Bloomer, JD or BShep. Gotta have some luck on your side too. Hoping to just see him win a few WoO features and finish in top 3 in points. I think that’s realistic but if he wins the deal then we could have a young rising star.

MI Dirt Fan
12-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Clanton racing at Senoia full time next year?

Links
12-20-2018, 03:44 PM
Google Chuck Hummer Con for chits and giggles

MI Dirt Fan
12-20-2018, 05:07 PM
Google Chuck Hummer Con for chits and giggles

The dating site review?

Jim11h
12-20-2018, 10:12 PM
Hahahahahahaha...... That's a funny read there at sugar daddies lmao. Wondered when someone would bring up Google, a person can't hide these days!!

T3GJason47
12-21-2018, 12:45 PM
Chuck is a con artist that cant tell the truth. I know for a fact that hes ripped a few people off. Seen it with my own eyes. I dont need google to see thru him. If the man told me the sun was out I'd have to go look for myself. If by chance this fool does run the WoO tour. Im guessing hes been dishonest with people to do it.

MI Dirt Fan
12-21-2018, 01:00 PM
What's the story behind him having veterans from each tour stop help him out as pit crew ?

T3GJason47
12-21-2018, 01:07 PM
I dont know anything about that. But im guessing he is gonna benefit from it somehow. The guy isnt a good guy. I seen him take pictures of a toter home and then post them online telling people it was his. He dont race is home track because his burnt about every bridge in racing around there.

TerryM
12-21-2018, 02:12 PM
The wife and I will be pulling for Kyle Hardy.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-21-2018, 02:53 PM
I dont know anything about that. But im guessing he is gonna benefit from it somehow. The guy isnt a good guy. I seen him take pictures of a toter home and then post them online telling people it was his. He dont race is home track because his burnt about every bridge in racing around there.Man, just Googled him. I wouldn’t wanna be anywhere near him. He’s going to get seriously jacked up by someone. Sure has left his mark.

Zonks32x
12-21-2018, 05:16 PM
If you're WoO and wrg do you really want a guy like that around...and representing your brand?

Can't wait to see the "Sugar Daddy" Chuck Hummer t-shirts for sale at the souvenir trailer. Sure it has a catchy slogan....like,
"Blowin' all my money on skanks, not horespower."

chupp n bloomer fan
12-21-2018, 05:23 PM
If you're WoO and wrg do you really want a guy like that around...and representing your brand?

Can't wait to see the "Sugar Daddy" Chuck Hummer t-shirts for sale at the souvenir trailer. Sure it has a catchy slogan....like,
"Blowin' all my money on skanks, not horespower."Sounds like he’s blowing the skanks money, and their families money, not his.

MI Dirt Fan
12-21-2018, 05:29 PM
I dont know anything about that. But im guessing he is gonna benefit from it somehow. The guy isnt a good guy. I seen him take pictures of a toter home and then post them online telling people it was his. He dont race is home track because his burnt about every bridge in racing around there.

"He’ll have his own business, Service Drive Solutions, on the car, as well as an organization that will headline his entire operation. Little Blessings Veteran and Community Outreach, a nonprofit organization that helps veterans get back into their communities through activity-based programs, will be on the side of Hummer’s car in 2019, as well as on his pit crew. In fact, that’s all his pit crew will be, each night. A different group of veterans in each city the Series stops at will come out to the track and make up Hummer’s pit crew."

Jim11h
12-21-2018, 06:40 PM
Whoa...... There is a new level of low that I did not know existed

Highside Hustler25
12-22-2018, 04:57 AM
I guess this is how desperate the WoO are for competitors.
There is no way this guy can be competitive on a National tour. He couldn't race his way into a Hell Tour race last year. If it wasn't for the eventual provisionals he received or making the feature by inadequate car counts, he never would have raced a A main. And them Outlaw boys are a whole lot tougher.

Josh Bayko
12-22-2018, 07:23 AM
There is no way this guy can be competitive on a National tour. He couldn't race his way into a Hell Tour race last year. If it wasn't for the eventual provisionals he received or making the feature by inadequate car counts, he never would have raced a A main. And them Outlaw boys are a whole lot tougher.

I mean, results wise, he’s not unlike Colton Flinner going out on the Lucas tour. Colton came out of it a much better driver, though.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-22-2018, 08:00 AM
And I don’t think Colton is a shady character like ole Playa Hummer.

Josh Bayko
12-22-2018, 10:17 AM
Definitely not. Colton is a really nice kid.

TerryM
12-22-2018, 11:21 AM
You're going to judge this series, based on the character of one driver? What about the other series?

chupp n bloomer fan
12-22-2018, 11:28 AM
You're going to judge this series, based on the character of one driver? What about the other series?I didn’t know they had a guy ripping people off and pretending to be a millionaire. Lying to women, stealing from their families, and so on. I mean if there is, let’s hear it Pastor Terry.

TerryM
12-22-2018, 11:36 AM
Wow. Merry Christmas, dude.

TackyTracker
12-22-2018, 12:21 PM
I like Weiss and think he broke through last year but to step up to Outlaws and finish in top 5 of points I think would be a great achievement.. However I don't see it going down that way.. He should win a few races and make it exciting along the way

Rsr fan
12-22-2018, 07:11 PM
This is Chuck Hummer I would like to give my opinion on bashing me. First of all I grew up in Late model racing my uncle Bill Hahn taught me everything I know about this sport. I'm 44 been racing late models since 2006 I have owned my own business for 20 years representing a lot of great brands in the automotive industry I'm also Ford Master Certified in Dealership Fixed Operations. Was married 15 years with no kids. I will admit I made some questiontable dating decions and some bad business deals over the years but anyone as you can see from this thread can post anything they want on the internet true or untrue on any site they wish I just happen to have some haters in my area that must be jealous that I get to go race where I want and live how I want. Now as to my character I have over 1k customers who have done business with me and several local well known racers like Brian Ruhlman, Ron Miller, CJ Rayburn always paid my bill and paid it on my own. As far as racing goes I have sponsored the Late Model Division at Attica Raceway even gave 2 chassis away, sponsored nerous drivers, provided rides to drivers when there cars were broke even the 3 time UMP champ Rusty Schlenk who I think is one of the best most underfunded driver out there. I gave Amy Bernard a car to drive for a full season at Oakshade Raceway. Now as to my driving career I have made races, I have taken provisionals and yes I have even raced all the best win, lose, or go home I showed up all of the country to race because I love it not because I'm there to win because I'm there to compete and experience tracks and fans and people....As to the Summer Nationals I set out with an untested 525 and the first 12 races the motor had problems but thanks to Willy's and CJ Rayburn we got her fixed and once again I showed up to compete by myself for,30 days and guess what my goal was a top 10 finish in the end which I accomplished provisionals or not I made it to the end the same body the same the same car all by myself. Now to my sponsors I have never taken a dime from one company to fund my race car it's all me. As to my new sponsor Little Blessings I'm proud to help them spread the word about our Veterans and guess what not one dime from them I'm using my money to help spread the word and allow these Veterans a chance to experience what I get to do week after week when I go racing. As to Google why don't you Google my LinkedIn page, Chuck Hummer Racing Facebook page or my you tube page where I speak to underprivledged kids as a motivational speaker so for all the bad untrue lies about me there is so much good ...so if any one wants to tour my business, my race shop or help with the Veterans please contact me at 419-388-0565...I will not waste no more time defending myself from those people who like to run there mouth but have never put a car on the track or gave back to there community's but instead want to bash someone's life behind a keyboard. Thanks

rmrc
12-23-2018, 07:43 AM
12 hours.....crickets

GRT32
12-23-2018, 08:13 AM
have to give a guy credit that shows up to race by himself, never heard of him, obviously he loves dirt racing. good luck sir!

TUTY
12-23-2018, 08:35 AM
People on here bashing everything are pathetic.

huskerdirt
12-23-2018, 09:17 AM
Your Facebook page was literally created after you posted. Stop thinking we are all stupid.

Barbecueboy
12-23-2018, 10:23 AM
Your Facebook page was literally created after you posted. Stop thinking we are all stupid.

Some of "us"are stupid....

Rsr fan
12-23-2018, 10:29 AM
Your Facebook page was literally created after you posted. Stop thinking we are all stupid.Chuck Hummer Racing was created because my other page was Charles Hummer Motorsports been around for yesrs and I figured some people might not be to bright as to what my real name is.

dirt crow
12-23-2018, 11:52 AM
Volusia will be same as always. Emergency provisionals galore!!!

Bigdirtfan
12-23-2018, 02:27 PM
This whole thread has been hilarious. My dad is a veteran, i will have to let him know he can join chucks crew and still be home for bed early in the evening. Im also wondering are there dating sites where i can meet millionaire women.

Cooter Davenport
12-23-2018, 03:21 PM
Mr. Hummer, the best thing you can do is don't feed the trolls....or.... you could take the 4M Ride to Popularity, the same road that people like Rusty Schlenk, "The MoonMan" Jim Moon and a few others have taken due to all the a$$ clowns that have never done anything in the sport but ride the keyboards.. But, these people can actually bring you some notoriety with some of their nonsense bashing....LOL

On a side note, if I owned a T-Shirt company, I would be offering to make the shirts for you "The Sugar Daddy" Chuck Hummer Shirts would be a hit!

Zonks32x
12-23-2018, 06:13 PM
Thank you Cooter...those shirts would sell like crazy

Rsr fan
12-23-2018, 07:13 PM
Thank you Cooter...those shirts would sell like crazyI'm on it your right...I will make sure I have those t-shirts ...and I'm taking the high road I just wanted to post to clear the air and to invite anyone to see our operation and I look forward to racing in a few weeks! Happy Holidays

chupp n bloomer fan
12-24-2018, 06:52 AM
We shall see how the season goes. Chirp chirp

T3GJason47
12-26-2018, 06:32 AM
Between the misspelled words and poor grammar. What exactly did you clear up? You're a joke and always will be. You cant tell the truth about anything. You dont do anything unless you feel you will benefit from it. So get on here all you want and play the victim. I know what I know about you cause I live in the same area. And congrats for traveling to all the races and taking a provisional. Must be a good feeling. What happened to your Landers car and open motor you were telling people you had? Last I heard was you were at Hutch's shop telling all the guys you were gonna race Attica with it that night. Some of us went. And you were nowhere around there.

Zonks32x
12-26-2018, 04:53 PM
Just to clarify, I'm not taking sides, you two feel free to fire away at each other from now until the cows come home.

That said...
TG3, if your first bullet out of the holster is to criticize Mr. Hummer's misspelled words and grammar, at a minimum, spell the word "traveling" correctly in your own post.

You two carry on...making the Buckeye state proud.

I don't often talk to Ohio State grads, but when I do, I order large fries.

zyoung25
12-26-2018, 07:26 PM
"i don't often talk to Ohio State grads, but when I do, I order large fries.

You assuming that everyone that lives in Ohio goes to OSU? I dont see where either one of those guys said they did.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-26-2018, 07:41 PM
Just to clarify, I'm not taking sides, you two feel free to fire away at each other from now until the cows come home.

That said...
TG3, if your first bullet out of the holster is to criticize Mr. Hummer's misspelled words and grammar, at a minimum, spell the word "traveling" correctly in your own post.

You two carry on...making the Buckeye state proud.

I don't often talk to Ohio State grads, but when I do, I order large fries.So there’s no idiots where you live? Lump us all into their category. As if there aren’t a lot of great OSU grads. And whose to say who graduated from OSU. My oldest wants to go to OSU and I’m all for it. Great area.

Your smarter than that anyway Zonks. Where there’s smoke there’s fire with the guy you guys are starting to defend.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-26-2018, 07:42 PM
You’re ...........

Barbecueboy
12-26-2018, 09:46 PM
Osu fans are a lot like pierce fans......always feelin disrespected.

I like seeing them lose only because it pains my ex in laws so much, and they are buckeye freaks complete with spare room for osu shrine.....osu shag carpeting and all.

Plus , their son is a punk who lives and breathes osu .......when he isn't mistreating women.

Other than that , got no beef with the Buckeyes.

Zonks32x
12-27-2018, 12:12 AM
C&B,

I am NOT defending the "Sugar Daddy" and if you read my previous post on this thread you'll clearly see that.

My point was and still is if someone is going to attack another person for their spelling/grammar they had better have their own $#!@ together.

As far as my comments on OSU, I'll stand by them 100%. They sold their soul long ago to put football above everything else, and anyone or anything that gets in the way of that train gets run over.

As recent events proved yet again, there's the standard OSU would like you to believe they uphold, and then there's the Uncle Urban standard of what is truly most important in Columbus. Uncle Urban gets a slap on the wrist, while Woody's grandson beats his wife like a pinata. I don't recall thosands showing up to support the battered woman. I do recall thousands filing to the "Horseshoe" to protest Uncle Urban's suspension.

Are all OSU grads bad people or poor students? Of course not!!
It was a joke...but if you think OSU holds their athletes to the same standard as the rest of their students on campus or the same standards as the rest of the BIG 10, you're fooling yourself.

Are their idiots where I live? You're kidding right. Absolutely!!
I live in a state where drunks joke about how many DUI's they have because the WI tavern league has the capital in their hip pocket. (I don't find the humor in that). A state that also has a governor-elect who ran on a promise of raising taxes including a $1/gallon increase in the gas tax. We have an abundance of idiots.

Zyoung,
I'm not assuming anyone goes to OSU, but given the prior evidence submitted, it's clear they didn't attend Northwestern or Purdue.

T3GJason47
12-27-2018, 06:40 AM
I accidentally misspelled a word to his numerous ones and thats all you get out of the post? Congrats...I mean you couldnt even spell the first 3 letters/number of my name right. So what does that say about your post on OSU fans? Looks like your rant back fired.

Krooser
12-27-2018, 07:03 AM
Nothing in the rules sez an LS motor has to be stock. WoO isn't crate racing.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-27-2018, 08:43 AM
C&B,

I am NOT defending the "Sugar Daddy" and if you read my previous post on this thread you'll clearly see that.

My point was and still is if someone is going to attack another person for their spelling/grammar they had better have their own $#!@ together.

As far as my comments on OSU, I'll stand by them 100%. They sold their soul long ago to put football above everything else, and anyone or anything that gets in the way of that train gets run over.

As recent events proved yet again, there's the standard OSU would like you to believe they uphold, and then there's the Uncle Urban standard of what is truly most important in Columbus. Uncle Urban gets a slap on the wrist, while Woody's grandson beats his wife like a pinata. I don't recall thosands showing up to support the battered woman. I do recall thousands filing to the "Horseshoe" to protest Uncle Urban's suspension.

It was a joke...but if you think OSU holds their athletes to the same standard as the rest of their students on campus or the same standards as the rest of the BIG 10, you're fooling yourself.

I live in a state where drunks joke about how many DUI's they have because the WI tavern league has the capital in their hip pocket. (I don't find the humor in that). A state that also has a governor-elect who ran on a promise of raising taxes including a $1/gallon increase in the gas tax. We have an abundance of idiots.

Zyoung,
I'm not assuming anyone goes to OSU, but given the prior evidence submitted, it's clear they didn't attend Northwestern or Purdue.Oh don’t get me wrong on that one. OSU absolutely caters to crooked Urban and especially the football players.

And bringing Zach Smith with him and then playing dumb to him being a pos, wrong. And the fans getting behind Urban, wrong.

I work there a decent amount through my company and it’s still a place I’d send my kids. Just be explicit in that you stay away from the athletes, especially the football and basketball players. Kinda already covered that one anyway.

Off topic, but you can see how crappy the roads are, and if you have ever been on a job and been under some of these bridges, that gas tax should be nationwide. We haven’t raised it since like 92. It needs raised. Way more traffic, roads over used, won’t be long till there’s another bridge collapse.

I’m not an OSU homer. Hearing my radio stations, because I work in Columbus, back Urban, made me chuckle and shake my head.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-27-2018, 08:46 AM
And this guy just smells, I’m sorry, he does.

dirty-white-boy
12-27-2018, 01:06 PM
C&B,

Zyoung,
I'm not assuming anyone goes to OSU, but given the prior evidence submitted, it's clear they didn't attend Northwestern or Purdue.

BOOM!

Urban who?

Jking24
12-27-2018, 02:01 PM
Nothing in the rules sez an LS motor has to be stock. WoO isn't crate racing.Yes and no their are rules that would indirectly make a ls based engine illegal such as the lack of a distributor. Their are work arounds for this. But in that case he would not be eligible for any allowances given to a competitor running a ct525. That being said i have not taken the time to review the woo rules to verify if any of this still applies

Jim11h
12-29-2018, 01:43 AM
OSU any different than any other college, major or otherwise? They all mean extensively to their community revenue!

Waldo
12-31-2018, 03:26 PM
The ct525 engine has to be legal to run in the Woo series because he told the series that was the engine he was running when he signed up to run for Rookie of the year. He said he had 2 of those engines and will pull an open trailer with a dually. I never heard of this guy but it seems pretty cool to me.

ThebigE
01-03-2019, 02:09 PM
My money is on Blakey boy! :)

I'm pretty sure you are joking about this one. You seem to be smarter than what you just posted.

over4T
01-03-2019, 07:52 PM
Didn't go to OSU but sure enjoyed the girls that did when I worked in Columbus for a couple of years as a young stud. Urban Meyer is an Ohio boy through and through, born and brought up in the small town in NE Ohio that I'm from and the biggest success story from there barring, of course, me.

Still casually follow OSU football, probably from the Woody Hayes era, but I never attended a football game at Kent State where I went for a short while until they uninvited me back. lol

ThebigE
01-14-2019, 09:02 AM
The ct525 engine has to be legal to run in the Woo series because he told the series that was the engine he was running when he signed up to run for Rookie of the year. He said he had 2 of those engines and will pull an open trailer with a dually. I never heard of this guy but it seems pretty cool to me.

in 2019 running the WoO tour with an open trailer and CT525 motor. I'm sure he will be tough to beat. You may as well give Ricky Weiss the trophy now.

Pennsboro23
01-14-2019, 09:05 AM
Ricky will win the rookie deal hands down if he does the entire deal. Dillard looks to be a little better than expected but it's yet to be determined how good he's going to be when he gets to these tracks he's never been to.

MittenMadman
01-16-2019, 09:59 AM
How many WoO races do you have to race in to not be considered to be a rookie anymore? Seems like that Blake dude has been getting lapped in Bmains the last couple years on his “rookie campaign” for the first month or so than drops off.

Highside Hustler25
01-16-2019, 02:47 PM
I believe their is no race limit. Just wins. WoO has theirs at 5. If you have won 5 races that pay 10g to win on the tour, you are ineligible.

Zonks32x
01-16-2019, 06:14 PM
Ricky will win the rookie deal hands down if he does the entire deal. Dillard looks to be a little better than expected but it's yet to be determined how good he's going to be when he gets to these tracks he's never been to.

You are underestimating Dillard.

You can say the same thing about Weiss and seeing tracks for the first time. A lot of new real estate for both of them.

Pennsboro23
01-16-2019, 06:44 PM
You are underestimating Dillard.

You can say the same thing about Weiss and seeing tracks for the first time. A lot of new real estate for both of them.

Ricky proved last year that he’s a top 20 car in the country. Dillard hasn’t yet. Ricky will get his notes from Scott. I’d bet the farm Ricky beats Dillard if they both go the distance.

Waldo
01-16-2019, 06:59 PM
The big e, Hummer is not trying to win a trophy. You can't see the forest for the trees. This is a money deal that he has figured out to come ahead in the end. He has $30,000 dollars in his race car and he is racing against $70,000 to $80,000 dollar cars. If he makes the first woo race of the year and finishes dead last, he will still be ahead on money of the winner of the race. He has $50,000 dollars on the field. Start and park latemodel racing is on it's way...........

MI Dirt Fan
01-16-2019, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't say Weiss has been to ALOT of tracks. But I believe he's been to a few on the WoO schedule over the years. Remember though. Two other guys who run the same chassis have been to them also. McDowell and Bloomquist.

MI Dirt Fan
01-16-2019, 11:14 PM
The big e, Hummer is not trying to win a trophy. You can't see the forest for the trees. This is a money deal that he has figured out to come ahead in the end. He has $30,000 dollars in his race car and he is racing against $70,000 to $80,000 dollar cars. If he makes the first woo race of the year and finishes dead last, he will still be ahead on money of the winner of the race. He has $50,000 dollars on the field. Start and park latemodel racing is on it's way...........

He maybe ahead but those guys probably have a little more than that into thier cars. And usually when that happens many have unlimited budgets.

ThebigE
01-17-2019, 08:52 AM

The only way he makes any WoO races is if there's not a full field of cars, or provisional. And he will never be ahead in money over the rest of the field as most of these teams have unlimited budgets.

waaac77
01-17-2019, 09:24 AM
I could see the battle for rookie also being the battle for the points lead in 2019

Pennsboro23
01-17-2019, 09:39 AM
I could see the battle for rookie also being the battle for the points lead in 2019

That's crazy talk.

MI Dirt Fan
01-17-2019, 10:43 AM
Yea it is. Can we place bets on that?

Josh Bayko
01-17-2019, 11:25 AM

I could see Weiss being in contention, not so much with Dillard. Kid is good, don't get it twisted, but he doesn't have a ton of super late model experience.

Big Daddy 37
01-17-2019, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't say Weiss has been to ALOT of tracks. But I believe he's been to a few on the WoO schedule over the years. Remember though. Two other guys who run the same chassis have been to them also. McDowell and Bloomquist.

Should be a fun battle to watch... Yes Weiss has some great Hall of Fame help on tracks/cars/set ups/ etc..... But don't forget Mr. Dillard also has Hall of Fame member, Jimmy Mars and his MB Custom knowledge and car/track info, behind him as well.

Again, should be fun...

MI Dirt Fan
01-17-2019, 11:44 AM
Yes it will. And like Bayko said. Dillard doesn't have much SLM experience yet. I mean his biggest win was a $5k last week. They'll be nights when Weiss struggles and Dillard is good and vice versa. Weiss will probably finish around top 5 and Dillard probably won't be too far behind.

ThebigE
01-17-2019, 03:47 PM
I'd say Weiss has a good shot at being in contention of the championships points and not just rookie of the year. Not saying he will win it, but he will be up in the top 5 mixing it up for sure.

Dlmfan123
01-17-2019, 05:32 PM
I’ll say this I bet weiss and junghans have a run in before they leave Volusia, and by May he and madden will have some kind of run in

MI Dirt Fan
01-17-2019, 06:45 PM
Nothing is ever Madden's fault...

ZERO25
01-17-2019, 07:24 PM
Nothing is ever Madden's fault...

That's about one of the truest posts ever on 4m!

Thedoctor
01-17-2019, 08:34 PM
In my opinion, Weiss will be in contention and finish in the top 3 If he runs the whole series. He beat the best of them ( not just woo ) at the North South last year on a track he hadnt seen much. That’s impressive as hell and with his performances since and even before, It wasn’t a fluke.

MI Dirt Fan
01-26-2019, 11:39 AM
Still not expecting everyone else on the tour to run and get one after this video.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chuckhummer/status/1088811614290231296

ZERO25
01-26-2019, 03:27 PM
Still not expecting everyone else on the tour to run and get one after this video.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chuckhummer/status/1088811614290231296

He's in for a huge wake-up call at Volusia!

Cooter Davenport
01-26-2019, 03:34 PM
He's in for a huge wake-up call at Volusia!

What's the over/under on Hummer outrunning Hammerle at Volusia?

Zonks32x
01-26-2019, 03:40 PM
I suppose next, someone is going to try to run a tour with a Buick under the hood...

Oh wait...

ZERO25
01-26-2019, 03:44 PM

lol.....maybe they should team up and pool their resources!

But.....if I was a betting man, neither comes close to making a feature!

bleedblue55
01-26-2019, 04:43 PM
I suppose next, someone is going to try to run a tour with a Buick under the hood...

Oh wait...

That turned out real well

NWPA
01-26-2019, 04:47 PM
Only thing Hummer will win is the ugly car contest!

ZERO25
01-26-2019, 05:10 PM
Only thing Hummer will win is the ugly car contest!

Obviously, a slow one too.....almost 2 seconds off at EAMS!

MI Dirt Fan
01-26-2019, 05:44 PM

Vegas line is currently even.

Zonks32x
01-26-2019, 11:21 PM
Vegas line is currently even.

Norwegian sportsbook opened with Hummer at +10
Off Shore puts the Chuckster at +5.

MI Dirt Fan
01-27-2019, 12:29 AM
Kyle Hardy's BWRC ride

https://mobile.twitter.com/viper_martin/status/1088999479150370816/photo/1

chupp n bloomer fan
01-27-2019, 06:47 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/chuckhummer/status/1088811614290231296That’s one of them run what ya brung races. I bet you did go 129, with huge sideboards on asphalt. Take her up to Kalamazoo for their run what a brung.:)

Should correlate very well over to kickin butt at Volusia and on the WoO tour.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-27-2019, 06:48 AM
Run what ya brung.*

racer41
01-27-2019, 07:53 AM
don't think madden make it out of flordia in the top 10 points

MI Dirt Fan
01-27-2019, 09:53 AM
don't think madden make it out of flordia in the top 10 points

I'll take that bet and raise you

Senroc-Systems
01-28-2019, 12:33 PM
Check out the " Hammer down racing report" Facebook page podcast, with guest Chuck Hummer.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-29-2019, 10:46 AM
don't think madden make it out of flordia in the top 10 pointsTop 5, if not top 3.

ThebigE
01-29-2019, 01:05 PM
Check out the " Hammer down racing report" Facebook page podcast, with guest Chuck Hummer.

Chuck Hummer is up to 93 likes on his FB page. :)