PDA

View Full Version : Bloomquist Engines

PBR66
12-21-2018, 01:01 PM
https://www.facebook.com/520503678003202/posts/1910180749035481/

HoosierDirtFan
12-21-2018, 01:14 PM
Going back to Custom Race Engines with the RY45. Guess will see how his season goes.

RapidRuss
12-21-2018, 01:57 PM
I new after the World Finals interview he was done with Durham, mentioned it on 4m and a bunch of people laughed me off. Looks like my hunch was correct.

MI Dirt Fan
12-21-2018, 02:03 PM
Well he did have the Durham logo pulled from his website and I believe on the car before the World Finals. I thought maybe he might go to Clements.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-21-2018, 02:41 PM
Is Custom still up on the technology? I knew they kinda fell off the face of the Earth. Just like Vic Hill. I’m talking about late models, I know Vic is into the off road stuff as is Pro Power.

tsand
12-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Maybe custom is doing what Durham is doing. All parts comes from Yates and they will assemble them. Yates does all machine work. any body can order a complete motor from Yates just not assembled.

BTExpress
12-21-2018, 05:36 PM
I think there is more to this story than we know......Bloomquist helped put Durham on the map in the late model world. It just doesn't make sense to me?????

MI Dirt Fan
12-21-2018, 05:57 PM
I would have to believe the engine woes that have bitten quite a few running Durham have at least something to do with it along with anything else. Supposedly Durham was using old parts in new builds. No idea if that's true or not.

grt74
12-21-2018, 06:08 PM
custom is as good or better than all of them out there, never been out powered with them, service is seconded to none, and I've have dealt with most of them, scott ran them years ago, I'm sure he wouldn't go back if he thought there was an issue, good luck to both

Illtsate32
12-21-2018, 06:56 PM
I would have to believe the engine woes that have bitten quite a few running Durham have at least something to do with it along with anything else. Supposedly Durham was using old parts in new builds. No idea if that's true or not.

Nothing would surprise me. A buddy of mine in 95 was running Artgo series with an engine builder out of Wisconsin, they never touched the motor, well it blew up at Lebanon and they got a wild hair and tore into it that night and couldnt believe some of the stuff they seen in their high dollar piece, used,stock,junk parts..I mean my buddies were not very fabricator, engine savy, and im sure companies pick and choose their customers carefully, but they had nothing but a fancy boat anchor...

formercrewguy
12-21-2018, 07:48 PM
Man what a crappy comment to make without any proof. This why business people hate the internet.

MI Dirt Fan
12-21-2018, 08:53 PM
I said I don't know if it's true or not. Just repeating what others have said.

Not as bad as other stuff I've heard.

Highwayman
12-21-2018, 09:13 PM
I think there is more to this story than we know......Bloomquist helped put Durham on the map in the late model world. It just doesn't make sense to me?????

He's put several companies on the map thru the years. Mastersbilt, Cornett, Custom, Warrior, Ford, etc.
This is nothing new for Black Sunshine.

hucktyson
12-22-2018, 08:39 AM
I doubt he uses old parts . I just see him as an engine assembler who hasn’t paid his dues unlike a real engine builder like jack cornett or Glenn Clements or many others

hucktyson
12-22-2018, 08:39 AM
Without being in bloomquist and the rocket1 he would still be a no body and rightfully so

President Clinton
12-22-2018, 09:26 AM
I would think Custom made him a Sweet deal? He has the connections and input to make any engine builder relevant in late models Custom had gotten behind and getting Scott would be a very good move to catch up

chupp n bloomer fan
12-22-2018, 11:00 AM
Man what a crappy comment to make without any proof. This why business people hate the internet.That has been the rumor going around since about July.

TackyTracker
12-22-2018, 11:22 AM
run whatever you want but just get your tail to the track on time..

Escobar
12-22-2018, 11:39 AM
I can’t believe how some of you are speaking nonsense about Andy. He’s an amazing guy who takes great pride in his product. There was a period this year where a supplier he used issued a recall on components because of widespread failure.

He does the machine work at his own shop and has very little done at RY.

Used components in his engines? Really? That’s so asinine, there isn’t a word for it.

Andy lasted much longer than usual suppliers with Scott. I wouldn’t read into this too much, it’s just the cycle of life with Zero.

gumby_32d
12-22-2018, 01:00 PM
How has Scott's seasons faired after swapping engine builders ?

Krooser
12-22-2018, 01:38 PM
Ive seen leased engines with some used stuff but never in a new, complete engine.

My engines? Most everything is used... some pieces are used up!

Josh Bayko
12-22-2018, 03:27 PM
How has Scott's seasons faired after swapping engine builders ?

Scott has generally always been fast, regardless of what’s under the hood. Just some years with more reliability issues than others.

tsand
12-22-2018, 04:09 PM
Knew a driver in the RHS engines day got a new motor that was supposed to be dyno'd motor showed a little black smoot in the exhaust port but when putting on the carb a bolt was dropped in the intake and they had to pull the intake and it was obvious the motor had never been started they figued out that RHS had used a torch to blacken the ports

TerryM
12-22-2018, 04:20 PM
This why business people hate the internet.
LOL ... you must still be living in the 80s.

MI Dirt Fan
12-22-2018, 05:01 PM
In a surprising twist. I'm gonna have to agree with Terry on this. lol

They may hate the internet but 95% of thier business relys on it somehow.

zyoung25
12-22-2018, 05:18 PM
Customs last run with a big name driver on the lucas tour led little to no success. I dont think custom is looked at the same as they were 15 years ago quality wise.

As far as Andy using old parts, pro power mustve been doing the same thing. It was rumored they got rash of bad parts. It's pretty obvious that was the case, because everybody was breaking the same things.

MI Dirt Fan
12-22-2018, 05:27 PM
I'm assuming he will be running Customs in Arizona? If he is at least it'll give him some track time before touring starts.

Jking24
12-22-2018, 06:24 PM
Their are a few guys in this area that run custom engines and non of them have any reliability issues but a few of the drivers that have changed have told me thay the engines make big numbers but don't drive well. And i would have to agree with those guys becuase everybody i know with them goes like hell when it's heavy and struggles in the slick

Highwayman
12-23-2018, 02:07 PM
Maybe its a situation that will be mutually beneficial, Bloomer gets a reliable builder closer to home. Custom gets feedback from HOF driver to improve their engine packages... Maybe they help each other.

MI Dirt Fan
12-23-2018, 08:20 PM
If most are expecting him to run Lucas I wonder why he doesn't have atleast the entire Lucas schedule posted on his website 🤔

SHOE32
12-23-2018, 09:38 PM
He was a little down on sponsorship at the end of year. Maybe he wont run the whole tour. Aweful lot of money to be made running whatever and whenever type schedule.

NormP
12-23-2018, 09:44 PM
He's put several companies on the map thru the years. Mastersbilt, Cornett, Custom, Warrior, Ford, etc.
This is nothing new for Black Sunshine.

Cornett was on the map before the 18 ever ran them.

Mod Runner
12-24-2018, 02:51 AM
I dont know how anyone could conclude an engine builder was putting used parts in an engine. In order to prove used parts were put into an engine, you would have to mark the parts before you sent the engine to the builder for a rebuild. The engine assembler would spot the marks on the parts and reject them

RaceEngineer
12-24-2018, 05:10 AM
All they have to do is a copy a Durham Ford. It isn't Rocket science.

ImCryn2
12-24-2018, 09:46 AM

It sure is! I once took a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens engine to another well known builder (because of location) and they were unable to freshen it due to not knowing what some of the parts and specs were. Sure he could have had parts special made and used logic on specs, but then it's not really the same. You, being an engineer, should understand this moreso than the average person.

moonshine
12-24-2018, 10:46 AM

Why copy something that doesn’t stay together?

RaceEngineer
12-24-2018, 10:48 AM
A couple years ago they we're bullet-proof. Didn't even need water.

RaceEngineer
12-24-2018, 10:50 AM
It sure is! I once took a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens engine to another well known builder (because of location) and they were unable to freshen it due to not knowing what some of the parts and specs were. Sure he could have had parts special made and used logic on specs, but then it's not really the same. You, being an engineer, should understand this moreso than the average person.You can figure it out if you want to. And most of the parts are ready available for ry45Every thing about an engine build is measurable.

grt74
12-24-2018, 11:33 AM
You can figure it out if you want to. And most of the parts are ready available for ry45Every thing about an engine build is measurable.

just stating some facts here, block, crank(depending on what you want), cam, and head castings, 12 weeks or more because of everything being one off parts (built to builders specs), they are not ready and available to most
sorry to others as this is off subject

RaceEngineer
12-24-2018, 03:17 PM
just stating some facts here, block, crank(depending on what you want), cam, and head castings, 12 weeks or more because of everything being one off parts (built to builders specs), they are not ready and available to mostsorry to others as this is off subjectI have been told otherwise by reliable sources. And know for a fact there are smaller guys out there getting the correct parts to freshen.

grt74
12-24-2018, 03:24 PM
I have been told otherwise by reliable sources. And know for a fact there are smaller guys out there getting the correct parts to freshen.

engine parts i agree, castings, new crank cut, cam cut, not so much, , merry christmas to all, see ya at the races

Mod Runner
12-25-2018, 12:53 AM
No one has any evidence or proof Durham was putting used parts in any ones engine. I suspect Scott was looking for an engine builder who could supply engines sooner than Durham. Durham had an awful lot of customers he had to provide engines for during a busy racing season.

BloomerHarvickFan
12-25-2018, 06:55 AM
I think the close to home aspect has to be attractive. Isn't Custom out of Knoxville? That has to be appealing.

Senroc-Systems
12-25-2018, 09:17 AM
BHV, You are correct Sir. Anyone who's followed Scott's career for an extended amount time knows Scott likes to be in control of as much of the operation as possible. It's Scott being Scott. He's been racing these cars for nearly 40 years now. Very few men on this Earth have had, or do have, a DLM operation of that magnitude. He's involved in every aspect. He's absolutely devoted his life to it and it shows. Being close to home is more important by the day.

Look for Scott to have an excellent 2019.

BloomerHarvickFan
12-25-2018, 12:42 PM
And with the issues last year, when he was nearly out of, if not out of engines probably left him pretty ticked off.
They almost had to use McDowell's car in a big race due to not having engines ready.
I think the Custom move is a good one. He won a lot of races in Custom Race Engines back several years ago.

sc0tt
12-25-2018, 01:57 PM
Scott will always change when the builder get's too many clients. I believe his whole program is based on Ford engines and how the drive ability is. This will limit his choice of builder. At Custom there close to home, and he's once again the big fish in a little pond! I think Durham's got too many top teams, and is stretched to thin between shop and track support!

tsand
12-25-2018, 04:13 PM
It's not so easy to copy another builder's engine most builders have pirotry parts in their motors. The heads on a clements motor is their own design and cannot be purchased from brodix only from clements.

jog49
12-25-2018, 04:47 PM
A couple years ago they we're bullet-proof. Didn't even need water.

Heck, that's better than a camel!

dirtdobber45
12-25-2018, 06:18 PM
Idk what all the sqawkin is about.... we all know the G.O.A.T. could use old fashion Fred Flintstone foot power and wipe the floor with EVERYBODY!!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-25-2018, 09:51 PM
Idk what all the sqawkin is about.... we all know the G.O.A.T. could use old fashion Fred Flintstone foot power and wipe the floor with EVERYBODY!!!

And still not win lucas title! Go lay an egg bozo!🤡

Necrosis
12-26-2018, 07:31 AM
Is Custom still up on the technology? I knew they kinda fell off the face of the Earth. Just like Vic Hill. I’m talking about late models, I know Vic is into the off road stuff as is Pro Power.Sadly, I don't believe so. The thing is, you don't need to be "up on technology" as much as you might think. The knowledge is readily available to anyone willing to look for it. Problem is, people are too proud to continue learning. You need a solid basis and a reliable package, as it's not NHRA ProStock, no horsepower wars to fight. The problem is, many of these builders are resistant to change. Running GIANT valve springs because it worked on the SpinTron 15 years ago. For some reason ProPower and Custom basically cement the rocker stands into the head, God help you if you're disassembling one. Cornett, Clement and Durham have ran away from the rest of them. As to the "custom" parts for RY45's, anyone can source them. There's a very specific range for cam profiles, and any magic is left in the head porting/manifold. That comes down to drivability vs power, and there again, measure a head from the top builders compared to the others mentioned here... I've seen 95-98% throat diameters on some of these heads! Valvetrain geometry that makes you wonder how it ever made it off the dyno. That's what makes them hard to drive, on top of killing power. As far as Andy, he's a heck of a guy and great at what he does. He grew very large, very quick and did a great job adapting. Supplier f-ups happen, just part of the game. Just my outlook, but heck what do I know!

chupp n bloomer fan
12-26-2018, 07:36 AM
Sadly, I don't believe so. The thing is, you don't need to be "up on technology" as much as you might think. The knowledge is readily available to anyone willing to look for it. Problem is, people are too proud to continue learning. You need a solid basis and a reliable package, as it's not NHRA ProStock, no horsepower wars to fight. The problem is, many of these builders are resistant to change. Running GIANT valve springs because it worked on the SpinTron 15 years ago. For some reason ProPower and Custom basically cement the rocker stands into the head, God help you if you're disassembling one. Cornett, Clement and Durham have ran away from the rest of them. As to the "custom" parts for RY45's, anyone can source them. There's a very specific range for cam profiles, and any magic is left in the head porting/manifold. That comes down to drivability vs power, and there again, measure a head from the top builders compared to the others mentioned here... I've seen 95-98% throat diameters on some of these heads! Valvetrain geometry that makes you wonder how it ever made it off the dyno. That's what makes them hard to drive, on top of killing power. As far as Andy, he's a heck of a guy and great at what he does. He grew very large, very quick and did a great job adapting. Supplier f-ups happen, just part of the game. Just my outlook, but heck what do I know!Thanks man. Who knows, maybe they’ll hire away someone to help at Custom who is into and up on all the new stuff.

RaceEngineer
12-26-2018, 02:41 PM
Sadly, I don't believe so. The thing is, you don't need to be "up on technology" as much as you might think. The knowledge is readily available to anyone willing to look for it. Problem is, people are too proud to continue learning. You need a solid basis and a reliable package, as it's not NHRA ProStock, no horsepower wars to fight. The problem is, many of these builders are resistant to change. Running GIANT valve springs because it worked on the SpinTron 15 years ago. For some reason ProPower and Custom basically cement the rocker stands into the head, God help you if you're disassembling one. Cornett, Clement and Durham have ran away from the rest of them. As to the "custom" parts for RY45's, anyone can source them. There's a very specific range for cam profiles, and any magic is left in the head porting/manifold. That comes down to drivability vs power, and there again, measure a head from the top builders compared to the others mentioned here... I've seen 95-98% throat diameters on some of these heads! Valvetrain geometry that makes you wonder how it ever made it off the dyno. That's what makes them hard to drive, on top of killing power. As far as Andy, he's a heck of a guy and great at what he does. He grew very large, very quick and did a great job adapting. Supplier f-ups happen, just part of the game. Just my outlook, but heck what do I know!Vic Hill no weak valve springs!

Highwayman
12-26-2018, 04:51 PM
Sadly, I don't believe so. The thing is, you don't need to be "up on technology" as much as you might think. The knowledge is readily available to anyone willing to look for it. Problem is, people are too proud to continue learning. You need a solid basis and a reliable package, as it's not NHRA ProStock, no horsepower wars to fight. The problem is, many of these builders are resistant to change. Running GIANT valve springs because it worked on the SpinTron 15 years ago. For some reason ProPower and Custom basically cement the rocker stands into the head, God help you if you're disassembling one. Cornett, Clement and Durham have ran away from the rest of them. As to the "custom" parts for RY45's, anyone can source them. There's a very specific range for cam profiles, and any magic is left in the head porting/manifold. That comes down to drivability vs power, and there again, measure a head from the top builders compared to the others mentioned here... I've seen 95-98% throat diameters on some of these heads! Valvetrain geometry that makes you wonder how it ever made it off the dyno. That's what makes them hard to drive, on top of killing power. As far as Andy, he's a heck of a guy and great at what he does. He grew very large, very quick and did a great job adapting. Supplier f-ups happen, just part of the game. Just my outlook, but heck what do I know!

Great post.

SHOE32
12-26-2018, 06:33 PM
Great article on Dirt on Dirt about new pairing. The motor Scott won World Finals with was the Custom. So im guessing he'll be just fine with the new motors.

Krooser
12-26-2018, 07:43 PM
Custom lists a Bloomquist RYR 410 trade in for sale...

chupp n bloomer fan
12-26-2018, 07:45 PM
Custom lists a Bloomquist RYR 410 trade in for sale...Better give it to Durham, he owes him like $2-$3 million.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-26-2018, 08:34 PM
Better give it to Durham, he owes him like $2-$3 million.

No not that much. Prolly $40k

Clayton_Wetter
12-26-2018, 09:07 PM
And still not win lucas title! Go lay an egg bozo!嵐

Better look at your own shoes!!!! :)

MI Dirt Fan
12-26-2018, 11:42 PM
How long before someone else on a national tour switches to Custom?

Krooser
12-27-2018, 12:04 AM
The HP in these engines is in the heads, intake and carburetor.

One shop may squeeze 15-20HP more out of an engine than another. shop. Another shop may use Oliver rods vs. Dyers or Carillo. Same with pistons... I THINK the RY45 engine use a Mahle slug... there are other companies willing to design or copy any part.

The secret is in the details... many different approaches to clearances, oiling mods, assembly techniques, tunes etc. No one guy does it the same as another.

Bloomer is smart enough to choose his engine supplier with great care. He's not the guy who simply buys what the engine shop is selling... his experience is valuble.

If he has confidence in Custom there's a reason.

RaceEngineer
12-27-2018, 07:13 AM
engine parts i agree, castings, new crank cut, cam cut, not so much, , merry christmas to all, see ya at the racesSounds like Custom is good to go with all they need.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-27-2018, 08:10 AM
No not that much. Prolly $40kI figured by now you and the rest of the closet worshippers had made it grow. With the BS yall spew.

Josh Bayko
12-27-2018, 02:40 PM
How long before someone else on a national tour switches to Custom?

Probably not till 2020.

MEE
12-27-2018, 05:13 PM
And with the issues last year, when he was nearly out of, if not out of engines probably left him pretty ticked off.
They almost had to use McDowell's car in a big race due to not having engines ready.
I think the Custom move is a good one. He won a lot of races in Custom Race Engines back several years ago.

Can you name another driver that had trouble
getting a new Durham engine during that same time period?

I told you folks back then that they refused him a new engine
till he paid his bill!!!!!
Scott brought all this stuff on him self

Don't run a builders name in the ground over something that
you know nothing about.

RapidRuss
12-27-2018, 10:07 PM
How many did Richards pop before he had to drive Schatz' s car in florida?? How many did Overton pop before Randy Clary had to drive him one down overnight?? How many did Sheppard pop that cost him the WOO title?? How many did Scott pop in Knoxville?? Anybody that says Durham didn't have a rough year is conflicted!!

Highwayman
12-28-2018, 11:08 AM

you know nothing about.
Same goes for drivers, unless you know personally the in's and out's of a situation its best to stay mute.

How many did Richards pop before he had to drive Schatz' s car in florida?? How many did Overton pop before Randy Clary had to drive him one down overnight?? How many did Sheppard pop that cost him the WOO title?? How many did Scott pop in Knoxville?? Anybody that says Durham didn't have a rough year is conflicted!!
Amen.

hausman
12-28-2018, 09:12 PM
IMO,

This renewed partnership will be incredible; I think they connect really well.

NormP
12-30-2018, 12:55 AM

you know nothing about.

You got your answer and now you decide not to run your mouth about him?

BTExpress
12-30-2018, 06:55 AM
Dumb question for those in the know. Does Custom Race Engines share the same building as Warrior Race Cars or are they just next door to each other?

Necrosis
12-30-2018, 07:13 AM
I'll take bets of any amount that this deal won't last through Speedweeks 2020. Anyone remember Jimmy's season with Custom under the hood? I think it was 2016?

Necrosis
12-30-2018, 07:18 AM
Dumb question for those in the know. Does Custom Race Engines share the same building as Warrior Race Cars or are they just next door to each other?They do share the same building, and I'm pretty sure Sanford owns it and they lease their side from him. That's what I was told, anyhow.

RaceEngineer
12-30-2018, 07:42 AM
I'll take bets of any amount that this deal won't last through Speedweeks 2020. Anyone remember Jimmy's season with Custom under the hood? I think it was 2016?I think there is a fair chance you are right. But Custom engines will not be the weak link.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-30-2018, 07:58 AM
I think there is a fair chance you are right. But Custom engines will not be the weak link.Definitely not, they’ve been winning so many races lately, surely they won’t be the weak link. Jesus......

RaceEngineer
12-30-2018, 08:34 AM
Custom is new to the Ford game. Already built a winning piece for Charlotte. They never forgot how to build an engine. Unpopularity does not equal ineptitude.

Highside Hustler25
12-30-2018, 09:22 AM
I don't see it as Scot going to a superior engine builder. I suspect Custom is giving Scott a deal he can't refuse financially to put them back in the spotlight.
I remember when Scott jumped on board with Andy Durham. He was the first and now look how many are running his stuff.
By making Scott the poster child for Custom Engines, they figure in time everybody will follow suit.

RaceEngineer
12-30-2018, 10:32 AM
I don't see it as Scot going to a superior engine builder. I suspect Custom is giving Scott a deal he can't refuse financially to put them back in the spotlight.I remember when Scott jumped on board with Andy Durham. He was the first and now look how many are running his stuff.By making Scott the poster child for Custom Engines, they figure in time everybody will follow suit.No one claimed it was an upgrade. It is just as you describe. A business deal with a competent company.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-30-2018, 11:28 AM
Custom is new to the Ford game. Already built a winning piece for Charlotte. They never forgot how to build an engine. Unpopularity does not equal ineptitude.No one said it did. But when the owner comes out and says I haven’t been there, I got lazy, behind on technology, you tend to lose customers.

Necrosis
12-30-2018, 01:48 PM
No one said it did. But when the owner comes out and says I haven’t been there, I got lazy, behind on technology, you tend to lose customersExactly. I really hope the best for them, but unless there has been a miraculous change in the last few months, I doubt it. Where did you hear that quote, by chance? I heard it 4 years ago, so if it's still being said... Well, you can deduce my thoughts from there.

RapidRuss
12-30-2018, 03:46 PM
Was in the DoD article. Scott made him promise he was 100% committed to doing this and Larry said he was all in. Larry will be with him in AS and him or his son will be out on the road with him during the season. Sounded like Larry was wanting to get back on top one more time.

Hoosier_Dirt
12-30-2018, 04:18 PM
They do share the same building, and I'm pretty sure Sanford owns it and they lease their side from him. That's what I was told, anyhow.

Warrior race cars has moved from the building as Sanford is stepping away. It was on their Facebook anyways. One of the guys who works there is taking it over. (Mike Nuchols) and is in the process of building a new building in Knoxville.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-30-2018, 09:21 PM
Exactly. I really hope the best for them, but unless there has been a miraculous change in the last few months, I doubt it. Where did you hear that quote, by chance? I heard it 4 years ago, so if it's still being said... Well, you can deduce my thoughts from there.As Russ said, it was in the DoD article.

Necrosis
12-31-2018, 05:26 AM
Well, I say it like this... I have ZERO DOUBT in my mind that Larry has the capacity to develop and maintain one of the best engine programs in the country. He has the knowledge, talent and resources. It was funny to read that quote, though, as I heard it in person years ago. Draw from that what you will. However, if they really put their best effort in, it will be a successful venture, as time will tell. It is quite telling though, out of two prior (and local) engine builders, which one was chosen.

dirtcrazy4u
12-31-2018, 07:11 AM
You guys are hilarious. If you read what you actually post, Scott Bloomquist is in debt to just about everyone out there. The coach builder, the motor builder. Heck, how about tossing Hoosier tire in there too or his tubing supplier, that's why he can't build cars, nobody wants to give poor Scott credit. Hilarious.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-31-2018, 08:11 AM
You guys are hilarious. If you read what you actually post, Scott Bloomquist is in debt to just about everyone out there. The coach builder, the motor builder. Heck, how about tossing Hoosier tire in there too or his tubing supplier, that's why he can't build cars, nobody wants to give poor Scott credit. Hilarious.

The NH'ers and his fans will not believe you. They will say you full of bs.

Mod110s
12-31-2018, 11:07 AM
Where did you see he’s in debt to all them people?

RapidRuss
12-31-2018, 12:38 PM
I am pretty sure he is being sarcastic, making fun of posters like SS. SS just didn't catch on.

Josh Bayko
12-31-2018, 01:04 PM
He’s being sarcastic.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-31-2018, 01:09 PM
I am pretty sure he is being sarcastic, making fun of posters like SS. SS just didn't catch on.

Yea im slow

chupp n bloomer fan
12-31-2018, 03:30 PM
The NH'ers and his fans will not believe you. They will say you full of bs.Just you are full of Bloomer BS. The hauler being repoed is the biggest pile of BS.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-31-2018, 03:57 PM
Just you are full of Bloomer BS. The hauler being repoed is the biggest pile of BS.

So you got proof it wasnt? Just cuz you dont know doesnt mean it didnt my friend. Just cuz there were so called problems w the floor that doesnt mean it dnt get repoed.

zyoung25
12-31-2018, 04:36 PM
So you got proof it wasnt? Just cuz you dont know doesnt mean it didnt my friend. Just cuz there were so called problems w the floor that doesnt mean it dnt get repoed.

The hauler belonged to Reece. If you honestly think Mike Reece could and would let something get repoed, you ain't very smart. I know of a few guys that were in it, and they claimed it was rolling design flaw.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-31-2018, 05:28 PM
The hauler belonged to Reece. If you honestly think Mike Reece could and would let something get repoed, you ain't very smart. I know of a few guys that were in it, and they claimed it was rolling design flaw.

Ok solved thanks for clarifing that.

ZERO25
12-31-2018, 06:28 PM
.... and they claimed it was rolling design flaw.

I thought that crew was the king at rolling one! :)

Maybe that trailer tongue wasn't so slippery after all! :)

tsand
12-31-2018, 10:02 PM
The hauler belonged to Reece. If you honestly think Mike Reece could and would let something get repoed, you ain't very smart. I know of a few guys that were in it, and they claimed it was rolling design flaw. I heard the hauler belong to randy sweet..after so many problems with it the hauler was return to the manufacturer. The manufacturer claimed that since the truck was still under warranty they had the right to fix the problems but they did not want the truck back. Lawyers are involved

Dougan1640
12-31-2018, 10:19 PM
A lot of new sweet bloomquist cars leaving the shop, things are pumping along just fine down in Team Zero land.

It’s gonna be a big year for Team Zero. Sit back and enjoy!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-31-2018, 11:12 PM
Good deal!!!!!!!!!!!

Krooser
01-01-2019, 01:28 PM
Speaking of Randy Sweet I heard he is having some health issues?

b1eagle
01-01-2019, 05:51 PM

We want you to tell us how much he owes to who and what court records you have.If you can't do this then STFU.

b1eagle
01-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Scott Bloomquist has all the fans.You hate him or love him.We all love to see him race win or lose,so he has all the fans.The G.O.A.T

grt74
01-01-2019, 07:00 PM
and this went way to far, lmao

ImCryn2
01-01-2019, 08:28 PM
better looking than you,

Never thought I'd see the day where something was posted about Scott's looks in a positive way. lol

NormP
01-01-2019, 08:32 PM
We want you to tell us how much he owes to who and what court records you have.If you can't do this then STFU.

You are at least the second person in this thread who didn't even know the sarcasm flew right over his head.

MEE
01-04-2019, 09:01 AM
Just you are full of Bloomer BS. The hauler being repoed is the biggest pile of BS.

Where is the hauler at now ???
How long would it take to repair it, or even build one ????
Maybe they just said, hey here's your money back ??

I told you people 3 months ago about this and now just
like magic, POOF he has a new engine builder and the big
fancy hauler is nowhere to be found.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-04-2019, 09:17 AM
Where is the hauler at now ???
How long would it take to repair it, or even build one ????
Maybe they just said, hey here's your money back ??

I told you people 3 months ago about this and now just
like magic, POOF he has a new engine builder and the big
fancy hauler is nowhere to be found.The hauler is at the place in Texas. They do not want it back, it is a total nightmare. The only way to fix it is to start fresh. Is it a mystery they show it off at the 2017 World after it took forever to be built, and then use it sparingly because it doesn’t run right and the floor is buckling? Or that he now has an S&S. It is in lawyers hands I believe. But only because neither side obviously wants to eat the lemon. Not because it was repoed because they couldn’t pay for it as you have put in your head.

His mistake was using a unproven coach/hauler builder. 100% on Scott. That new DB hauler is very nice. He should have used S&S or someone else proven.

The motors, he was unhappy with Durham. Does he owe him some cash, probably. I’m sure they’ll settle it to not burn bridges. With the backing he has, your financial issues are grossly overstated.

It’s fine to not like someone because of their personality or perceived drug issues, but making stuff up is a little much.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-04-2019, 09:26 AM
Scott likes to showboat and he was doing that w his oops the hauler!

RapidRuss
01-04-2019, 11:55 AM
The biggest issue with the hauler is it is very overweight!! (Like weighs 90,000) . That is a nightmare with DOT. There are other issues but legal weight is numero uno. Whose fault was that, who knows.

ImCryn2
01-04-2019, 12:06 PM
The biggest issue with the hauler is it is very overweight!! (Like weighs 90,000) . That is a nightmare with DOT. There are other issues but legal weight is numero uno. Whose fault was that, who knows.

He could always put smaller diameter door bars in his cars to save weight.

formercrewguy
01-04-2019, 02:20 PM
He could always put smaller diameter door bars in his cars to save weight.

I don't care who you are, but that was funny right there.

TBSprintFan
01-04-2019, 03:15 PM
What type/brand of hauler is he using now? Is it a new one or used? Last I heard or read was when he was borrowing someone else's while this disco hauler was in the shop.

Dlmfan123
01-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Not sure who owns it now but it’s bmjs old black s&s

chupp n bloomer fan
01-05-2019, 01:42 PM
He could always put smaller diameter door bars in his cars to save weight.That was only in Ricky Weiss’s car because it was older, and the one Bronson had, which was Jared’s. Before the new rules were implemented, and then they never changed them. I think Bronson should go cry on Mark’s shoulder some more, maybe he’ll eventually become competitive like Ricky.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-05-2019, 01:44 PM
Scott likes to showboat and he was doing that w his oops the hauler!And he coulda done that with an S&S one too. Maybe it was a friend of Randy’s, dunno. If I could ever catch him at a good time I’d ask him why they chose that company over S&S etc.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-05-2019, 01:49 PM
The biggest issue with the hauler is it is very overweight!! (Like weighs 90,000) . That is a nightmare with DOT. There are other issues but legal weight is numero uno. Whose fault was that, who knows.I knew most were from someone I know who has an S&S. I always assumed they are overkill, but they are actually heavy. Though I don’t think 90k heavy.

And if that thing weighs around 90k, it should have never left TX. Another issue is axle weight. It’s why you have to pay attention to how you load. Ohio at least, most don’t load heavy, but you don’t want everything near the front. As far as dump trunks you want it middle to back. But if you are axeled, your GVW will be good, and your axle weight will not. Kinda shady imo.

Clayton_Wetter
01-05-2019, 02:02 PM
I don't care who you are, but that was funny right there.

teehee!!!...

formercrewguy
01-05-2019, 05:35 PM
Bloom quiet still fighting ignition issues. Car shut off on second lap.

huskerdirt
01-05-2019, 06:05 PM
No way those haulers weigh 90k pounds. That’s laughable. A standard dry van 18 wheeler is 35k to 40k with an empty load. A fully loaded toter wouldn’t touch 80k.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Well, you’re incorrect, I dunno what to tell you. A S&S is around 80k(loaded), out of the horses mouth.

If Scott had one built by someone who doesn’t build them, and they went heavy, it adds up. And any other special crap he wanted in it.

huskerdirt
01-05-2019, 06:22 PM
CnB, that’s cool. I just don’t see how they are up 80k, 65 to 70k seems more reasonable weight to me. When you get close to 80k you really flirting with going over axle weights.

I’ve hauled some 80k GVW loads before, it’s like driving a tank.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-05-2019, 06:23 PM

Traction control problem

Greaseman
01-05-2019, 09:33 PM
Bronson two faced

Kromulous
01-05-2019, 09:59 PM
Custom Racing Engine looked really good on night one to me...

Krooser
01-06-2019, 12:56 AM
Well those Farmall tractors are heavy to start with...then add that long ass frame which is likely a double frame and you have a tank to start with.

Add the coach with all that granite and/or marble in the kitchen and all the other add ons and they can get heavy real fast.

Next you add two cars, three or four engines, tools, equipment and bingo...

Now I doubt the empty weight is any where near 80k... but not having slider axles on the trailer means you had better load that thing correctly or you'll be overweight on the axles. The cops at the chicken coops love to nail car haulers. I once got a ticket in TN for being 15 feet overlength. I had an F600 Ford with a 24' box towing my 40' tag trailer... no max. length on I-65 for a semi but a straight truck with a bumper pull trailer is 60'....

MI Dirt Fan
01-06-2019, 02:31 AM

Said on DoD it was a battery issue.

MI Dirt Fan
01-06-2019, 02:33 AM
That thing probably had 20k lbs of L.E.D lights on it alone. Lmao

MI Dirt Fan
01-06-2019, 02:34 AM
I wonder how long before Bronson jumps ship from Durham to try and get a Custom....

george w
01-06-2019, 06:27 AM
I wonder how long before Bronson jumps ship from Durham to try and get a Custom....
Gotta good laugh on that, wouldn't surprise me was my initial reaction aswell

MI Dirt Fan
01-06-2019, 06:50 AM
Gotta good laugh on that, wouldn't surprise me was my initial reaction aswell

I set the bait on post #60 but couldn't get a bite. lol

Anyone know what engines Stormy Scott is or will be using on the Lucas tour?

hucktyson
01-06-2019, 06:59 AM
It can’t be a battery issue ... I’ve seen his ad a thousand times on DOD about how you are wasting your time pulling on the track without a 900 dollar battery

zyoung25
01-06-2019, 09:33 AM
I set the bait on post #60 but couldn't get a bite. lol

Anyone know what engines Stormy Scott is or will be using on the Lucas tour?

Mullins engines

chupp n bloomer fan
01-06-2019, 10:01 AM
Could be as simple as they didn’t pay attention to how the +&- were run and the cables touched. Or they didn’t have it charged. They were still pop riveting crap on Friday.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-06-2019, 10:02 AM
Traction control problemYeah, he needs that Rumley Device.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-06-2019, 10:04 AM
As Krooser stated, it all adds up. You’re right, I figured under weight. I asked the guy I know outta curiosity because I assumed as you did. And he said no, they are actually heavy. And the whole not being able to move axles thing would be an issue.

Highwayman
01-06-2019, 12:13 PM
The hauler is at the place in Texas. They do not want it back, it is a total nightmare. The only way to fix it is to start fresh. Is it a mystery they show it off at the 2017 World after it took forever to be built, and then use it sparingly because it doesn’t run right and the floor is buckling? Or that he now has an S&S. It is in lawyers hands I believe. But only because neither side obviously wants to eat the lemon. Not because it was repoed because they couldn’t pay for it as you have put in your head.

His mistake was using a unproven coach/hauler builder. 100% on Scott. That new DB hauler is very nice. He should have used S&S or someone else proven.

The motors, he was unhappy with Durham. Does he owe him some cash, probably. I’m sure they’ll settle it to not burn bridges. With the backing he has, your financial issues are grossly overstated.

It’s fine to not like someone because of their personality or perceived drug issues, but making stuff up is a little much.

My sentiments exactly.

Krooser
01-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Just to be clear none of these trailers have sliding tandems like a freight box would have so they all should be built to take weight distribution into account.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-06-2019, 05:49 PM
Just to be clear none of these trailers have sliding tandems like a freight box would have so they all should be built to take weight distribution into account.Exactly. Be one ugly stacker with sliding axels. Not all nice and tight fenders.

ZERO25
01-06-2019, 07:00 PM
QUOTE CnB: If Scott had one built by someone who doesn’t build them, and they went heavy, it adds up. And any other special crap he wanted in it.

Now we know the real reason why the clock and gps was left off the build sheet! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Only reason bloomer on time is there 2 hrs difference!🤣🤣🤣🤣

chupp n bloomer fan
01-06-2019, 08:33 PM
Yep. If that thing really is around 90k, which I believe outta Russ, doesn’t post much, but when he does it’s good, that’s insane. Be crappier fuel mileage than pretty much any hauler. Sure could use a good Garmin.

At least he isn’t in TMac’s CDL predicament though.

RapidRuss
01-06-2019, 09:29 PM
I am assuming that is loaded to go racing at that weight. That could be some of the problems with the floors buckling and stuff. Just seems like a bad deal all around. Not sure about exact weght, but did hear the overweight issue has been the top issue from people that have inside knowledge.

MI Dirt Fan
01-06-2019, 09:45 PM
Alot of Crown Royal and L.E.D lights lol