PDA

View Full Version : Tri-State Speedway (Huabstadt, IN) - 2019 Schedule.....

HoosierDirtFan
12-24-2018, 08:29 PM
Tri-State Speedway
Haubstadt, IN
TRACK WEBSITE - http://www.tristatespeedway.com

2019 Schedule - https://www.facebook.com/TriStateSpeedwayHaubstadt/posts/2278618742170365

3 wide
12-25-2018, 05:43 AM
If everybody ran there race track the way tom helfrich does there would be a lot less complaining on here

1forthe$
12-25-2018, 07:39 AM
Boy that's the truth. Im not even really a sprint car 'fan'.. but I go watch them there 'cause I know that track produces great racing EVERY night. I wish they had about 2 more late models shows a year. My work schedule always seems to have me working the 1 that they run. I think they could pack the stands with a WoO, Lucas, or even just a house special.

wfofan
12-25-2018, 11:02 AM
1 of the top tracks in the country...
Crying shame they don't run a crown jewel...

dirt junkie
12-25-2018, 12:06 PM
Their hell tour race is a must on my list every year. Planning our summer vacation around it this year. Plan to take our camper there and then onto lake Barkley for the rest of that week. If weather permits we will drive from Barkley to the race at Clarksville and also the race at Paducah if they actually race there this season. Fingers crossed

brsteg
12-26-2018, 02:10 PM
On the open wheel site a bunch of posters complain about the tractor parades even though it is WELL known to anyone that has gone more than once the Tom is going to tear it open and re-work it twice a night, need it or not.

So, no.... that would not stop the folks he!! bent at always complaining from doing so.

I heard a guy with my own ears at a WoO LM show at Tazewell say that he hated how they ran heat races. People are goofy and you can never make them all happy... and what some of them want will leave you scratching your head.

That said, now that Kokomo has a Lucas date, now we just need Tri-State on the Lucas calendar and we'd be guaranteed to wild, multi-groove, great, bull ring races a year.

Just The Tip
12-26-2018, 02:49 PM
On the open wheel site a bunch of posters complain about the tractor parades even though it is WELL known to anyone that has gone more than once the Tom is going to tear it open and re-work it twice a night, need it or not.

So, no.... that would not stop the folks he!! bent at always complaining from doing so.

The thing with TSS in my opinion with the track re-working, is that you dont even really notice it. They normally work it in before the heats and before the features. Those are the most opportune times to do so. Gives a nice break to stretch and settle in for the racing. I've never once thought that they have overworked the track in the numerous times I've been there. It gives the fans what we want, a good surface for heats and a good surface for feature time.

That season ending show with the USAC midgets is going to be awesome.

Clayton_Wetter
12-28-2018, 06:34 PM
Only racing eleven weekends????

3 wide
12-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Tri state speedway is way better than tazwell when John Thompson owned tazwell it was great but since he sold it they don't work the track the way John did.

Clayton_Wetter
12-28-2018, 07:56 PM
Tri state speedway is way better than tazwell when John Thompson owned tazwell it was great but since he sold it they don't work the track the way John did.

Agreed, Thompson did a good job. Not so much anymore.

ALLDIRT
12-28-2018, 08:51 PM
If everybody ran there race track the way tom helfrich does there would be a lot less complaining on here

Tom has always ben good for , and too the sport .