PDA

View Full Version : New rules.

kslle
12-27-2018, 01:55 PM
New rule in our series. 10 droop only will I have to change springs up or down or stay same on lr and rf.
Another series wants 1 shock spec on all corners and only 1 shock on lr in front of axle only. Plus bars on have to be within 2 inches of each other. No stacked springs any ideas.

billetbirdcage
12-27-2018, 03:30 PM
New rule in our series. 10 droop only will I have to change springs up or down or stay same on lr and rf.
Another series wants 1 shock spec on all corners and only 1 shock on lr in front of axle only. Plus bars on have to be within 2 inches of each other. No stacked springs any ideas.

Not sure what the question was but sounds like the "cash money series" or something similar. That rule package really did little to alter the cars, they still hike with the LR in front and don't really react all that much different with a little work. They had good car counts early on but I honestly believe that is because of the low buck perception more then anything and once guys figure out it's not that much cheaper the car count will decline (hope not but honestly think it will happen). It's more about older guys or guys that got out due to expense of LM's and got back in, but once just a few guys are winning the races that all goes away and guys quit again.

Little of subject, but just my opinion. Any open type engine even with some limits is expensive to run and with the low pay you are still losing money if you win. You just can't freshen an engine for less then 5K now a days and if you are getting 1200 laps out of one that is still $4.16 a lap, so 50 laps thru the night with hotlaps, heat and main costs you $208.00 per night.

kslle
12-27-2018, 05:18 PM
yes its the cash money series

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-27-2018, 06:22 PM
What do you mean by 10 droop?

kslle
12-27-2018, 06:50 PM
What do you mean by 10 droop?

10 inch droop on chain
Measured by deck height at rest then deck can't be more then 10 inches higher at when car is jacked up to where lr tire just clears ground

billetbirdcage
12-27-2018, 06:50 PM
I've helped a few guys that have ran in that series or other races that used similar rules, that being said:

There isn't that much you really need to do to be honest. Sure you can do somethings to help but requires cutting or making some custom parts but for the most part just do the following and you'll be in the ball park and adjust from there.

Not sure if they have any updates to rules or not so basing off last years rules.

1. Install the spec shocks with correct min/max length of springs
2. On LR in front shock you will likely need to adjust the drop on the cage and/or the top mount to keep shock from topping out before you hit your chain
3. Use the 350/375 range of RF spring depending on your type of car (possible to need to be stiffer).
4. You may want a adjustable LF upper mount if your tethering the LF since they don't allow tethers, but the shock is likely a different extended length then you was using before so may not need/want it.
5. Probably going to want a much softer LR spring for in front, since you can't use a stack. Varies a ton here but something from 150# to basically the softest single spring you can buy in that length (50 or 80#)

Other then that it's pretty basic.

billetbirdcage
12-27-2018, 06:51 PM
10 inch droop on chain
Measured by deck height at rest then deck can't be more then 10 inches higher at when car is jacked up to where lr tire just clears ground

Is this another series or did they add a drop rule to cash money series?

kslle
12-31-2018, 03:53 PM
Another series