PDA

View Full Version : Who can we expect to see at 411 Speedway on Saturday?

2thextreme
12-28-2018, 04:10 AM
Any idea who might be there. I realize $4000 to win is not great but still it beats nothing.I've never been to that track and I am not sure what to expect. Is it a choo choo train there or is there plenty of passing/slicing and dicing for position?There's a 100% chance of rain today with highs/lows on Saturday being 52/37 with 10% chance of precipitation.

TTS_JF
12-28-2018, 05:59 AM
Scott James
Ray Cook

2thextreme
12-28-2018, 06:19 AM
Scott JamesRay CookThanks! I figured James, Cook, McIntosh, Boggs, maybe Chilton, maybe Casey Roberts?

Illtsate32
12-28-2018, 06:41 AM
Marler maybe?

RayCook53fan
12-28-2018, 07:01 AM
Thanks! I figured James, Cook, McIntosh, Boggs, maybe Chilton, maybe Casey Roberts?

I don't think Casey Roberts has a ride at the present time, unless I missed something.

Dlmfan123
12-28-2018, 04:07 PM
Colton flinner

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-28-2018, 04:24 PM
Marler maybe?

If he is it wont b in the #6. Not ready yet

RaceEngineer
12-28-2018, 06:01 PM
If he is it wont b in the #6. Not ready yetDo they even have a hauler?

RaceEngineer
12-28-2018, 06:10 PM
Tyler Bare

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Do they even have a hauler?

Good question you tell me!
What do u think?🤔

champion24
12-29-2018, 09:27 AM
Yall enjoy! Hope it's a great day! Yall are welcome for me not coming and bringing the Champion Curse!! It would have rained out almost certainly! Add info through the day, if you can! Wave the green!

MI Dirt Fan
12-29-2018, 07:34 PM
Scott James wins. McIntosh started 15th finish second.

Dlmfan123
12-29-2018, 08:53 PM
Prayers for John owenby. He is in the hospital and his brain is bleeding

TTS_JF
12-29-2018, 09:46 PM
Congratulations to Scott. I heard only 4 cars finished the race.

grt74
12-29-2018, 09:58 PM
Prayers for John owenby. He is in the hospital and his brain is bleeding

that was a very violent flip, thoughts to the family, with the weather and all, the track did the best they could, track just had a ton of grip

MI Dirt Fan
12-29-2018, 10:50 PM
Did he just catch a rut? Was never any contact with another car.

Dlmfan123
12-29-2018, 10:58 PM
Did he just catch a rut? Was never any contact with another car.Bottom of the race track..

Illtsate32
12-29-2018, 11:04 PM
Congratulations to Scott. I heard only 4 cars finished the race.

There may have been 5-6 that finished...

TTS_JF
12-29-2018, 11:30 PM
There may have been 5-6 that finished...

Thanks. I'd like to visit the track again, I've only been a couple times and both have been really late in the year.; I'm curious how the racing is mid year or a regular race night.

RaceEngineer
12-30-2018, 07:45 AM
4 finished. Track was pretty soft and would rut up. They worked on it all night and got it better to start the next race after each rework. Guys who got their chassis out of the track could race after rework. Guys who could not get Mark Richards on the phone plowed the racing surface all night and accelerated the track's breakdown.

Krooser
12-30-2018, 08:03 AM
I watched it semi live on FB... ran two consi's but only 5(?) cars took the checkered.

As mentioned it was tacky but pretty rough.

I missed the Owenby incident... did he flip?

chupp n bloomer fan
12-30-2018, 08:16 AM
Prayers for John owenby. He is in the hospital and his brain is bleedingHopefully they can get that eased and he can make a full recovery.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-30-2018, 08:17 AM
4 finished. Track was pretty soft and would rut up. They worked on it all night and got it better to start the next race after each rework. Guys who got their chassis out of the track could race after rework. Guys who could not get Mark Richards on the phone plowed the racing surface all night and accelerated the track's breakdown.Why not call you, you’re the RaceEngineer?

3 wide
12-30-2018, 08:29 AM
I'm starting to see a real pattern they have a drivers meeting at 12 an start a feature at 7 and they run the crate race at 6 I have a real problem with this I know they have a lot of big races scheduled I'm going to make the trip to the first one an hope it don't turn out like this.

RaceEngineer
12-30-2018, 08:32 AM
I charge too much.

Illtsate32
12-30-2018, 08:44 AM
4 finished. Track was pretty soft and would rut up. They worked on it all night and got it better to start the next race after each rework. Guys who got their chassis out of the track could race after rework. Guys who could not get Mark Richards on the phone plowed the racing surface all night and accelerated the track's breakdown.

Which raises the question of track prep. The criticism of it now days, are tracks really as bad as people make them out to be, or have they pretty much been the same through the years but these slammed to the ground setups magnifed needing a smooth as glass surface to operate on...

RaceEngineer
12-30-2018, 08:48 AM
Which raises the question of track prep. The criticism of it now days, are tracks really as bad as people make them out to be, or have they pretty much been the same through the years but these slammed to the ground setups magnifed needing a smooth as glass surface to operate on...That is an easy answer. Less LM cars flipped across the USA in 1995 than did last night. Today's cars flip on smooth, tacky surfaces.

MI Dirt Fan
12-30-2018, 09:22 AM
I watched it semi live on FB... ran two consi's but only 5(?) cars took the checkered.

As mentioned it was tacky but pretty rough.

I missed the Owenby incident... did he flip?

Couple times I think. The car just "stuck" and rolled violently in one spot. Not like a slow roller up the track.

GRT32
12-30-2018, 09:35 AM
scan showed john had some brain bleed on the backside, scan this morn looked a little better, poss going home this eve. krytonite car did its job, halo never moved after a very hard hit on the roof.

LMNED10
12-30-2018, 10:14 AM
Guys with these slammed to the ground setups and body rules these cars will not work on soft track tracks especially one that had all the rain on it in the previous day. I keep telling everybody we are only a few steps from pavement racing and getting closer every year.

B_K
12-30-2018, 10:47 AM
Good news on J0.

May not be a favorite, but never want to see anyone get hurt.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-30-2018, 11:23 AM
I charge too much.Rockets were 1 n 2, so two must have called Mark so the others could sabotage the track.

Drop Shock
12-30-2018, 11:52 AM
scan showed john had some brain bleed on the backside, scan this morn looked a little better, poss going home this eve. krytonite car did its job, halo never moved after a very hard hit on the roof.

So if the halo didn’t move what caused the injury? Slamming his head off the seat? Scary stuff

grt74
12-30-2018, 12:10 PM
people forget you can still win with a 350-450 on the right front, yes the pinned down rf wins alot, but there is a time for standard springs from time to time

BigA201
12-30-2018, 12:14 PM
I got to 411 at 5 and they were still running preliminaries. How do tracks think this is okay. Its not entertainment, it's a hostage situation. It's sad that people left at 7pm and didn't see the feature. I think they need to decide if this needs to be a multi day show or cut it to three classes. Supers Mods and street stock is fine. Also, quit qualifying everything in the pits.

3 wide
12-30-2018, 12:55 PM
Your exactly right biga and they wonder why nobody wants to go to the race track hey I'll take a stab at it if they were up north they would already be out of business.

TTS_JF
12-30-2018, 01:45 PM
We went a couple times, but with our drive and qualifying everyone its not worth the trip.

RaceEngineer
12-30-2018, 02:17 PM
Rockets were 1 n 2, so two must have called Mark so the others could sabotage the track.I think Scott James knows enough about cars to fix his. It looked like he knew what he was doing.

MI Dirt Fan
12-30-2018, 08:43 PM
Just heard they have found no further bleeding and John was released from the hospital earlier this evening.

lazyifoto
12-30-2018, 09:30 PM
I got to the track at noon and watched them qualify 167 cars for 6 different divisions. 30 something cars in each division. So many cars locked into the feature just from their time...the rest ran a consi (i think 3 consi's ) for slm..features started at like 6 something ....a lot of cars crashed out I saw more flips there than at a all sprint car show...
The track looked like a fairly decent place but it rained a ton Thursday night through Friday midday to be fair. Track prep was good in appearance but was so wet so deep spongy I would say..
the real issue to me was no one seemed to care about being in a hurry to do anything not to mention that the wrecker was a farm tractor with a boom on it and it was slow .sooooo slowwww. Some structure in how to run a faster paced would have helped alot.I think heat races would have been more entertaining than 5 hours of qualifing and would have helped to bring the track in with more cars running the moisture out of it...
All in all it was racing in December and yes only 4 cars finished the SLM feature the 4th car was probably 5 laps down. .the weather was the cause of the problems but the track crew made it slow and agonizing to watch....but who leaves the last race of the year early ever?

Josh Bayko
12-30-2018, 09:40 PM
Which raises the question of track prep. The criticism of it now days, are tracks really as bad as people make them out to be, or have they pretty much been the same through the years but these slammed to the ground setups magnifed needing a smooth as glass surface to operate on...

I definitely think the setups contribute to flips. I mean, if a car is already on the bump stops when it needs some bump absorption when it hooks a rut or hops the cushion it’s gonna end badly.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-30-2018, 09:49 PM
I think Scott James knows enough about cars to fix his. It looked like he knew what he was doing.After watching the race, Chicky Barton, not sure what he is in, had it. First a flat, then drove through Ryan King on a restart when Ryan didn’t really take off. Think he’s in one of them Shinnston jalopies though.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-30-2018, 09:49 PM
Busted his radiator.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-30-2018, 09:55 PM
Which raises the question of track prep. The criticism of it now days, are tracks really as bad as people make them out to be, or have they pretty much been the same through the years but these slammed to the ground setups magnifed needing a smooth as glass surface to operate on...Owenby was literally just in the middle of the turn going for it on Ray. And turned just a touch too much, and that’s all she wrote. Scary if ya ask me. I mean you watch them all, just on rails. No give.

I really think it’s more to do with the cars than the tracks all together. The cars are just not made to run on tracks with a lot of bite. Like they’d have to completely redo the setup to run on tracks with tons of bite in them.

Krooser
12-30-2018, 10:22 PM
A leaf car would not get as upset as the modern cars do...

AllenK
12-30-2018, 11:52 PM
I stumbled across this on Facebook. The videographer was about the first one on the scene of this accident.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.fry.777/videos/10218614025005638/UzpfSTEwMDAwMDcxNjg2ODMxMToyMzQ1NzMyMTY1NDYwNjU2/

Illtsate32
12-31-2018, 12:01 AM
CnB im with ya. I think they figured out the setup (which is the bump stop) to run in the slick because usually thats the condititions when its money time. And its prob too much work to switch everything around for hooked up conditions, so they just rough it through the early portion of the night, thats the cause and the flipping is the effects...

RaceEngineer
12-31-2018, 05:38 AM
Yes, Barton had the best car, at least before the flat. The 51 car was the other one that wasn't eating the track every corner.

RaceEngineer
12-31-2018, 05:43 AM
CnB im with ya. I think they figured out the setup (which is the bump stop) to run in the slick because usually thats the condititions when its money time. And its prob too much work to switch everything around for hooked up conditions, so they just rough it through the early portion of the night, thats the cause and the flipping is the effects...If half the field isn't even going to race, they could at least have a second set of shocks with an old school setup on there. Then they could not race and not flip.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-31-2018, 03:43 PM
CnB im with ya. I think they figured out the setup (which is the bump stop) to run in the slick because usually thats the condititions when its money time. And its prob too much work to switch everything around for hooked up conditions, so they just rough it through the early portion of the night, thats the cause and the flipping is the effects...Right.

Anyone could see that wasn’t what 411 was like. No ones fault, just Mother Nature. So put in a conventional set, with some give to it. Not an Owenby fan, but he literally did nothing wrong, it just bicycled like a sprint, and started flipping hard. Personally, I’m either not racing, or figuring out an old style set that will work in them conditions.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-31-2018, 03:44 PM
Yes, Barton had the best car, at least before the flat. The 51 car was the other one that wasn't eating the track every corner.Yeah McCarter just I think got nervous with the Silver Shark on his heals.

MRM
12-31-2018, 06:18 PM
I stumbled across this on Facebook. The videographer was about the first one on the scene of this accident.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.fry.777/videos/10218614025005638/UzpfSTEwMDAwMDcxNjg2ODMxMToyMzQ1NzMyMTY1NDYwNjU2/

Different accident, but the person shooting that was lucky.

GRT32
12-31-2018, 09:15 PM
wish john would have loaded after qualifying, mud broke the fan off the motor and cut power steering lines into.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-31-2018, 09:29 PM
wish john would have loaded after qualifying, mud broke the fan off the motor and cut power steering lines into.Was a nice car, is it junk?

AllenK
12-31-2018, 11:49 PM
Different accident, but the person shooting that was lucky.

Yeah, it's a different wreck but it was too crazy not to share. Saw another video of a Super Street car taking a wild ride also.