PDA

View Full Version : Imca switcher ignition box MSD

lov2race
12-29-2018, 09:29 PM
Does anybody know what these is ?
I was told you can turn your rev limiter off or on through switching msd box , it has to be activated by Bluetooth and set the RPM it's all done by a smartphone Davis technology offers it for$ 2500 $ 4000 with the traction control of course this is all hearsay and I would like to know if anybody else has ever heard of this

Lizardracing
12-31-2018, 01:14 PM
I haven't seen anything personally but to answer directly, yes it can be done and fit inside the MSD box itself.
However for $4000, I'd say some driving courses, tires, shocks, etc would net a better fun/dollar equation.

lov2race
12-31-2018, 03:30 PM
[ in lmca with a 604 crate you can only run 6400 RPM I wondered why guys were getting caught with titanium retainers heavier valve springs
That's what got me asking questions and the tech person that msd verified my hearsay apologized to me and said there was no way to check for it person I talked to said the only thing you could do is look and see if the epoxy coating has been compromised

Lizardracing
01-03-2019, 02:45 PM
I don't condone cheating but I attest stupid rules.

The circle is where the chip plugs in. Jump the connectors so the box doesn't see the chip at all or install your own chip/resistor inside the box leaving the out one as a dummy.

SRXSRULE
01-04-2019, 10:18 PM
I don't condone cheating but I attest stupid rules.

The circle is where the chip plugs in. Jump the connectors so the box doesn't see the chip at all or install your own chip/resistor inside the box leaving the out one as a dummy.

Yes it IS being done, has been for a couple years now. Some of the first boxes that would do this were in the $10,000 range and you could activate them by toggling the ignition switch on/off 3 times in 10 seconds. This would raise the rev limiter 1,000 rpm. All you had to do is kill the engine, refire it and it would reset to the normal setting.

IMCA HAS caught some of these boxes.

If you think you can just alter the chip inside the box that is very easy to find. They have a digital tester that plugs into all styles of boxes and runs a test and that fails right away.

This trick stuff is being done on the newer style digital boxes, not old style chip boxes.

lov2race
01-05-2019, 08:51 PM
I don't think there's many people know about these boxes the one I was told about was in a digital box with epoxy filled I thought IMCA would address this issue obviously they're worried about body rules
I think there would be two solutions to this 1 would be 6800 RPM or RPM hour meter like we use on our gas irrigation pump with Recall wraps around spark plug wire $ 21.00