PDA

View Full Version : CJ Rayburn looking for a buyer...

Krooser
01-04-2019, 12:48 AM
Saw a post about CJ thinking about retiring and he is looking for a buyer for his shop and equipment.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-04-2019, 01:24 AM
Theres your chance go get em!

Krooser
01-04-2019, 11:42 AM
I can't seem to get my $200 Mastersbilt together... Much less new Rayburns for cash customers.

30 years ago it would have been different.

Jking24
01-04-2019, 11:45 AM
Doesn't cj have a son thay is involved ?

HoosierDirtFan
01-04-2019, 12:38 PM
Doesn't cj have a son thay is involved ?

He has a son Christian Rayburn who raced for a while. Not sure if he's involved any more though.

Senroc-Systems
01-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Heard through the grapevine that Rusty Schlenk and his car owner, Tyler Bork, are trying to put a deal together.

Krooser
01-04-2019, 06:16 PM
Christian is still involved. His RaceKnowHow video showed he was building a few modifieds to try to diversivy the brand.

I know they have built mods before but it seemed they have a few new things going in swing-arm land.

dirtcrazy4u
01-04-2019, 08:52 PM
The rayburn trade mark has and will always be based around his swing arm design. The building of a few modifieds could quite possibly lead his son down the road of being back to one of the best chassis out there. Today's SLM is not a car of simple set ups and designs.

goincircles
01-04-2019, 11:16 PM
Heard through the grapevine that Rusty Schlenk and his car owner, Tyler Bork, are trying to put a deal together. You mean Bork is trying all you have to do is ask Schlenk why he does run.big shows he will tell ya it's his subpar equipment That dude doesnt have a pot to piss in

BTExpress
01-05-2019, 08:31 AM
Even with a sale of CJ's assests to a new owner, is it even possible for Rayburn cars to become a dominant force again on a national scale in a world dominated by Rocket, Longhorn & Black Diamond? The same can be said for other chassis manufacturers like GRT, Warrior, Mastersbuilt and even Barry Wright. It seems like once you fall off of the top of the mountain it seems impossible to get back up.

over4T
01-05-2019, 09:33 AM
CJ's got nothing left to prove and he's getting up there in years. I say that with all respect since we're the same age so maybe he should retire.

But don't sell the property in Whiteland. That's a nice serene place in the cornfields. Maybe I could bring a couple of beagles back there and we could go rabbit hunting and I could teach him to make hassenfeffer.

dirtcrazy4u
01-05-2019, 09:54 AM
BT. To get back on top these chassis guys have to get out there and be competitive in either woo or lucas. The problem comes from they no longer want to hire a top driver, and the associated costs that go along with touring. All the manufactures you mentioned still understand what it takes to climb that ladder. They no longer want to. BWRC, Rayburn, Mastersbuilt, remember the tee, make Mastersbuilt great again ? There's no reason why any of them can't get back there other than $$$ they would need to spend. Rocket is run more professionally than any builder out there. They've got guys welding around the clock. Is someone going to ramp up to be able to compete. Not a chance.

BTExpress
01-05-2019, 10:26 AM
Dirtcrazy.......You are probably right, but on the other hand, I guess there is still enough regional business to keep builders like Capital, Lazer, Kryponite, CVR, Shaw, etc in business and keep a roof over their heads. It just goes to show how much of a demand there is for building Dirt Late Model chassis both on a national and regional level.

RaceEngineer
01-05-2019, 10:34 AM
Even with a sale of CJ's assests to a new owner, is it even possible for Rayburn cars to become a dominant force again on a national scale in a world dominated by Rocket, Longhorn & Black Diamond? The same can be said for other chassis manufacturers like GRT, Warrior, Mastersbuilt and even Barry Wright. It seems like once you fall off of the top of the mountain it seems impossible to get back up.It's as easy as getting popular again.

Josh Bayko
01-05-2019, 11:40 AM
Even with a sale of CJ's assests to a new owner, is it even possible for Rayburn cars to become a dominant force again on a national scale in a world dominated by Rocket, Longhorn & Black Diamond? The same can be said for other chassis manufacturers like GRT, Warrior, Mastersbuilt and even Barry Wright. It seems like once you fall off of the top of the mountain it seems impossible to get back up.

I doubt they could ever be dominant in today’s landscape, but I could see them selling more cars than they have been with better marketing and some changes to make their cars more competitive with Rocket/Longhorn/BD.

TS FAN
01-05-2019, 11:53 AM
I think CJ will be 79 this year, and I wish him well. I always liked him and he helped out a couple of friends of mine quite a bit.

Highwayman
01-05-2019, 03:49 PM
The rayburn trade mark has and will always be based around his swing arm design. The building of a few modifieds could quite possibly lead his son down the road of being back to one of the best chassis out there. Today's SLM is not a car of simple set ups and designs.

Perhaps, but often times the guy screaming something is impossible is interrupted by the man doing it... They said swingarm was no longer viable in todays so called, "Modern" late model world and yet they won many races this last year anyway. I've seen non-hike cars with small home built engines decimate top of the line house car teams. I've seen leaf cars destroy full fields of state of the art 4 links, when they were suppose to be to ancient and laughable to run anymore. Marketing does influence behavior, but that doesn't mean what their saying or selling is really the last word on anything. Food for thought. Rayburn was Rayburn long before be debuted the Swing arm.

MI Dirt Fan
01-05-2019, 04:03 PM
You mean Bork is trying all you have to do is ask Schlenk why he does run.big shows he will tell ya it's his subpar equipment That dude doesnt have a pot to piss in

You should buy it. Run it how you think it should be and show everyone how it's done.

highgroove
01-05-2019, 05:51 PM
How about his daughter and her boyfriend billy moyer.

dirtcrazy4u
01-05-2019, 06:01 PM
^^^ What ???

chupp n bloomer fan
01-05-2019, 06:14 PM
^^^ What ???Well, yeah. Billy Moyer divorced his wife for CJ’s daughter. In any videos you see of Billy these days, she’s the pretty sharp looking blonde lady.

Not a bad idea, though I would think Billy would move the operation to Arkansas.

Mod Runner
01-05-2019, 09:18 PM
So, Is CJ selling the Chassis company or just shop equipment and left over racing parts ?

Krooser
01-06-2019, 01:01 AM
So, Is CJ selling the Chassis company or just shop equipment and left over racing parts ?

I understand the business is for sale.

Highwayman
01-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Though I've long been a Moyer fan/apologist, I was disheartened when I learned he'd divorced his wife. I confess to not knowing the circumstances and do not wish to know them now. If there is anyone out there deserving of carrying on the Rayburn brand and legacy, Moyer fits the bill. Nobody knows the virtues and strengths of swing arm like Billy.