PDA

View Full Version : Casey Shuman To Be Director of WoO Late Model Series in 2019

CIRF
01-07-2019, 09:42 AM
The WoO late models got a hard working, talented and all around good guy to be their director. Casey is a straight shooter and takes to heart everyone's interests from the teams to the promoters to the fans from top to bottom. He cares as much about the smaller, less funded teams as he does about the fat cat teams at the top of the financial totem pole.

I sincerely hope he isn't spreading himself too thin. He took the WAR Sprint Series and made it quite relevant in a relatively short time. War has become a very good working man racer dirt open wheel series and it would be a shame if it suffered from Casey working with WoO's. Knowing what we know that probably won't happen.

Congrats to Casey! The late models will be better for your involvement.

http://www.powri.com/news/?i=68067&clk=featureNews

Highwayman
01-07-2019, 10:03 AM
I sincerely hope this doesn't effect the WAR series, that would be soul crushing... WoO is getting a great guy in Casey, but I don't dig WoO, especially on the DLM side, they have ethics issues.

GEAR_HEAD
01-07-2019, 10:07 AM
I sincerely hope this doesn't effect the WAR series, that would be soul crushing... WoO is getting a great guy in Casey, but I don't dig WoO, especially on the DLM side, they have ethics issues.

All of UMP is corrupt and full of scumbags! There's no room in their organization for upstanding employees so he won't last long.

Highwayman
01-07-2019, 10:08 AM
Bob Memmer must be rolling in his grave to see what they've done to UMP.

kazual
01-07-2019, 10:49 AM
WAR has actually helped me appreciate non wing sprints more over the last few years so someone has been doing something right. He has worked with a more regional and local atmosphere while with WAR, much different situation with WOO late models. Hope he does well.

Josh Bayko
01-07-2019, 11:01 AM
Interesting choice for the position. Should bring a different perspective to the LM side of the sport.

CIRF
01-07-2019, 11:58 AM
WAR has actually helped me appreciate non wing sprints more over the last few years so someone has been doing something right. He has worked with a more regional and local atmosphere while with WAR, much different situation with WOO late models. Hope he does well.

Casey is a straight shooter for sure. The guy who Casey is replacing was even less of a nationally oriented guy, but that may have something to do with why he's no longer the late model director. I don't know Casey all that well but, the fact he's from Arizona and with hard work his driving success paved his way to the Midwest open wheel dirt racing scene. Also, having grown up in a family who's father (Ron Shuman) is of the best and most beloved dirt open wheel drivers and nationally known he certainly has a solid background to draw from.

Casey has walked the fine line of making sure the purses the WAR sprint car series paid didn't bring in the high dollar USAC type teams to their events on a regular basis but still paid sufficient purses as to keep his regular guys involved and happy. He knows WAR can't compete with USAC and WAR gives the guys who have real jobs a chance to race and be competitive without running a huge schedule that requires a ton of travel and USAC Championship caliber equipment to be competitive.

CIRF
01-07-2019, 12:11 PM

I'm with you 100%, HWM. The WAR sprint series has become a great sanction over the past few years under the guidance of Mr. Shuman. It's the only wingless sprint group that races in our area and he see's to it that they run exciting, well organized shows. And if they're not exciting, well organized shows he takes the heat and promises to make sure the problems are addressed. I know of no instance that he didn't straighten things out following a bad show.

Casey got screwed over last October, big time, and worked things out and landed on his feet without missing a beat. I'm thinking WRG saw how that fiasco turned into a net positive and figured he was their kind of guy.

fryefan
01-07-2019, 08:19 PM
Awesome hire for WoO. He made major improvements to the WAR non-wing sprint series .

latemodelfan
01-09-2019, 10:19 AM
Wish him the best of luck. That series needs something positive to happen. They have been sliding downhill for a couple of years. I think this is the third guy in two years.