PDA

View Full Version : BC / Shock mounts ?

Kromulous
01-07-2019, 12:07 PM
I have noticed a change to some BC's on some cars, Longhorns and Black Diamonds mainly. There using a fixed mount on the bottom, its angled but still fixed. My question is, is your using a double swivel, and the bearing on the shock, isnt there a good chance to bind up when one cams over?

I have noticed this before when putting on a coil over assy, but once bolted on, and you smash the car a couple times they usually find there place. Anyway, i thought it was interesting to see the fixed mounts.

Thanks, Krom

Kromulous
01-07-2019, 03:06 PM
Pic of the fixed mount.

ZERO25
01-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Rockets twms were liked that for many years (may still be).

Jking24
01-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Rockets twms were liked that for many years (may still be).Yes they are still the same

TheJet-09
01-08-2019, 08:20 AM
I thought they had to be fixed now, at least according to rules? I could be wrong though, but fixed seems to be the standard.

A ron
01-08-2019, 08:55 AM
I ran into this problem. I can't run a bilstein shock because the retainer hits the mount and I can't find an extension for them that moves the coil over retainer away from the mount. I am going to order the swivel (hopefully they make one) and just hope it's legal.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-08-2019, 12:08 PM
I thought they had to be fixed now, at least according to rules? I could be wrong though, but fixed seems to be the standard.

A literal interpretation of the rules would say yes. I don't think you really have to have them fixed.

j20000
05-08-2019, 09:54 AM
I ran into this problem. I can't run a bilstein shock because the retainer hits the mount and I can't find an extension for them that moves the coil over retainer away from the mount. I am going to order the swivel (hopefully they make one) and just hope it's legal.

I had that problem with my Bilstein lower spring cup. I switched it to a smaller one that I had from a universal coil over kit that I had from an old set of shocks. If you look around you can find a lower cup that doesn't have as much lip on it as the Bilstein kit.

A ron
05-10-2019, 10:13 AM
The actual cup wasn't hitting. It was the retainer that held the cup, but I finally got an extended shock end to move the whole cup and spring up and away. But, I agree having those points is potential for binding and also makes it a pain to change shocks

Krooser
07-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Tader just had a video on a bunch of suspension topic and the lower mounts was one of them.

He advocates for a swivel mount.