PDA

View Full Version : JD / Rumley

rolldog
01-08-2019, 11:24 AM
I missed news of the split when it came out and just saw that the Rumleys will no longer be traveling with JD. Is JD still the man to beat in Lucas? Will it have much of an effect on his success? Certainly has to bode well for Marlar.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-08-2019, 12:03 PM
I missed news of the split when it came out and just saw that the Rumleys will no longer be traveling with JD. Is JD still the man to beat in Lucas? Will it have much of an effect on his success? Certainly has to bode well for Marlar.

JD will not repeat.

ImCryn2
01-08-2019, 12:09 PM
Will hurt JD some, but from what I understand he will still be consulting with the team. It's not like they are losing all his help.

dirty-white-boy
01-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Will hurt JD some, but from what I understand he will still be consulting with the team. It's not like they are losing all his help.

But he will not be there to hold JD's hand. Big difference.

Barbecueboy
01-08-2019, 12:39 PM
JD will not repeat.

He will finish a close second to bloomquist.

dirtcrazy4u
01-08-2019, 12:43 PM
So why can't those 2 get along is the bigger question ? If one had to guess I would say it's JD. Seems like the team just never had that same mogo as when he was wheeling the 6 car. But even after that season ended it was no secret they would not be back.

Barbecueboy
01-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Keep guessing.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-08-2019, 01:14 PM
I think they did get along. I just think Kevin can make as much or more money having his hand in multiple cookie jars and only traveling if he wants to.

Not hard to get along in the 6 car when you got something no one else can get right like you did, and are handing everyone their butt as long as JD didn’t get excited. Not trying to start something, just stating the obvious.

I’d say JD won’t repeat, but who knows. Lucas is tough, you got 4-5 guys who will probably contend for the title. Do they take a hit without Kevin always there, yeah. But JD is still good, and Jason and whoever else Lance buys will help.

Dlmfan123
01-08-2019, 01:55 PM
So why can't those 2 get along is the bigger question ? If one had to guess I would say it's JD. Seems like the team just never had that same mogo as when he was wheeling the 6 car. But even after that season ended it was no secret they would not be back.Jd says he doesn’t understand how two completely opposite people get along so well

Barbecueboy
01-08-2019, 02:08 PM
One is wound pretty tight, the other about as laid back as you'll find.....

Josh Bayko
01-08-2019, 02:13 PM
I don't think Kevin enjoys the grind of following a tour.

MI Dirt Fan
01-08-2019, 02:54 PM
One is wound pretty tight, the other about as laid back as you'll find.....

Which one is Cuz'n Joe?

Hoosier_Dirt
01-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Kevin has said he wants to be home more. end of story

ZERO25
01-08-2019, 07:36 PM
QUOTE: Jd says he doesn’t understand how two completely opposite people get along so well

Been telling my wife that for.....30 years now! I guess its worked out for us! lol

RaceEngineer
01-08-2019, 07:42 PM
So why can't those 2 get along is the bigger question ? If one had to guess I would say it's JD. Seems like the team just never had that same mogo as when he was wheeling the 6 car. But even after that season ended it was no secret they would not be back.Nothing wrong with the get along factor.

ImCryn2
01-08-2019, 11:12 PM
He will finish a close second to bloomquist.

Scott is capable of winning every year, unfortunately he usually shoots himself in the foot multiple times a season.

t3r3e3
01-09-2019, 02:28 AM
Scott is capable of winning every year, unfortunately he usually shoots himself in the foot multiple times a season.

Bloomer does the Plaxico Burress routine a few times every year...

chupp n bloomer fan
01-09-2019, 03:51 AM
Bloomer does the Plaxico Burress routine a few times every year...Very good analogy. And so painfully true.

dirtcrazy4u
01-09-2019, 07:28 AM
Ok I get it. But if Kevin doesn't want to travel so much then what's the deal with marlar ?

MI Dirt Fan
01-09-2019, 07:43 AM
Ok I get it. But if Kevin doesn't want to travel so much then what's the deal with marlar ?

Only running select big money events

fastford
01-09-2019, 07:53 AM
JD was winning races before rumley came along and he will still win races with out him , rumley is smart , no doubt , but i think all his magic is out of the bag and there are others out there stirring up new potions as we speak.....JMO....

dirtcrazy4u
01-09-2019, 08:08 AM
Fast ford I believe you are correct. My eyes this season will be on CBR. They've had the drivers, I want to see what Josh brings to the team and we're they go this season. Was it the cars ? Was it the crew chiefs ? There are no excuses now. I think, does anybody really no ? What will O'Neal be driving this year ? Did they switch both teams over to rocket or just Josh ? Don O'Neal hasn't forgot how to get it done, I'm sure of that. Seeing his counter part going back to WoO will see what he does also.

Bubstr
01-09-2019, 09:51 AM
It's hard to explain, but most teams have a driver that makes all decisions, or a driver and crew chief that can agree on a final decisions. It depends on knowledge and confidence. Some drivers need a cheer leader. A driver that feels good about his self, is always good. Finally someone with a race strategist, especially on long races, is imperative. Does JD have that?

chupp n bloomer fan
01-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Fast ford I believe you are correct. My eyes this season will be on CBR. They've had the drivers, I want to see what Josh brings to the team and we're they go this season. Was it the cars ? Was it the crew chiefs ? There are no excuses now. I think, does anybody really no ? What will O'Neal be driving this year ? Did they switch both teams over to rocket or just Josh ? Don O'Neal hasn't forgot how to get it done, I'm sure of that. Seeing his counter part going back to WoO will see what he does also.Don is in a Rocket. If they both are so so this year, I dunno the answer.

dirtcrazy4u
01-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Thanks cnb. Well if O'Neal is in a rocket I think it will be a very interesting season. The points chase should be a good one. Bloomer better make sure he gets a alarm clock this year cnb.

Josh Bayko
01-09-2019, 05:46 PM

They’re not going up run anywhere near a full schedule. It’ll probably be similar to the schedule they ran with Steve Shaver.

#FALSuperman
01-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Things are good with Rumley and JD.
Marlar wanted to cut back, just as Rumley did.
Both were burned out from the National Tour scene. Things came together unexpectedly and quickly.
The stars aligned.
JD will be in the mix for Lucas Championship with 3 to 4 others.

MI Dirt Fan
01-09-2019, 08:49 PM
JD was winning races before rumley came along

Not while running a national tour.

Barbecueboy
01-09-2019, 09:25 PM
Not while running a national tour.

True, but he didn't have anywhere near the experience and resources back then either and he was still beating some pretty stout fields......I think the ole boy is going to be alright.