PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, SC) - 2019 Schedule.....

HoosierDirtFan
01-08-2019, 01:21 PM
Cherokee Speedway
Gaffney, South Carolina
2019 Schedule - http://www.cherokeespeedwaysc.com/schedule.html

Barbecueboy
01-08-2019, 02:14 PM
Sept 28 has something called tribal nationals......what is that?

jog49
01-08-2019, 02:29 PM
Is it where Indians race Indians?

tsand
01-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Sept 28 has something called tribal nationals......what is that? it's a weekend of big races for the lower divisions of cherokee .

One Man Gang
01-08-2019, 09:00 PM
My money is on a Apache to pull a dirty shenanigan and win

No_Weak_Links
01-08-2019, 09:04 PM
I enjoy it because it's all v8 cars. SECA crates and open wheel mods are usually the headliner.

Barbecueboy
01-08-2019, 09:05 PM
it's a weekend of big races for the lower divisions of cherokee .

Well that's pretty cool....is there a connection between Cherokee and Cherokee nation other than the name?

I like it.

No_Weak_Links
01-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Gaffney is in Cherokee county SC. The high school mascot are the indians....I'm not the history guy but I'm assuming there was a significant amount of Cherokee Indians in the area.

MI Dirt Fan
01-08-2019, 09:14 PM
Surprised no one is offended by it.

One Man Gang
01-08-2019, 09:31 PM
Gaffney is in Cherokee county SC. The high school mascot are the indians....I'm not the history guy but I'm assuming there was a significant amount of Cherokee Indians in the area.
The Lower Eastern Cherokee Nation is located in Gray Court and there is a Cherokee museum in Walhalla. I've never been over there but thinking about going in March just to see the history of it and say I've been there. I try to go to the reservation in Cherokee, NC every summer and loaf around town for a day or two. My great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee so I kinda like seeing a little of what the history of the tribe was like.

Barbecueboy
01-08-2019, 10:13 PM
The Lower Eastern Cherokee Nation is located in Gray Court and there is a Cherokee museum in Walhalla. I've never been over there but thinking about going in March just to see the history of it and say I've been there. I try to go to the reservation in Cherokee, NC every summer and loaf around town for a day or two. My great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee so I kinda like seeing a little of what the history of the tribe was like.

Didn't know any of those things....been to Cherokee NC and the surrounding areas a bunch I just never associated the Cherokee people being down in SC for some reason.....duh.

That's pretty cool history

One Man Gang
01-08-2019, 10:36 PM
Didn't know any of those things....been to Cherokee NC and the surrounding areas a bunch I just never associated the Cherokee people being down in SC for some reason.....duh.

That's pretty cool history
If I'm not mistaken original Cherokee territory was made up of the northern part of Georgia, western North Carolina, northwest part of South Carolina (Piedmont region) and a very small portion of East Tennessee until the trail of tears when they drove most of them off to Oklahoma except for several hundred that hid out in the mountains and eventually formed the Qualla Boundary. I think I'm right about most of that.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-08-2019, 10:41 PM

And the CHIEFS HAVE A SMOKE OUT IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN🤪

Barbecueboy
01-09-2019, 07:24 AM
And the CHIEFS HAVE A SMOKE OUT IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN浪

Peace pipe at the drivers meeting???

Thanks for the info guys, had no idea about a lot of it.