PDA

View Full Version : Wild West Shootout ----- Morning Race ----- Saturday, January 12th 2019.....

HoosierDirtFan
01-12-2019, 08:15 AM
Wild West Shootout
Saturday,January 12th 2019

Morning Race

Race Thread for the Morning / Early Afternoon portion of the double header today.

MUD MAESTRO
01-12-2019, 09:12 AM
Pierce wins one more race, bonus $25,000. Wins 5 races $100,000. Pierce sweeps the 6 races, a Quarter Million Dollar Bonus!!!!........The promotors must be nervous?......Don't you dare change the format.

TJHTA42
01-12-2019, 10:04 AM
The promoter not worrying about anything. The premium on the insurance policy is paid. the insurance company is worried more than the promoters.

kidrock
01-12-2019, 10:10 AM
Bloomer gets a win today and ends Pierce's chance for the quarter million.

Barbecueboy
01-12-2019, 10:11 AM
Well now then, pierce power sports just needs to go on and clean house and get the money.......this is very interesting and getting kind of exciting to watch.....it's a good story for the sport.

thexfactor0210
01-12-2019, 10:24 AM
I would love to see Bobby win the big bonus. However, winning 4 races in 48 hours would be an extraordinary accomplishment. Who knows...maybe he can do it.

Illtsate32
01-12-2019, 10:27 AM
When's the day race start and is tonight's race regular scheduled time? I'm Def tuning in tonight, regardless I hope Bobby sweeps but if not takes home a big chunk of the money? I'm gna half to say Bobby is gna half to qualify at least 3rd or better and finish no worse than 2nd in the rest of his nights..he could still get it done but his qualifying efforts are why hes 3 for 3 so far...

thexfactor0210
01-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Races start at noon mountain time today and around 6 tonight I believe

WildBill32
01-12-2019, 12:53 PM
With the sun blazing down on the track. The track prep crew is doing a good job keeping water on the track... Sooooooo far....

WildBill32
01-12-2019, 01:08 PM
Bloomer was late to the pill draw. And will be the last one to take time. In group four.

Birky.Fan
01-12-2019, 01:21 PM
Bloomer was late to the pill draw. And will be the last one to take time. In group four.

Someone stay up a little to late last night? ;)

Slinging
01-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Looks like Pierce is Fastest so far out of 3 qualifying groups

WildBill32
01-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Bobby fast time over all. Even though Bobby won over 35k last yr. In day races. With B- Shepp starting on the outside of row 1 in the first heat. That might B bad news 4 Bobby in heat one today.

Dlmfan123
01-12-2019, 02:19 PM
Pierce beard weiss won the first 3 heats fourth one on the track now

Dlmfan123
01-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Bloomer wins 4

Dlmfan123
01-12-2019, 02:25 PM
https://twitter.com/dsuave_12/status/1084183554211250176?s=21

WildBill32
01-12-2019, 02:26 PM
B-Shepp won heat 1(Good job Shepp). Bloomer from 6th to 1st in heat 4. The track got black slick in a hurry! Bobby will start 5th in the A-Main. Hope the track don't take rubber.

7tracks
01-12-2019, 02:30 PM
Between the 1st and 2nd lm heat. All of us standing at the top heard a and sees a late model racing down the highway. Never seen it return. But after Bloomquist won the 4th heat(being the only driver to hook on the bottom thus far), said in the post race interview that he was testing fuel pressure and a electrical problem out on the highway! Lol!! Classic

WildBill32
01-12-2019, 02:40 PM
B-Shepp drew the poll 4 the A-Main.

WildBill32
01-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Late Models all on the bottom now in the B-Mains. Track will take rubber if the track prep crew don't do something with it. Before the A-Main.

RaceEngineer
01-12-2019, 03:05 PM
The quarter million is gone.

Highside Hustler25
01-12-2019, 03:10 PM
The quarter million is gone.

lol. pay attention Jr. Ya might learn sumthin.

RaceEngineer
01-12-2019, 03:13 PM
lol. pay attention Jr. Ya might learn sumthin.I think you may do some learning.

RaceEngineer
01-12-2019, 03:28 PM
He did a good job with that rocking horse. It don't work on that type deal.

WildBill32
01-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Weiss wins the A-Main. In a rubberd up train race. With rain on the way. Hot laps will start @ 4.30pm CT time. For the 2nd event.

Thedoctor
01-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Congrats to the Weiss team, hopefully the first of many this year!!!

RaceEngineer
01-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Weiss wins the A-Main. In a rubberd up train race. With rain on the way. Hot laps will start @ 4.30pm CT time. For the 2nd event.They changed it to 430 mountain time.

Swampy121
01-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Crickets in the posse...

Illtsate32
01-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Crickets in the posse...

Lmao you guys mouths been slapped shut for a week now you wanna talk...sit your a** down plenty of cash to be taken back to Ill still...running ur trap cause he didn't win every single race lol..I can't wait till he hits his stride and all the haters get run off this board....

kidrock
01-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Crickets in the posse...

No crickets I already said Bloomer was going to get a win today and ruin the chance for Bobby to win the quarter million but, it was Weiss instead

TMaCiLLiNi39
01-12-2019, 03:48 PM
Lmao you guys mouths been slapped shut for a week now you wanna talk...sit your a** down plenty of cash to be taken back to Ill still...

You are a big reason why people hate Bobby on here... maybe you should be the one that should “Sit your a$$ down...”

MI Dirt Fan
01-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Anyone know what the emergency in the pit area was?

WildBill32
01-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Yes, it starts 4.30 Mtn time. The track is junk right now... They need to dig it up. & put alot of water down. In a short time or it will be another train race. Imo....

kidrock
01-12-2019, 03:56 PM
Boy that's a good reason not to like someone because, of some of his fans smh!!

Illtsate32
01-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Anybody around the track or watching radar what's the chances of them running tonight you think?

pierceFAN
01-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Crickets in the posse...

What do you expect? For real...pierce fans get bashed if they say anything positive about him when he wins....what are you expecting us to do when he gets 5th? Hoot and holler?? You guys kill me...

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Anyone hear the 50/50 number?

Birky.Fan
01-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Anybody around the track or watching radar what's the chances of them running tonight you think?

Weather.com shows it's going to miss them right now. Or around 10pm

Slinging
01-12-2019, 04:17 PM
They was tired of Bobby walking the dog on them around the top so they had to cater to someone and switch the track up lol

MI Dirt Fan
01-12-2019, 04:19 PM
I thought these guys in front were suppose to lay down for him to win the bonus so they could get more money than what the race paid.

WildBill32
01-12-2019, 04:20 PM
B-Shepp should have won that race. But, he had a hard time keeping his car down in the rubber. One slip up high & Weiss got buy him. And it was all over but the crying after that.

Clayton_Wetter
01-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Lmao you guys mouths been slapped shut for a week now you wanna talk...sit your a** down plenty of cash to be taken back to Ill still...running ur trap cause he didn't win every single race lol..I can't wait till he hits his stride and all the haters get run off this board....

Oh shut up!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhh that felt gooood!!!!! :)

Clayton_Wetter
01-12-2019, 04:23 PM
lol. pay attention Jr. Ya might learn sumthin.

Okay what did we need to learn???? :)

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-12-2019, 04:24 PM
I thought these guys in front were suppose to lay down for him to win the bonus so they could get more money than what the race paid.

There is not enough bonus up for grabs to pay people to lay down yet. Surely, you get that?

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-12-2019, 04:26 PM
B-Shepp should have won that race. But, he had a hard time keeping his car down in the rubber. One slip up high & Weiss got buy him. And it was all over but the crying after that.

He was bending his car bad at first. I didn't think his rr would hold. But he got better.

MI Dirt Fan
01-12-2019, 04:26 PM
I thought they were suppose to so he won the $250k.

Zonks32x
01-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Speaking ONLY on my own personal behalf.

Pierce fans or any drivers fans shouldn't say anything after their driver finishes 5th. As was stated earlier, they didn't until poked.

Pierce fans can cackle like hyenas to their hearts content after Bobby wins, b/c to the victor goes the spoils. Spike that football as much as you want.

What annoys the he!! out of me is when Pierce fans start talking about he's "the best" in the game and "Driver X and Driver Y aren't any good," and "B-Shepp doesn't deserve the Rocket 1 ride," and countless other blurbs of verbal diarrhea that would make even a chimpanzee scratch his head in disbelief.

The kid is talented and the kid has won some big races...but he hasn't come anywhere close to the area code that Moyer and Bloomer are in. Summernats and UMP titles are great, but until he goes out and wins a title on a National Tour and beats the best of the best over a 50 race schedule it's all just Charlie Brown's mom...."Whah, Whah, Whah, Whah, Whah..."

Illtsate32
01-12-2019, 04:51 PM
Sorry DF it was stated if he got to 4-5 wins then would deals be made. Re read it will educate you on what you are trying to speak of..and nobody said B Shepp wasn't deserving of House car, driver of the year is just not the same without that car and it's just a fact. So stop mixing words trying to fit you guys narritives...and Bobbys 3-4 75% so far the worst he can do is 50%, lol us fans will take that...

kidrock
01-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Speaking ONLY on my own personal behalf.

Pierce fans or any drivers fans shouldn't say anything after their driver finishes 5th. As was stated earlier, they didn't until poked.

Pierce fans can cackle like hyenas to their hearts content after Bobby wins, b/c to the victor goes the spoils. Spike that football as much as you want.

What annoys the he!! out of me is when Pierce fans start talking about he's "the best" in the game and "Driver X and Driver Y aren't any good," and "B-Shepp doesn't deserve the Rocket 1 ride," and countless other blurbs of verbal diarrhea that would make even a chimpanzee scratch his head in disbelief.

The kid is talented and the kid has won some big races...but he hasn't come anywhere close to the area code that Moyer and Bloomer are in. Summernats and UMP titles are great, but until he goes out and wins a title on a National Tour and beats the best of the best over a 50 race schedule it's all just Charlie Brown's mom...."Whah, Whah, Whah, Whah, Whah..."

Most Pierce fans don't believe he is in the same category with Bloomquist and Moyer but, he hasn't been racing late Models for 30 or 40 years either. What most fans believe for his age and what he has accomplished so far is he's a pretty good wheel man. You don't have to like him but, you have to admit at times he is fun to watch and some nights he along with others put on a pretty good show for the fans and the fans leave the race feeling at least they got their monies worth. Now I realize some haters will never like Bobby no matter what he does but, Bobby isn't the only driver that has fans like that.

WildBill32
01-12-2019, 04:55 PM
Wow! Give it some time Zonks32x. Moyer & Bloomer are how old? And Bobby is what 21? Time will tell how good he is. Ugh... It will B ok Zonks... Now go and take you're nap. Lol....

Illtsate32
01-12-2019, 04:57 PM
Pierce fans don't spike the ball near as hard as other people do with their driver or people do to trash or discredit Bobby, Huck unprovoked said hate all you want but the condescending comments were coming regardless and what he says is true whether you like it or not...

Clayton_Wetter
01-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Did I hear a noise????? :confused:

kidrock
01-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Wow! Give it some time Zonks32x. Moyer & Bloomer are how old? And Bobby is what 21? Time will tell how good he is. Ugh... It will B ok Zonks... Now go and take you're nap. Lol....

My thoughts as well!!

klemmabyna
01-12-2019, 05:07 PM
Speaking ONLY on my own personal behalf....it's all just Charlie Brown's mom...."Whah, Whah, Whah, Whah, Whah..."

Zonks32x: I was with you right up until that.

not his mom. that was his teacher that sounded like that!!!

Zonks32x
01-12-2019, 05:50 PM

Go back and read my post and see how many times I've said the kid is good....NUMEROUS.

We don't need anymore time to see that. Anyone who has watched the kid race can clearly see that.

And when Bobby is 41...we can all look back and celebrate his 15 summernational titles.

I understand why he is NOT, but I'd like to see the kid on a National tour.

Add WoO or Lucas Oil Champion to the resume...and the argument becomes much stronger.

WildBill32
01-12-2019, 06:01 PM
15 Summer National titles. Lol... I don't see that happening... But, that would be a good stat though...

pierceFAN
01-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Go back and read my post and see how many times I've said the kid is good....NUMEROUS.

We don't need anymore time to see that. Anyone who has watched the kid race can clearly see that.

And when Bobby is 41...we can all look back and celebrate his 15 summernational titles.

I understand why he is NOT, but I'd like to see the kid on a National tour.

Add WoO or Lucas Oil Champion to the resume...and the argument becomes much stronger.

you put a lot of weight on those titles....the 15 summer national titles would be cool...lets see your logic...he has 3 SN titles now....so 15 would be 5 times what he has now...so at his current rate...when he reaches 15 SN titles...he should also have 5 world 100's...5 North/souths...5 Show me's...10 gateways... 5 pittsburgers...5 jacksons.....etc etc...i think at age 41 even without winning one of your highly rated traveling money pits of a series... he as well as many other driver would be happy with that career

chopter
01-12-2019, 07:08 PM
we will see how good he is when his dad isnt around.

pierceFAN
01-12-2019, 08:01 PM

not taking anything away from bob...but do you really believe that? ...think about it...bobbys been around racing all his life...as a very young kid hanging out in the shop listening and learning as his dad builds race cars...how many times do you think he has heard his dad talk to other racers about their set ups...hes been racing since like age 9...driving late models before he had a drivers license...my point is...he has learned from his hall of fame dad and the racers hes been around...he has raced and beat the best of them...give the young man a little credit...people think hes rich and sits on a pile of money while everyone else does the work...hes no dummy...and he knows a lot more about the car and setups then he gets credit for

kidrock
01-12-2019, 08:51 PM

You mean like when they said the same thing about Richards and he went out and won the Lucas Championship.

As long as he has people around him that can get the car to his liking I don't see any reason he can't be just as good if not better with more experience.

Zonks32x
01-12-2019, 09:04 PM
pierceFAN,

One of my highly rated money pits of a series....that's funny.

If they were mine, the first thing I would do is eliminate one of them, and pay 18 full-time heavy-hitters $1800 in tow money instead of $700/night to drag their cars track to track, but I digress.

What's the big deal about winning WoO or Lucas...I'll explain, because apparently you don't get it.

When a driver wins the North/South, or the DWTC, PDC, Silver Dollar Nats, the Dirt Million (300k), USA Nats, etc., that is certainly impressive because one driver was the best out of 50-70+ entrants. But they were only the best for one weekend.

When you're JD or Marlar (to use the most recent Series champs), you proved to be the best over 50+ nights of racing against other elite DLM teams, at tracks across the country, not just one region. That's why it carries weight with me.

Do you believe a Lucas or WoO title is no big deal? Tell that to Bloomquist, JD, Sheppard, Marlar, Owens, Richards, EPJ, Don O'Neal, Lanigan, Clanton, Francis, Moyer, etc.

pierceFAN
01-12-2019, 09:53 PM
pierceFAN,

One of my highly rated money pits of a series....that's funny.

If they were mine, the first thing I would do is eliminate one of them, and pay 18 full-time heavy-hitters $1800 in tow money instead of $700/night to drag their cars track to track, but I digress.

What's the big deal about winning WoO or Lucas...I'll explain, because apparently you don't get it.

When a driver wins the North/South, or the DWTC, PDC, Silver Dollar Nats, the Dirt Million (300k), USA Nats, etc., that is certainly impressive because one driver was the best out of 50-70+ entrants. But they were only the best for one weekend.

When you're JD or Marlar (to use the most recent Series champs), you proved to be the best over 50+ nights of racing against other elite DLM teams, at tracks across the country, not just one region. That's why it carries weight with me.

Do you believe a Lucas or WoO title is no big deal? Tell that to Bloomquist, JD, Sheppard, Marlar, Owens, Richards, EPJ, Don O'Neal, Lanigan, Clanton, Francis, Moyer, etc.

nope...never said they were not a big deal...i dont think those titles carry as much weight as you think...lucas has more heavy hitters than WoO...but...those series seperate the top driivers...so ya...when someone wins all those big races that ALL or most of the top drivers are there...it carries more weight with me...touring series' have hurt DLM...the mere fact a guy would drive 5 hours farther and pass up a couple of tracks along the way that pay the same seems kind of like a bad business decision...unless you got money to burn...like about a handfull of teams have...and this kinda started because of your jab at bobby..."see him at 41 when he has 15 summernational titles"...like thats all he can do is win summernational titles...well MF (my friend) there is a long list of stellar drivers who have never won a WoO or Lucas title...or 15 summernational titles for that matter

chopter
01-12-2019, 10:23 PM
You mean like when they said the same thing about Richards and he went out and won the Lucas Championship.

As long as he has people around him that can get the car to his liking I don't see any reason he can't be just as good if not better with more experience.

yes i mean exactly like that haha. i enjoy watching bobby race and i hope he carries on like he is now once his dad isnt around.

RaceEngineer
01-12-2019, 10:52 PM
pierceFAN,One of my highly rated money pits of a series....that's funny.If they were mine, the first thing I would do is eliminate one of them, and pay 18 full-time heavy-hitters $1800 in tow money instead of $700/night to drag their cars track to track, but I digress.What's the big deal about winning WoO or Lucas...I'll explain, because apparently you don't get it.When a driver wins the North/South, or the DWTC, PDC, Silver Dollar Nats, the Dirt Million (300k), USA Nats, etc., that is certainly impressive because one driver was the best out of 50-70+ entrants. But they were only the best for one weekend.When you're JD or Marlar (to use the most recent Series champs), you proved to be the best over 50+ nights of racing against other elite DLM teams, at tracks across the country, not just one region. That's why it carries weight with me.Do you believe a Lucas or WoO title is no big deal? Tell that to Bloomquist, JD, Sheppard, Marlar, Owens, Richards, EPJ, Don O'Neal, Lanigan, Clanton, Francis, Moyer, etc.Bloomquist and Moyer, especially Moyer, have often chosen not to follow the series.

kidrock
01-13-2019, 08:04 AM
yes i mean exactly like that haha. i enjoy watching bobby race and i hope he carries on like he is now once his dad isnt around.

lol, It looks like he has the talent but, one day we will find out because at some point Bob will retire from the day to day operation.

Clayton_Wetter
01-18-2019, 02:27 PM
15 Summer National titles. Lol... I don't see that happening... But, that would be a good stat though...

Don't know for sure how many more Summer Nationals they actually will have. You never know. It might go on for years or suddenly just end.

Barbecueboy
01-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Sorry DF it was stated if he got to 4-5 wins then would deals be made. Re read it will educate you on what you are trying to speak of..and nobody said B Shepp wasn't deserving of House car, driver of the year is just not the same without that car and it's just a fact. So stop mixing words trying to fit you guys narritives...and Bobbys 3-4 75% so far the worst he can do is 50%, lol us fans will take that...

I missed this the other day or would have commented before now.......it wasn't said that deals would be made , it was a question that was asked and then vetted by multiple posters with multiple opinions.

There is a huge difference.

Feel more educated now that your words are unmixed?hope so and hope we can put our disagreements on what words mean behind us.

RaceEngineer
01-18-2019, 04:09 PM
Don't know for sure how many more Summer Nationals they actually will have. You never know. It might go on for years or suddenly just end.I think the whole deal will be dead in less than 10 years.

Barbecueboy
01-18-2019, 04:11 PM

Come on kid, you don't really believe mark wasn't around when josh drove for best do you??

Bob has a huge influence on his son just like most of our fathers do or did....

MI Dirt Fan
01-18-2019, 04:14 PM
I think the whole deal will be dead in less than 10 years.

I can't believe they have cars following the modified portion that pays pocket change compared to what it cost to run competitively every event.