PDA

View Full Version : Bloomer and Clements in Az?

President Clinton
01-13-2019, 05:45 AM
Did the Custom fall flat?

MI Dirt Fan
01-13-2019, 06:00 AM
Looked like he had one in from the pic I saw now that you mentioned it. I was wondering too if he was running both cars and one has a Clements and one has a Custom. If anyone knows...

President Clinton
01-13-2019, 06:40 AM
Also looks like Kenny Wallace must be hanging out with Bloomer???? He totally missed his race.....working on the car

Kromulous
01-13-2019, 11:22 AM
He is running a Clements power plant now?

His car looks down on power to me, the 1st couple of nights it was really fast but something changed.

huskerdirt
01-13-2019, 11:31 AM
I remember when Jimmy Owens ran one. He was down on power also.

hucktyson
01-13-2019, 11:37 AM
You people are comical .... Clements is one of the top 2 engine builders in dirt latemodel racing with Cornett being the other one ... down on power on a slick 1/3rd mile ??? Lol lol. Yeah a 430+ spread bore is no where close to enough power for a slick 1/3rd mile lol

RaceEngineer
01-13-2019, 11:45 AM
I remember when Jimmy Owens ran one. He was down on power also.I remember when Bloomer won at Charlotte with a Custom a few months back. You need power there.

Josh Bayko
01-13-2019, 11:51 AM
He’s very clearly having fuel issues of some sort. Fix that and it won’t matter all that much what is under the hood.

RaceEngineer
01-13-2019, 11:59 AM
Probably not get fuel back to the pickup of his trick fuel cell.

Tireguy17
01-13-2019, 03:07 PM
I don’t remember hearing Weiss or McDowell having these fuel issues......?

RaceEngineer
01-13-2019, 06:32 PM
Nope. They don't.

Kromulous
01-13-2019, 07:00 PM
Judging by the smoke in the heat race he is about to expire another power plant. Question is thou, is it a Clements or Custom? Car still looks down on power compared to Pierce, unless he is so tight he cant carry speed, which is highly likely.

Jking24
01-13-2019, 07:31 PM
Doesn't much matter who built it if he has been leaning it out all week with fuel problems and he hurt it it's gonna let go. That's not a engine builder problem

grt74
01-13-2019, 07:34 PM
Doesn't much matter who built it if he has been leaning it out all week with fuel problems and he hurt it it's gonna let go. That's not a engine builder problem

most of the time its not the builder, maintenance is the key, and lets face it its racing things happen, but he did say he is having fuel problems, running lean is like putting a torch on the piston

Kromulous
01-13-2019, 09:52 PM
Whatever it was cleared up in the Feature, he was seriously fast in the later portion. Like you said, it was probably lean.

Its always the Engine Builders fault, just ask one, and or ask any Driver... LOL sad but true.

RaceEngineer
01-13-2019, 10:44 PM
RC Whitwell was pretty fast tonight. Must be that Hatfield power.

No_Weak_Links
01-14-2019, 08:31 AM
I remember when Jimmy Owens ran one. He was down on power also.

How much faster would Fergy have gone at Eldora when he set the track record if he hadn't been "down on horsepower?" And how does Madden win all the places he does "down on horsepower?"

heinen81
01-14-2019, 09:08 AM
Haha this is awesome. "his car looks down on power to me". "Judging by the smoke he is going to expire a powerplant". Lol heck between you two, one is going to make dynos obsolete and the other a motor whisperer. Every time I think I read the absolute dumbest reply I could, 2 more are right behind. lol

Kromulous
01-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Well the next time ole Bloomquist looks off we will consult you genius !

I still stand on what i said, he looked down on power, maybe he was just lacking speed, to tight whatever. Plus anytime you see one of the Major players smoking there tends to be fire.

Bubstr
01-14-2019, 09:15 PM
Wiess, said in one of his interviews, that he was running a smaller engine, this week and seems to be working very well. Running a engine matched to the track, is easier to pedal and get as much forward drive, as possible. Some think the gas pedal is a off/ on switch, it's not. If there are 50 shades of Gray, there must be 100 shades of GO pedal.

Fuel pressure issues can make you pull your hair out. More to it than meets the eye at times. Pluming, regulator, pump, pick up and pluming, all have to work together, especially if you have flow and pressure working together.

Kromulous
01-15-2019, 09:06 AM
Well, i would agree with that Bubstr, smaller engine thing being useful at times.

Fuel pressure can be frustrating. Once i had a proven combo that worked, we built every car after the exact same LOL. Right down to the hose sizes.

He interviewed and said it was a sending unit reading bad, that would make you cuss, wow.

Anyway, was just wondering how Custom did, i hope well. I like Larry Clark, and his Son, good people that were fair and very help full to us in the past. I wish them much success.

Krooser
01-15-2019, 01:39 PM
One if the best things I learned from my old racing partner Louie was the "long throttle"... change the gas pedal ratio to increase the distance your foot travels from closed to wide open... much better throttle control.

Bubstr
01-15-2019, 06:29 PM
Funny thing is, you can do it the same and get different results. Your working with two basic physical laws and a slight difference in components, can throw every thing off. Pasquale's Law, Beneulies Law, not sure of spelling and I'm just the shade tree Physic man. A spring in the regulator can be a little stuffed or weaker and throw every thing off. Where you put your pressure pick up can cross up those stairs Laws and cause fluctuation. How much fuel is on top of pick up can change the initial volumetric pressure. Then think about defusers, that if you know nothing about, get help. The atomize fuel better ad look ridiculous. It's not the engine builders fault. Most just know how to set a float and that's it. It's a lot harder if your not sitting in the stands.

Mod Runner
01-17-2019, 03:43 AM
It will be interesting to what engine Bloomquist brings to speedweeks in February.

grt74
01-17-2019, 05:16 AM
It will be interesting to what engine Bloomquist brings to speedweeks in February.

he is historically not so hot in florida, he runs good but doesn't just dominate down there