PDA

View Full Version : Eastbay Today

TTS_JF
01-20-2019, 01:49 PM
Stopped by east bay today, and the sweeteners plus rig was parked down from pit entrance. Also there was an Arnie Ranta sponsored modified, who drives it?

MI Dirt Fan
01-20-2019, 02:18 PM
Somewhere I read the other day Tmac was suppose to be testing there coming up. Can't remember where I saw that though.

Jet Jockey
01-20-2019, 02:28 PM
Just my opinion but I think there needs to be an end put to testing sessions. Possibly just limit it to the day prior to the event. It costs too much and gives unfair advantages to those that can afford to do it. Just ask NASCAR.

MI Dirt Fan
01-20-2019, 02:32 PM
Just my opinion but I think there needs to be an end put to testing sessions. Possibly just limit it to the day prior to the event. It costs too much and gives unfair advantages to those that can afford to do it. Just ask NASCAR.
WoO has something they implemented I think last year or the year before. Not sure if Lucas has the same rule.

ZERO25
01-20-2019, 02:38 PM
Sooooo, did they finally get a driver or is it a different rig?

RaceEngineer
01-20-2019, 02:57 PM
WoO has something they implemented I think last year or the year before. Not sure if Lucas has the same rule.Lucas doesn't allow testing within a week of an event, I believe.

RaceEngineer
01-20-2019, 02:58 PM
Sooooo, did they finally get a driver or is it a different rig?Maybe Timmy got his CDL?

TMaCiLLiNi39
01-20-2019, 03:12 PM
Maybe Timmy got his CDL?

Timmy has been in Tulsa... try and keep up

ZERO25
01-20-2019, 03:25 PM
Maybe Timmy got his CDL?

Maybe......this whole deal is a joke.

Theres many ways for the owner to transfer the rigs ownership to Timmy and release him of all liability!

champion24
01-20-2019, 03:47 PM

Mostly agree. Nascar screwed up with the testing ban! And they know it! Brought on pull down rigs, wind tunnels, simulation, tons of engineers, etc. Sound familiar!! those with money will usually have an edge though! One way or another!

RaceEngineer
01-20-2019, 07:02 PM
Timmy has been in Tulsa... try and keep upTulsa is a boring town. I don't believe a late model race was there either. Not on my radar.

t3r3e3
01-20-2019, 07:13 PM
Mostly agree. Nascar screwed up with the testing ban! And they know it! Brought on pull down rigs, wind tunnels, simulation, tons of engineers, etc. Sound familiar!! those with money will usually have an edge though! One way or another!

NA$CAR screwed up when Brian France won the sperm race.

GrocMax
01-20-2019, 07:15 PM
Ranta been sponsoring Larson for a long time. Raced mods for years. Tulsa= Chili Bowl for Tim.

TDRacin®
01-20-2019, 07:18 PM
Tulsa is a boring town. I don't believe a late model race was there either. Not on my radar.

Your loss.

TTS_JF
01-20-2019, 07:24 PM
Who drives the ranta mod? What's the sweeteners plus rig doing there.. nobody has answered either.

squaredup12
01-20-2019, 07:43 PM
McCreadie testing with Buckingham (Double Down Motorsports crew) and “some others”...per the article on InsideDirtRacing.com regarding DDM’s potential Lucas Oil run.

ClampedUp
01-20-2019, 07:46 PM
Heck I've seen various WoO and Lucas teams up here in Western PA testing at tracks like Marion Center and Dog Hollow quite a few times over the years.
Usually chassis, tire, and or shock companies doing testing and they usually invite the locals to participate.
I see nothing wrong with it....

chupp n bloomer fan
01-20-2019, 09:57 PM
Maybe......this whole deal is a joke.

Theres many ways for the owner to transfer the rigs ownership to Timmy and release him of all liability!Tim doesn’t have his CDL last I knew, and personally it’s a bad idea to put all that on the driver.

ZERO25
01-20-2019, 10:00 PM
Oh I definitely agree with ya cnb!

But it would be a whole lot easier if they put the hauler in Timmys name, then all the liability issues involving Sweetners Plus would be over!

chupp n bloomer fan
01-20-2019, 10:11 PM
Oh I definitely agree with ya cnb!

But it would be a whole lot easier if they put the hauler in Timmys name, then all the liability issues involving Sweetners Plus would be over!True. But I’m sure Tim doesn’t want the hassle, or worrying about a driver too. Plus the upkeep.

MI Dirt Fan
01-20-2019, 10:19 PM
Who drives the ranta mod? What's the sweeteners plus rig doing there.. nobody has answered either.

I told ya they were doing some testing there but couldn't remember where I read it

zyoung25
01-20-2019, 11:20 PM

Some some of the team's are going GIS this week to test, not sure why they would be at east bay already. I know JD was at GIS at the end of this past week.

This is just a shot in the dark, I'm not claiming to know anything. There was a rumor going around awhile back that Ranta was sponsoring the longhorn house car, I took it as tmac was getting the sponsor. Maybe it was Strickler that got the sponsor? Not sure why it would happen like that, but it would make sense. Tmac was supposedly leasing Boom Briggs rig for speedweeks. Maybe sweetners sold their hauler? I would've thought they would've wanted their name off of it though.

MI Dirt Fan
01-20-2019, 11:30 PM
Maybe that is what it was GIS. I'd a swore I read they were testing at East Bay though.

RaceEngineer
01-21-2019, 05:38 AM
I've seen plenty of drivers behind the wheel of the hauler, CnB.

TTS_JF
01-21-2019, 07:12 AM
Thanks for replies, I'll stop by the track today and see whose around

TTS_JF
01-21-2019, 09:02 AM
Bronson will be testing as well

Dlmfan123
01-21-2019, 01:53 PM
Buckingham just posted a picture on Facebook they are testing at east bay today with tmac

NY DIRT
01-21-2019, 02:17 PM
Buckingham just posted a picture on Facebook they are testing at east bay today with tmac

Are they testing today or tonight. What good is testing during the day when the races are all held at night???

Dlmfan123
01-21-2019, 04:09 PM
Are they testing today or tonight. What good is testing during the day when the races are all held at night???Dang man I didn’t know I needed to put down the exact time they are going on and off the track. Bronson is there as well

Dlmfan123
01-22-2019, 04:55 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs8qppOBOvk/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=pac57shke9fp The modified Gordy gundaker is running at east bay. Maybe you thought these were Arnie ranta?

chupp n bloomer fan
01-22-2019, 06:03 PM
I've seen plenty of drivers behind the wheel of the hauler, CnB.Yes, he was naming touring drivers. Erb Jr was mentioned, Eckert, probably Tyler Erb, I dunno who else as far as touring guys.

dalemcfan
01-22-2019, 08:00 PM
The sweeteners plus hauler and a few others were at Golden Isles this afternoon.

TTS_JF
01-24-2019, 08:32 AM
You are correct dlmfan; not sure if it was gundaker or the other one but one of the cars got in a little crash in the b-main I believe last night.