PDA

View Full Version : Just like the old days

pierceFAN
01-21-2019, 07:26 AM
....it seems like a totally different board...somebody is making it great again! Thanks trump lol

Lennylinda
01-21-2019, 08:09 AM
I agree. Less with meaningful information is better than a lot of nonsense.

Cardirt0
01-21-2019, 10:53 AM
This is NOT a thing like it use to be. First about 200 real good posters are gone. a lot of People that have no though in there heads are here now. And theirs ADDs everywhere for things for sell. and you are not allowed to say what is REAL.

racenut
01-21-2019, 12:21 PM
Glad Cardirt0 is still around......hope you are surviving this winter mess Gary!

Cardirt0
01-21-2019, 05:00 PM
Glad Cardirt0 is still around......hope you are surviving this winter mess Gary!

Still here the Doc. says ever time i go see him boy did i miss the your dead on you. 8 years sense he said I be dead in 2 weeks.

CIRF
01-21-2019, 06:13 PM
This is NOT a thing like it use to be. First about 200 real good posters are gone. a lot of People that have no though in there heads are here now. And theirs ADDs everywhere for things for sell. and you are not allowed to say what is REAL.

Great to see you posting again, Gary.

Did ya' see where the WAR Series show that has been held during the Champaign County Fair the past 2 years is not on the schedule this year? Sad deal. Talked to Casey Shuman while we were in Tulsa for The Chili Bowl and he said the fair board was having too much blow back from the surrounding residential area for having a race date during the week even though it was during the fair.

Stay warm and take care my friend!

ClampedUp
01-21-2019, 06:17 PM
This place is nowhere near like it was back in the day....

fryefan
01-21-2019, 08:13 PM
I rarely post on here anymore, because of all the nonsense. Somebody needs to PERMANENTLY ban those that ruin it with their childish behavior.

Zonks32x
01-21-2019, 09:41 PM
You guys keep posting, only do it more often please!!

A lot of valuable experience, insight, and stories lost when y'all go on hiatus.

slmcrewchief99
01-21-2019, 09:56 PM
This place is nothing like it used to be. Thats a fact...

HoosierDirtFan
01-21-2019, 10:34 PM
This place is a shell of it's former self. 4m moto used to be the most opinionated message board. Now the moderators regulate that pretty regularly. Used to be able to have a civilized conversation with out any issues. Not so much the case now a days. Would love to see folks come back; but I think the damage has been done to a certain degree.

MI Dirt Fan
01-21-2019, 10:53 PM
I rarely post on here anymore, because of all the nonsense. Somebody needs to PERMANENTLY ban those that ruin it with their childish behavior.
Agree 100% but they have cracked down on some of it.

Driver50x
01-22-2019, 03:47 AM
I'm sure it's not easy deciding where to draw the line as a moderator, but they seem to doing a much better job of it recently.

NormP
01-22-2019, 11:44 AM
What some of you don't seem to realize is that things/places always change, and message boards are not as popular as they used to be with all the other forms of social media that have popped up in the past 10-12 years.

Barbecueboy
01-22-2019, 12:24 PM
Some People are in denial about that, but you are correct.......as much as they want to blame everyone else for " message boards being in demise" , they need to assume a lot of that responsibility because they themselves have run off to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, snapchat or whatever the informational app djour is to get the info and the race chatter now.

But unfortunately human nature is to place blame these days instead of accepting responsibility and you will always have people yearning for how " it used to be" before somebody ruined it.

I used to love my blackberry and my flip phone.

MI Dirt Fan
01-22-2019, 02:28 PM
I think you can find info from both forums and social media. Only thing with the forums it's hard to assume something is 100% accurate all the time. But as fast as info travels now it doesn't take long for it to be confirmed. Facebook was actually geared only towards keeping up with friends and family. It got bigger than expected so other things nwere added like personal and business pages. Twitter is more in a form of just passing/reporting information and not following friends and family. Of course majority of Twitter is parody acct names.

Barbecueboy
01-22-2019, 03:15 PM
What's kind of strange is that in most cases the folks complaining about how great the message board used to be are the very same ones that ran to Facebook and all the others to begin with.

Then they come back, pop in and act aghast at how the board is since they have gone somewhere else.....like 4m should have stayed exactly the same and waited on their return.

Please notice I said " most cases" and didn't throw a blanket over everyone.....the people that wear that shoe know it fits.

Pennsboro23
01-22-2019, 03:43 PM
What's kind of strange is that in most cases the folks complaining about how great the message board used to be are the very same ones that ran to Facebook and all the others to begin with.

Then they come back, pop in and act aghast at how the board is since they have gone somewhere else.....like 4m should have stayed exactly the same and waited on their return.

Please notice I said " most cases" and didn't throw a blanket over everyone.....the people that wear that shoe know it fits.

Are they the same ones that made Facebook so bad?

Zonks32x
01-22-2019, 03:52 PM
BBQ,

That reminds me....I still have an old blackberry lying around somewhere??? I should charge it up for grins.

Best part of that phone was that d@mn Bickbreaker game.

Barbecueboy
01-22-2019, 05:21 PM
Are they the same ones that made Facebook so bad?

Have no idea , don't have an account , don't plan on having one...... My wife and kids though, they love theirs.

If I want people to know what I'm doing, or thinking I normally just call them or go visit them and tell them in person.

Highside Hustler25
01-22-2019, 05:28 PM
Back in the old days you had guys like Bubba Smith and a few others that were no different than Phil. I think folks are just more thin skinned nowadays compared to years ago.

ZERO25
01-22-2019, 05:46 PM
Back in the old days you had guys like Bubba Smith and a few others that were no different than Phil. I think folks are just more thin skinned nowadays compared to years ago.

I now nominate you for Post of the Year! :)

Im tired of watching paint dry, since Phillipe was cast out!

Josh Bayko
01-22-2019, 05:56 PM
What some of you don't seem to realize is that things/places always change, and message boards are not as popular as they used to be with all the other forms of social media that have popped up in the past 10-12 years.

Reddit has killed off a ton of forums.

NormP
01-22-2019, 08:22 PM
Reddit has killed off a ton of forums.

Exactly right.

I'm not a reddit nerd so I don't know a ton about it, but I have a guy that works for me that is a big reddit geek. I do know you go over there and find a special section for almost any topic you can imagine. I would guess there's probably one for dirt late models even if it doesn't get much traffic. Would almost guarantee there's one for sprint cars for sure since they're more popular.

Josh Bayko
01-22-2019, 10:02 PM
Exactly right.

I'm not a reddit nerd so I don't know a ton about it, but I have a guy that works for me that is a big reddit geek. I do know you go over there and find a special section for almost any topic you can imagine. I would guess there's probably one for dirt late models even if it doesn't get much traffic. Would almost guarantee there's one for sprint cars for sure since they're more popular.

There a few dirt racing subreddits, but none of em have much traffic. I was talking forums in general. Like I’m into wrasslin’, and I like shooting the breeze with other wrasslin’ fans during PPVS. I am a member at a couple different wrestling forums, but they have pretty much died off. The main wrestling subreddit has 376k subscribers.

NormP
01-23-2019, 10:42 AM
Yeah there are still some active "traditional" message boards for sure, but it's not like it was in 2005 or so. But that's fine. Life goes on.

Barbecueboy
01-23-2019, 11:09 AM
Yeah there are still some active "traditional" message boards for sure, but it's not like it was in 2005 or so. But that's fine. Life goes on.

Apparently not for everyone......some are still stuck in the rut that they most likely caused for themselves.

Waldo
01-23-2019, 05:55 PM
ya know, someday somebody might invent a site called 5m, and on that site you could say whatever you wanted too with no mods.......and then where would this site be. makes you think doesn't it.

flagone
01-23-2019, 07:13 PM
It seems to me about 75% of the people on here like it when people cannot say "whatever they want" because that ends up with zero racing and a ton of whiny back and forth name calling.

I think this is a FAR better version of 4m then we have had in a long time.

In answer to the "5m" question - this site would be right here and it would be about racing and not BS.

Bubstr
01-23-2019, 10:37 PM
I don't think it's a matter of thin skin at all. Most that complained where the older people in here. It used to be , you gave everyone respect, until they didn't deserve it. I think we lost that along the way.

Clayton_Wetter
01-24-2019, 03:28 PM

Some of the original members that keep whining about the old days have actually sucked all along and gotten away with their little exclusives club game forever. Stepping on anyone that displeases them by way of contacting Mods and becoming Mods. They are the problem themselves!!!

ZERO25
01-24-2019, 04:27 PM
ya know, someday somebody might invent a site called 5m, and on that site you could say whatever you wanted too with no mods.......and then where would this site be. makes you think doesn't it.

Agree 100%......Ive been a member of several FB hunting pages. The first ones claimed you could say what you want, but the mods started kicking people out when they did. There was a lot of arguing and nonsense most of the time. Members started leaving right and left because of the mods kicking people out for no reason.

And then, one of 'us"....started a new page where anything goes. Believe it or not, there is very little arguing now and no one gets kicked out!....and its the same members from the last page! Go figure!

Waldo
01-24-2019, 05:14 PM
So to answer flagone, which is probably a mod. I don't care if I am banned and this is my last post, but here goes. There is no reason somebody shouldn't be able to say what they want about racing or a race track unless there is vulgar language. This is a racing site for crying out loud. This site says the most opinionated. On top of that what do you think of freedom of speech? The truth? You can't handle the truth? What is it. You want to dance around in a field of dandelions on a sunny day? Well this is not real life or the world you live in.

Barbecueboy
01-24-2019, 05:24 PM
Some of the original members that keep whining about the old days have actually sucked all along and gotten away with their little exclusives club game forever. Stepping on anyone that displeases them by way of contacting Mods and becoming Mods. They are the problem themselves!!!

Never really thought of that angle , I wasn't around back then so I can't comment on that one way or the other.......like everything else, can't really throw a blanket over everyone from back then either because that wouldn't really be fair or accurate for me to say.

i can definately see your point about a few of the guys that object to new folks with new opinions......they aren't hard to spot.

I like the latest round of moderating , it is needed.