PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Pierce not planning to run a national tour in 2019?

Returning to Dirt
01-21-2019, 09:04 PM
https://insidedirtracing.com/bobby-pierce-not-planning-to-run-a-national-tour-in-2019/

A tweet from Pierce seems to indicate he will not follow a national series

Krooser
01-21-2019, 10:00 PM
Just read he won't be in Florida... New Zealand...

BadlandsBandit12
01-22-2019, 12:04 AM
I think it is lame he is going to New Zealand. Whatever!!!

Pennsboro23
01-22-2019, 07:07 AM
I think it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to run a national tour.

grt74
01-22-2019, 07:10 AM
he can make more by not running a tour, there are a ton of races close to him

Josh Bayko
01-22-2019, 08:41 AM
I think it is lame he is going to New Zealand. Whatever!!!

I mean, if I had the chance to travel on somebody else's dime I'd do it too.

MI Dirt Fan
01-22-2019, 08:43 AM
I think it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to run a national tour.

Like 2-3 months ago?

Barbecueboy
01-22-2019, 08:47 AM
Yessir.....the New Zealand trip is a no brainer, that's an awesome experience for the young man.

great for him and something else I'm envious of.:)

CILDirt
01-22-2019, 10:30 AM
He will probably win almost every summer nationals race. Throw in weekly bonuses and points fund money and he can make decent coin not going far from the house.

MI Dirt Fan
01-22-2019, 02:35 PM
He will probably win almost every summer nationals race.

lol..........

I wonder what Babb, Heckenest, Feger and Shirley think about that? Then add in a couple others like Erb Jr, Moyer and Bshepp who will hit a few of them.

Zonks32x
01-22-2019, 03:47 PM
lol..........

I wonder what Babb, Heckenest, Feger and Shirley think about that? Then add in a couple others like Erb Jr, Moyer and Bshepp who will hit a few of them.

He did say "almost,"...😂

Highside Hustler25
01-22-2019, 05:38 PM
He will probably win almost every summer nationals race. Throw in weekly bonuses and points fund money and he can make decent coin not going far from the house.

...............................................:ro lleyes:..........................................

BadlandsBandit12
01-22-2019, 10:00 PM
I mean, if I had the chance to travel on somebody else's dime I'd do it too.

Sure he can do what he wants, he is done it before and won it a few times, He also has done the New Zealand thing too. One thing he hasn't done won a major championship in WoO or Lucas Oil. Summer nationals don't cut anymore. That series is a dinosaur and caters to illinois drivers. They are lucky if they get a full field of cars. He had his chance to race with Dunn Benson again and he said no. To beat the best he must race the best. But sounds like he is cherry picking. Good luck!

Zonks32x
01-22-2019, 10:05 PM
Oh boy Badlands, now you went and done it...

BadlandsBandit12
01-22-2019, 10:22 PM
Oh boy Badlands, now you went and done it...

why because it is truth, I honestly thought he was good racing with Lucas Oil. That series was phenomenal the way it was last year. , Well maybe he wasn't up for the task this year and will try next year.

Shiny Side Up 18
01-22-2019, 10:29 PM
Is this gonna be enough?http://www.tomchabin.com/thumbnail/d/do-you-want-butter-with-that-giant-bags-of-popcorn-await-2.jpeg

pierceFAN
01-22-2019, 11:30 PM
Sure he can do what he wants, he is done it before and won it a few times, He also has done the New Zealand thing too. One thing he hasn't done won a major championship in WoO or Lucas Oil. Summer nationals don't cut anymore. That series is a dinosaur and caters to illinois drivers. They are lucky if they get a full field of cars. He had his chance to race with Dunn Benson again and he said no. To beat the best he must race the best. But sounds like he is cherry picking. Good luck!

hes an overated bum

Illtsate32
01-23-2019, 12:20 AM
Aint gna get no argument from me. I want to see it too, mainly because I know its feasible. Problem is that a tour is not econamically feasible for his family team on money spent vs money won compared to his outlaw schedule. His profit margin will be much higher...not gna blow money just to shut up a couple of 4m clowns...

kidrock
01-23-2019, 06:46 AM
Bobby's already beat the best, yes he has not won a woo or lucas championship but, to say he hasn't beat the best is just plain wrong. Yes he is going to be cherry picking where he races but, he is also going to be racing at some of the bigger races as well so, he's not ducking the competition just being smart about making a living racing and there are plenty of big races close to his home to cash in on. yes he had a chance to race with Dunn Benson for another year so, what's that tell us? That they like what he did last year.

Pennsboro23
01-23-2019, 07:12 AM

LOL, I'm not even sure what to say to this.

WisWildManFan
01-23-2019, 10:05 AM
Bobby needs Frankie jrs $

Kryptonite17
01-23-2019, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know what kind of money he will be racing for in New Zealand? Forget either series and points aside, he's missing out on a chance to make a lot of money in Florida. As I recall he now owns his own car right? I know the family isn't hurting for cash but I'm surprised he's skipping speedweeks.

Barbecueboy
01-23-2019, 07:20 PM
money doesn't always take the place of memories........I think it's pretty cool he's going.

tigwelder
01-23-2019, 07:23 PM
do they need to go to Fla to race on mostly junk tracks to make you guys happy? sounds like they got a better plan but know one on here has it figured out yet.

MI Dirt Fan
01-23-2019, 07:37 PM
do they need to go to Fla to race on mostly junk tracks to make you guys happy?

Many many many others do. lol

Zonks32x
01-23-2019, 07:41 PM
Bobby needs Frankie jrs $

Well, if Bob Sr. had started an auto recycling business at age 16...

Believe both families have done just fine, doing things the way they want to do them.

Kryptonite17
01-23-2019, 09:36 PM
money doesn't always take the place of memories........I think it's pretty cool he's going.I never said there was anything wrong with his decision to go. I'm looking at it from a financial decision standpoint. I've never cashed a check full of memories.

Illtsate32
01-23-2019, 09:45 PM
Getting to Florida with travel fuel, racing fuel, engine wear, tire bill for the sandy tracks, for what's the avg pay to win each night?... =money pit, vs going to New Zealand, Vacation for a week, and race a car totally on someone else's dime?...haaa no brainer...

pierceFAN
01-23-2019, 10:23 PM
Getting to Florida with travel fuel, racing fuel, engine wear, tire bill for the sandy tracks, for what's the avg pay to win each night?... =money pit, vs going to New Zealand, Vacation for a week, and race a car totally on someone else's dime?...haaa no brainer...

hes cherry pickin

Bubstr
01-23-2019, 10:26 PM
I'd say, the tire bill in FL. off sets any winnings, if it's anything like back when. Then none of the set ups transfer to anywhere else. You go if your going to race a tour or just for a vacation. The Sun on your back, does feel good though.

TackyTracker
01-23-2019, 11:23 PM
unless you have stupid $$$ or are running a series it doesn't make common sense to go down there

racincowboy02
01-24-2019, 12:57 AM
So Bobby Pierce won't run a national tour this year cause it doesn't make sense for him to do that this year with his family ride and i can understand that. What I would like to see him do if he chooses to stay in the family ride for 2020 is fo run an outlaw schedule this season and win races and money and put some money back so that he would have a better chance at running a national tour and running for a points championship of either tour. I think that he is a very talented driver and i would love to see him run a tour and i think we all would like to see that just to see how he stacks up against the other top tier drivers and teams.

kidrock
01-24-2019, 05:40 AM
So Bobby Pierce won't run a national tour this year cause it doesn't make sense for him to do that this year with his family ride and i can understand that. What I would like to see him do if he chooses to stay in the family ride for 2020 is fo run an outlaw schedule this season and win races and money and put some money back so that he would have a better chance at running a national tour and running for a points championship of either tour. I think that he is a very talented driver and i would love to see him run a tour and i think we all would like to see that just to see how he stacks up against the other top tier drivers and teams.

I understand what your saying but, for me he doesn't need to run a tour to see how he stacks up with the competition. He is for sure one of the top 10 if not top 5 drivers in the late model ranks. now that just my opinion.

racincowboy02
01-24-2019, 05:48 AM
I can agree with you on what you are saying. I guess for me it would be nice to see him put a couple of lucas and woo tour titles in his belt so when he hangs it up sometime 30 years or so from now. Im not saying he sucks or shouldn't pick and choose how he races but i would like to see him on tour and winning titles i think he is more than capable of doing that

Barbecueboy
01-24-2019, 07:36 AM
I never said there was anything wrong with his decision to go. I'm looking at it from a financial decision standpoint. I've never cashed a check full of memories.

That's kinda sad........

Mud Packer
01-24-2019, 11:10 AM

Just my opinion but as long as he is in the family ride it will be an outlaw schedule. If someone else is footing the bill, I'm sure they would be happy to discuss following a tour. A lot of money to be made close to home so why even risk going out on tour.

kazual
01-24-2019, 11:59 AM
Racing one of the two national series is over rated. It’s not necessarily a good money decision, picking and choosing with less travel expense may be a better avenue from a financial standpoint.

MI Dirt Fan
01-24-2019, 12:05 PM
Now it probably is somewhat overrated with more tracks and regional series paying $5k-$10k and a few $15k here and there compared to 7-10 years ago.

Clayton_Wetter
01-24-2019, 03:29 PM
Only the best can run the National Tours. :)

kidrock
01-24-2019, 05:22 PM
I can agree with you on what you are saying. I guess for me it would be nice to see him put a couple of lucas and woo tour titles in his belt so when he hangs it up sometime 30 years or so from now. Im not saying he sucks or shouldn't pick and choose how he races but i would like to see him on tour and winning titles i think he is more than capable of doing that

I believe one day that he will in fact end up running a series and that may or may not be in the family owned team.

Highside Hustler25
01-24-2019, 05:33 PM
Just looking at last years schedule, their were 16 races (non WoO & Lucas) paying 10g to win within 2-3 hours from central Illinois.
Lucas and WoO had 8 races (LaSalle & Joliet would have made it 10) in the same area.
Throw in numerous 5-8 g races and it's easy to see why a lot of guys stay close to home around here.

Shannon Babb is a perfect example. Even with the help from Petrof, he never runs a Nat. tour. And we know he would definitely make some noise.

racincowboy02
01-25-2019, 03:35 AM
Yall make very good points that. I am kind of unfamiliar with the racing up there and thank yall for helping me understand and not think im bashing him.

CILDirt
01-25-2019, 10:05 AM
Just looking at last years schedule, their were 16 races (non WoO & Lucas) paying 10g to win within 2-3 hours from central Illinois.Lucas and WoO had 8 races (LaSalle & Joliet would have made it 10) in the same area.Throw in numerous 5-8 g races and it's easy to see why a lot of guys stay close to home around here.Shannon Babb is a perfect example. Even with the help from Petrof, he never runs a Nat. tour. And we know he would definitely make some noise.That’s why I made my comment about him sticking close and doing Summer Nationals. Those are all 5/10K I think. I believe they are still doing the weekly bonus and he is almost guaranteed to win the overall point fund. If he wins the Summer Nats, that also puts him in at least top 2 for UMP national points depending on what Schlenk does. Even if there isn’t a crown jewel or 10K race on some random weekend he can drive up to FALS and race for 2500. Throw in PDC, North/South, Knoxville, and Eldora and he can make some decent money within a fairly short drive from the house.

Cardirt0
01-25-2019, 11:08 AM
If he stays close to home Good for the ones that live close to home that love or hate him. They get to see him Light things up were they can see him.