PDA

View Full Version : Trading paint trailer

highgroove
01-22-2019, 08:05 AM
https://youtu.be/t75Tvs17Gi4

Josh Bayko
01-22-2019, 08:38 AM
Looks like it'll be kinda cheesy, but in the best possible way.

Jking24
01-22-2019, 09:54 AM
Looks like it'll be kinda cheesy, but in the best possible way.I agree but i think most of us are a little too close to the sport. Our opinions are naturally biased hopefully it will be a good story and overall good movie. And provide some good exposure for our sport

JCSullivan00
01-22-2019, 02:06 PM
Without being biased because you are a dirt fan, you have to admit that this looks pretty terrible.

Krooser
01-22-2019, 05:34 PM
It will be ok...entertainment not a documentary.

Late_Model_Mark
01-22-2019, 06:06 PM
Give this flick a chance folks. What determines if a movie is cheesy? What is cheesy? This was of course filmed at the track I announce at so I am a tick jaded maybe. Sometimes a trailer can indicate it's worth but the whole movie needs to be viewed to sum up it's merits and or flaws.

At least in my mind the last movie to have LM's in it was Six Pack. These folks who made this movie at Talladega spent a good bit of coin. They sure spent some bank procuring the track and all the associated costs. Got some top notch actors too.

Remember, if ya like it on not, this showcases Talladega Short Track, and "our" Dirt Late Models. This movie can and will expose folks to "our" form of race cars, in my book it is a win-win for or cars and sport. They could have shot this deal at many other joints but they choose our track, and they were very happy with TST, a track that holds races that matter.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

Highside Hustler25
01-22-2019, 06:26 PM
Looking forward to watching it. If it's dirt racin, it can't be all bad.

Zonks32x
01-22-2019, 08:19 PM
Two things I noticed about the Trading Vinyl trailer...

1) The best looking chassis in this movie is a Twain, not a Rocket.
2) Vinny Barbarino may actually hold his own in the role of a racecar driver.

RaceEngineer
01-22-2019, 09:03 PM
Travolta is a convincing dirt tracker, I am sure. 😏

ZERO25
01-22-2019, 09:07 PM
Travolta is a convincing ..disco dancer.., I am sure. 

Fixed it for ya! :)

Zonks32x
01-22-2019, 09:59 PM
Travolta is a convincing dirt tracker, I am sure. 

Gray Beard....check
Owns a auto repair shop...check
Race suit is a size or two too small...check
Knocked a donkey out at the bar for talkin' $#@!....check
Runs a business to fund his racing habit....check

So far Barbarino is 5 for 5...

Snake X3
01-22-2019, 11:39 PM
They've got a cast with easily recognizable star names, so that should bring in some non-racing fans. But watching the trailer, what struck me was remembering when I was a kid 6-12 y/o. I would have begged my father every day to take me to that movie and both of my parents would reply, "We'll see", knowing full well we were going because Dad would never miss any racing movie...Grand Prix, LeMans, etc

The point I mean to make is that this movie will appeal to kids, which is something this sport really needs to grow. We read how we need to bring in young fans constantly from everyone, everywhere. DLMR already has the best product. The sport needs something like this to inspire kids and maybe drag some non-racing parents along with them or vice versa.

I'd go see it or at least rent it on Netflix.

kazual
01-23-2019, 06:45 AM
Always felt it was a joke that Days Of Thunder was mentioned as the best movie on racing that had been produced. Hope Trading Paint does well, at least it looks like it might be made with realistic settings.

Switchback29A1
01-23-2019, 07:20 AM
Setting Over/under on “shifting gears to make a pass” at 3

Barbecueboy
01-23-2019, 08:03 AM
Gray Beard....check
Owns a auto repair shop...check
Race suit is a size or two too small...check
Knocked a donkey out at the bar for talkin' $#@!....check
Runs a business to fund his racing habit....check

So far Barbarino is 5 for 5...

That sounds a lot like barry wright.:)

What?

over4T
01-23-2019, 11:59 AM
Few, if any, racing flicks have ever been very true to life and aimed at hard core racing people. The casual, or non racing fan might enjoy them more with the over the top crashes and the almost inevitable pretty female love interest conflict but the die hards will still go see it, if only to break the off season withdrawals.

The last racing flick that was realistic, in my humble opinion, was the old Robert Redford starring Little Faus and Big Halsey and that was about gypsy dirt motorcycle racing and the sleazy lead.

over4T
01-23-2019, 12:33 PM
...or in the dirt stockers the old Burt Reynolds moonshine movie, White Lightning. Matt Clark played a dirt tracker in that one with a beat up Chevelle, a run down house, a run down garage and a run down long suffering wife. The dirt track scenes looked like any low end dirt track in the country.

Credit the realistic look at racing to Hal Needham, a legendary stunt man and buddy of Burt's, who directed it. Hal broke his back in a miscalculated car jump from a dock to a floating barge in the movie. He also was a racer at the old paved Saugus Stadium in the Late Model Sportsmen outside L.A. A lot of Hollywood stunt people attended Saugus to watch him, though he seldom got out of the semis in the '57 Chevy days. A very rugged looking bunch of guys and gals, as you might expect for those who made their livings falling off horses and buildings and wrecking and crashing things, and not the kind you would want to mess with.

DurtyWimmin
01-24-2019, 10:53 AM
Another opinion
https://jalopnik-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/jalopnik.com/john-travolta-and-shania-twain-are-in-a-movie-about-dir-1831992616/amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fjalopnik.com%2Fjohn-travolta-and-shania-twain-are-in-a-movie-about-dir-1831992616

MI Dirt Fan
01-24-2019, 10:58 AM
Was that Bloomquist in the cowboy hat at the :42 second mark? lol

Wasn't there an incident a couple yrs ago where a kid got in a wreck and his dad ran out to help him. I'm thinking the car was in flames.

Josh Bayko
01-24-2019, 11:00 AM
Another opinion
https://jalopnik-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/jalopnik.com/john-travolta-and-shania-twain-are-in-a-movie-about-dir-1831992616/amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fjalopnik.com%2Fjohn-travolta-and-shania-twain-are-in-a-movie-about-dir-1831992616

That article is written by an idiot.

Krooser
01-24-2019, 12:05 PM
They had me at Shania Twain....

PH88N92
01-25-2019, 07:32 AM
I could go see this movie but I doubt my wife would want to go.... I think the best dirt racing movie so far has to be SIX PACK...

highgroove
01-25-2019, 11:20 PM
Where was this filmed i wonder...anybody know

Mod Runner
01-26-2019, 01:41 AM
As far as best racing movie , I would say Red Line 7000. During the time period the movie was made, mechanics were having a hard time getting Big Block Engines to last at 7000 RPM. That issue was well presented in the movie.

Jk19
01-26-2019, 11:30 AM
It was filmed at Talladega Short Track in Alabama