PDA

View Full Version : Rayburn combo or Mastersbilt smackdown?

langdonracing48
01-22-2019, 05:04 PM
Hey guys. Been out of late model racing for 10 years, even wanting to get another one. Got a buddy that has a few cars for sale and I was wondering what one you think I should get. He's got a 2010 Rayburn combo car, and a 2012 Mastersbilt smackdown. Both cars haven't been raced very much. I just don't know which is better. Track I'm racing is a 3/8 mile slick semi banked track (Oakshade Raceway). I'd obviously rather have a rocket or something, but the price is right. Trading a UMP mod for one. Lol. Thanks for any input!

RaceEngineer
01-22-2019, 09:30 PM
Hey guys. Been out of late model racing for 10 years, even wanting to get another one. Got a buddy that has a few cars for sale and I was wondering what one you think I should get. He's got a 2010 Rayburn combo car, and a 2012 Mastersbilt smackdown. Both cars haven't been raced very much. I just don't know which is better. Track I'm racing is a 3/8 mile slick semi banked track (Oakshade Raceway). I'd obviously rather have a rocket or something, but the price is right. Trading a UMP mod for one. Lol. Thanks for any input!I think the Rayburn is too old for the newer front end. Because of that, I would pick the Masters and put s7 spindles on it.

Doc88D
01-22-2019, 10:40 PM
If your going to run Oakshade, the thing to do is talk to Rusty Schlenk about the Rayburn. He is not far from Oakshade and has gotten a few of the old Rayburns up and running for local racers.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-23-2019, 09:25 AM
If your going to run Oakshade, the thing to do is talk to Rusty Schlenk about the Rayburn. He is not far from Oakshade and has gotten a few of the old Rayburns up and running for local racers.

That is a good suggestion, considering his location.

Krooser
01-23-2019, 09:07 PM
Of course if you bought the Mastersbilt MastersbiltRacer gives great advice and set-up help.

langdonracing48
01-23-2019, 11:36 PM
Thanks guys. I went and checked both cars out tonight. The masters has the s7 front end already, but the Rayburn appears to be in better shape and better taken care of. After a chat with rusty the Rayburn is too old for the new front end. Leaning toward the Rayburn just because it is in better shape but I've got a week to make my mind up so week see. Lol

powerslide
01-28-2019, 08:52 PM
Thanks guys. I went and checked both cars out tonight. The masters has the s7 front end already, but the Rayburn appears to be in better shape and better taken care of. After a chat with rusty the Rayburn is too old for the new front end. Leaning toward the Rayburn just because it is in better shape but I've got a week to make my mind up so week see. Lol

Keep looking. I feel like guys cant hardly give away older late models now days.