PDA

View Full Version : Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) - 2019 Schedule.....

HoosierDirtFan
01-23-2019, 05:07 PM
Eldora Speedway
Rossburg, Ohio
2019 Schedule - https://www.eldoraspeedway.com/events

Jim11h
01-24-2019, 09:52 AM
Wow that schedule has reallyyyy fallen off over the years to strictly specials only. Shame to see so few shows now

Mud Packer
01-24-2019, 11:16 AM
Wow that schedule has reallyyyy fallen off over the years to strictly specials only. Shame to see so few shows now

The more schedules I see, they seem to all be looking for best paying shows not necessarily weekly racing. More big events with less emphasis on racing every weekend. Promoters have to do what is best for their operation. There are still some tracks that will run weekly shows, so they probably will pick up some cars and fans. It's about money, nothing more.

weatherman85
01-24-2019, 12:56 PM
Little summary.

12 total events: 21 Actual nights of racing

Late Model Events: 5

Sprint Car Events: 7

Big Block Mods: 1

Trucks: 1

FWD: 1

Eldora modifieds: 6

Eldora Stocks: 6

champion24
01-24-2019, 01:20 PM
Kinda surprising having that few races, but they do have 2 of the best LM shows going! I guess they have the per day insurance coverage and only want bigger crowds. Instead of decent crowds on a more regular basis! As long as we race for the Globe there, we'll deal with pretty much whatever!!

MI Dirt Fan
01-24-2019, 01:33 PM
As such of a historical place that is with the big events maybe they don't feel obligated to run a full weekly schedule anymore against nother local tracks. I know Tony Stewart and whoever else owns the place but maybe it's not much of a money maker weekly. No matter how much money you have it's not fun to run a business you eventually lose money on except for bigger events. I was on the East Bay website looking at Winter Nationals schedule and they posted the new 2019 schedule and this year they only race like 8 times in a 4 months span.

Clayton_Wetter
01-24-2019, 03:18 PM
Little summary.

12 total events: 21 Actual nights of racing

Late Model Events: 5

Sprint Car Events: 7

Big Block Mods: 1

Trucks: 1

FWD: 1

Eldora modifieds: 6

Eldora Stocks: 6

Still just 12 weekends that they are open.

play4kps
01-26-2019, 10:28 AM
This has been like this for over 5 years! They dont run late models all summer, After the dream the first week of June, No late models till Baltes Classic in September!. And with Waynesfield basically closing, it leaves a big area with no racing in central ohio!

WisWildManFan
01-26-2019, 03:44 PM
Trucks moved to Thursday